Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - Feb 2008 #1

Hi All!
    PLC - I am glad your Lap went well & they managed to find something. I hope you are recovering well. I remember I was laid up for 3 days after my Lap/Hyst.
    HM - wow! Not long to go for you now. I hope you have had a carefree pregnancy up to this point.
    TL - aromatherapy party hey? Let me check my diary & I will let you know, it would be nice to put a face to the name.
    Saph - I hope things are improving for you. My FS won't let things go on & on. He will generally cancel at about Day 21 if things are moving along properly. In saying this, I hope that your body starts responding for you & your cycle continues.
    I have a funny feeling I should have transferred over to the Long Term Assisted Conception forum. Ooops! Oh well, I am comfortable here with all of you lovely ladies. Again the weekend is upon us - how fabulous! I hope you all have something exciting planned. Me - 4 family birthday's & another motorbike lesson. Woo Hoo!!! Bring on Beer-O-Clock!
    Take care girls!

Peta I like here too don't want to move Would be great to meet you too I will PM you the deatils

Hi everyone,

your encouragements have been fantastic. Dh just doesn;t really understand, it is not his body not doing what is supposed to do naturally. I think it is not being in control and know what is going to happen and when that is my problem. But i will get there in the end.

tiggerlinda - is the h thingy, a HSG some sort of x-ray of your tubes if so take some pain killer before hand it hurts.

Mel - stories like yours inspire me to go on. Hope all is well and your resting.

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend.

TL - hysteroscopy?
    Peta - 3 days? boy you must have had it rough!

Evening all,
    PLC - glad Lap went well. Hopefully removing the endo will knock some sense in your bits and get them working as they should!!

Saph - My first cycle was a bit like yours. Dragged on and on with only minor response. Then they upped the dose.... still dragged.... then BANG, I had way to many follies so had to cancel (IUI cycle). Feakin bodies just don't get it sometimes!! In saying that, this cycle started out similar and I thought oh no, here we go again but got an ok response in the end and am now in TWW.
    Hang in there, hopefully the next scan will bring great news

Peta and Tiger - stay with us ladies, we love you company and inspiring braverey after such lengthy journeys on the TTc rollercoaster.

Not much news here. just trying to keep my mind off the TWW. I am only 4dpo so a looong way to go yet. Prog levels done on wed were 78 so am happy about that at least. No pregnyl booster needed -yay!
    have a great w/e everyone

Hi everyone
    Woah its busy in here, im havin trouble keepin up as i only get to post every few days.
    Well ill start with me (cause it all about me ) Saw FS yesterday and this will be my last IUI and then on to IVF he seemed very keen to do it and it makes me question why he even atemped IUI, as he said my chance with only one tube are about 10-15%.and then there is a very big risk of another ectopic, who knows, i suppose we just got to trust there judgement.
    Meredith: hope the TWW is speedy and brings a BFP
    Saph: im on really low dose puregon (25iu) you wonder how it does anything at all waiting to here about bloods in the next 10 mins or so, it really is so frustrating, a friend was on puregon and one cycle they thought theyd have to cance too many follicles and this month she had iui on day 20 as she had really slow development, its really weird how it works, but good luck hope you get great results soon.
    Lulu: so sorry about the BFP, but hopefully we can have lots of fun in the TWW again together! Great news about BEl though
    Peta: have a great weekend, sounds awesome.
    TG: I looooove aromatheraphy, that would be fun, my Dh is away for the weekend too, and dont worry i hate it soo much. Hope
    Mon: good luck with the new cycle, dont know about the flying thing, but a holiday sounds great. Im heading to the goldcoast next month, but i think by then ill just be sniffing my synarel (havent had it before so looking forward to those hot flushes)
    PLC: hope your havin a fast recovery and its great youll be able to get started soon.
    BecD: hows it going, i know what you mean its hard when you have problems because they are people you deal with on a very regular basis and so much is in there control. I just had problems with my clinic in regards to my refferrel and i tried to stay really calm, but it was sooo diffcult.
    Well i really hope i didnt miss anyone. Hope your all havin a great weekend.

Default AF has arrived

Well AF is here with headches and all I must say I will be happy with all PG side effects after her so now a wait till Monday to see if Surgery needs to come forward. :hugs: to all

Wink

Hi Ladies..

Thanks so much for the warm welcome...it's lovely visiting..

plc - so glad the lap went well - told you it wasn't that bad...Hope all the endo is gone and you can soon bee 100% back in action..

Peta - hopefully this will be lucky number 3 for you. Also, now that you've had one very up and one very down cycle...they hit the jackpot and get it 100%. It's hard sometimes with these drugs as everyone reacts quite differently. Best of luck..

Saph - I hope they get your numbers right as well.. it is so frustrating you poor thing.

Tiggerlinda - when's the lap? Like I told plc before hers - dont panic. It's not so bad. The worst part is the poo-prep - well it was for me anyway. Is the other thing a Hysteroscopy..? thats when they shoot dye thru the tubes to ensure no blockages, I had to have one but at the ultrsound place. I hope all goes well.

Meredith - best of luck sweet for the TWW - we know what hell it is...poor Scooby and I just came back from one.

Lovely Scooby - so lovely to see you here... Am glad you've moving to IVF..I am sure you'll be in with a much bigger chance...and yes - look at lovely Bel..she is so over the moon it is just devine. Hoping we will join her next cycle..

So..ladies..hope you're all relaxing and taking some 'me' time this weekend..
    Last edited by MsPink; February 23rd, 2008 at 06:49 PM. Reason: typo

Despite my seemingly good recovery and positivity post lap about prospects of getting pg, am having a not so good day. I don't feel as good as I did yesterday - bloating, nausea, fatigue - and have been reading info on endo on net. Does anyone know of particular treatments that have helped to prevent endo reoccurring (apparently lap is not a guarantee of endo not coming back)? Sorry - like to stay upbeat about things - but my crappy physical state is wreaking havoc with my emotions at the mo.... I realise I may have to make some lifestyle changes - diet, exercise...
    I guess I'm gonna really rely on the cyber cakes from now on

Thanks Minnie

PCL hang in there sweet

PLC sorry, I don't know a great deal re endo so can't help you but hoping things seem brighter tomorrow. When do you next see your Dr? Make sure you have a list of questions.

Linda - Damn AF hope she passes soon for you and your lap is over and done with ASAP

Lulu and Scooby - so sorry you guys have to be back in here. Much as its lovely to have company, it would be nice if we could all leave this thread empty IYKWIM

Just dragging my way through the TWW atm. Trying not to think to much about it but of course, I can't help it. Having some annoying cramping which I think is from the pessaries. Anyone else had this? My progesterone level on sat was 156 so hoping thats all thats making me feel a bit blah!

Meridith - I always get cramping on the pessaries I hope that you can distract yourself soon and it will all be over with a much deserved BFP

Hi all,
    Not really up to personals today, hope everyone is well.

Have had a horror wknd, dramas with brother and his gf which has meant we looked after my neice and nephew for sat and sun night. Police and crisis care are involved, but the kids mum turned up last night demanding her kids and police let her take them, even though she has made threats to kill them. Fun huh.

I felt so ill this morning, I forgot to go for my Day 21 blood test (needs to be done first thing in the morning). Have to go away for work tomorrow morning and wont be back until Thursday night. More fun.

Bec D - :hugs: to you and your niece and nephews.

Just spoken to FS Lap is on For March 18th and we Cycle starting the end of April full steam ahead yay!

Hi everyone
    Bec: that sounds just aweful, big hugs to you and your darling niece and nephew, it must make you want to pull your hair out. Are you able to get your bloods done at sometime or do you have to wait till you get back.
    SP: back in the dreaded TWW huh, hope it flies in and this is the one
    Meridith: hope the cramping is a good sign i had that with DS so
    Hi TL : that sounds great it feels so good to finally get going
    MM: how are you doing?
    Hope everyone else had a great weekend.
    Im abit upset today just had my scan and i have 2 12mm follicles on the right and 2 16mm follicles on the left (which of course is the missing tube) but they may still cancel me this cycle as the eggs can move across, so i guess the 25iu can have some effect Waiting to make the dreaded phone call this avo. it really does seem so difficult to get it just right, its either not enough or too many with IUI, sorry for the rant im just really frustrated, not that i need to explain any of that to you guys .
    Better go do some study, have a great day everyone.
    Last edited by scooby; February 25th, 2008 at 03:03 PM.

AF started today for me (spotting) so day 1 will be tomorrow. Today I am only 9DPO, way to go luteal phase defect! Thank god for progesterone supplements eh?
    Looking forward to getting back into things again. First scan is likely to be next Wed.

Back soon for personals.

Thanks for the support ladies, Im doing a bit better now that I'm at work, at least I have something else to focus on.

Went and had my BT at lunch time, the clinic was fine with that. We have a counselling session tonight at the clinic which I think will be really good for us. Murray hasn't seen the counsellor before and after last weeks saga with the missing appointment, I think he needs it.

Kell - Am glad AF arrived for you , even though I know it's not necessarily a good thing. At least now you can start the merry-go-round again!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast