Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - June/July 2006 #2

congrats Chris.. we needed some more grads.. there is a forum for pregnancy after LTTC .. Trish (babyamore) has just had her boys so we need you to move over and take her place... YAHHHH and congrats again.... leis xx

Congratulations Chris, I wish you all the best and make sure you pop in to keep us up to date with how you are going. Go and enjoy all the pregnancy talk in the other forum but we want you to visit now and then.

I go for my next ultrasound tomorrow so they can tell me the date of my transfer. I have the week off next week which makes everthing a bit more relaxing.

Linda

FunMumma Guest

Congrats confused egg. Hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy. xoxoxo
    Can someone tell me what the liked range is for oestrogen at egg pick up???? Last time my oestrogen before pick up was 1800 so they cancelled now its 494. Ultrasound tomorrow to see haw those slow moving follies are. This is day 14 of injections grrrr....
    Hows eveyone else coping????

Oh Chris, that's fantastic news. Congratulations. Go join up in the Pg after LTTTC threads, but make sure that you pop in from time to time to fill us in on how you are progressing. Don't be a total stranger okay...congrats once again.

Alex - hi my sweet. I'm not bad. Thanks for asking. Got pretty much the same attitude as you at the moment in regards to TTC, so not really sure what's going on with me. I'll take whatever comes my way at the moment.....

Whooo Hooo Chris congratulations I knew this would be the month for you I hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy

Oh Chris, that is absolutely wondeful news hun! I'm so thrilled for you. I hope you have a wonderful pregnancy ... but don't be a stranger!

FunMumma - I have no idea about oestrogen levels I hope somebody else can help.

Linda - that is great that you have next week off. I hope your ultrasound goes smoothly tomorrow.

Alex - wow, sounds like you have been keeping yourself well and truly busy. I really hope you enjoy your time off before your FET - I've felt a lot happier and more relaxed this month, which is my break cycle on the Pill.

Sari - sounds like you're finding your break frustrating, so I hope it goes super quickly for you!

Shez, Shan, Leis and Tam - thanks so much for your help and advice about my dilemma! I'd started feeling like I was just being a pain in the neck trying to get ahold of this other doctor, and was going to give up and wait until next month. But you've all convinced me to keep on trying! I'll give Dr Hines a ring tomorrow morning. As it turns out, my spotting amounted to nothing, and AF hasn't actually started yet. I stopped taking the BCP 4 days ago, so I'm sure she's just around the corner though. I'm starting to feel really really nervous about the FET .. already psyching myself up for a BFN, which is a terrible attitude to be starting with! Maybe I need to start saying some affirmations, or making use of the clinic psychologist.

Congrats Chris... wonderful news. I hope you have a wonderful pregnancy and everything is just rosey from here on in.

Good luck Linda with your transfer and enjoy a well earned rest,

Good on you Cherie for being persistent. I know how you feel and it would be such a waste if a cycle was messed up b/c of some dr's that dont know whats going on. Go Chickee !!!

Take care

Sar

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Bridget,

Oetrogen levels are an indicator of follicular growth, but unfortunately it's unreliable in terms of discovering quanity vs quality. In other words, as an example, your levels may indicate you may have 1-2 follies halfway to maturity, or several immature follies that will require more time. That's why you have the u/s, to see what's happening in there. However, to answer your question, it is (very) generally expected that you will show a level of approx 1000iu of oestrogen per mature follicle (ie only when the follie is 18-20mm). Out of interest, did they increase your dose of FSH from your last cycle?

Good luck and I hope it'll be good news whatever happens.

Chris, congratulations again! Such excellent news!!

Cherie, you crack that whip!

everyone else!

Hi all,
    Well I had my scan today and they said that I needed to take the needles for a bit longer to increase the size of the follicles. They also increased my dose from 150 to 187 and will have another scan on Tuesday so pickup will now be later in the week depending on how Tuesday goes. I hope that They decide on Tuesday to do the trigger otherwise transfer won't be until next week. I guess I have to wait and see.

Linda

Morning Girls

Linda - I had my U/S yesterday and I have to continue as well and I have another U/S on Monday. I had 2 follies on my left over 12mm and on my right I had 6 follies over 12mm. She said that when I come in on Monday she is expecting to see more than 8 follies. I have to keep to the same dose. I hope your next scan goes well and you get your date for you pickup. You never know we could be going in on the same day. She asked if I was sore and I said no. So maybe another couple of days and I will but then again I only have 8 follies.................ideally I would like 10 as not all follies contain eggs.

Chris - Congrats

Cherie - I hope everything has been sorted out and you have the answers that you need.

Hello to everyone else

Jade

Hi everyone,

FunMumma I hope that the needles will be soon over for you. I am currently on day 8 and have to take them till Tuesday and then hopefully they can tell me when my transfer will happen.

Jade You were lucky to be told how many follies you had progressing. We weren't told and when we left both my husband and I said that we thought we would have been told. Dr Fox only said that they were doing fine but he would like to see some more growth and that is why he increased the dose. We will definetly ask next time. What dose are you on? I have had very minimal side effects until today. Today I have felt bloated and achey. I am not in pain but uncomfortable. I really hope that pickup and transfer is next week since I have taken the week off. I hope that things are going smoothly for you.

Shan I hope you are well. I hope that we hear some wonderful news from you soon. The ttc journey is very frustrating but lets hope that it will all be over soon and a new an exciting journey begins.

Danni I haven't seen you in here as much as usual. Hope you are well and that you are nice and relaxed so very soon you can give us some good news.

I hope everyone else is well.

Linda

Hi everyone,

Iím hoping I might join you here. Iíve decided I should kick myself out of the Clomid thread coz I no longer really belong there so Iím now looking for a new home. I already know some people here, but certainly not everyone.

My DH and I have been TTC for over 2.5 years and weíre pretty fed up with our complete lack of progress. Weíve recently decided to embark on IVF treatment and Iím scheduled to start Synarel in about a week.

Iím finding it all a bit scary, but at the moment we are both feeling quite positive. And relatively calm about things, which has been an unexpected surprise. I said to DH we've just handed Project Pregnancy over to the experts, and generally when you call in experts to help you get to kinda hand over some of the associated stress. A bit weird maybe, but itís something like that. DH says he hasnít slept so well in ages. Iím sure our calmness wonít last after we actually get started, so Iím determined to try to make the most of it while I can!

Look forward to talking with you all and sharing the next stage of the TTC journey.

Hi Allie,

I too left the clomid thread as I felt the same as you. We have just started with IVF for the 1st time as well. I find it nice to know that I can talk to others who are in the same situation. There are a few of us who are around the same stage so lets hope that it is a very successful couple of months.

We are currently on the Gonal needles and waiting to find out when the follicles are big enough for pickup. Overall I have had little side effects so that is good. I had an ultrasound on Friday where they upped my needle dosage slightly. Last night I woke up very bloated which was weird, I found it very difficult to get back to sleep as I felt so achey. I started to get nervous about having to take my next needle but when I woke up this morning I felt fine.

I hope everything goes smoothly for you.

Linda

Yay Allie....it is so lovely to see that you have joined us in here. As with Linda and yourself, i too left the clomid thread for the same reason, but you know whats going on with me, so i wont bore you again with it all.......

Good luck with the IVF, and isn't it true that you tend to sleep better when you're more relaxed about stuff and not constantly obsessing about TTC so much....Fingers crossed hun!

Welcome Allie - Hoping you get your BFP soon

Linda - I am on 150 Gonal. The last 2 days when DH has done my injection it really hurts doesn't matter which side of my tummy he does and boobs are really sore............kinda of they hurt like a week before my period.............strange..... read my IVF stuff and it doesn't say anything about sore boobs. Anyone else get sore boobs on gonal. I have another scan tomorrow. I hope you get your pick up date and also ask how many follies there are.

Jade

Hi Allie

Good Luck with your first cycle. I hope it all goes well for you. I have to admit that my first cycle (which I started in June 06) was much better than I expected. While I have the occassional day/s of feeling yuck it was not that bad. Keeping in mind I was expecting to be a snivelling psycho chicken, who gorged on choccies and plotted my DH's demise, heh heh heh.

Jade, I was on 225 Gonal and went through a stage of having really sore BB for a few days straight, they felt like they were burning, weird huh! Good luck with your scan

Sar

Hi Allie and welcome.. I wish you all the best for the upcoming IVF cycle and hopefully you won't have to hang around to long on this part of the forum... Oh i just noticed you have been trying for as long as my DH and I january 2004... be nice if we could bb together.. keep us updated... love and hugs leis xx

Hi Allie welcome to this forum, we all understand how scary and daunting IVF can be, but rest assured there are so many ladies here that can help try to relieve some of your anxiety and answer any questions you may have.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast