Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - April 2007

BW, just did a little bit of reading as I was interested to know as well about compacting.
    By Day 4, the cells have divided rapidly but the embryo has not yet increased in size. It is now compacting (you cant distinguish the cells) and is called a morula.
    So, it just seems they are a day behind but they are still progressing so hopefully will be ok tomorrow.
    I'm happy you're feeling better and are now well and truly over the worst of things.

BG, I had the same problem with Elevit when I started. It took about 2 weeks until I started to feel normal again!

Thanks for that, Megan. So there's a real chance those ones that are a day behind will make it to the freezer. I'm still left wondering if 4 blasts in the freezer after a stim cycle is a good number or not. Having all the embies hold on for so long was making me think I'd end up with more. And after DH initially feeling uncomfortable about getting too many, he's feeling a little disappointed with only having 4, too. It all won't matter if only our first FET sticks, then I think we won't care how many are in the freezer at all.

BW

I hope so BW. Sounds like they just need a bit of time to catch up and they will continue compacting and turn into lovely little blasts or you.

I can imagine that you are disappointed with the number frozen, because even though it's still a good number to have, if I put myself in your shoes I would be disappointed with the result. Hold on until tomorrow though, hopefully you will have a couple more!

I also hope that you have a much better experience with thawing than I did. I'm not sure if there are any differences thawing blasts compared to Day 3 embies (which mine were). Think I am going to go off and do some more reading! I feel like I don't know as much as I should about all of this!!

It's amazing what you do end up learning in all this! It's so hard to know where to start looking for information, and it certainly doesn't help that I'm not feeling the best - I find searching for information in this state fairly pointless. Hopefully in the next few days I can get back on the research and reading band wagon. I know my acupuncturist suggested a number that would mean we had done well in terms of numbers, but I just can't remember what it was! I'll have to check with DH. Could you PM me any good links you find, Megan?

BW

i've found that too BW - the only way i can accept the fact that i have no control over what is happening through this whole process is to educate myself as much as possible on what is happening so that at least i KNOW - i'd be such a mess without knowledge cos i'm a control freak big time!!! (although sometimes i think blind faith might be the better was to go....)

It is a bit like trying to find a needle in a hay stack when you start looking for some info. But I will PM you any useful links when I find them.

ETA: BG, Maybe that's why I am happy to start researching again! lol not doing a cycle and having a break has me in a different frame of mind at the moment. It's a nice change to not be obsessing looking for something in the middle of the TWW!

tiggy Guest

Hi girls,
    time for a new thread already!
    You can find it here.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789