Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - Jan/Feb 2007

Thanks so much for your wishes girls, I still can't believe we've had such a great result so far. Sorta kinda makes up for the nightmare of last 12 months - but not quite!

Dreambub - as BW said, Dr Sacks is my FS. I cannot sing his praises highly enough. He is a fantastic doctor and a wonderfully compassionate man. I feel so lucky to have found him. He is THE man to speak to regarding recurrent m/c and immunology issues. Best of luck with your phone consult!!

BW - sooooo pleased your bleeding has settled and that your talk with your principal went so well. My work have been so understanding over the past 12 months with all of our dramas, surgeries, hospital stays, drs appts etc etc! It definately makes everything less stressful when you know you don't have to worry about work.

Kotare - during an epu, someone (theatre nurse/scientist/FS - not sure who cause I was snoozin ) writes the number of eggs collected on your hand so you know when you wake up how things went.
    Last edited by Willow; January 30th, 2007 at 07:14 PM.

Alex Guest

BW - great news about the Principal, it's quite amazing how many people you find have a family member or close friend going through the same thing. I'm glad he was understanding, it should make your work life easier. Great about the bleeding too!

Willow - good luck for tomorrow! don't forget to relax afterwards and take it easy

Hi Shaz, I'm here. Aunty Sush steered me here
    GavS is a lovely, lovely man. Is truly interested in you as a patient - very calm in his approach and actually listens.
    $65 is pretty good - tell him SuziQ said hi and she wants a commission
    Good luck, will be tuning in to see how you go.

Willow, what fantastic results. I hope they continue to thrive and you get lots of little frosties.... for use in a couple of years obviously, because you won't need them for a while!!

BW, that's great that you were able to have a positive chat with your Principal. It must be a weight lifted for you. I know it made a huge difference to me once my Manager knew our situation. Yay also on the bleeding calming down.

I am going in for transfer tomorrow. I can't believe it. It just kind of snuck up on me.
    Have to be at the clinic at 8.20 for a blood test and then my appointment is at 8.30 with transfer scheduled for 9.20. I keep remembering that bloody chair I have to lay in. Pap smears and internal ultrasounds are nothing. An embryo transfer leaves nothing to the imagination!! lol I'm going straight to work afterwards which will hopefully help keep my mind of things. (who am I kidding?!)
    Wish me luck!

Megan: good luck hunny!!!!!!!!

Megan and Willow....Good luck for the transfers tomorrow....I will be sending up sticky prayers for you both

Thanks girls.
    I really should try and get some sleep, but am so excited. It's strange. I wasn't this excited last time! Then I remember that one of my little snowbubs has to survive the thaw first.
    Willow, hope everything goes well for you too!

Hi ladies,

Just wanted to quickly say GOOD LUCK for Megan & Willow tomorrow.

Myself I am waiting for my O rise from b/t for our IUI which is getting a little exciting & scary at the same time.

Let's pray it's the month for the ltttc thread!!!

Jo

Good Luck Jo! It's a killer waiting for that LH surge. I have just gone through 8 days of testing (OPK's and BTs) before I finally got the go ahead!

Good Luck Willow and Megan with your transfers!!!

Jo i know how you feel, i am 12 dp IUI - 2 days to go!!! The wait is excructiating!!

Hope all went well with the transfers Willow and Megan!

Alex Guest

Willow and Megan, I hope all went well with the transfers to both of you. Welcome to the TWW!

dream bub Guest

Wink

Suzi Q - Thanks so much. I spoke with my FS this morning and asked him his thoughts on NK cells and he said he went to a forum last year in Prague where they discussed this very subject at great length. He thinks its intersteing but doesnt seem to subscribe to the theory that Steroids and Clexane are necessarily the answer. Despite that I will be using both for the first time after my transfer next week (EPU on Friday). He made me feel a bit flat actually as I was (still am) convinced that this is the cause of my infertility and recurrent failed implantations. Anyway looking forward to speaking with Dr Sacks 2moro morning and will update afterwards. Thanks once again - I feel like you are my saviour!

WIllow and Megan good luck today. Sticky vibes to both of you.

Couldnt sleep last night and was up till 3.30 am then out of bed at 6.00am - I think I suffer anxiety attacks in the second week of FSH injections?? ANyway watched a great show on Foxtel at 12.30 in the morning - it was on Home & Health channel called Human Stories - Baby LAB. It was about four couples going through IVF in the States, very interesting. In one case they transferred NINE embies back in to one lady - is that crazy or what??!!!! So what is it if all nine took - nintuplets!:biggrin:

A couple of exciting days ahead - my birthday tomorrow & pick up on Friday. This better be my lucky week!

Mstickles Guest

Hi,

Just thought I would introduce myself, I have been following your stories for a while now and have decided it is time to join myself instead of just stalking. I am not exactly sure where I am meant to be Ė have been trying since Oct 05 and have had no pregnancies and the only problem they can find is that perhaps I have hostile mucus. I am about to do Clomid for the 5th month (only half a tab) and also about to embark on my fourth go at IUI, which I have no hope for, as I donít think there is really much chance when the first 3 didnít work.

So I am resigning myself to doing IVF and hopefully that will start in April. All we do is wait in this process isnít it? Oh that and hope I guess! Anyway, look forward to sharing the rocky road with all of you and hopefully we will all be out of here soon.

PS Good luck Willow and Megan!

Clare

Alex Guest

Hi Clare,

Welcome to the thread! I'm sure you'll find support here, all of our stories are slightly different - it's not an easy road!

I've been on IVF for almost 12 months now, and it's not as scary as it first was, and it does seem to have the success rates we all crave. Good luck!

Hi Girls,
    I've not been on for a couple of days and WOW there has been some action going on here!!lol It has taken me 1/2 hour to catch up.
    Willow and Megan, good luck today. Really mean that, sorry I missed your exciting PU. 14 Eggies and all fertilised!!! great result.
    Alex, same goes for you with your TWW.
    BW, great news about your work situation. I am almost up to telling my boss. I'm sure she will be great (she was great in september when DH had serious brain infection!!and i was in Royal Adelaide hosp with him for a couple weeks). I am a casual and have shift work so we can always make changes to shifts. My only reservation is that it is a small town and I havent really told many ppl about our situation. Many have guessed I suppose but we are quite private... hmmm better out in the open I guess, especially if there is extra support for us.
    Clare, I'm new here too and my PU will be early april so we may be in it at the same time!
    Disapointment here. At the interview apt with FS he told us to book on for late feb AF but when I had preliminary scan nurse said book on with this AF. So,... I rang Monday when AF came to visit and wasnt told till yesterday pm that it was too early and I wasnt scheduled till april!! (we are public so have to wait for a spot) Very dissapointed cause we have been saving $ hard and I was all psyced up for the drugs to start. After 10 years I guess another month or two wont hurt. When oh when will we have to stop waiting and start celebrating?? Every year we think, maybe by this christmas..... well maybe this will be the year?
    Thanks for letting me blab on so long. ,
    Sazz

Hello girls!! I'm here, I survived the transfer! My god it is an awkward experience having your FS's head you know where! It all went fine and other than mild embarrassment, it was uneventful. My FS said it went perfectly. We transfered one embie today, the pick of the bunch.

And guess what???? We have 10 snowbubs!!!! I'm just over the moon! Sooooo thrilled with our results, couldn't have dreamed of a better outcome!

Still feeling a bit crampy and uncomfortable from epu - my FS said this is normal. Did any of you girls find this?

Welcome Clare. Glad you finally posted, you will find loads of support from these amazing women.

Sazz, sweetie, my hat goes off to you. I cannot begin to imagine what it would be like ttc for 10 years. I hope that this is your year, you more than deserve it!

Megan, looks like we'll be 2ww buddies! I hope that your transfer went well and I pray that we both get fantastic news in 2 weeks time.

Dreambub - hope your phone consult with Dr S went well today. He's a busy man, we had to wait for him to do an epu this morning before he did my transfer and he obviously had to fit your call in too LOL!

Clare, I was up late watching Baby Lab too! Couldn't sleep because I kept thinking about transfer today and couldn't believe it when I turned the telly on and that had just started! lol Found it interesting and had a couple of tears at one point. Seem overly emotional at the moment!

Welcome Clare. All the best for your venture down the IVF path. It's true, there is so much waiting when you're going through this. BB helps to keep me sane when I'm waiting for things to happen!

Thank you everyone for all the well wishes for transfer today.
    They ended up having to thaw 2 embies as the first one didn't survive. But he said the one they were transferring was of an excellent quality. He did say what stage it was at but I can't remember now. I was concentrating so hard on my full bladder!! lol I drank the same amount as last time which was fine. This time around my bladder was like a big balloon....the nurse and DH thought it was funny!

Willow, how did you go??

ETA: Willow, we were posting at the same time! That's a fantastic result to have 10 snowbubs!
    I'm so happy everything went well for you. When is your BT? Mine is 12/2.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast