Thread: High Progesterone and confused-please help

chel Guest

Default High Progesterone and confused-please help

Hi I am very new to this site, and was wondering if anyone could please help me!

I was diagnosed with PCOS in June this year and my DH and I have been trying to conceive since November last year.

I am on metformin and have just had my first round of clomid. I do the follicle tracking, which indicated I ovulated on the 6th of November, I have now done the 2WW, and had my blood test to see if I was pregnant, unfortunatly it came back negative, howvere my progesterone levels are high, and if I still dont get AF I am to go get blood tests next Wednesday.

Has anyone had high levels before and not being pregnant, and is there a chance that the blood test didnt show it up yet?

I am a little lost at the moment and would appreciate any help.

Thankyou!

Chel

Hi Chel - I too am on clomid and yes I've had high progesterone and not been pregnant. Basically the progesterone level only tells you if you have O'd. If it's high then it means you have O'd a good quality egg or two. It does also give you a higher chance of falling pregnant, but it won't tell you if you are pregnant or not.

However, if you definately know that you O'd over two weeks ago and the BT came back negative and yet you still don't have AF then yes it is possible that you could be pregnant and it isn't showing up yet. I'd be going back for another BT if AF doesn't show.

Best of luck

blizzy Guest

Unfort i was the same, had high prog of over 100 every clomid cycle, and was BFN every time