Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - Jan/Feb 2007

dream bub Guest

Hi Girls
    Hope everyone is progressing well.

I am just 2 days in to the TWW and already wishing the time away! Feeling OK though. Having daliy dise of Predisone and Clexane, and this moring I also had Pregnyl HCG booster with another one on Tuesday, also I am having daily Prog Pessaries. This is far more than Ive had before, so hopefully its the recipe I am lookingn for.

Willow - QFG say 14 days after transfer, because I have blast if I was to go 14 days after EPU it would only be 9 days post trasfer & probably too early.

Just on the synarel thing - because I suffer chronic Hayfever issues my doc gives me Lucrin injections to take instead, so if it gets bad enough for anyone that could be ab alternative. I always worried that it had run straight out so was always tense.

Willlow - Hope all is well for you.

Kimb - I started not telling anyone - not even family and close friends, but afetr a few cycles it was too hard too keep fibbing to them about not being available for things so i fessed up. I dont share everything - when I am strating & where I am up to, but they do know. I also told two of my closest workmates - which was just as well as I fainted at work a couple of times and they had to call the doctor for me.

I always much prefer Lucrin to Syranel - you do get over the fear of the injection part of it pretty quickly.

Shaz - hope the next 10 days just fly by for you

BW - i think you get used to the synarel after a few days - i noticed the taste big time for a few, now hardly notice it. i usually clean my teeth just before or just after so that i have something to mask the taste if it does come through. good luck with it.

Sammi - we haven't kept it a secret that we're having issues, but we're also not broadcasting it to the world at large. i have a small group of people that i sit with at work, and they're all aware of what's going on - mainly for the fact that i know when the hormones kick in i sometimes get a bit moody, so i've given them fair warning that it might happen. i pretty much said "if i'm staring at my computer and don't seem chatty, let it go!" had to tell a couple of managers to get the flexibility with my hours. close family know, and a couple of friends - i think we ended up spilling because we've been married just on 12 months, and got so sick of being asked "so, when are you starting a family", or the assumption that i was UTD if i chose to drink soft drink/water instead of alcohol when we're out, that i just told people. our cycling time is private, and will stay that way, but in a lot of ways it got people off our case about having kids. it's alos bought out a lot of frineds stories about struggling with TTC, so, in some ways, it's made it easier to talk with them.

Boo - i so understand how you're feeling about the reno's - we're in the middle of a major overhaul to bring the house from the late seventies up to more current (there's only so long you can tolerate orange bench tops in the kitchen!). it's a very drawn out process - my brother is half living in vic and half in WA - trying to start a cabinet making business in vic - so we're building our shed to temporarily accommodate his tools while he gets his business off the ground - in return, we get our reno's for the cost of materials - but at the moment, we're waiting on the shed to arrive, so everything is in a constant state of chaos!

as for me - had b/t this morning and waiting to hear back about when i need to front up for u/s - apparently it will probably be this weekend, but who knows? last week when we were in wit nurse, she seemed to think IUI would be over nad done with before valentines day - so here's hoping!

Hi there Sammi Jane!

No I havent told anyone! Only my mum knows. I do feel though that I am really starting to isolate myself a lot more because to be honest I feel and I know this is really silly and I cant believe Im saying it- embarrased! I feel embarassed that everyone must be looking and talking about poor me. They do know that I had a small op, so they obviosly know that Ive been trying so I kind of dont want to be faced with the possibility of having to talk about it! I cry myself to sleep most nights because not only did I have something wrong with me (mild endo) but now weve discovered my DH has low morph and low DNA frag- every test we do it keeps getting worse and worse and i feel my dream keeps moving further away. So its been really tough for me and my DH and to be honest Im not coping all that well, Im very emotional and snappy and unsociable! I look around at all my friends and there problems and i think -if only you knew what im going through!

Anyway Ive poored my little heart out! I feel a bit better now!

Sammi Jane Guest

Hi Kim.b,

Hugs to you love, I feel for you. Thank you for sharing how you feel, a lot of what you wrote I feel too. I know what you mean about being embarrassed, I am the same. I know it's crazy, but I'm embarrassed that I can't do what everyone else around me can (well that's how it feels). I bought "Swimming Upstream" and I can highly recommend it - it may help you too. I haven't read much, but what I have read is great!! I'm also isolating myself from friends & family, I just feel like everyone is thinking poor me too. I know I'm thinking poor me most of the time! I'm sorry you feel so bad, and I wish there was something I could do to help. Please try to find some comfort in the fact that you are working towards your goal - I know it's hard, but we have to try!

I'm sorry I can't write more, I have to run out the door for the weekend, but I will write on Monday. I hope you have a wonderful weekend and will chat more later.

Try to keep your chin up, and I'll try to keep mine up too!

Hi Kim & Sammi

i have to admit that, as much as we've started to share, i still feel so many of the feelings you've both listed. embarrassment is a pretty big thing - i know if there's someone around that doesn't know what's going on, i get really uncomfortable - especially seeing my dad has a basic idea of what's going on - and no idea how to be diplomatic about things! if i'm in the room, and he wants to ask something - well - who cares who else is there?? then he gets all grumpy if i'm abrupt or don't answer the way he wants me to! had a talk to my mother and told her that he needs to back off or i'm just gonna stop talking to him about anything! grrrrr. everyone else has been really good about it all.

well, got the call from the clinic about blood test results - and they're not what they should be. obvioulsy my body has decided not to respond to the injections, so i have to increase my dose and go back in a few days for another test. i'm just so frustrated at myself! i know it's not really my fault, but i can't help but be angry - nothing seems to be going right - and DH just didn't get it when i burst into tears before - how do i explain to him why i feel so guilty about all of this? i've bought "swimming upstream" but DH hasn't started reading it yet - it only arrived a couple of days back.

Alex Guest

Hi everyone,

We have told our best friends (who incidently are pg but have been very supportive of us and also had issues TTC). Both sets of parents also know, my brother and his wife, DH's sister. The problem is that DH's mum tells everyone she meets, which obviously we are not happy about, but she won't listen. I don't know what's easier, people knowing and trying to be sympathetic, or people not knowing. However, having just got yet another BFN, 2nd IVF/ICSI with only one embryo we are going to keep the next cycle to ourselves and only let our best friends know - and that's because they are fantastic and will say the right things!

Filling in the forms for the clinic in Las Vegas is proving to take longer than I had expected, one of the nurses at my ivf clinic has very kindly started to complete it for me, and we're seeing our FS on Monday so I'm going to ask him to help with the rest. I can't wait to find out how much it is going to cost, and also what our FS thinks of the new tests.

I'm waffling...waffle, waffle.

Good luck Shaz, the TWW will go quickly.

As far as the synarel or lucrin goes, I did synarel for the first cycle and lucrin injections for the 2nd. I preferred the lucrin as I've got a thyroid condition so the feeling or the synarel down the back of my throat was horrid. And I agree with Keen, you do get used to the injections.

sorry girls i will bbl for personells but could someone pls explain. Had ANOTHER bt this morning and levels were 11, two days ago they were 17 and seven days ago they were 15!!!but i still havent 'o'. so im still starting my P4 tomorrow for FET on Monday some time, my nurse said my levels for P4 are still low so thats how they know that i havent 'o' but my LF ? levels are now going down. but she said thats just the pcos

I dont understand any of it but i hope this is the cycle i always put on a brave face - and yes all family and friends usually know (but not this time. sez so shhhh) but im tired of putting on a brave face and being happy for everyone else all the time. sorry if i sound horrid, just need to vent)

well if anyone can fill me in a littl pls do but ive also had + OPK for over 10 days!!HELP. oh but my scan showed no follies!!

Boo, I'm on synarel right up until just before EPU, it seems. I'm hoping everyone is right and you do get used to it.

Just on the comments everyone has made about feeling embarrassed... I guess I do feel a small amount of that, but it's more anger that my body won't do what it's supposed to and we have to go to such enormous lengths just to get anywhere near ovulating. However, I've got an aunt who went through PCOS, clomid and IUI 20 years ago, and two friends at church who did the PCOS and metformin (+ clomid for one), and a friend's brother who's also going through IVF - I'm surrounded by so many people who have either experienced or been touched by infertility in some way that I don't feel so strange. Also the numbers of us here that have the same or similar issues... I think we've reached the point where we are mainly accepting of the fact that this is our lot in life, and this is what we need to do, and we can use our energy in getting through it and continuing to live our lives, or we can use our energy getting frustrated and upset by it. I know it's not for everyone, but our faith has been a huge help in dealing with it and accepting it.

BG, I'm sorry that the injections aren't working just yet... hopefully the increased dose will be enough to get things moving.

Taffy, I think I'd have done some serious damage to my DH if he'd made that sort of comment! I hope he gets better soon - men really are quite unbearable when they are unwell.

Good luck to those approaching testing. I know I've missed people, but there seems to be rather a lot of us at the moment - very busy here!

Have others had headaches with synarel? I've had a weird one all afternoon - it feel a bit like a sinus headache, but I don't have congested sinuses! If this is a synarel thing, I may definitely have to consider lucrin next time. Are the side effects of lucrin as bad as synarel? I'm still a little worried about the injections, but I'm feeling much less petrified of them now. I think it's the thought of the hour's drive and getting to the clinic by 7am that is most bothering me now!

And speaking of synarel... time for my next squirt...

BW

Hi girls, just a quick one from me. Thanks to everyone for your replies about the b/test timing. I've been booked in for wednesday (14 days after transfer) but the nurses are going to call me on monday to 'see if I'm still OK' I assume this means whether AF has arrived or not. I'm due on monday and getting increasingly worried because i've been kinda crampy for the last two days. I know something is going on in there but I don't know whether it's something good or something bad. I've started doing the loo checks every 1/2 hour so when they call on monday, regardless of what's happening, i'm going to ask for my b/t to be moved to tuesday morning.

This is just awful and the not knowing and worrying is killing me. I'm getting really scared about what's going to happen over the next few days.

I'll admit I've contemplated POAS just to put myself out of misery but I'm not sure if/how the trigger shot would affect the result? I've only had progesterone pessaries for LP support so I know that wouldn't affect it. Anyway, determined to remain strong on that one (well at least for now).

I'm very lucky because strangely enough, out of my close group of girlfriends only one HASN'T got infertility issues. Well there used to be her and me, because as most of you know, it's only my cyst/surgery that's caused problems for us this time around. So I'm lucky that most of them understand and one of them is actually doing a stim cycle at the moment too, so we have each other for support.

Alex, I'm so very sorry that this cycle wasn't successful for you. I look forward to hearing about your enquiries with the clinic in Las Vegas.

Please everyone, keep your fingers crossed for me....
    Last edited by Willow; February 9th, 2007 at 06:34 PM.

Hi Willow. hope all goes well for you over the weekend. have all of my fingers and toes crossed for you! really hopin it's a nice sticky little embie making itself at home in your tummy!!

Thanks BG, me too....

Alex Guest

Hi Willow,

My fingers and toes are crossed for you, and I'm sending all the in the world.

I really hope this is successful for you :hugs:

tiggy Guest

Hi girls,

Just locking this thread, time for a new one!
    It can be found here

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678