Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term Assisted Conception ~ March 2006

Hi all

Just got back from my ultrasound. I've got 26 follies between 5 & 9mm on the left and 11 between 5 &10mm on the right already! They said not to worry and they could be dormant (I seem to have developed polycystic ovaries in the last 12 months). Geez! - I'm only on day 5 of stims! Really glad I pushed to have the u/s early. Now just waiting for my BT to see if they'll drop my puregon below 100iu. Does anyone else have words of wisdom for me! (2pm update - E is 1000 they want me back for another BT and u/s on Friday)

Shez Yay! nice to have some company. My clinic just does a BT to see if we've down regulated - but guess you see. If all goes to plan we might have OPU around the same time.

Bec - OMG! 20 cycles! Please tell me you count FETs as IVF cycles. I'll definitely be coming to you Bec when I need some motivation not to give up. I'm already thinking hard about whether I could handle another round - I can't begin to imagine what going through so many must be like. Did you keep a journal or anything? Ever thought about writing a book?

Angel Baby's Mum - :bluestick:

Ann - nice to meet you. Any insights you'd like to share from your time away?

Blue - where are you?

Hi to everyone else. Better get back to work :smt024

ann Guest

Hi Karbent,

insights OMG I have many.

I have been on the IVF train now for 16 months now, TTC for 4 1/2 yrs.

After our last FET we were sooo dissapointed we didn't know what to do, our Dr said that it was really a waste of time using our last emby due to DH's poor swimmers. So we are going to have another full stim cycle ICSI in May - June, where we live they only have clinics every 3 months.

So waiting, waiting, you all know the drill. Unfortunatley we have missed 2 cycles cause the witch never turned up on time, and I had a M/C 5 weeks ago (natural)

So I'm over my little tantrum now of not knowing what to do, as I don't have that much time (I'm 38).

So from the old chook
    Luv Ann

Hey Ann sounds like we have a lot in common. We've been TTC for about the same amount of time although it took me a lot longer to convince my DH something was wrong and get on the IVF train. He has poor morph and I'm just old. I'll be 40 in October. Fingers crossed for your next ICSI. Statistically speaking I could very well be joining you.

Even older chook.

Well don't want to jink anything but it's been 1 week tomorrow since transfer and all is good. I unfortunately had to give myself the 2 pregnyl support injestions as DH is at work and those jolly bottles are hard to break aren't they I cut myself even using a tissue to hold the top. Man I don't want to have to go to stim in May as these 2 injestions hurt enough I can't think on having all those others again as it has been too long.

What effect if any will these injections have on my BT next thursday?

Ann sorry to hear about your MC hugs to you matey

Kar Lots of follies there hope you don't over stimulate

Shez All the best for this stim cycle

Bec wowee 20 cycles I take my hat off to you I'm hoping this one no 5 is it for me for at least 18 mths. [-o<

Daisy What's Up with you ATM all good I hope

Tam Are you still enjoying your time off

Keen Hope AF shows when you want it to.

Anyone I have missed hope you are all travelling well.

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

goodluck Chele - the Pregnyl -HCG should be out of your system by them and the only HCG bub will be making. Hope you coping with 2ww and thinking of for your Angel's first anniversary coming up

Goodluck Ann for this cycle - hope it goes to plan

Where are you up to Heather ?

Keen - wonderful to see you back -what is next for you after AF ?

Shez - now long for you - [-o< for you

Bec- wow - goodluck jumping back on rollercoaster

Tam - hope the welcome witch behaves herself so you can get in before Easter

Just popping in to say hi and see how you are all going - [-o< you will all be joining us soon

Nola- thinkign fo you in 2ww too.
    :wave: to my buddies Bee , Chris, Leisa & Marg

welcome to Janee , Daisy & Kar - hope your stay in here is short and sweet for only the best of reasons.

Kar - I got my first IVF BFP at 39 on my 2nd stim cycle I wish you the best of everything for this cycle - you are super responder. Hope the follies continue to grow well and not OHSS.

Dear Friends - I lurk always keeping you in my thoughts.

Trish
    "~♥~ DD Charlotte Rose 1/9/04 26wks ~♥~"
    Expecting IVF twins July 06

Blue Sky Guest

Bec – Yay for starting your cycle!! I have everything crossed for you pet!! LOL to your hubby being excited – it’s great when they take an interest. Cycle 20 – holy mother of a cow! Hope it’s a lucky one! I must admit I didn’t know about the eye turn tendency with IVF kids. I was able to avoid the marathon although I had an interesting ‘Apocalypse Now’ moment when a police helicopter flew very low right over my head!

Janee – I agree with Sushee & Keen. I hope my soap box raving hasn’t driven you away. I wish you all the best of luck with your first cycle – fingers crossed that you will be into the pg forums soon!

Chele – good to hear the TWW is going well. I think pregnyl leaves your system after so many days (Sue may be able to tell you how many?) so it should be out by your BT. It may affect any POAS you do beforehand though. :bluestick: for you sweetie!!

Tam – how are you going? Started on stims yet?

Kar – Wow that's a huge follie count! My clinic told me to drink lots of water and I think I read someone else was told to not exercise too much. Hope you enjoyed your long weekend – my work was fairly quiet as a result of the Canberra PH hehehe. That interview sounded interesting.

Sue – Do you think the “hang up the boots” forum is “pro gentle” hehehe. I might consider joining you on your trip if we can swing past USA!

Vicki – How are you doing? What are you up to in your cycle?

Ann – So sorry to hear of your MC I hope your DH can have the month off to cycle with you so to speak. Fingers crossed for a successful cycle petal.

Keen – AF showed up yet? Hope so. How are you doing?

Shez – good luck with your cycle too pet. 3/4/06 is just around the corner!

Marg – hope you’re enjoying the games!! Will watch out for you in the crowd LOL.

Bee, Leis – hope you’re doing well.

Sushee, Mel, Trish – belly rubs to you!

I hope I haven’t missed anyone – terribly sorry if I have - hello and best wishes to you.

As for me – thanks everyone for your thoughts and wishes but unfortunately my cycle has been cancelled. ](*,) My P4 was considered too low (hence they consider I haven’t ovulated) and they did not want to “waste” any embies. I’ve also decided to change Drs – well, I had decided before this cycle that I was going to move on if this cycle didn’t work as I have been having ongoing problems with this Dr for some time :argue: .
    I was bitterly disappointed about the cancellation initially (3 weeks of stimming for nothing…) but have been much more positive over the last couple of days. I’m not sure when I will cycle next as it will depend on when I get to see the new Dr. I’m still showing positive on the ovulation test though so maybe DH might get some “on” over the next few days and we’ll pray for a miracle!! [-o<

Take care girls!
    Love
    H

Blue
    :fuming: :smt091 :mad: on your cycle being cancelled. Not fair.
    Am glad you'll be moving on to another doctor, that relationship is important. Hope you'll be more comfortable with the new one.
    Hmmm :-k pro-gentle hanging up boots forum. Maybe it should be hanging up bootIES?
    You're more than welcome to come on the trip - I don't mind doing another detour via USA. May as well just buy a world ticket!
    Seriously though, I'm so sorry this has happened to you. The road has just been too long for you chooky.
    And, as I always say....take care of your heart :hugs:
    Hi to everyone else, hope you're all doing well.
    Sue

Heather, big BUGGER & hugs for you on your cycle being cancelled, couldn't they make you 'O'? Trigger? Pessaries?
    Hope you find a better Dr & be comfortable with them. And hope it makes the difference, hopefully a different perspective helps.

Bec, yah for starting again, I hope it doesn't take another 20 cycles, lol! Wishing you all the best.

Chele, glad the TWW is going well, just watch any Pregnyl affecting HPTs if you try it. and yeah, they hurt. I'm remembering now since I will need them for my stim coming up next.

Kar, that is truely amazing on the follie number, big wishing that there is no OHSS. And hope it's not too painful for you.

Keen, has that witch reared her head for you?

Shez, sounds like all is going well, hoping good things for you

Well I think that's all I can remember but hope you other ladies are cycling well or enjoying the wait with me.
    Off for my CD21 appointment on Friday, I think I must be 'O' now but it feels a bit useless cause I don't know what side it's on so 'do I bother', but hey might BD just for the hell of it, cause I can, lol.

Take care

Hi Tam
    Just quickly on that....my naturopath treated a woman years ago. Her right tube had been removed and so had her left ovary. Miraculously, she fell pg naturally much to the disbelief of her gyno and many others. I know it's supposed to be impossible but.....
    Have fun BDg!
    Sue

Ann - I didnt know about your recent loss, honey. Im so sorry to hear it. Like you I have been MIA for a while - the constant failure over and over can be exhasuting and draining and we all need some time to ourselves. I am taking time off work for our next cycle too - trying the total bedrest this time. Hopefully we will both be successful this next cycle (you in May, me in April)

Bec - fingers crossed, sweetheart

Shez - 3 April is not very far away.... although of course when you're waiting for it, it feels like forever!

Kar - Ouch! That brings back memories - Hurts to walk, hurts to do just about anything, doesnt it. Funnily enough it seems your left ovary os your dominant one - mine is my right. Hope that the numbers stay the same and only the size of them increase for you... hang in there! Do you have any indication as to OPU date at this stage?

Chele - OOOOhhhhh I really hope we can kick you outta here very soon (IYKWIM!?).... inkstick:

Trish - hey, thanks for dropping by! Love seeing your belly on the av, knowing the two boys growing are a sign of hope for us all. Once AF arrives we will be starting a FET cycle. So back onto the Estrogen and millions of pessaries again - eewww!

Nola - inkstick:

H - so sorry to hear that your cycle has been cancelled! Bet you are :fuming: . I had a cancelled cycle once too - because of overstim - and it was the worst feeling to think what you had put yourself through and for you to not even have a chance at it - that really sucks. Hope the new dr is better for you, honey. In the meantime, you get busy

Sue - hee hee hanging up booties - thats good!

Tam - Go for it like there is no tomorrow - why not, when you can!

Im still awaiting AFs arrival - but I suspect she wont be here before the weekend, which is fine really. If she does turn up when I expect the only issue will be that it puts me having transfer on the easter weekend which should be interesting...but I believe Easter Saturday is not a public holiday, so hopefully that might be our window..

Funnily enough this current cycle is the first in ages where I have been doing the 'imaginary' symptoms thing - you know where you convince yourself you may have actually done it on your own and that just maybe your boobs are sore - well they are - but that is after much prodding and poking to see if they are, of course! And you know you are getting up in the middle of the night to go to the toilet - of course that is because you cant really sleep well because your mind is thinking....."Maybe, just maybe??".... funny how evil we can be to ourselves!

Tam - hey there, well having one tube doesn't wipe you out of the equation luvey. Best of luck.

Best of luck to all you ladies.

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Heather -so sorry to hear of your cancelled cycle

Hello to all you lovley ladies,

Heather- I am so sorry to hear that your cycle was cancelled. somedays it really feels like we take one step forward and two back doesnt it! I think it is great news that you are changing doctors. I hope you have smoother sailing with the new doctor.

Kar- I hope you are going well. Hope all those follies are not giving you too much pain.

Anne- I think it is great your Hubby having time off. Just makes the whole thing alot less stressful for both of you. My Hubby has a hard time getting time off too. It must be hard being kept to a certain time table. But at least you have the option. I know Sydney IVF is now doing a clinic up here on the coast. they also only do periodically. When I had my blood test done the other week the collectors said that that they had 25 IVF women in for blood tests. The collectors were not told so it was a really busy morning for them. It just made me apreciate my clinic more as it is full time and I have my blood test there at the clinic.

Bec G- You are so incredible strong. I cant imagine having to keep trying that many time. though I know if I had to I will.

Chele- Sorry to hear that you cut yourself. They are tricky little things arent they. DH is a lad tech and is used to breaking tubes so I made him do it. He uses paper towel . He says that it is just that bit more hardier.

Shez- Fingers crossed that all is going well.

And everyone else I have missed I do hope all is going well for you this week.

I at the moment am living in limbo land again. Because my blood sugar and insulin levels are not good I had to go back to my GP who is now sending me to another doctor. So god only knows how long I will be off the IVF train. So lots of yoyoing emotions in my house at the moment!

Heather - bugger about the cancelled cycle - here's hoping the new Doc makes all the difference. Take care. [-o< for you. xoxo

Vicki - hope the blood sugar and insulin levels start behaving and your back on the IVF train soon (with a good result!).

Keen - good luck with timings. And I know exactly what you mean about 'imaginary' symptoms. The being positive but also realistic thing is SO tough to balance on this journey.

Tam - all the best for your appointment today. xoxo

Trish - HI! :wave: Great to see you.

Chele - thinking of you. Can't believe you gave yourself 2 pregnyl injections - you are so brave. I can handle the puregon but I don't think I could get the syringe setup properly let alone inject the pregnyl myself - ouch!

Kar - how are you going? Hope the BT and u/s goes great today. And don't want to hear anymore of this 40 is old stuff! LOL! It's only a couple of years away for me!

Ann - so sorry about the m/c. Sending you lots of luck and good wishes for May/June. xoxo

Shez - how are things going with you? Keeping my fingers crossed.

Chele - hope the 30th is here in no time and that it comes with good news. xoxo

Bec - sending heaps of positive vibes your way.

Janee - hope you're feeling well and the BP is behaving.

Leis - thinking of you and hope all is well. xoxo

Well, I thoroughly enjoyed the Comm Games. There seemed to be such a great spirit and atmosphere everywhere we went. The highlight was being in the MCG when our female marathon runner entered the stadium - talk about a deafening roar! We're heading back to Melb tomorrow for the last night of athletics and then the Closing on Sun night which I'm really looking forward to (I'll have to take a box of tissuse with me!).

It hasn't all been smooth sailing tho. I've had really bad sinus the last few weeks and on the weekend my head started clearing up but now it's all drained down onto my chest and I have ulcers on my throat and a chest infection! I'm on antibiotics which are helping - it's just a constant cough that is driving me batty! I don't know, there always seems to be something!

Anyway, hopefully it will disappear in the next week or so - in time for me to start my next IVF cycle in April all fit and healthy - fingers crossed!

Marg

Hi girls,
    I start jabbing tomorrow already had a practice go ..just to make sure I can do it as if lol I just wanted it to feel real and that I was back on the TTC train again.
    Hehe got a bill from MIVF for frozen embies and smiled thinking it would be last one I get for awhile, I just hope being cold for so long hasnt done them any damage.
    Heather: Sweet I feel for you I hope you find a brilliant doctor that listens to you and has wonderful sucess rates .
    Keen: sending you positive vibes and fingers crosses that this is it. lol symptoms I thought I had ms during my 2ww everytime.
    Tam: Good luck today hun
    Kar:Hope the BT and US have great results. My GF mum had 3 sucessful pg with GIFT after 40.
    Chele: You brave girl, one jab would be hard enough but 2!!
    Ann: Honey I send you my love and recovery vibes, mc is hard and esp through IVF. If you ever need to chat PM me
    Shez: Good luck girl
    Marg: Sounds like a wonderful time at the com games, not long till the next cycle
    Jane: BP guee hope it is all under control soon
    Vicki: Bugga about BS and Insulin, I hope it all comes together quickly and IVF is back on schedule for you.
    Did I mention I feel Blah!! maybe nerves , maybe too much food..lol that woud be it
    Bec

Hi everyone

Blue - real bummer about cycle being cancelled. Hope you are keeping chin up. New dr might make all the difference. Didn't tou have a stim FET cycle? And still no O? Did they say why? Hope you've been having some fun in the meantime.

Chele - hope HCG does leave your system faster than mine did. I did 1000ui trigger on my first ICSI cycle and on day 10 still had 4ui showing on my first blood test but it was all gone by D12. Those pregnyl ampoules are SUCH a bugger to get open aren't they. You almost need a hacksaw! Still sending you inkstick:.

Keen - I'm quite curious about complete bedrest post ET. I've noticed that nearly all the american girls are sent to bed for 24-48 hours after blast transfer whereas last time my clinic specifically told me not to go to bed but be on "light duties" the rationale being complete bed rest can slow the blood flow to the abdomen. But I can't help feeling after an ET that being vertical is gravitationally a bad idea but did what I was told.

Bec - you are a week behind me. Good luck with the stims.

Marg - Glad you are enjoying the CWgames. Must have been brilliant to see women's marathon. Hope that your cold has moved on by now. Is probably good timing for you to get it out of way now before next cycle.

Daisy - a belated thanks for your welcome (sorry I somehow missed you on earlier msg). Hope new dr can do something on blood sugar/insulin levels. S'pose you've tried herb med?

Tam - I've also heard a miraculous story like SuziQ. Recently my accupuncturist gave me a copy of a hand written letter from one of her former patients, a woman with one tube who was a registered nurse. She ovulated from the ovary with no tube and got pregnant. She went into a lot of technical detail (nurse speak) but upshot was that the fimbria on her remaining tube had reached out and collected the egg from the other ovary. So you go girl!

Shez - how are you going? Feeling anything yet?

As for me - I had my D7 BT&U/S this morning. Amazingly my follicle count has dropped. Different nurse though. So now have 13 on left (16,15,14, 2x12s, 4x10s, 2x9s, 3x6s) and 8 on the right (15, 14, 4x10s, 8, 8). My E was 3100 and they think my OPU will be Wed 29th. But have to go back for another BT&U/S on Monday. I was so hoping I'd make it to a day 13 or d14 OPU. But looks like it'll be another d11 pick up for me again! which probably means unripe eggs!

I'd be interested to know on what day of stimming others have had their OPU in past cycles? Bec? Shez?

Hi to everyone else I've missed.

Hi Kar my EPU was day 18 as my E levels played up, was intially due for day 14. This time round we are aiming for day 14 of stim. On that note I had my BT today.. I didn't get the levels but I'm going up to 175units from 150. Last time I started at 125 and ended up at 250 + OHSS so Doc says we will be sticking with this dose.. I'll believe that when I see it!! I am having occassional niggles but nothing too uncomfortable yet. Yeah about the follies!! Here's to a good pickup!!!

love and hugs to all

Kar - yeah Im giving the whole bedrest thing a go. It just seems logically to make sense (like you said being vertical and all). I also thought perhaps was the reduced blood flow etc but then when you are sleeping isnt that when your body does most of its repairing? Yeah I dont know. But have tried just going about normally with "light duties" with no success previously, so just trying an different path this time thats all. I suppose more so that if I try and it doesnt work well at least I have tried IYKWIM?

Bec - yaye on the jabbing commencement! Fingers crossed for you and kots of follie growing vibes your way :-)

Marg - glad to hear you have been having so much fun with the comm games - is nice to be able to ficus on something else for a while.... onward and upward to your cycle in April. There seems quite a few of us all going around the same time, so I figure that increases the chances of at least a few of us making it through! Fingers crossed, anyway.

Vicki - hope the GP can put things right for you with regard to your insulin and BP... bet its frustrating ](*,)

Shez - keeping everything crossed! Come on follies!

Well AF turned up right on time - AMAZING! Anyway so am now officially day one and start on estrogen today. Really looking forward to the pessaries...not! But at least can get things going again. At least can feel like am doing something to get there.

Hope everyone is doing well and has had a good weekend.....

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast