Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - Feb 2007 #2

Sammi Jane Guest

Good luck today Megan, I'm praying for good news for you!

Loula - how exciting - a puppy (maybe two?!). They're so wonderful - that unconditional love.

BW - glad your headaches have gone. Hope you have a good weekend with it.

Summer - GL with your FS today.

BG - I hope you ovulate & catch that little egg!

Hi to everyone else - it's so busy in here!!! I hope the 2ww'ers are doing ok.

I've got my appointment today so will be starting syranel or lucrin today... feeling very strange about it... nervous, scared to be excited, worried about how many times I'll have to go through this before I'm pg, disbelief that I'm actually at this point...very mixed emotions.

Morning ladies!
    Just popping in to say Good luck for all of you with those special Friday tests, appointments, treatments, anniversaries, birthdays,new furbabies arriving...!!!
    BG.How great for you to still have that oportunity this month... maybe you only needed that little kickstart to get the ball rolling all by yourself? Good luck and happy BD.
    BWHave a lovely weekend, you sure deserve it. I hope you feel all better really soon too. Nasty ole flo!!!
    Sammi and SummerHope all goes well with your appointments today. Good luck to you both.
    BGHope all goes well with the dental surgeon. Hope you dont have to have too much done!! and big hugs for monday of course too. What a big stressful day you will have! Two big hurdles to overcome on the one day. Good luck sweetie, and keep your chin up.
    JO, hope youre still ok and auntie is staying away from you...good luck.
    Sorry if Ive forgotten people, there are so many in here and I'm having trouble keeping up . hopefully I will know you all better really soon so I dont leave anyone else out again!
    Good luck today everyone!!!

Red face

Whoops!!! hehehe sorry about the colour up there!!! guess I wont be posting "quick reply" again. hehehehehe. You were all supposed to have pink names, not be all pink. sorry, got carried away with my feminine side, anyhow I'm sure you all appreciate the effort! lol

Hi there guys!

Although im new to this thread I just wanted to say a big CONGRATS to all you ladies who have finally got a What a relief and joy it must be for you! And it sure gives all of us hope that good things can happen!!!!!

I went for my first BT and Scan after being on synarel for 12 days! I have to say that after telling you that I didnt have side effects on synarel Im starting to have a few night sweats and I swear I putting on weight (or maybe Im just feeling fat) Anyway they have put me on puregon 250. When I had my two IUI's I was put on 75 gonal F but had a little nausea so they've put me on puregon. Is anyone else out there on puregon? I think that 250 seems like alot! what amounts is everyone else taking?

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Kim I was on 200iu of puregon for my last 2 cycles of IVF and while I didn't loads more eggs than when I was on 100iu, they were more evenly matured. They probably have an idea of how well you respond already to the FSH so have started you on a dose to suit.

Megan GL hun for you repeat beta today!

Hope everyone else is keeping well!

I can't believe it's only 10.30. Four more hours of waiting. I feel like I am going out of my mind!! lol
    I've had some on and off cramping this morning that doesn't feel too positive.
    I'm considering seeing the counsellor at Monash IVF just to debrief. I think it might be good for me. In Vic you have to have a compulsory session before you start treatment for the first time, and honestly I wasn't too keen on her when we saw her for that. She was very in your face and nothing like I imagined. Just tossing up whether I should give her another go.

How are you keeping Megan? This wait is a long one, I know. I am crossing so many fingers and toes for you, it's not funny!

Summer - good luck for your appointment today. Hope it all goes well for you - you deserve a break (as do all the ladies in here!). Megan, I hope the news is good!

Hey! I posted jhere a few hours ago and that post appears to be GONE! Wonder what happened???

Anyway was to wish Megan good luck for today

and to say to Kim, that I put on weight with each IVF cycle (especially full stim) usually 3-5kgs! Now around half of that I lose very quickly after, but unfortunately some of it has stuck around for me! So it is possible that you have put on a little weight, but much of it can be fluid...

Thanks Keen

Kim, the same as Keen I put on about 4kgs with my stim cycle. I lost 2 of it within about 3 weeks (didn't really have to try) and haven't lost a thing since. Thankfully with the FET I didn't put on any.

Megan - not long to go now, my fingers are still crossed for you.

BG - hope your visit to the surgeon goes well.

Summer - Thinking of you, hope your keeping cool - it's going to be a stinker here the next few days.

Loula - how exciting about your new furbabies, what breed are they?

BW - sorry for the constant silly questions (i did warn you though lol). Hope you have minimal side effects from the injections.

Sammi - I can understand you having mixed emotions, i've had those same feelings. Now i just can't wait to get everything started! Goodluck today to you also.

Sazza, Keen & Kim - how are you going?

Hi to anyone i may have missed.

Nothing exciting happening here, I've been having these strange pains near my right ovary for about three days now - really starting to annoy me. I'm so over this hot weather its 38 today and our air-con at work broke down I can't wait to get home, it's going to be 40 on both Saturday and Sunday so i think our air con will be running overtime!

dream bub Guest

HI Girls,

I weakened and did an HPT this morningn and got a BFN .

Might it be too early to detect HCG?? I am 9 days post transfer of 5 days blasts. I seriously thought it had worked this time, so I am feeling a bit shell shocked.
    There are so many websites on this and many have difefrent details on implantation and first signs of HCG. I really cant understand why , if HCG is detectable how my clinic would not have me in for my scheduled BT for anothe 5 1/2 days - do they like to just keep you in suspense (agony!_ unnecessarily??. Do blasts implant a little later and give off HCG later ?????

Sorry so many questions......

DB,

pgs from blast transfers do tend to have lower HCGs, I have read. I can't tell you why your clinic wants you in for a BT so late, but it may be that they want to make sure you get a nice high HCG reading if you are pg.

Can you ask your clinic for an earlier BT?

dream bub Guest

Thanks Sushee - I hoped you'd be around to respond.
    I can push for Monday instead of Wedensday althought they will probably be apprehensive.
    Wednesday will be 14 days from implantation - it seems as thought many girls are gettingt their BT's, 14 days from pick up?????? My BT would be 19 days from EPU.

TO be honest I think I have already resigned myself to a BFN

DB,

as long as AF hasn't shown, you're in with a chamce. I have known many who had a -ve hpt the same day they got a +ve bt. So hang in there, matey.

Alex Guest

Hi everyone,

I've not been around for a couple of days and there's so much to catch up on.

Megan - I hope it went well today and you got the result you deserve - and lots of

SS - How did your appointment go? I hope it was positive and you had all of your questions answered. Don't feel bad about posting bad news, that's what we're all here for, to support each other through the good times and the bad. God knows, we're all on a roller coaster ride that we didn't sign up for! My DH also has a morphology and low count problem, we've been through 2 full stimulated cycles of IVF using ICSI, and are going to start our next one at the end of March - hopefully (we're waiting on results (26th March) of genetic testing - I know it is shattering when you first get the news, none of us expect something to be wrong, I'm sure that we all go into TTC thinking that we'll have a winter baby, or a summer baby, think about the various birthday parties we'll throw for our kids and day dream about family life. It absolutely crashes into our worlds when we find this isn't the case. It is a lot of money, but you do get a lot of it back on Medicare. Hang on in there, it's scary, but you're definately in the right place for understanding and support.

BW, Holly, Keen - Our FS also only likes to transfer 1 embie, however, as we've had 5 failed transfers, and 2 cancelled cycles, he has now said that if we want to transfer 2, he'll agree to it. If you want 2 transferred, it's your body, and you should push for it. However, we've decided to stick with transferring one because there is a small risk of the embie dividing into twins anyway, and also apparently the pregnancy is harder on the mum if she's carrying twins and there's a higher risk of miscarriage. Because I have Hashimoto's Hypothyroidism I already have a higher risk of miscarriage, so we decided not to make the odds any worse.

BW - I'm glad you're feeling better. Enjoy the weekend!

Synarel - I asked to change to lucrin injections for my 2nd full stim cycle as I didn't like the synarel taste, or the feeling of it sliding down the back of my throat. The injections aren't too bad, they only hurt a couple of times, I found it suited me better than the spray.

Keen - GL, keep up that positive energy!

Jo - oh no, the blasted AF. She is a nightmare. Try and hang on in there until your BT, I know it is easier said than done, but you never know. It's happened to me twice when I didn't get AF but my BT was stil -ve, so even the spotting isn't a clear indication of what's really happening.

Willow - I'm so glad that you got into the OB that you wanted. I've heard of ridiculous waiting lists and not being able to get an appt, so that's great news! It really is happening!

Sushee - I read your story, it's amazing! So inspirational! The whole dealing with family is so hard. I don't think they'll ever understand.

Loula - I am so jealous! Puppies! Yay! I love animals but we live in a unit so we can't have any. It's really hard for me as I was brought up in the country and we had dogs and a cat, and all sorts of slimey creatures in the pond! DH is allergic to cats, I am desperate for one! A little burmese would be excellent. Anyway, DH has promised that if we ever move into a house, he'll try treatment to over come his allergy. He's fine with dogs though.

I am so sorry for missing others out - I can't keep up! I'm sending to everyone in the TWW

Finally - a lunch sounds fantastic. I would love to get together with everyone.

Take care, and I'll be back at the weekend to check on any new posts so I don't get left behind again!

Sadly, my levels have dropped considerably and it's all over. I now just have to wait for AF to arrive which I have a feeling is not going to be pleasant.
    My nurse was wonderful when I spoke to her this afternoon and was so disappointed for me...but pointed out the positives for me. Last cycle my first BT my HCG was 18 and then dropped to 1 a few days later. This time they were higher, but we still didn't quite make it but we ARE getting closer. My FS in on hols for the next 6 weeks and I can't see him until 27th March but she told me as I still have 2 frozen embies left she will organise my next FET for me. No need to wait for him to come back. So, I'm happy about that. We want to give it one more go straight away, and if this doesn't work, we'll have a break for a few months before going ahead with our next stim cycle.
    I feel better that I have a plan. I got the call about half an hour before DH came home, had a cry and had a plan worked out before he walked in the door. Have to get on with things if we are to have a baby this year!

Oh Megan sweetie, I am so sorry. Big :hugs:

You are sounding so positive though, good on you!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast