Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: new to your forum and first time ivf

gina Guest

Talking I Cant Believe Im Pregnant !!!

Hello everyone!!!

I cannot believe it. I called the doc today and its . This is the most unexpected thing i ever thought would happen after all i have been through.

I would like to thank all of you for being the most supportive and most loveable group of genius women i have come across in a very long time. You all have been extra-ordinary in your own special way and you probably dont even know why. You all have helped me though a very rough patch and have given me hope that good things can come out of adversity.

I wish all of you luck and lots of love and dont give up on what you want.

oxoxoxox Gina

4 weeks pregnant
    IVF blastocyst transfer 1st try!!

kathy_w Guest

Thumbs up OMG!!

Hi GIna,
    I just wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS! I think that is wonderful that you got pregnant on your first go!! I am having to head down the IVF path, as I have non functioning tubes.. unless my naturopath can get them going for me!! Any way congrats and I wish you a great pregnancy, and hopefully the same will happen to me!
    kath.

That is wonderful news congratulations, We have just started IVF and I hope it happens first try bfor us. I'm so happy for you it's great to see it can happen first try congrats again.

Congratulation what wonderful news. Wishing you a H&H pg...

Gina thank you for the good news !!! I was feeling bummed and seeing that you got a BFP made my day and gave me some new hope in all this stuff. That is great your IF journey was going to be a short one. Please continue to tell your story on websites like this to give others hope as well.

Heather

ally031177 Guest

Hi Gina, CONGRATULATIONS that is great news. All the best for a healthy pregnancy. Keep us up to date with everything.

Hugs Ally

OMG Gina - that is wonderful news!! Congratulations sweety and wishing you a H&H pregnancy! You will need to hand out a good sprinkle all that new baby dust!

Well done

gina Guest

Hi everyone!!

Thank you all for support and kind words. Lets hope this is the stickiest blasto on the planet.

I will keep on this website and keep updating my journey. It is the biggest fluke ever isnt it!!??

There is definitley hope for everyone. I believe that even through huge adversity and challenge something good has to come out of it for all of us. I have had the worst 6 years of my life never knowing if i could ever fall pg. There you go - its poss. With no tubes and having to explain to my DH that its going to be a struggle if we get married and want kids we still did it. There are alot of you out there in a similar sitch. Believe me i understand more than you would think. Now all i think about is - i HOPE EVERYTHING IS GOING TO BE ALRIGHT. It doesnt matter that i am pg, it is not real yet even though i am taking all the right steps for the baby.

Like most of you, this is all i wanted after my DH. Lets see where this path will lead to. I am trying to think positively, but there is always an element of doubt that wont leave in a hurry.

Good Luck Girls - If I can advise anyone or if you just want a chat i am more than happy to oblige.

xoxoxox Gina

Default message to Kathy

Kathy W I wanted to ask you how a naturapath could open both your tubes ? I have read alot from many women and I've never heard of that being possible. I'm sorry I know NOYB (not of your business), I just have heard of alot of naturapaths making crazy claims and people being very disappointed. I have also know people personally who have taken too much "natural" medication only to destroy their liver. I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings.

Heather

gina Guest

Hi Heather & Kathy,

I have heard that these things dont work too and that you have to be careful who you trust. I was very sceptial like you Heather. My friend at work told me of her natropath experience whilst TTC for her tubes too and it was a load of bull unless its done medically she said. I understand this is a really touchy subject but its worse than paying all that money for false hopes itsnt it? That is why i never did it. I dont want to see anyone taken advantage of like my friend. If your tubes are damaged i was told unless they are operated on there is no way lacerations etc could be repaired even partially. In my case it wasnt even a consideration cause mine were shot to pieces.

Kathy I really hope that the natropath is right and i am wrong. Stranger things have happened and miracles happen too. Just ask me!! Keep trying whatever you think is right and feel is working is my saying.

Take care and thanks for your kind wishes. Keep you all posted!

kathy_w Guest

My tubes were blocked up with scar tissue, they were cleared and adhesions removed. My naturopath put me on silica tablets the silica stops the adhesions re forming and coming back, as they do grow back. I am also on tonic to make my eggs healthier. These things can keep them clear and help the egg along.. I am giving this a go for a few months anyway no harm in trying as we dont have funds for IVF yet.

gina Guest

Hi Kathy,

You have done the hard yards buy getting them cleaned up anyway!! You never know this could work.

On the other hand if you have a medical condition in NSW you can claim more than half. Its about $1500. If you do a stim cycle then freezing is $275. All up its cost us @ $2000. Definitely not more including the drugs.

I am sure that you have already checked it all out. I was surprised that through the hospital RPAH in Sydney, Sydney IVF do most of the work anyway and Medicare covers the rest without being out of pocket.

I wish I had more money to help everyone!! We are all struggling regardless of lifestyle choices nowdays - mortgage, car loan etc.....

I feel like i really understand you as the tubes are my prob too. Keep on doing the other stuff and just keep up hopes.

If you want to talk off line let me know.

xoxoxo Good Luck darling!!!!

kathy_w Guest

Default Thank You

Thank you Gina, I really hope it works too, I am starting to feel doubtful now I think..

Send me a msg anytime you want, [email protected] . I am in Qld, so nothing covered in the hospital here, its a St Vincents and they dont do anything like IVF because its a catholic hospital.
    Bummer.
    Oh well I am just going to save my money and get it done. Having some probs at the moment with a colleague who is pregnant so would really love to chat!!
    Thanks again, Kath.

Kathy I'm was surprised by how much you get back from Medicare, the inital upfront costs are alot but it seemed like two or three weeks later most of the money was in our account. I've also heard if you shop around for drugs it is alot cheaper too. I would talk with someone in the accounts department and get them to give you a detailed list of what you will need to pay and how much you will get back from insur. and medicare. Make sure you have an appt. with a real person who works in accounts so their are no surprises. You might be pleasantly surprised.

Heather

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12