Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - March 2007

OMG Jo..I'm praying for a BFP for you!!

Huge hello to every one else.

Nic

Wow, Jo! I've snuck on from work again and this has put the biggest grin on my face! It might be worth doing another test tomorrow. I'm one of those people that got a false positive once, but it was only once, the next time I tested there was no second line at all. I'm left wondering just how many positives I'll need to see before I ever believe that it is positive for me at last.

It's so strange. I can hear of a BFP among other groups and all I do is go away and cry and feel my heart breaking because it feels like yet another person has jumped the queue ahead of me, but every time there is that news here in this thread I truly can be happy and excited. Maybe I'm just weird. Anyway, Jo I'm praying that you have a super sticky bub there and this is it for you at last!! WOOOO!

Still got my achey boobs - I could understand it if I was in the second half of my cycle, but I'm still only on lucrin! Don't start puregon until Friday. I'm just at the point where *everything* is hurting - for some reason my arthritis is wanting to play up and I have bad pain in my back and neck and generally just feel miserable. And that's where I remember that the lucrin side effects included bone pain... but it's still not as bad as the synarel!

For a sneaking on from work post, this has got awfully long, so I must be off...

BW

Just an update, I did not pee or drink anything for 3 hours so I could do another hpt.
    I have just done two, one with pregnosis & another crystal clear & they both came up straight away with a second line!!!

I still can't quite believe it but I have been having slight cramps this arvo so I'm hoping that's not a bad sign.
    I have heard on here that some women swear they're getting af because of cramping so fingers crossed it will be a stayer.

I think I will definately have to have my b/t tomorrow morning instead of Thursday, I wont believe it fully until I get that confirmation.
    I'm sure if it's coming up on a hpt it should come up on b/t at 13dpo.

Dh will be home in about an hour so I can't wait to tell him, I don't want to get our hopes up but I will not be able to keep it a secret.
    I am soooooooo glad now that I did not drink at the wedding.
    Thanks ladies for all your + thoughts for me today & I will keep you posted.

Jo - 27 (treated endo)
    Dh - 33
    TTC #1 since June 2005
    First chlomid / IUI Jan/Feb 2007 - BFN
    Second chlomid / IUI March 2007 -
    this will be the year!

Wow Jo,
    sounds like very exciting news for you. I can't imagine how exciting it would be to tell your DH.

Jo

Just popping in quickly tonight....
    Jo, that's the best news I have heard all day!! Can't wait to hear your official BT results!!

Bad news for me this today..... we were due to have transfer tomorrow morning but sadly neither of our little embies survived the thaw. I was devastated when my nurse rang me. I was all set to go.
    I'm angry too at the stats they give out to you. I was told by one of the nurses that there is an 80% chance of survival for each embie being thawed. Well I had 4, and only one of them survived. So that's 25%. It really makes it hard to believe their figures when I fall so far below the line.
    I had already organised the day off tomorrow and my boss had left for the day before I got the news so I have decided I am still having the day off. I'm going to sleep in, read, catch up on BB and relax. I feel like I really need it at the moment.

Megan - sorry hun that things didn't work out, life sux sometimes!
    I think it's a great idea to stay at home tomorrow & just chill.
    to you, I know you've been through the ringer lately & I hope things turn around very soon.

Jo - 27 (treated endo)
    Dh - 33
    TTC #1 since June 2005
    Second chlomid / IUI March 2007 -
    this will be the year!

I'm really sorry, Megan, that really sux. :hugs:
    I think a day off anyway won't do you any harm, a good time for a bit of TLC.

Oh no Megan that really sux huge hugs for you sweetie.

Wohoo for you Jo...you will have to get a new username no you are no longer ttc!!

question: is it normal to have cramping and sore bbs 8 days after transfer? I was really sore the first few days on the crinone and the last two days it has really died off...now it just feels like AF is coming? Is that normal...that and the fact I am the moodty negative ***** from hell at the moment...I really don't like this crinone stuff......ah well, chin up Mel...I just feel so negative about it all today as if it is never going to happen.

Jo - that's awesome - so glad things seem to be showing a BFP across the board - how'd your DH take the fantastic news??

Megan - i'm so sorry hun - i don't think there's words i can say that will improve how you're feeling at the moment. i really think the day of R&R tomorrow will do you good. i can only hope that you get some good news soon - you seem to be having a hard time lately

Mel - don't give up hope - may not be AF type cramping - could just be a sticky little embie trying to get itself comfy in there - fingers crossed for you!

Was wondering how you were Mel, you have been quiet lately. I can't help on the syptoms, but I will and for you.
    Jo

Mel, I felt like that on Crinone for the entire time. It's horrible stuff!
    Saying that though, the symptoms you get from Crinone all seem to similar to pg symptoms as well. It's so hard to tell!! I so hope you get your BFP this cycle.

Thanks girls for all of your support.
    I am thankful that I have a lot going on to keep me busy at the moment, or I might not be dealing with this as well as I have so far.
    We have decided to sell our house. One of the reasons being the cost of IVF and the fact that I would never be able to stay home for more than a couple of months when we eventually do have a baby. I refuse to go through all of this IVF stuff and then leave my baby to be looked after by someone else from a very early age. So, we are going to invest our money elsewhere and rent cheaply for a while so we can save more money for IVF if it's needed.
    it's been a big decision but we both think it's for the best. So, I'm sure keeping the house spotless is going to keep me busy!! lol Then in about 6 weeks or so we are off to Darwin for a holiday and I can't wait. That's at the beginning of May, so we'll start our next stim cycle after that!

Jo - How did your DH react to your news? If you have a b/t tomorrow how long before you know the results? Just on a reassuring note, I had AF cramps with DD.

Megan - Lots of hugs for you. Hope you have a nice relaxing day at home tomorrow. How long is your holiday to Darwin? Would love to go up there one day myself.

Mel, Hope tomorrow is a better day for you.

Nic

Thanks Nic. We're up there for 10 days. I lived there for a few years when I was a teenager and my aunty still lives there so we'll stay with her. It will be great to catch up with some people and to take our mind off everything for a while.
    I'm almost counting the days now I'm getting that desparate!!!

Nic - I will be able to find out results late in the arvo tomorrow!
    Yes I am still have slight twinges in tummy.

Megan - good on you guys for being brave enough to make the tough decisions, I used to work in childcare & we had babies as young as 4-6 weeks old & it broke my heart knowing they saw me more than their parents.

Well when Dh got home I took him upstairs to the bathroom & said 'look I've got two lines' but being male he had no idea what that meant!
    So I told him but he was just like let's not get too excited just yet which was a little dissapointing because I was dying to tell him all day.
    So after I got out the instructions for the hpt so he could read it & he seemed to believe it after that, gee I'm not sure why he wouldn't believe his crazy, hormonal wife!
    So anyway he is trying to contain his excitement like I am until we get our b/t results.
    Sometimes I forget he isn't as clued up as I am on all the ttc stuff.
    I really should go to bed now but have no idea how I'm going to be able to sleep.

Jo - 27 (treated endo)
    Dh - 33
    TTC #1 since June 2005
    Second chlomid / IUI March 2007 - waiting for confirmation!
    this will be the year!

Sammi Jane Guest

BW - I hope you feel better soon.

Jo - how exciting!!!!! I can't wait till you have your b/t - I'm sure it will be a BFP! Congratulations! I'm very happy for you. Don't worry, DH's never react the way we think they will or the way we want them to...

Megan, I'm so sorry to hear about your frosties. My heart goes out to you - lots of hugs to you. A day off work is just what the doctor ordered, and a holiday to look forward to is perfect too! I hope you enjoy your time off and look after yourself. wow, that's huge news that you're going to sell your house. That will keep you busy!

Mel - I hope those cramps mean it's implanting!! Try to stay positive - try to picture your little embie implanting itself... they say there's power in positive thoughts! Fingers crossed for you.

As for the Crinone, last night was my 1st night of it and I feel like this is going to be the worst part of the whole process. I was reading the 'very common side effects' and they sound horrible!!!!! I feel crampy today, but not too bad. But it's only day 1. What was the worst of it for you guys?? Also, I'm worried about transfer - won't it be yucky from the Crinone for my FS???? This is all so intrusive and humiliating! I can't wait till it's all over.

Jo - I'm so so happy for you - lol at your DH not beleiving you! Goodluck with your BT today.

Sammi - Hope the crinone isn't treating you too badly - sounds like i've got a lot of things to look forward to!

Holly - you get a BFP this cycle and you won't have to worry about changing clinics at all.

BW - how are you going with everything? I must try and catch up on your TTC journal

Megan - i'm so sorry your cycle has been cancelled - make the most of your day off work. Sounds like you've got lots to keep you busy. I love Darwin, we were only just up there at Xmas time.

AF arrived again on Monday so i rang the clinic as they asked, they have booked me in for a BT on 6th April. I was in the car with a couple of people so it was a bit hard to talk when the nurse rang me back but from what i understood the BT is to see if i have O'd (if my body does the right thing i should be 7DPO). Then if i have O'd they put me on syranel spray which brings on AF and then once AF is here we start the injections, then approx 2 weeks later is EPU - is that the way it happens? She offered to put me on the pill but i declined - don't think i ever want to go back on the pill ever, just means i may need an extra BT if i haven't O'd by the time i go in.
    So now i'm counting down - 3 weeks and 2 days, i can't wait!

Hi to everyone else i missed hope all is well

Boo, it seems there are a few different ways of attacking an IVF cycle!
    I wasn't given an option, I was just told I had to start the pill on day CD2. I then started Synarel around CD10 and then injections a couple of weeks after that. The whole thing was about 5 weeks from start to EPU and then of course the TWW after that.
    Your cycle sounds much quicker! May have to ask about that option myself I think!

I'm not sure if i'm right Megan - I didn't really take in all the infomation when she rang, i wanted to ask questions but couldn't because there were people around. She's sending me out some more info and a DVD and said if we have any questions after looking through all of that then to call them back and ask away - hopefully they should be waiting in our letter box when we get home tonight.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast