Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - Feb 2007 #2

MelBel Hope those headaches have gone, are you allowed to take any painkillers while on it?
    Loula Donít be sorry, im the queen of hissy fits when the pizza shop had messed up my orders considering we donít live close by anymore. Ive been started on 1 tablet once a day for about a week, then told to increase as much as I can tolerate to one tablet, 3 times a day. How did others increase their doses? I didnít write anything down in the appointment as I was feeling really relaxed with this guy. He came across really laid back and just what I needed. Other wise I would have written it down. Plus when he asked me what I knew about things, DH pipes up, of she had bought every book you can find ROFL. I felt like I was getting quizzed on things but in a nice way too.
    DJTTC I hope the cramping has gone for now and your feeling better
    Alex BB has been fantastic for support and got me through the past year already
    BW I have no idea if these are extended release ones
    Keen Not long to go till your cycle either, just noticed your ticker
    Dream Bub So far so good on Metformin. I think sometimes anything is worth a try.
    Shannon I hear you on the saving money front. I thought this year with new things I had actually in a positive moment went through all the baby things I would want and have a saving account for it, although now things are looking towards having to save for IVF/ICSI. As for injections, DH has panicked at that thought then playfully practiced on me! That didnít go down well at all.
    Kim I asked DH about the book and he said eh wouldnít read it, maybe I need to make a fake dust cover jacket for it with something to do with sport and slip it on top for him to read it! Donít know whether I will buy it. Im reading a book called Infertility, why me? Cant remember the author right now but found it great and this was before we knew this is probably the path we would be heading down.

YAHH im up to date with personals. better get back to doing some things for work

I know this is a TMI question, but I cant get in touch with the nurses till tommorrow morning and Im a little concerned. Ive been on synarel for 12 days now and I had my regular 28 day period last sunday that finished on Wed. Tonight however I started bleeding again???? Not heavily but it its very red and very there! Did anyone experience this while on synarel as Im very worried!!!!!

OMG - so much happens when you turn your computer off for a weekend! Hi everyone - hope you all had a reasonably good weekend.

Summer - so glad your FS appointment went so well on Friday - sounds like he has a fair idea of the game plan for you which is really positive for you

Jo - that darn AF can be so annoying sometimes! hopefull the clomis will be doing it's thing properly for you this time round.

DB - so sorry about your BFN this weekend - all my fingers and toes are crossed for your BT tomorrow

Lou - i'm so on the same page with the not being social thing - i have become something of a hermit lately - and so many people don't get it! it's not like i want to be explaining why i feel uncomfy around people, or why i sometimes just want to spend an early night curled up in bed, cos i'm too damn depressed to go out or be around people. i really don't want my sadness and lack of enthusiasm to be a downer for anyone else - and i'm sooooooooo over people telling me it won't have an effect when i know damn well that it does! And congrats on the furbabies arriving - i can completely relate to having two babies to care for each other while you're at work - we have two big dogs, two little dogs and two kittens - and each couple keeps themselves occupied while we're at work! i wouldn't have it any other way

BW and Kim.b - good luck with starting your injections this week - they're not too bad at all really - i was doing mine myself, and no drama's at all - only had one bruise for the whole 10 days - and i think that was because DH bumped into me accidentally as i was injecting, so the needle moved a bit. other than that, it was a walk in the park!

Kim - i was told that synarel should cause a bleed after a period of time as it reduces the hormone levels in your system - and seeing you're not far into a natural cycle, it's probable that your hormone levels would be pretty easy to reduce. i know that i read all the stuff in the flyer with the synarel - and it was outlining the possibility of the break through bleed and everything. HTH

Mel - good luck for the wedding next weekend - this week will FLY for you (i remember the week before our wedding last year was gone in a flash!) - i hope you have a fabulous day.

as for me - well i had a good weekend away, considering everything that's been happening. we had a relaxing night away at Lakes Entrance for our first wedding anniversary. we ate dinner on the balcony of our room, then kicked back in the spa watching TV which was so relaxing - only bad thing was that i don't sleep well in any bed other than my own (even when i take my pillow) and kept waking up every half hour or so. a couple of times i woke up with a start thinking i'd missed my nan's funeral, and ended up in tears. i have no idea what was going on with me, but i guess there was just a lot playing on my mind. i'm glad we'd booked the weekend away before Nan passed away otherwise we wouldn't have done anything special and would have regretted it later. Plus Nan would have gone crook at us too!! DH was wonderful - he had bought me an anniversary present and gave it to me while we were away - actually he bought two - a diamond anniversary ring that i knew about (he took me shopping to make sure it fit with my engagement/wedding ring as they're unusually shaped) - and an emerald and diamond ring that he'd gotteni in secret - just in case the anniversary ring wasn't back from the jeweller resizing it in time! how sweet!!!

tomorrow is going to be a big, and very emotional, day for us. we have nan's funeral in the morning, and i'm dreading it - there has already been heated exchanges between some of the family about the breakdown of her estate - and i am so stressed something is going to happen tomorrow. my dad is under threat that i'll clip him behind the ear (or get DH to do it - he kinda dwarfs my dad!) if he misbehaves - and i have no issue doing the same to my aunt if she starts something (i'm not a violent person by nature, but if anyone disrespects my nan tomorrow, i'll find the strenght to put them in my place - there are a few advantages to being almost 6 foot tall and a bigger lady - all you need to do is threaten and pip-squeaks will back down! i won't stand for anyone turning what should be a celebration of nan's life into a *****-fight over things like her jewellery and her lawn bowls!). after nan's funeral we have to drive another hour or so to the FS appointment - and hopefully he'll have some idea of where we should be going with treatment after my dental surgery. i really hope he has a great game plan cos i'm likely to burst into tears if her doesn't!!!

Lou, I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you as test date rolls around

Summer, instructions for you to remember later - paracetamol and codeine are fine to take when on an IVF cycle, and while you are pregnant. I was taking enough panadeine to make myself constipated for the first week of the synarel, but everything since has been pretty ok. Feel free to talk to me any time about increasing metformin dosages - I've got so used to juggling doses of different meds over the years! Generally, if you increase by one tablet per day when you are free of side effects, everything should be ok. It seems to be something your body does get used to in time, so it won't be bad forever (although, I do have to admit that I was pretty lucky as I didn't get many metformin side effects). Anyway, you know what I'm like with talking about stuff - pretty much everything will be here so you'll know pretty much every step of an IVF/ICSI cycle before you get to doing your own.

Kim, I didn't really have the same thing, but I did have an AF which was heavy for 2 days, then eased off and on the third day had pretty much dried up to just some brown gunk, and then on the fourth day it got heavyish again, and has finally ended on day 7 (YAY!). I know it's horrible, but the FS told me that while bleeding will make me freak out, it really doesn't mean much or bother their side of things at all. And yes, I did want to thump him when he said that after the issues I had with the breakthrough bleed on the pill! I just thought it was AF being contrary and not really wanting to let go, but I guess now that it was to do with the synarel.

BG, I'm glad you enjoyed your weekend away as much as you could. Sometimes a short break away from normal life is very refreshing and just what you need, even if you don't think you'll enjoy it at the time. I hope your relatives behave tomorrow and the FS has some positive answers for you. Will be thinking of you

DJ, how are you holding up today?

Me... I had another one of those "holy crap!" moments today. Our church is organising to send a small team to a church in the country and try to help them out with their worship teams and just generally encourage them. My DH is the sound guy here so he's involved in the trip, which I'd very successfully forgotten about after figuring that it was late enough that it wasn't likely to have DH away while I'm going in for EPU. I found out tonight that the person organising the trip has been assuming that I'd be tagging along with DH. The trip is on the weekend of the 17th and 18th of March. Count along 10 days from today, then two weeks from then and where do we get to? Add in a couple of extra days if the puregon dose needs to be fiddled with, plus the day between trigger and EPU and where do we end up? Yep... That weekend could very well be the one where I find out if it's a BFP or BFN for us. I'm not sure I'd be wanting to go if I just got AF (but I also probably wouldn't be wanting to stay home by myself), and I'm also convinced that a 6am start and a 5 hour drive is probably a bad thing in the early stages of pregnancy... I'm really stuck with what to do! But I do know that if things get delayed even further and I'm still on crinone pessaries, then I'm definitely not going!

Meanwhile, we're preparing for what is shaping up to be a 5am start tomorrow to get ready for work and then go to the clinic and then race back to work... I think it's a blood test and injection lessons for tomorrow morning - it's all just a little bit daunting! The good news is that I've figured out how to juggle the synarel time with being at church, and I even managed to take it while driving the other night. I think I should warn my clinic that when they say something has to be taken exactly 12 hours apart that this is what happens - the perils of being a maths teacher! Approximate isn't good enough, I must have the exact amount/time/weight/whatever. Crazy, I know.

Desperately trying not to freak out too much here. I've stayed surprisingly calm, but I can feel a rising sense of panic/excitement/terror bubbling up, so I think I should go take my tablets and stuff and head off to bed to get as much sleep as possible - it's going to be a long day tomorrow... and it's staff meetings at work tomorrow after school so I'll be home really late, too. Don't panic if you don't hear from me until ridiculously late.

BW

again, good luck tomorrow BW - will be thinking about you.

just as a little aside - if they give you the drugs in the morning for the injections, they'll need to be kept cool all day - we were given a cooler bag and ice block - but with the heat at the moment - do you have somewhere you can store them at work? i know you're concenred about the number of people that know about your treatment...

was just athought that came to mind when i read about you going to clinic before work....

it actually reminded me that i need to take mine back to the clinic tomorrow arvo - and need to find a way to keep them cool in the car on a 35 degree day - for 8 or more hours!! bugger

nite nite - good luck tomorrow!

BG, already got it covered. I live only 10 minutes from work, and I've organised for my first period class to be covered, even though I should be able to make it back on time. That gives me extra time to come home and stick stuff in the fridge before heading back to work. And if we're running really late, I'll get DH to take them with him and store it in his fridge at work, as I don't care if those people know - I've never met them! There's no way on this earth would I put that sort of thing in the fridge at work - too many nosey people, too many gossips.

I'm told we'll be away from the clinic at 7:30, even if the drive back takes the full hour, second period when I'll have to start teaching doesn't start until 9:25, so there's heaps of time there.

BW

excellent! we weren't really given the heads up, so not much we could do - especially considering i had another appointment that morning, and home is an hour round trip from the FS office if he's at the local hospital on his six-weekly visit (about 3 hours at his normal clinic!) - and none of my friends in town were around for me to use thir fridge for a couple of hours! we were supposed to go to another appointment about three hours later so were just gonna go shopping in between - ended up postponing that one til another day so we could get home - we have a small 4WD - so not even a cooler boot space to store them in!

glad you were given warning so you could plan around it. good luck.

hehe... this is why I love belly belly so much! The clinic didn't warn me, I'd picked it up from people here.

I really need to get to bed... it's an insanely early start tomorrow.

BW

Well... That was all just a little underwhelming, really.

The pen looks way less scary than I imagined, I've had my blood test (they'll call me with results later this afternoon), and I can't start injections until tomorrow. Something about not have a theatre spot on Thursdays for EPU. Although I am left wondering why the protocol says 10 days of injections when they tell me that it's usually 11-13 days of injections anyway. And unless I count differently, I can't see Thursday fitting anywhere, whether it be 10 days or 13 days or if I start today or tomorrow. Yes, I'm officially confused. They say my next blood test will be Sunday, and estimate of EPU date is 6th of March.

The good news is that I've had time to stop at home and throw some cereal down my throat before going to work.

BW

Sammi Jane Guest

wow, i've been away from my computer all weekend and so much has happened... I'm not sure I can remember everything.

Megan, I am so sorry about your bad news. My heart goes out to you. It's incredible how many times we can pick ourselves up and keep going. You are a very strong woman! I hope it's 3rd time lucky!

BW & Mel, I'm about a week behind you - I started syranel on Friday and I'm booked in for my next bt next Tuesday. I've been feeling very average from it - tired, funny in the tummy and headaches. I'm hoping it will settle down. GL today & tomorrow for you guys.

BG - what a lucky girl - your anniversary presies sound beautiful - how spoilt are you?! That's lovely. GL with today, we will be thinking of you.

Loula - I bet you're enjoying your new puppies, they're so wonderful. Apparently dog owners are less stressed than non dog owners! GL with the HPT & bt. I hope it's good news for you. And I'm also with you on the social thing. I've been anti-social for about the last year...it's just so hard to smile and pretend to be happy. I just can't do it. And I feel like I've got nothing to say except depressing stuff that I don't want to talk about anyway. I don't want to bring everyone down so I think it's best if I just stay away.

Shannon - welcome. GL with starting the injections, it's all ahead of me...

DJ - I'm sorry AF arrived. I hope this cycle works for you!!

Not much to report from me... started Syranel on Friday so early days yet... it's all ahead of me. It feels like it's going to take forever, but I'm sure it will fly by.

Sam

Well....you are right BW....it is a tad underwhelming. I was expecting to feel somehow different taking the gonal f but after my first shot last night....nothing. I expect my ovaries are now in super speed grow mood and I am sure I will be feeling it by the end of the week but at the moment it all seems like a bit of anti climax emotionally....I was sure I would feel at least a rush of adrenalin or anticipation or something....nup.

I am glad I have the wedding taking all most of my head space though...I can imagine it would do me in if all I had to think about was IVF. Now I am off to the city to have some acunpuncture and then have all my bits waxed off.....My doc is going to be so peased when he does my scan on Friday.......hehhehehe....poor Geoff can't take advantage of it....PMSL!!!! Fancy getting married and not being able to consumate it!!!

Hey all, just sticking my nose in and reading what is going on and finding out what I'll probably be going through, will fully join in when we've got a start date for treatment. We're doing IVF/ICSI because DH had the snip nearly 5 years ago and our FS advised is that for all the pain for DH, the chance it not working & then if it does having to have it redone in the future, going down the ICSI path would be better. I don't mind, at least we can start to plan when (and I've not had to be on BC since he moved in - which is nice since I was on the pill from the age of 14).

Fingers cross for all of you that you get your BFPs soon!
    Last edited by AngelPunks; February 19th, 2007 at 02:11 PM.

lol Mel with the waxing !!!! Your Doc will think you have gone to so much trouble for him.lol And best of luck for the coming week. Dont stress too much, all that matters is that you get married, all the other stuff is just a nice addition.
    Megan, I'm so, so sorry lovie. I know you feel just terrible but the plan of attack is sure to give you something to strive for instead of dwelling on the dissapointment. Although allow yourself to wallow a little, as it IS a major loss.
    Jo, Very sorry for you too about AF but wait till the BT before feeling too devastated. Keep you hopes up sweet.
    Summer, Great news on the appt. sounds like you are in for the same treatment and reasons as us!! The waiting around for test results is such a nightmare isnt it?
    BG, so glad that you enjoyed the weekend away, you lucky thing. You really got spoiled with those gifts didnt you! Keep your chin up today, with the funeral and try not to let your rellies spoil the memory for you. Nan is the important one today, not all the selfish ninnies carrying on about everything else. I had stuff like that happen with my GD funeral and I try not to remember those bits.
    BW, wow you have something to think about with the church trip, dont you! Not sure what I would do and of course its so hard to know what day will be what even this close. You probably want to be wityh DHeither way but going away with all those other ppl might be a bit of a strain.... hmmm, Im sure you will figure out the best thing for you.
    Loula, hope Harvey is taking your mind off everything. Nothing like a puppy to put a smile on your face!! I'm in love with my 2 dogs and cat. So good for stress relief.
    Hi to everyone else, sorry if Ive forgotten anything really important, its totally not intentional, just that there has been a lot going on in here lately!!

Lou - will be wishing you all the best for when you test!

Kim - sorry I can't help with this one, hope you are ok.

Bg - so glad that you had a wonderful weekend away, my thoughts are with you today with your Nan's funeral.

Bw - I know what you mean about when things come up & your frantically trying to work out what stage in your cycle your going to be at.
    I have been putting things off for nearly two years now 'just in case' & I'm starting to think I'm crazy, but I just know the one time I go out & have drinks or whatever I'm sure I would be pg & then I would worry about it for the next 9 months.
    We have a wedding coming up in 3 weeks & I will be in the 2ww so I wont be drinking & I can just imagine eveyone asking me why I'm not drinking & then they'll go 'are you pg' & then I'll feel like crap, happens all the time.

Sam - hang in there, it always feels like for ever.

Mel - not long now! How exciting.

Megan - how are you doing hun?

As for me nearly finished AF & chlomid tablets, will be starting b/t this Saturday in preparation for our next IUI.

Jo -27
    DH -33
    TTC #1 since June 2005
    First chlomid / IUI Jan/Feb 2007 - BFN
    this will be the year!

Well... the clinic said they'd call back between 1:30 and 2 with the results of my blood test and further instructions. My first clue that something was wrong was the fact that I didn't hear from them until 2:45.

My hormone levels are still too high, and now I need to go in to have an internal ultrasound scan tomorrow morning to try to find out what's going on.

Why can't anything ever be easy? I'm consoling myself with a toasted hot cross bun with lots of butter - bad BW!

BW

Sammi Jane Guest

Oh BW, I'm sorry to hear that. What a bugger.... hopefully it will be a short delay and you'll be back on track.

GL in the morning. I hope it's a simple fix of the problem.

Enjoy your toasted hot cross bun - yum, now I feel hungry!!!

Sam

Thanks, Sam. I'm so disappointed that things aren't going smoothly. I've been absolutely anal about taking the synarel on time, and I've never sneezed for ages afterwards, I just can't think why it's not working!

I've ended up being off work unexpectedly for the whole day tomorrow - I have an appointment with my rheumy in the afternoon. Trying to look on the bright side here!

Not working... dammit, I think I'll have another bun...

BW

Sammi Jane Guest

Yeah, I can understand your disappointment. I keep telling myself that so many things can go wrong and we might not even end up doing the cycle, but if something actually happens I'll be devestated. It's so hard as it is, without things going wrong.

At least you've got an appointment tomorrow AM so you'll find out more then. I'm sure they'll be able to get you back on track.

Fingers crossed for you.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast