Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - Feb 2007 #2

Sorry to hear about your hormone levels BW! I was just saying to DH last night when I spotted, and I started crying- I just want everything to go OK- I mean PERFECT! I dont want to look back and say 'well this didnt work, and this didnt work' etc etc

I phoned the nurse today about my sudden spotting (this is five days after AF stopped) it only lasted 1/2 hour- and although she said it was common...she had a slight aprrehension in her voice! She asked me- get this- if id CUT MYSELF DOWN THERE! WHAT?????????? I mean seriously, yeh I nicked myself internally with a razor- GET REAL! and if id have sex recently (well no) and then said that its all OK and that she'll tell the doc and get back to me! But if its all OK then why is she needing to get back to me???? Why can't people just be honest, I dont like the game playing when it comes to IVF! Just tell me straight!

BW Are you still getting headaches- I am, I think its because Ive been on panedeine for a week straight that by brain is getting a panedeine withdrawrel headache that I need to feed!

By the way BW I went and bought myself a picnic bar last night too console myself!
    God- this is hard!!! And Im sick of seeing preg bellies at the supermarket- last week I counted 8 in the one hit!

I hope tomorrow brings you some answers (good ones) BW
    Everything is crossed for you.

Sorry for the short reply, ive spent the day with no air conditioning and feeling quite ill, and still a bit off now that im home.

Sorry BW, that things arent going smoothly for you! Try not to stress too much ( hot cross buns will definately help with that lol) Hope tomorrow gives you all the answers you hope for.
    Summer, bummer that you feel so crook. and big bummer about the air con. you poor dear!!Hope you get some respite overnight.
    Kim, omg the nurse and the cut... what the???? what on earth does she think you are doing?????? as for the headaches, apparently if you take panadiene for too long it actually causes headaches ( get that!!!) so there is no solution, got a headache, takeit and get a headache from it? maybe can you try asprin or somethingelse?

Kim, I'm still getting slight headaches, but nothing that has driven me to take panadeine or even panadol for a while. Make a huge effort to drink heaps of water and things do get better - don't drink it all in one hit, though. I keep a bottle with me all day and sip constantly, and it's very easy for me to get through a 600mL bottle twice in a day without thinking about it too much and without feeling like I'm sloshing from all the water I've drunk. Those are very weird questions to be asking, though. Perhaps if you are getting withdrawal headaches from the codeine, try switching back to straight paracetamol. I've had to take quite a lot of panadeine over the years, and I've never had a withdrawal headache from them, but that's not to say it can't happen.

Summer, I hope you recover quickly. I'm going to give you the same advice as Kim - drink lots of water! Sip slowly and you'll feel heaps better soon.

sazzafrazz, aspirin isn't on the allowed list of drugs to take for pain relief. Judging from my doctor's response to the naprosyn, that would also rule out ibuprofen too. It's so damned difficult! I'm now too scared to take anything for my hayfever as I keep forgetting to ask what's ok and what's not.

Two hot cross buns and I'm starting to feel a lot better. Unfortunately, it's making the carb-craving monster within stir a bit, and I think I should stop before I go too far. The cure for everything - water! - will certainly help out there, too.

BW

Pity work doesnt consider it a high priority to be fixed, at least I know that i will have air con tomorrow in the other classroom.

Im willing to share my Vita Wheats with your BW, not exciting but definatly filling the belly.

Yeah, BW, I was wondering about asprin being not allowed, just not sure what is?
    I know a lot of my headaches are from not enough water so you may be right about that. I find I have to drink at least 2litres a day (plus more with excersise).
    Summer, yay for aircon tomorrow!!!
    Well , I'm off to play squash. wish me luck

BW - sorry you're hormones are giving you grief - i'm sure they'll have a plan of attack for you tomorrow - i know that i had to have a few extra days synarel as my hormone levels weren't low enough to start the puregon straight away. i think it was only a day or two more, just to show that i'd hit the base level. with regard to your injections and the thursday thing - if you were told to start tonight, you'd have the tenth injection next wednesday night - so EPU could potentially be the thursday... here's hoping that they an work out what's going on so that it's no big delay for you

Summer - no air con at the moment is a major drag. we've got good air con at work, but it's controlled from a central computer - 200k's away - so sometimes it's not really adjusted to suit our conditions - and can take 24 hours to adjust! we've had to turn it off a few times the past few months due to the fires - the air con was just pumping smoke into the building soooo badly. would have hated to be at work today without air con though!

to everyone else - sorry but i'm having amind freeze tonight - and can't get my head around any more personals!

well, today was "interesting" - to say the least. the family were reasonably well behaved, but there were a couple of moments that i felt really uncomfortable with what was going on. my dad and two of his siblings have been estranged since i was a little kid. we were always told that, no matter what was going on, they were still family, so it was expected that we treat them with respect. i have no personal issue with them, except that they have involved me and my brother by ignoring us and telling their kids to do the same. today, they were within a few feet of me, talking to my cousins (that i'm pretty close with) - and ignored me and my brother - we tried to speak to them, and they turned their backs on us - these are people pusing 60, and acting like spoilt 10 year olds. i was disgusted. their kids (about 6 or 8 years older than me) did exactly the same - one of them was 20 minutes late to her grandmothers funeral - i just really struggle dealing with actions so disrespectful. my dad's sister didn't even acknowledge her step father - in her eyes, he isn't family, so why should he deserve acknowledgement? he was married to my nan for over 22 years - and, as the youngest of the grandkids, was the only grandfather i knew! add to that the fact that my pop looked sooooo damn sick that i'm now stressing about him....... oh yeah, it was bloody hot, so i got my poor red-headed self sunburnt too! ouchy! DH is gonna have to rub some moisturiser into my shoulders and neck soon!

on a better note, visited FS this arvo for follow up after cancelled IUI cycle. firstly, he smiled and told me that i seemed like i was gonna be a difficult patient, and was gonna make him earn his dollars - yay - finally a doctor that GETS me!! anyway, he went through an explanation of the type of treatment i'd received (step up) where they increased dosage to get a result - and that some docs would just keep stepping up the dosage - for anywhere up to four weeks - until they got a response. he felt this wouldn't work, so he's going to use another method (step down) where i have 3 days of higher dose puregon, then back to a lightly lower dose, to see if that works - he also said there was a chance i'd need a bus for al the kids we could end up with for this method of treatment! i mentioned to him that i was having the dental surgery in a couple of weeks (to which he started squirming just imagining the discomfort), and would be happy to put the TTC on hold until after this, which he thought would be a good move - he then took me to the clinic nurse, and told her i was having surgery (she squirmed too - and they don't even know what has to happen), and wanted to hold off on active TTC til after - so now all i have to do is contact the clinic when i'm ready to kick off again, and all will start again from there. only variation to this plan is if AF miraculously decides to pay me a visit - but knowing my history, that's highly unlikey!!! i left the clinic feeling much more positive about the whole thing - yay!!

now, all i gotta do is survive the next coupe of weeks leading up to this surgery, and i'l be fine...

Ladies i will be poping in tonight, just about to take Harvey once round the block b4 work! well ive given up on this cycle, as always my only clue, SAGGY BOOBS yes there back !!always a sure sign that things havnt worked to plan. cant say ill be getting AF for a while though not with three pessaries a day! have been having some cramping though. Only time will tell,

I am however already thinking about my next cycle and will be asking you ladies for your vote (explain later!!)

have a lovely day everyone and gl with all the appointments, scans and bt and to some others keep sniffing

Why oh why can my body never do the normal thing?

I'm about to leave for the clinic again, but I just got out of the shower where I noticed more EWCM than I've ever had in my entire life before. I had the same yesterday, but figured it may have had something to do with AF which finally decided to nick off on Sunday, but two days in a row? At CD 7 and 8? I guess that just points to the reason my hormone levels aren't right. I wonder what they shall find?!

back later, with hopefully some good news, or answers at least!

BW

Mstickles Guest

BW - Sorry about your hormone levels - crossing my fingers that things start going your way

BG - Hope you're OK after the funeral - funny to hear I am not the only one that has weird things happen when the whole family gets together.

Lou - Hope your saggy boobs are tricking you! LOL

Summer - Hope you are feeling better, this heat can get a bit much.

Kim - I sometimes wonder about the nurses and whether they understand what people are going through, maybe they should try and employ nurses who have gone through assisted conception instead. Hope you're Ok and they can tell you whats going on.

Mel - Good luck with the wedding prep. Don't worry about the consumation, I don't think that many people get to do it - but usually cause they are too drunk.

Jo - Good luck for the IUI prep, time seems to fly before it and then the TWW drags...as we all know. Don't let my results put you off either - the FS thinks i am just trying to challenge him.

Megan - Hope you are OK?

Sam - Hope time starts moving for you

Alex - Hope you had a happy bday yesterday

Shannon - Welcome and I hope you are not here for long

Sazzafrazz - Did you win squash?? How are YOU?

Sorry for those I missed - not intentional, having trouble keeping up!

Blargh! I guess that's my first IVF cycle cancelled.

My left ovary has managed to grow a great big fat follicle while I'm on synarel, bit of a bugger that it completely failed to do anything of the sort when it was supposed to - like when I was on clomid! Today, I've been given a trigger shot (not that painful at all, really, despite what I'd heard), I stop the synarel and go back in a week to hopefully see low levels of estrogen.

Bugger! Feeling a bit depressed and disappointed - even though I wanted everything to be just right before I actually started. When I resume the synarel again, I'll be on double the dose - both nostrils - yeowch!

If it buggers up again, I'm definitely going to request lucrin instead.

BW

Sammi Jane Guest

I'm so sorry BW, it must be hard. You finally start something that you feel is going to get you your dream come true, and then there's set backs?! It's not fair!!!! I hope it's not too much of a delay for you. Does that mean you'll be starting again in a week?

I'll be starting the synarel again in a week. Then there's 12 days of that before I start injections. We may have to stretch those 12 days a little longer to make sure I'm around for blood tests rather than in Tamworth, but it seems to me that injections and synarel are going to be easier to cope with than pessaries while away, so perhaps it's all for the best.

BW

Im so sorry BW- Ill probably be joining you as I havent heard back from the dr regarding by spotting!
    At least it won't take too long to start up again, Im a firm believer that everything happens for a reason- I dont not what reason yet! But maybe March will be your Month- fingers crossed for you!

Sometimes doctors can be so hopeless in terms of getting back to you! Kim, I'm sure that the spotting isn't anything to worry about too much, as they did say the bleed that nearly put me in hospital from severe blood loss was nothing to worry about too much, either. It might be worth getting in touch with the clinic again just in case someone has got too busy and forgotten. I do hope your cycle can go ahead without a glitch - things have to go smoothly for one of us here!

BW

Alex Guest

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry for the lack of personalsl, I just wanted to pop in to say 'hi'.

BW - I can relate to cancelled cycles, I total nightmare and frustrating. It's happened to me twice. But my FS sorted it out in the end.

BG - Wow - your Dad's family sounds almost as hideous (I hope you don't mind me saying) as my Dad's family. They didn't even turn up to my Gran's funeral, refused to acknowledge her in her last year of life - and these people are strict church goers! I think they have a very twisted view of Christianity! My cousin doesn't speak to my brother or I, depsite the fact that my brother is her son's Godfather. My aunt and uncle, and cousins didn't even reply to my wedding invitation 4 years ago! Like you, the issue is with my Dad and his sister, my Dad has always said to respect them, and the issue is nothing to do with my brother and I. Families - totally mad!

I went for my acupuncture treatment yesterday. I'm trying to improve the quality of my eggs - which is rubbish currently! I'm going to be taking Chinese herbs - in tablet form, zinc in powder form (I have no zinc, have been taking tablets for 18 months, and still have no zinc!), back to charting my basal temp for 3 months and acupunture once a week. My DH is also going to see the same person and we'll see if they can do anything about improving his morphology. She wants us to stay on her programme for 3 months until we do the next ivf cycle. Which only means putting it back a month. If it means we have a chance at better egg quality, then it's worth it.

It was my birthday yesterday, although I was at work, I still had a good day. We went out for dinner with my DH's family and surprisingly all got on really well and had a great night, lots of laughter - I think the sangria helped!

On Sunday we had our niece's 1st birthday party. As you can imagine it was pretty hard to cope with, but we got through it. It was a lovely party, but with all the babies around, you know what I mean!

:hugs: to everyone, I hope you are all OK.

Aly Guest

Hi everyone. I've tried a few times to post successfully on here and I never get a reply. I really would appreciate some feedback or maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Aly Guest

Default Anybody out there?

Hi. Is anyone reading this? I'm feeling a little lost!

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast