Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - Feb 2008 #1

Hey all - got some time to chat in between all manner of doc appts. Took DS to chiropractor check-up this morning (displaced shldr and top neck joint due to child birth - all good now) and ENT doc for me for persistent cough which I now know is result of acids from stomach irritating throat. Then off to Acup. this afternoon before my big big day tomorrow at "Lap City" (bit scared just quietly).

So much to catch up on....
    meredith - glad ur back with us - wow!! let's hope ur bods went au naturel so to say. GL with the acupuncture - hope it helps to give your body the remedy it needs.
    thx also for the "conceiving after a lap" hope. I had 2 D&Cs previously conceived quickly after one but not the other but nothing can take "hope" away from me.
    scooby - thx so much for your professional advice on the issue of natural therapies. I found it very interesting esp the bit about toxins and I will certainly bear that in mind. Commiserations with all you've been thru and wishing you a brighter tomorrow. I actually had a convo with DH last night regarding possible IVF (based of course on what they find in my lap tomorrow). So I'll following u & sp with great interest. I agree - a very scary thought.
    TL - thx for your kind words - how you doin hun?
    SP - thx also for your encouragement re lap. As for you, I feel your frustration - why is it so easy for everyone else when others do it so hard. GRR! Will be following ur thoughts re IVF with interest.
    Bec - I think a letter along the lines of what the other ladies have suggested - i.e. nothing antagonistic but focus on how your feedback can effect change to help others like yourself in the future.

HUGE HUGE hugs to everyone else - what a lovely lot you all are!!!

Take care of yourselves...

Default DH s Herbs

Well he did it. He sat there last night with his herbs and his 100 empty capsules filled them all. Then took 6 (the equivelant qty of powder perscribed). I was a tad shocked. However he then just said to me "so why do I need to come" (in regards to my accupunture appointment today) Again I felt like yelling and saying "hey i m the one being jabbed with needles for an hour the absolute least you can do is be there. Maybe you could also get off your A**** and ask her if there is something else you can do" BUT I didnt. I just said, 'today is our day off lets not spend it sitting in front of our computers again'

Whats that saying.... "Lord give me Patients..... RIGHT F***ing NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Default 2WW

You know what I have done, Probably totally confused everyone.... Posted in what I thougth was the TTC after miscarriage thread, while i certainly dont mind chatting with you ladies in here, I m sure my thread, which was a continuation of a previous one in the other thread, probably had you sitting there thinking... what?

Oh well you all know now that DH had his herbs......LOL
    Last edited by Baby Angels; February 20th, 2008 at 06:06 PM. Reason: wrong thread

Hi there,
    I am new to all this, both the forum and the assisted conception. I have been reading your stories for a while and you are all such an inspiration to keep on trying for so long. I am almost half way through my second ovulation induction cycle. First was on clomid with no responce now on puregon bit scared i will react to well. Will find out tomorrow as i have my first scan. I will try and let you know how i go.

*giggling at AB* I was wondering but then I skim read so often I thought I must have missed something AGAIN!

Scooby - am sorry about your BFN.

SP - All the best for the BT Friday, I hope it looks even better than todays and all goes fine.

All the best, Meredith for your 2ww, hope its THE one!

Plc, Good luck with your lap, I am sure it will be fine - its okay to feel apprehensive though, I am for far less than that. Will be thinking of you.

I am still just hanging around, waiting for AF to start the new cycle. I have a short LP, so should only be another week now til AF arrives and we can have another go at it.

Scooby - Sorry to hear about the BFN

Welcome Saph, Good luck for your scan tomorrow

SP - Am hoping that your BT on Friday shows two eggs

Kell - Am hoping that AF isn't too far away for you hon xxx

I'm just plodding along, CD 16 today. Have been getting migraine symptoms for a few days now, so am expecting one to come along shortly - not particuarly looking forward to that

We have decided against writing a letter to the clinic at this point. We don't want to stuff up our relationship with the clinic, so we are willing to let things slide for now. However if there are any other errors, we will definitely ask for some explanations.

Hi All,

Just thought I'd pop in and say hi..

Just going thru all the same deal as all of you...over and over and over again.
    Had another BFN together with poor Scooby (hi Scoob..). It's so HARD!!!!

Anyway, will be having another FET in about 2 weeks (my ripe old age doesn't allow for breaks sadly...)

Will take me a little time to catch up I guess. Just need some new people to whinge and compare notes with...

Goodluck all...

Hi Gals, haven't been around in this thread for a while as have been busy and just posting in the journal area.
    On Cycle #3 at the moment have been travelling fine with synarel, can't believe it has already been over a week! Started with the hot flushes a few days ago. Forgot about that little side effect!
    Back to clinic on Monday and will most certainly have to pick up all my stims.
    Was reading back on how my body responded initially to stims in first 2 cycles given that now I am starting on 187.5iu. Interestingly the first round I was on 150iu and by day 6 my E2 was 600 (should have been 1000) and with the 2nd round on 225iu my E2 on same day was 978 - so on par. So with 187.5iu I am guessing I will be under 1000? Although I am scared of OHSS (they had to cancel my 2nd Cycle as E2 hit 23000 and scare of OHSS), I am also scared that my ovaries wont wake up in time like the first time and that they will be too small by the time EPU comes around (Follies were under 18mm but E2 was 9000) to compensate for E2 not getting out of control. Am I over analysing? Its hard not to I suppose! I probably should be trusting my FS, but without the experience of being an FS and by just interpreting numbers (which I do plenty in my job as well) wouldnt the best strategy be to start me on 225iu and then on Day 6 drop me down knowing that my E2 will build quite quickly? I dont know if this has happened to anyone, but am just throwing it out there! I will mention it on Monday when go to clinic aswell, but dont want to come off being a drama queen either!
    Also am thinking of going away for Easter Long weekend with DH. We are thinking of flying to Gold Coast and driving to Byron. If I have had ET that week is it safe to fly? I dont want to not live, but I dont want to put myself at risk either! Has anyone been in this situation? Any recommendations would be great.
    OK big breath!
    Will catch up with your journey's, but wishing you all the best and sticky vibes and BFPs around the corner!
    Mon
    Last edited by Mon; February 21st, 2008 at 01:00 PM.

AB - you certainly made me laugh - I did wonder what you were on about when I read your first post. I hope things progress in a positive manner for you.
    Salt - All the best for your blood test tommorrow. I hate it when your body won't play the right game!
    BB & BecD - hope everything is going well for each of you - sounds like you might be cycling close together next round.
    Mon - Wow! You sure do get all the details. If anyone asked me about numbers, etc I would have no idea. The only bits I remember are how many follies grow, fertilise & survive & how much the dosage of the drugs is. I don't even know what numbers are good & bad (maybe I should learn so I understand better). I guess I just place all my trust in the FS to look after me the best way possible. I do understand what you are saying re being scared of not reacting properly on a new cycle. That is my biggest concern, having been very close to OHSS (cancelled) cycle 1, then having only a small number of follies cycle 2. So this new cycle I am a bit anxious as to how I will react.
    MM & S204 - welcome on board. I am sure you will both find lots of support here. I hope your journeys are short.
    Well its under a week now till scan & start of IVF3. Starting to get excited and anxious. Take care all & I will speak to you soon.

Thanks BecD for the welcome. Had my bloods and scan today and i am not responding well to the drugs, somuch for my worry i would respond to well. So they have doubled my dose of puregon and back for more bloods and a scan on tuesday. Does anyone know how long they willo keep going with the drugs if your not responding on Tuesday i will be CD17. Do they just keep increasing the drugs until it works? Does it matter how long the cycle goes on for? Any info you have would be fantastic.
    BecD you say your heading for a mirgraine is that from the drugs as i have had a headache for about a week that nothing will get rid of.

Lulu and scooby - so sorry to hear about your BFNs. Lulu I hope your next FET is the one!!!!
    Peta - looks like we'll be cycling around the same time! All the best to you too hun! i Suppose I need to stop over analysing. Lets hope #3 is the lucky one!!!!
    GL Bec with your next round! I need to catch up on where you are at!
    Saph - a friend of mine, also wasnt responding to stims and they kept stimming her for an additional week until her E2 levels were right and follies were fine. She fell PG on her 2nd round which was FET! So fingers crossed for you!

Mon

Thanks Mon for the encouragement. I guess i am having trouble with this process as i fell pregnant so easily with my son. First month! Things just haven't returned to normal after having him. One day i was back at the obgyn because i had been bleeding for five weeks and the next day we were at the clinic starting treatment. Guess i am a little overwhelmed.

Hi ladies - just a quick note to say I had my Lap, all went well, they found early stages of endo (still to be confirmed by pathology) behind my uterus and near my ovaries and they've cut it out. MY OBGYN said it could have been there for maybe up to 12 months. So once I get AF in 4-6 weeks I should be good to go depending on how DP goes with his little sample.
    Ironic how I need to wait now to TTC anyway.........

Thanks again ladies for all your support - very much appreciated!
    Will catch up better tomorrow...

Hi Saph, sorry things arent going so well at moment, i know how stressing it can be. I had 15 days of injections for my last stim cycle. It got to a point where the nurses told me there were only 4-5 follicles and my estrogen wasnt very high, and DH and I thought about cancelling the cycle. My FS kept me on the same dose (Gonal F), which totaly confused me as i wanted more eggs, but in the end he knew what he was doing. I ended up with 12 eggs at pickup, a twin pregnancy and a bit of hyperstimulation- my ovaries were still swollen 8 weeks after egg collection. Although hard, i think sometimes you just have to go along for the ride, we really dont have any control over what is going to happen, trust your FS and i hope the best for you. Thinking of you.
    Good luck to everyone going through this thread. Big hi to Ellie if you read this. Great to see you back. Slyder, how is fet cycle going???
    x Mel

slyder Guest

Hey Mel, I was thinking about you the other day and wondering how you were going. Not long now!

Nothing to report here FET wise, testing next month.

Default Wow you all have been busy whilst I was away

Wow what a time in here whilst I was in Melbourne for work sooo glad to be home and now no more travel until after April and the Lap and ICSI is over Yay

Me - I am hoping AF will hang of for a few more days to fit in with Lap booking DH is going away next weekend on Thursday so going to be a complete wimp and miss him like crazy. I am having an aromatherpy party in Bris next Saturday for those Brissie gals who may like to catch up for a meet

Mon - Yay so glad to see you back and underway I have everything crossed for you.

Peta - Not long now GL and I have everything crossed for you too (running out of everythings and getting very twisted )

Minnie & Scooby - I am so sorry

SP - Don't worry sweet I understand about the IVF thing I do hope that this may be just what you needed this cycle

Meridith - GL in the TWW

AB - My DH did not want to attend AP at first but he has really got into it himself now

Saph - Welcome please ask any q's and I hope your TCC is not a long one

Kell - Hope AF shows soon

Bec D - Glad you can move on good on you

PCL - Glad lap went well and you got some answers best of luck

Just want to say hi and catchup a bit....

TL - love an aromatherapy party - maybe you could let me see a catalogue next time you're in Melbourne all the best for the party! and needless to say GL with lap (when is it again?) and is it just lap (as if that's not enough) or more too?

Saph204 - welcome and I can truly appreciate how hard you are doing it. GL for scan today! Hugs hun.

Mon - hello - i started reading your journal - wow! and then with all the info you last posted - I take my hat off to you - I don't know how you do it but I can understand why.

Peta - hello and hugs!

MM - good to see you in here too! How u doin sweet? Thinkin of u and sending you special hugs.

Scooby - thinkin of u - chin up!

Hey BecD (my head is a little foggy - is the appt next Mon?), BB, Kell, AB, SP, meredith & anyone I may have missed (sorry!!).

everyone!

PCL - should catch up when I am next in Melb I will PM a link though.

For me Lap and something else starting with H?????? I don't know just have faith in FS. All booked for the 18th March

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast