Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Double Embryo Transfer

Hi..
    Just wanted to wish you lot's of hug's n love!
    I've had a double & a single transfer!!! The only thing my FS was concerned about was the health & safety of any babies that are multiple...premmies etc.
    I think they let me do a double because I had only 3 embies to transfer. Put 2 back & froze 1 & then the next IVF only 1 healthy embie,all failed sadly
    I def think it should also depend on if there are any existing conditions (none for me) I'm not sure I agree on the age thing! I guess we are all different hey!
    baby dust for everyone xxxx
    mamabear

Natalie P Guest

Smile Thank you!!!

Thank you for your well wishes!!!
    At the moment I feel very bloated( as you so before EC). Dont really feel like going to wk today.
    Best of luck to all people out there going through the same thing....I'll keep my fingers crossed for all of us. Remember drink lots of water, don't stress, and keep positive. I have just completed 1 st term of Chi Kung. Chinese yoga...Great for meditating and relaxing and for getting your chi flowing! Hope it helps me.
    Bye for now.
    Natalie P
    1st attempt - ivf/icsi - preganant-then failed after 11 wks
    had D&C
    2nd attempt - ivf/icsi - failed
    3rd attempt - ivf/icsi - failed
    4th attempt - 1st frozen cycle - failed
    5th attempt - ivf/icsi (currently undergoing March 08)???? This could be the one!

NAT025 Guest

Hi All
    I am currently wtih Hollywood Fertility Clinic and have been advised that they wish to implant 2 Blasts. Due to this being my 5th cycle and previously having 1 x day 6 Blast Transfered, 2 x Day 3 transfered and one Blast transfer all ending in a BFN, the embryologist and FS have recommended I transfer 2 Blasts. With my cycles we get good number of eggs but they drop off at day 3. Our last cycle we got 14 eggs and 2 blasts. This cycle we got 13 eggs and only 8 have fertilised correctly. I will await my call to see if they have lived to day 3 and hopefully day 5
    My concern with having 2 transferred was with multiple pregnancy but the embryologist has said the risk would be low due to my history
    I hope this helps

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Nat that's great news for you. Things must have changed with Hollywood since from last I heard about them a few years ago. But don't discount the possibility of a multiple pg even if the embryologist is saying the chances are low - you have to be prepared that there is still a significant chance compared to natural conception.

NAT025 Guest

Thanks Sushee I do think about the possibility with the multiple pregnancy but I don't have much hope that I will get my two blasties from my eggs collected. They collected 13, 8 fertilised and now we wait for the call tomorrow to see how many lasted to day 3. i dont have much hope

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

My last cycle, we got 6 fertilised on Day 1, on day two 3 more started dividing, so 9 altogether, but by day 3 they started to fall away, but we still got 3 blasts by the end.

8 fertilised is a great start. Don't be disheartened.

i'm with Hollywood and they are going to transfer 2 blast next cycle.

NAT025 Guest

Thats Great Bubwishes. I couldnt believe it when Hollywood offered it to me as they have always said they will only ever transfer 1. But due to the amount of cycles I have had and my fertilisation success rate they are willing to transfer two

thanks Nat, i am so excited.... at last i have a smile on my face... we are not going in blind and understand the risks. let us know how you go.

NAT025 Guest

Let us know how you go also Bubwishes. When are you starting your next cycle? Have you also noticed that Hollywood are starting to offer support groups? I went to one last week not many showed as it was the first one but it was a great way of meeting people who are going through the same thing. I mentioned that as i had no one to talk to about this I discovered Belly Belly and it has educated me in so many ways and even given me faith

Wow, I didn't know Hollywood would transfer more than 1, thats good info to have.
    Nat - good to hear they have support groups there as well, it's something that I want to push with my clinic.

nat, i was spewing that i missed that talk... it was about '2 week wait', wasn't it??....
    i'm waiting for my period to arrive after my miscarriage and i've been told that it should arrive in the next couple of day... yippee... then we start.

when is the next talk???

NAT025 Guest

I am so sorry for you mc Bubwishes. The next talk is on 18/4/08 at 4.00 pm and its about telling people or not telling people what you are going through. I went last week and there was only 4 of us. However it was nice to have it small as I feel if there is too many people you dont really get to say as much as you usually would. Are you going to go? The last one was about two week wait but we talked about all sorts of issues. I really enjoyed it!! I even brought my husband and he found it good also even though he was the only male

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12