Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Excited and scared....first IVF cycle

Hi..I don't know what that means, sorry. I can relate to be frustrated when things don't go to plan though. I was upset when I had to delay started my injections by a week...I also thought "why can't at least this just go how it's supposed to!". So good luck with things.

I am just back at work after my blood test and scan. Uterus lining looks good apparently and I have 11-12 promising follicles, which my nurse said she was happy with. One was 18, the others were around 12, 13-16.They still have a bit more growing to do, and I expect to have a second scan/bloods on Monday and then hopefully it will be time for the trigger and egg pick up! I will get my blood results later today. I so hope everything is as it should be.

I look forward to hearing how the rest of you are going too.
    Good luck.

Hey girls,

I am hoping that you have all had better results than me. They have cancelled my cycle as I have way way over stimulated.....50 follicles - no wonder I felt so bloated and uncomfortable. I am also on daily monitoring for 5 days to check it doesn't develop into fully blown OHSS. Not the start I was hoping for. I now have to continue to take the synarel until I get AF and then start all over again with pill, synarel, injections. Next time I will be on half the dosage of gonal f ( I was on 225). Apparently such overstimulation is rare at the dose I had for someone as ancient as me - 37! LOL!!
    I truly hope you all get great results today / tomorrow, and can move into the next stage, I'll be following your progress...

aww..aleenta so sorry about your results, at least now you can look forward to the next cycle and you wont OHSS.
    possums: great to hear on your results, sounds kinda similiar to mine, hopefully your next scan and BT goes well and that you can do the trigger soon! I'm hoping tomorrows scan looks good and hopefully i can do the trigger very soon as well. I'm finding eating small meals helps lower the uncomfortable feeling instead of having big meals, which i have done the past couple of days and i felt like i was going to explode!
    wish me luck for tomorrow!!!!

Aleenta, I am really sorry to hear that and I can feel your dissapointment and upset at this- it must be really tough to take. When you have come so far, to have to start all over again. I was worried about that with my slow start on the synarel, the possibility of stopping and starting all over again was mentioned and did not make me happy. Try and keep your chin up as much as you can. You will get there and next time they'll have the dose right. Sending you all the very best as you go through this rollercoaster ride.
    I am a bit ancient too....I turned 35 yesterday.
    Do take care and try and regroup as best you can. I hope the over stimulation settles down quickly.

Bubbles...yes, my trigger is expected to be on Monday night which is exciting. I am also very nervous about how this cycle will go and excited all at once. Good luck with your next scan. Let us know.

My blood test revealed things are on track.

came back from bt & scan and just got the call from the nurse, she said everything looks really good and im having my trigger tomorrow night!!!! egg pickup is on tuesday!!!! so nervous

my trigger is the pregnyl injection, do you inject on a 90 degree angle like the gonal or 45 degree angle?

Good Luck sweetie you are almost there

Oh that's exciting Bubbles! My Egg collection is expected to be on Wednesday...just a day after you. I'll find out for sure after my next scan on Monday.

Bee.. 5 straws are a good number. I think they hold .25mg of fluid (we went through donor sperm and had only two straws).

Bubbles - inject the same as the other injections. I laid on the bed and got DH to jab me with the needle - it hurt a little more than the gonal-f injections (slightly bigger needle) - but get it in the fat on your tummy (if you have any) and it isnt' too bad - plus if DH does it, you can chat to him about something else and he can just jab you.

Aleenta - sorry honey that your cycle got cancelled. At least they will have a better understanding of your bodies reaction to the drugs

so 90 degree angle? I kept thinking the nurse said a 45 degree angle?
    so nervous!! cannot wait until tuesday!!! Possums are you getting your hubby to do your trigger, my hubby's definately doing it, im too scared!

Bubbles...how'd the trigger go- did you have it last night?

I am just back from my scan...looking good...18 good, big follicles ! Trigger tonight, pick up wednesday. excited and nervous as well. And yes, my hubby will do the trigger for sure.

we did the trigger last night at 11pm!!! We were so nervous and making sure we dont knock over the little glass vials, boy did that one hurt, im still a little bit sore today!!Hubby was a little scared as he said its actual real needle. Feeling really tired today and crampy, also had lots of white discharge yesterday as i stopped the syneral and gonal-f, and felt extremely bloated as well.But its better today. Preparing for the big day tomorrow and im planning to be in bed relaxing and watching dvd's the whole day after the pickup
    good luck possums for your trigger tonight!!
    pick up is tomorrow!!!! I'm sooooo nervous.
    Wish me luck!!

Good luck Bubbles....hope it goes really well. Keep us updated!
    Yes our trigger at 930 pm tonight.
    We have to travel a few hours and stay overnight for egg collection, so will return home after it and then rest up.

good luck girls.. all the best for your big day

good luck with it all gals. EPU isn't too bad in my experience. it is nice to have it over and done with though. wishing you all the best.
    xx

barney Guest

best of luk possums hun are you going to newcastle for your epu?
    just noticed you were from port we are from nambucca heads not far from you and we go to newcastle so if so good luk they are just wonderful

Ah, lovely Nambucca area. Yes, off to Newcastle. Not long now...yay! Trigger very soon now.
    Thanks for the well wishes girls.

barney Guest

oh very good hunny best of luk with your trigger and have a safe trip ,i hope you get some nice eggs

Best of luck Possums and Bubbles, fingers crossed for lots of lovely eggs

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast