Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Excited and scared....first IVF cycle

Of course, chat away here.
    I am OK emotions wise (i think!) although the synarel made me feel really bad. Now I have the flu and feel bad anyway, so I can't tell what's causing what at the moment!

Bubbles, if you are worried, give your nurse a call and ask her about it.

Hi Mrs P welcome! I'm finding im going pretty ok wih syneral, not getting any side effects emotion wise. Gee the injections make me feel so bloated! Especially after eating i look like im 3 months pregnant! Called the nurse and she said its normal but if it gets any worse like shortness of breath to call them. Also asked them about the injections she said you are meant to keep them in the fridge, but i kept them in a cool room round the back so she said it should be fine. I'm already onto my second injection pen today!

I was doing some research and read that some women had to inject for 20+ days before their trigger! Far out. I had no idea it could take that long.

I'm trying to camoflague this from work, but if my injections start mid July, I was supposed to go up north for 3-4 nights at the end of July... Hmm don't think that will be happening. But how to get out of it without specifiying... Hmm.

Eek - I hate bloating! I'm still not fully recovered from my laparoscopy last Monday, am still feeling bloated and gross. For someone who hasn't had AF for 2 years, I'd forgotten what bloated was!

did some walking today and found i couldnt really catch my breath at times, like a little bit shortness of breath. Stomach still feels like its going to explode after eating! 3 more days till my bloodtest and scan cant wait!! Is that when they count the follies?

Hi Everyone,

I hope you don't mind me joining in. I have just been reading this thread - I am in the stim phase of my first IVF cycle as well. I am at MIVF Freemasons - I think it was Janie who is also there?
    Bubbles - v excited to see you are on the same timetable as me. I am injecting gonal f at the moment and have my first stim scan this Friday as well. I am also feeling bloated and weird in the abdomen, it's like I constantly feel full, but then I still do get hungry. I have been pretty lucky with synarel, no real issues to note. I have noticed with the gonal f though that I am a bit teary which is not normally me.
    I have an important work presentation on Thursday so I am hoping my abdomen hasn't totally exploded by then!! I have a great boss who I have told I am on IVF so that has eased the pressure as he is really understanding.
    Good luck to everyone,
    Aleenta

hi aleenta! welcome to this thread! im going through a stim ivf cycle with microinjection, are you? I just came back from having a blood test as i called the nurse this morning and told her about the symptoms like bloating and she asked me to come for a blood test and they wanted to check that my eastrogen levels are not too high, so she will call me back this arvo with the results. Cant wait till friday for the scan and bt, hopefully we both have made many eggs!!!!

[QUOTE=Aleenta;1307556]Hi Everyone,

I am at MIVF Freemasons - I think it was Janie who is also there?

Hi Aleenta... yes I am at MIVF at Freemasons in Melbourne. Welcome! I went through my first IVF/ICSI stim cycle last month. Unfortunately for us it was a BFN, but we managed to get 7 extra embryos that we have frozen. So we are in the process of doing an artificial thaw cycle (as I did not get a period after the stim cycle - strange I know!) Have a scan tomorrow to find out if my lining is starting to thicken in readiness for a transfer hopefully next week!

I have found MIVF to be very good. I had been going through OI for a number of months prior to IVF so I was used to injections etc. The difference was obviously the EPU and transfer. The EPU did knock me around for about a week, but not severly, just had swollen ovaries and felt like I had air up under my ribs. After a week this calmed down and I felt normal. The transfer is easy, nothing worse than a smear. You also get to see your embie on a TV screen prior to transfer which is amazing!

GL with your journey... I hope it is a short one.

Janie xxx

just got the call from the nurse and they said i need to go in tomorrow for my scan and bt instead of friday!!! they said my eastrogen levels were a little high. Im sooo nervous!!!

Good luck Bubbles....at least you will know where things are at tomorrow.
    I go in for my scan and blood test on Friday...am excited and anxious to see how things are progressing!
    I too feel really bloated.

good luck possums! cant wait till tomorrow! hopefully there will be some nice big follies in there, since my stomach looks so big!! let me know how you go on friday!

Oh bubbles that's pretty exciting going infor the scan tomorrow. Just remember to have an empty bladder. They do an internal ultrasound. When I had mine, I was given a pen and a piece of paper and got to write down how many folicles I had each side, and the lining of the uterus.

They grow 2mm a day, and aim for the most around 20mm and then they will harvest.. so tomorrow you will have a fair idea when you will be having the EPU. I would arrange to take 2 days off after this, as I could barely stand up straight the second day after.

I am still bloated (and I had my EPU on the 26th may). They put me on crinone which also causes bloating and shortness of breath.

Everyone told me not to expect too much the first time around with IVF, that it may not be successful etc. Everyone is different and that's why some are on the drugs for longer than others.

Mrs P, I found that I cried the entire way through PS I love you, even during the bits that weren't sad - But then I decided that I was just going to feel the emotions and if I felt like crying then I would and if I needed a day or a week off work, then I would just take it and not worry about work - had something else more important to do than worry about work

Good luck girls...

Good luck Possums and Bubbles for Thurs / Fri - lets all hope the bloating is for a good cause! I was a bit concerned but I have been weighing myself and I seem to be OK, haven't put on much. Bubbles - I am not sure what you mean by microinjection? I am on Gonal F, is that the same thing?
    Fingers crossed for you too Janie - hope you are progressing well for transfer next week - thanks for your info, and who knows maybe we will transfer on the same day....
    Here's hoping there's lots of lovely eggs all round!!
    Tarkine - hope your bloating ends soon - and with a good result too.
    Last edited by Aleenta; June 25th, 2008 at 10:31 PM.

just got the call for the results regarding this mornings bt and scan, she said everything looks good, but i have to go back on saturday for another bt and scan arhh!!! those bt hurts so much! hopefully the follicles would have grown more by then!!nurse said that by then they should know when egg collection will be! aleenta, micro is when they inject the sperm into the egg,usually that happens when there are prob with your hubbys sperm.
    Tarkine:the lady didnt get me to write down anything but its ok, i cant really understand it anyway

Hi Bubbles, bad luck another blood test, there not fun at all. I'm in for my scan tomorrow so I'll let you know how I go. So is micro the same as ICSI? We are having ICSI...
    Janie hope your scan went well today, and Possums good luck for yours tomorrow.

hi aleenta, yea im doing ICSI as well!! how are you feeling at the moment? Im feeling sooo bloated, cant really eat too much-trying really hard to eat up on my vegies and fruit. nurse said that my lining was really good, follies are little small, thats why i need to go for another scan on sat. my hubby is becoming a pro at the injections

Aleenta, good luck with your scan tomorrow too. I am quite anxious to know how things are progressing! I really hope things are on track and that Egg collection will be soon.

Bubbles, I have really small veins and find the blood test yuk too, because they hardly ever get my vein first go and have to jab me more than once and dig around. Good luck for your next scan and test.

It's nice being able to share the experience with others.

thanks possums! Good luck for tomorrow let us know how you go!! Yep those blood test have left me marks yuk! feeling so tired all the time now and stomach is uncomfortable, cant wait till the pickup!!

Hi girls
    I was hoping to have started my injections by now but looks like my body isnt so willing. I have been off the Provera a week now and still no period, i wish i could just do something like normal. hubby went in last week and they froze some sperm as they are worried there wont be enough on the day of transfer. We got a letter saying they froze 5 straws....does anyone know what that means, or if its good??? Lets pray things start soon.

Bee83

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast