Thread: Day 2 transfer?

Default Day 2 transfer?

Has anyone had a BFP wilth a day 2 transfer??

I had 7 eggs collected at EPU yesterday and got the phone call today to say that only 1 had fertilised with ICSI. They couldn't tell me what cell the embryo is at because it's too early. As we only have one embryo they will be doing transfer tomorrow (Day 2). I am devastated, I thought we would have a much better result than previous cycles as my DP had an open testicular biopsy to try to find more/better sperm than he normally produces.

My first cycle produced 15 eggs, 3 fertilised, but only one made it to transfer. BFN.
    2nd cycle produced 8 eggs, but none fertilised.
    This time around, I was dissappointed with only having 7 eggs, but to only have one fertilise gives me little hope.
    I have had 3 stim cycles as I've never had any to freeze.

I know it only takes one, but I am so scared that as they have to transfer it at day 2, then maybe they aren't very positive about success.

i had 2 day tfer , actually my fs prefers 2 day tfers as he says the best place for them to grow is in the natural environment and he believes he has better success with that.
    Good luck and lots of positive vibes to you. we too had ICSI with big needle to retrieve sperm .
    i am currently in tww with my little emb on board due for test on 30th 9 days and counting
    janet

Hi LJ,

I'm sorry to hear about your latest cycle. But remember all you need is one. Lets hope that it continues to divide and you can pop that little one back with confidence. I can't help you with the 2 day Tfr unfortunately, I suffered with severe OHSS after my EPU. I am currently in the dreaded 2WW and find out on Friday if we have a positive result.

JBM - I know exactly how you feel. Going a little crazy but trying to keep myself occupied!

Take care girls and wishing you all the very best over the next couple of days

Hi LJ
    I just got a BFP with a 2 day transfer my FS also recommends 2 day transfers as they have much better success, they do very few blasties and have an excellent success rate of 58%. I think its true the enviroment in you is better than any petrie dish!! Good luck and i really hope this is the one for you

Hi LJ,
    You had 7 eggs collected, that is not bad. You have a chance to get pregnant, stay positive.

Hi LJ

I was talking about this with my FS just the other day. Her take on it was that if there is only one then go for a day 2 transfer because that is the best chance of success as the uterus is the best growing medium there is. I am guessing that you have previously had a day 5 blast transfer. My FS said that they grown them out to day 5 because it shows which ones were going to survive anyway because if they can't make it to day 5 they probably weren't going to make it anyway and there isn't much point putting embies in that weren't going to make it. But, if you only have one then give it the best opportunity that you possibly can.

HTH

Hi LJ,

Personally, I believe day 2 trfrs are the way to go.

I have had 3 day 2 trfrs, with a strike rate of 2 out of 3.

I miscarried at 6 weeks with the 1st, and am now 21 wks with the 2nd day 2 trf.

My best advce to you is to reamin relaxed and calm ( difficult given the sit, I know) drink lots of water and if possible, lay down for 24hrs after trfr. With both of my BFP's i spent 2 days either on the couch watching tv, or in bed after trfr, drinking lots of water and cordial!! Its what worked for me.

Good luck with it all, I have my fingers crossed for you.

Cheers... Fi....

Thanks for the thread LJ and thanks for the replies ladies.

I too had my EPU yesterday, 3 egss retrieved and got the call about 20 mins ago to let me know that only 1 fertilised so they will be doing ET tomorrow. I was kind of freaked out but this thread has totally put me at ease and made me very confident.

Thanks everyone!

Hi Paula,

Thinking of you and good luck with the Tfr tomorrow.

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all your replies (and confidence boost). I was feeling really down about everything but after reading that some FS prefer to do the 2 day transfer I was feeling a lot better.

JBM - I guess it makes sense that the "natural environment" is the best place. Good luck with your 2WW, I hope everything goes really well for you.
    Bindy - thanks for your support and hope you can stay sane during your 2WW
    Scooby & Princess Fiona - your success stories give me so much hope. Congratulations on your BFP's.
    Paula - all the best with your transfer and I agree that everyones replies make us feel a lot better about our situation.

I have just got home from having my transfer. I'm feeling a lot better about things now. The embryologist told us that our embie is perfect for a Day 2 - 4 cell, grade A, no fragmentation and that they are really happy with with how it's looking
    So I have now joined the 2WW and will be going insane like so many of you are!! My bloodtest is on the 5th of June, which is also my birthday, so maybe thats a good omen!!

LJ that sounds fantastic. What a wonderful birthday present that will be!

Thanks Paula, I am hoping to have a great birthday with the best present ever!!

Hope all went well with your transfer yesterday. Now we've just got to get through the next 2 weeks!!!!

Yes we can keep eachother sane and calm. You will be testing on 5th June right?

Yes, bloodtest on the 5th of June It's gona be a looooong 2 weeks!

LJ good luck TWW can drive you crazy but a 2 day transfer does not lessen the fact that this may be the one sweet