Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - Feb 2008 #2

Hi Sandi

Congrats to you too - I was told by the embryologist that grade 3 was the best grade you could get unless embryo was already dividing to reach day 4 stage.

I really like Pivet as well and am hoping this cycle will be successful so my next cycle with them will be when I want a second child

You are so lucky to have your BT on Thursday - I have only just started the TWW so mine is not until 17th - aaah.

I was told not to do HPT cos the pregnyl injections affect the result - I have my first injection tonight and then another 3 over the next 2 weeks so I won't be testing at all. I have also been told that with the digital HPT's that you cannot look at the line - only the words on the screen - apparently they come up with second line even if negative.

I am not working at the moment so have plenty of time for rest. Good luck for your test on Thursday - I will be logging on in the avo to find out your result

Thanks Kyles68,
    Cool I have 3 frozen embryos all high grade ones so thats keeping me positive.
    Oh what a wait this is, 2 weeks seems to be so long...
    Did they tell you low long it should take for the embryo to attach? I was told 3 to 5 days and then I was told anywhere from 2 to 10 days.

Can anyone give any advise as to what to do in the 2ww as far as helping the little embie stick?
    I have heard pineapple, Brazil nuts, don't be around smoke at all (thankfully no one in my family smokes) and black tea and lots of water ??
    Does anyone know of any foods to stay away from and if 1 coffee a day is really a no no?? I'm having hot chocs at the moment but doesn't compare to a coffee??

AF arrived this afternoon so I guess that means Im cycling again.
    Just waiting on a call from the clinic to let me know when to come in

Bec - oh damn I'm so sorry for you darl - We can never give up, it happens when it's meant to, I know it sounds like a Cliche' but I have had to deal with being the only one in my family to not have any kids and have 2 new nephews. I gota believe in something.
    Are you going to do another cycle soon?

Hi girls

Bec - I am so sorry AF has arrived for you - keep positive and may your next cycle be the BFP one

Sandi - I was just told by clinic to be very careful over next 3 days - they did not mention actual implantation times. I am thinking about every single thing I put in my mouth at the moment. I have heard the pineapple juice so have to buy some tomorrow. I have 1 to 2 black teas a day but if I feel like any more hot drinks I have a green tea which is lower in caffeine or a decaf coffee. I am also concentrating on not eating any foods that could have a listeria risk - ie soft cheeses, cold meats, prepared salads etc. I am not around any smokers so that is good. I also have a younger brother and two nephews 7 and 4.

Kylie

Kylie - I did a lot of resting and only little walking around and relaxed, one thing I was worried about was the constipation (sorry of too graphic) and the straining that goes with it.
    I think if I have to do another cycle I will ask the nurses if there is anything I can take next time to stop me getting this.

I have a nephew who is only 5 days old and looks just like my brother and my brother looks like me. I'm the godmother so I'm super excited and I get to hold him all I like and get lots of baby dust.
    I have a 1 and a half yr old niece called Keira and she rubs my hands everytime I see her for baby dust she so cute, all I have to say is baby dust and she knows what to do hu hu.

Sandi

I am having plenty of rest and only walking around the house cos I asked at clinic and they said only very short walks and slow pace - I am used to doing one hour walks at a fairly steady pace so feel I am better to just stay at home

I have not suffered from any consipation but I have fairly weird digestive system anyway cos I have IBS. (therefore bowel prep before egg collection was hell for me - TMI)

Make sure you pick up heaps of baby dust from your new nephew and niece

My DH just successfully did my pregnyl injection - so proud of him - this is his first ever and he did a great job

Ahh that's soooo cute,
    I know how I felt, my hubby did so well I was so proud of him by the end of all those injections including the gonal f and lucrin injections he was becoming quite a pro he he!!

Im fine, thanks ladies :-) Im well past the point where I actually believe we can fall pregnant naturally, so it doesn't hurt as much these days.

I have to go in tomorrow morning for Day 2 scan & BT. Gonal-F Injections Thursday to Saturday and then in for another scan next Wednesday. Should be ready for Egg Collection on the 18th, all going well.

This cycle I think they are going to give me a higher dose of gonal-f to make my follicles bigger for EPU. It was so painful last time because they were trying to get at 2mm follicles!

Hi Ladies

Bec - my thoughts are with you - good luck for your day 2 scan and BT tomorrow. I was on Puregon rather than Gonal F - 300iu per day and I only got 3 follicles around 2 and one egg - hope the higher dose makes those follies grow well

I am so proud of my DH giving me my Pregnyl injection - I do the Puregon ones myself - they don't bother me cos use a pen - just not so fussed on an actual syringe - for me who is a total needle-phobe I am improving every single day

Bec D :hugs: GL with the cycle hun
    Kyles: GL Sweet with everything

Hugs to all and lots and lots of to every one

Had a great interview yesterday and all going well I will have an offer next week to manage my own recruitment office Yay Yay

Me I can't wait to get away to Stanthorpe this weekend and have some quality time with DH

OMG - a few days out and man I am behind.

Meridith - congrats....great great news...

Sandi - piece of advice - DONT test after Pregnyl. It's nasty horrible stuff and will mess with your mind. Pregnyl will show false positives. You are injecting HGH which is the hormone that you produce when pregnant - and the hormone that shows up on the tests. It can stay in your system for around a week after last needle. Now that I have been thru it several times, I test from about 5 days after Pregnyl and there is a line...then I test daily. If the line gets lighter - you know it was that nasty nasty stuff and if it gets darker...well I sincerely hope it does for you sweet....

Saph - best of luck with your follie...may he/she be the one!!

Kyles - best of luck on the TWW...it usually does my head in.

Bec - hope those follies develop well and u have a successful EPU

Tiggerlinda - great news. congrats. but pleeeeeeese dont let the new job stress you out...

Me - big changes ahead. Started with a new doc who is running several tests. Had a BT Monday and they took...wait for it...13...yes 13 vials of blood. I couldnt believe it. Then 13 March another specific blood test where his own scientist tests for special K cells - something new he is workingon. Then March 17 a hysteroscopy to check for scarring after my huge fibroid op in June 06. He's not making promises - but feeling good because at least now I am being pro-active. Am so sick of being passive and having the exact same thing every single month without results.

Have a great day everyone..!!!!
    Last edited by MsPink; March 5th, 2008 at 09:40 AM. Reason: typo

Minnie - Thanks I promise I won't it will be good beacuse I get to do it my own way and build my own team. They have faith in me which is great

Wow alot happening for you too

BecD - just a quick question for you if you get a canceled IVF cycle due to any reason do you get your money back or just the regular Medicare rebate?
    It's a question I have been meaning to ask the clinic but always forget!

Sandi - Cancelled cycles depend on your clinic and where you get to in the cycle

Hi All
    How are we all today?
    TL - hope your arm is feeling slightly better now & you have had a positive response from your interview.
    Sandi - TL is right, refund of monies depends on where you are at in the cycle and your clinic. On one of my cancelled cycles, I received a big chunk of my money straight back as the cycle was cancelled prior to Day 9.
    MM - glad to hear you are happy with progress being made with your new FS. I am currently considering whether to stick with my FS & start new cycle (tommorrow?) or cancel and change FS. Am tossing up whether its better the devil you know or not.....
    Kyles - GL with everything
    BecD - GL for this cycle, here's hoping everything goes well and you are in for EPU on 18th as planned.
    Well, I am confused as to whether to go through with this cycle (feeling very anxious and stressed already & I haven't even started yet) with this FS or whether to see a new FS. I think I am mostly worried because every single cycle seems to send my FS into confusion about why I'm reacting the way I am (usually way under par or way over!). I only have a few hours to decide as if I cancel, I would prefer to do it today rather than tommorrow (when my appointment is scheduled for).
    Anyway, I'm sure the answer will come to me somehow. Take care girls & we'll speak soon.

Peta - it's a tough call..but I am now kicking myself that I didnt do it earlier. My old FS was very nice and accommodating etc. The thing is, I was having transfer after transfer (and I am doing it every month - like a marathon) and asked her every single time it failed...is there anything else we can be doing/trying. Then I see this guy who I have heard a lot about (same clinic) and wham bam - he wants to at least do all this testing. No promises I know - but makes me feel so much more pro-active.
    It's not an easy decision I know. I guess you need to go with your gut or...like I did 'google' ivf asprin, prednisone etc and see there are lots of new things different people are trying. Hey at my age - if I cant be an experiment..who can??
    Good luck sweetheart..

TL - Well done on the job interview, fingers crossed you get the phone call soon!

Sandi - I didn't have to pay anything for my cancelled cycle, they just bulkbilled Medicare directly for their portion and didnt charge me for anything thank goodness!! We got to just before EPU.

My scan went well, antral follicle count was around 30 which is good.
    Had to do my BT at Western Diagnostics because they have taken out the bed in the nurses station where they usually do the bloodwork. I am such a wuss, I cant do BTs sitting up

Got a phone call from the nurses this afternoon, I will still be doing 150iu but for 5 days this time.
    Also my FS is going to be away for my EPU which means a different FS (Dr Aitken) will be doing my egg collection. It's kind of knocked the wind out of my sails a bit, a big part of the reason why we are doing IVM is the continuity of care - only dealing with Doreen & Steve. Now somebody else is going to be involved, and in particular someone who doesn?t have anywhere near as much experience in IVM retrieval. We are still going ahead with it, just need to get my head around it.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast