Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception #2 April 07

tiggy Guest

Default Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception #2 April 07

Hi girls,

Here's to many BFPs this month! Remember, every new cycle is a chance at achieving your dream...

Your Moderating/Admin team for this forum are as follows
    Sarah_H - [email protected]
    Cailin - [email protected]
    sushee - [email protected]
    tiggy - [email protected]

If you have any issues/problems with this forum feel free to email any of the above moderators who will be happy to assist you. All emails will be treated confidentially.

i know what you mean Megan - when you're not obsesing about what your body is doing, it makes it a little easier to research - although i think when i finaly get to the tww, i might have to find something to research just to distract myself!

Hi Ladies was going to post eariler today but DH was cracking it that the house was like a tip (i will agree with him only this once)

Then in the afternoon i had some physio, got my shoulder strapped then came home and moved some pavers!oops!

I just hate sitting still esp when someone says take it easy! ive been having a lot of trouble with my right hand and have been having pains with it for a few day now.

Im sorry if i havent caught up on all the old post and really am too tired to look back that far so please forgive me and help me get stuck in to it again

Here goes....................

Megan its so nice to see you around, im always thinking of you. when does your cycle start again (are you waiting fot af?)

BW - wooohoo 15 still going strong(apart from the few straggelers that WILL catch up )

Boo - Not long now

BG have you seen Mac lately as he was in the country i think this week, can you believe he didnt send my notes onto the nurse so when i called to start my cycle she said that i couldnt as she has no paperwork!!!!but told me to start the drugs that Mac had said and that he will be back on Tuesday.

Ladies can you pls remind me who is in the TWW at the mo?

hi to allxx

HI Lou

ouchy on the shoulder thing - it's horrible being told not to do something isn't it - it's when you're not allowed to that everything seems to be critical to be done NOW!! i was going to do some gardening/painting today, but had family here all weekend, then when they finally left around 4 (arrived at 4 yesterday), DH told me i wasn't allowed to cos i'd had bugger all sleep and needed to take it easy atm (awwww, he's so sweet looking after me while i'm going through all this AC stuff!). haven't seen Mac since Feb 19 - i don't really have to see him all that much - all my dealings at this stage are with the local clinic (yeah local - it's over 100 km away!). i think he's at the clinic maybe every 3 or 4 weeks, and every 6 weeks he does appointments at the local private hossy (woo hoo, that one's only 30k's).

it's a shocker that your file wasn't forwarded to the clinic nurse - i guess that's the upside of being out here - the nurse has my folder and he has to ask nicely if he can get his hands on it, then hand it straight back heheheh!

Hi Lou - I think Carrie and Smudge are in 2WW atm. Not sure who else. There seem to be a few who are starting/partway through cycles too. So much going on. (Considering it's only the 7th of April & we are already starting our #2 thread)
    BW - i like the sound of that nurse - looking after your file. It sux when note and results go AWOL and you can't do much about it.

Hi Kotar when does your cycle start for you and what are you up to?

Hi Lou, nice to see you around too! I hope your hand feels better soon and you didn't do too much damage moving the pavers!!
    No, no IVF cycle for me for a while! I considered starting again next month (which would be in about 2 weeks) but we are going to wait an extra month as I don't want to be on all the drugs while we are on holiday. So, probably towards the end of May I will start on the pill again. In the mean time I am enjoying the break!

ohh megan, a holiday. Where are you off to i love holidays, have a fab time.

Hi Lou - I am still in the down reg phase. (CD 28 today, but they are stretching it out for 2 more days). It's seriously been the longest 5/6 months of my life. We started in November, but DH's mother tried to O D in December, so he took off to see her so we had to cancel, and then Xmas and NYear and then we had a 2 week holiday planned in Feb, so now finally we are getting somewhere.
    I have to confess, i have been doing the synarel for 5 days now, and i hate not knowing if it's working or not. It's not like taking a painkiller or a cold tablet - you can monitor if it's working or not.
    So - and wait. Isn't that what we are all doing most of the time.

Got my call from the clinic today... think that will be the last one. We didn't get any more in the freezer, which I was initially a little disappointed about. Then she went on to explain that while we did have three more make it to blastocyst stage, one of them lacked the bit that would form the baby and the other two lacked the bit that would form the placenta - so not good! She also went on to explain that normally they would be happy to get one or two blasts per cycle, and that with me hyperstimulating it could have had seriously bad effects on my egg quality... so having 4 blasts is damned good even leaving the hyperstimulation out of the equation! I'm feeling a little better about it in those terms. If they'd frozen them on Wednesday I would have had 12, but they tell me that 8 of them weren't going to make it as they couldn't get to blast. It's all a lot to try to get your head around! I still would have felt a whole heap better if we could have transferred one this cycle, but I do know that there really is no point at all in prolonging the time it would take for me to recover so this really is for the best... Lets just pray those 4 little super embies I have will go on to thaw well, too!

Recovery here is slow... much slower than I'd hoped. I just can't take the gastrolyte that the FS told me to have. I get about three mouthfuls in before I start dry wretching, and I suspect that's the last thing I need on top of everything else. DH will be sent to get more powerade/gatorade and I'll keep guzzling it... and if I gain weight that's not fluid from all the carbs in it, well... I'm sure I'll be able to work it off again by going back to the strict version of the diet the FS had me on before.

I hope everyone is doing well and coping ok with all the snorting, sniffing, injecting, and everything else that is going on. Have a great Easter Sunday, and enjoy the chocolate!

BW

hi BW - so sorry you didn't get any more embies in the freezer, but at least you've received an explanation about WHY - it's so much easier to accept when you have a decent explanation! i have a feeling that those four little embies are nice and strong - they've been through a hell of a lot to get where they are! good luck hun

Jo - i know what you mean about the synarel not being something you can "monitor" yourself - i noticed a few things after a few days - mainly started getting AF-ish type discomfort after about a week, but not much else - i was lucky and didn't get headache, and no really noticable hotflushes - but nothing enough for me to go "yep, i can tell this is working". it's a horrible feeling when you just can't tell yourself if it's working!

as for me - have now been injecting puregon 150 for three days, and tonight i drop to 100 for a few days before initial BT. AF decided not to show up properly (well, not properly by the standards i'm used to anyway!) - had a few days of only slightly more than heavy spotting. haven't really noticed too much change in the way i'm feeling at the moment - thankfully the bulk of the cramping i was getting when AF was trying to show has stopped completely now, and i'm feeling a whole lot more comfy!! the only other thing is that DH thinks my bb's are fuller than they were a few days ago!! i'm not sure i agree, but the bra i have on today is one of those super comfy ones that i live in during the weekend, and it feels a little bit tighter today. hehehe - lucky DH!!

well, easter sunday is going to be nice and quiet for us - we're slowly repainting the trims on the outside of our house, so i think we're going to try to make the most of the nice day we're having...

BW - sorry you didn't get any more frosties. I was really surprised, as the first numbers you gave were amazing - but it sounds like they gave a good understandable explanation. The ones you have got must be fighters though, so that's cool.
    BG - BBs growing - yay i've been waiting all my life to get bigger BBs.
    DH has been on night shift all of easter - so very very quiet here.

Jo - i so wish i felt the same about my bb's being bigger - i'm already a DD - don't need anything more!!!

Well, easter hasn't turned out the way i thought it would. obviously i'm having some side effects from all the meds cos within about 10 minutes of starting to paint i had a massive hot flush - followed by a very nasty hypo that had me almost fall off the step ladder! i so wasn't happy!! i know i'm prone to hypo's, but have been doing really well on the metformin - today was just nasty. so instead of painting (was relegated inside where it was safe by my DH), i've been surfing BB a little, and designing our "****tail menu" for DH's bar! not really what i wanted to do, but at least i'm doing something!!

have been feeling really flat since the hypo - some of it physical, but a lot more emotional - i'm feeling really useless at the moment, and i guess a little lonely. Easter is about family and kids - and i'm noticing today that we don't have that. i know we spent good friday and a lot of yesterday with my brother's family, and had lunch on friday with my folks, but today is easter sunday - and the only reason i even heard from my family was because i rang them this afternoon - i doubt i would have heard otherwise. my brother was saying that my parents went to visit him and his kids this morning, but we don't have kids so didn't even warrant a phone call... isn't it funny how it's the small things that mess with your head so much...?

Hi all, after missing a few days I’ve had a bit to catch up on!
    Sazza: Gee, the trigger shot in the car! Not my idea of fun!! I’ve also always done my own needles, for some reason I don’t trust anyone else to. This cycle I did a GF shot in the car in the dark and then spent the rest of the night stressing that maybe I only “thought” it had gone in! I have always done the trigger in my belly also – the thigh sounds ouchie! Glad to hear that the syneral is going well with not too many side effects.
    BG- That’s good to hear that you are feeling a little more comfy after AF, and that DH is taking good care of you. Do you know when the BT is? Hope those follies are behaving themselves for you and growing well. Sorry to hear you had a bit of a crap day too, it’s awful when you have those flat days.
    Lou- Hope the shoulder is going ok, tsk tsk at moving pavers!! What a pain with your file, goodluck with starting all the drugs again!
    Kotare- Gee, what a long wait you’ve had to get here. It must be a relief to be finally on the road again.
    BW- Sorry you didn’t get the amount of blasts you hoped for hun, but from what the nurse said it sounds like you’ve done fantastically! And I suppose in some way it might be good that the extra strong little ones have been sorted out, rather than if you had have had the others transferred at a day 2 stage, only to have been faced with disappointment due to the issues of no placenta etc – does that make sense? It’s good to know that these four must be extra, extra strong to have made it this far! (I really hope that has come out right – and in the way I meant it to??)
    Hey, what flavour gastrolyte did you try? The pharmacist told me that the blackcurrent was the best of the lost and that the others were awful!
    Megan- Hope you are going well and that you’ve had a great weekend.

Well, I’ve had a really up and down weekend. I wasn’t going to say anything, but on Friday morning I did a HPT, 9 DPO and 7 since transfer, It came back negative and I though, well probably because I tested WAY too early. But I couldn’t help but be disappointed, though still hoping and praying that it was just cos my HCG levels hadn’t yet risen. I suppose only time will tell. Then Saturday was awful. I just felt awful all day and cried at the drop of a hat. So had massive cry sessions in the bedroom, which DH was not sympathetic at all about. He really doesn’t cope well when I’m hormonally grumpy, teary and snappy. Which I was annoyed at, as I think I’ve done really well up to now. Anyway, today was much better. Started off at church which always helps to make me feel a bit more refreshed, then had lunch at mum’s with my sister’s family, took the kids to the park and had dinner there. So now feeling good. So hopefully this will be a good week and that Friday will bring good news

Carrie, it didn't come across the wrong way at all! That's pretty much how the scientist explained it to us - we've weeded out the ones that wouldn't make it and would have caused more heartbreak in the end. I do hope the BFN was just because it was way too early and that you get a good result with your blood test on Friday.

I think it's cute that DH emailed his parents today about our "4 very cold children", he's been an absolute angel through all of this, especially with me being so sick now. I tried orange gastrolyte and fruit flavoured gastrolyte, and for now I've given up and will be sticking with the gatorade and powerade. DH has switched me to gatorade as it has less carbs.

Apart from the bloating I'm really starting to feel much more normal. I'm still getting very tired very quickly, but it would be so much easier to cope with if I didn't have the enormous belly making movement and breathing difficult and painful. I wish I could make it go down faster! Also feeling bleh as I've missed church completely two weeks in a row just through feeling awful with the OHSS. Hopefully I'll be able to make some contact with other human beings tomorrow... even if just for a little while. I think the reason I'm chattering here so much is just because of the lack of contact with other people (aside from DH) for so long!

BW

LOL BW at your DH telling his parents about cold kiddies - very cute!! it's good that he's taking such good care of you ATM. you mentioned not coping with the gastrolyte - have you tried the gastrolyte icy poles - ws looking at them myself recently - figure with the drink, i'll turn my nose up, with the icy pole, i'll want to get it gone cos otherwise it will melt and i'll have to drink it - yukko!!! can't stand those drinks!

Carrie - sorry to hear about your BFN - i'm really hoping it was just too early for HPT to read a result and that you'll get better news this week. hoping your feeling a bit better after your bad day yesterday.

as for me - time to crash for the night - feeling very sore and ordinary at the moment - think it's still part of the problems i've been having the past few weeks - finally weaned myself to absollutely no pain killers for the mouth op, and now i'm needing them for something else - going to bed to see if i can sleep through it!

female1973 Guest

HI all,
    I am about to start IVF next cycle and just gone through the counselling - I was surprised by the whole procedure - Injections, nasal spray ,so very mechanical . Im very excited that hopefully soon to be pregnant - but can you lovely ladies please let me know what side effects I willl have etc - I just want to be prepared - TA

Oh Carrie, it must have been so tempting to do the HPT. I've never been there myself, but i think when i do get to that point i'll have to tie my hands behind my back not to do an early one. Hopefully you just did it too early

Female73 - hopefully one of your side effects will be a BFP
    I'm sure your FS or nurse has explained the standard side effects. I have been lucky so far - no Synarel headaches (and i am a chronic migraine sufferer ). I got a bit funny on the pill but not too bad really. Not started injections yet, but personally i don't care - as long as i don't get OHSS, then i'm prepared for anything.
    Good luck with your journey.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast