Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - June/July 2006 #2

Jade, that is wonderful news on your seven special ones - Grow little ones GROW! Fingers crossed for some great grade blasts !

That is great Jade. I hope everything else goes as smoothly as it has been. I will be thinking of you.

I am still waiting for a call to tell me when I will have my trigger shot tonight. Getting a bit nervous.

I had a second good friend of mine tell me they are pregnant within days of each other. As much as I am happy for them I found it a bit difficult and nearly wished they had waited a bit to tell me. Am I being unfair?

Linda

Hi Girls

My boobs are killing me when I walk they hurt. I thought maybe after the EPU they soreness would subside. Anyone else have this or had that????????????

Thanks Shari

Keen - Thanks matey..............how r u going??????? Long time no talk

Linda - I don't think it is unfair. I had one of my best friends announce her pregnancy but I was happy for her cos she has been trying as long as we'd have and she understands. But friends who fall pregnant quickly and easily don't have a understanding of what a emotional rollercoaster long term TTC is. I do get a bit upset but of course still happy for them when friends tell me they are pregnant. Try not to let it get you down you have heaps of great people on BB to share the ups & downs and I guess I have found talking to people that are in the same situation makes it much easier to cope cos you are not the only one......geee I have rambled on sorry about that.

Jade

I guess I was a bit upset because my husband couldn't understand why I was feeling the way I was. I am trying so hard to be strong and positive and I don't want to feel jealous. It just hurts to hear there good news especially when they hardly had to try.

Sorry about that, I just want all this to be over with success as the result.

Linda

Linda - seriously it is totally normal, understandable and expected that you would feel that way when told of a friend's pregnancy. Doesnt make you a bad person. Doesnt mean you dont wish her all the best - you just also wish you could be celebrating along with her. Its such a bittersweet time when a friend/co-worker announces they are expecting and again when they give birth....

Fingers crossed this cycle does the trick and you are announcing your bfp soon.... (you too Jade!)

Jade - Im well. Taking things easy right now. Back at work which is a good distraction... sometimes.... although the 7 women that are pg in my office is making it difficult at times... but I do my best to avoid those bellies and any belly related discussion . We are still hoping for our miracle, but trying to be realistic and also not get our lives too caught up in it for a little while - it has been the main focus of our lives for so long now and we need to focus on other things for a bit. Cant wait to see your bfp after this cycle!

Morning Girls

Well we still have 7 embies and they are all at 4 cells so 95% I will be having my ET on Monday. I will know for sure tomorrow.

Linda - How are you going?

How is everyone else going?

Jade

Hi everyone,

Well I am better today. I was a bit emotional yesterday and I guess I was frustrated that my husband thought I shouldn't be upset. last night I took the trigger needle which was fine. DH and I were a bit disagreeable with each other. Well when he went to administer the needle he firstly started by trying to get the air bubble out of the needle and in the mean time spilt a few drops which got me even more frustrated. I hope all is alright with the slightly less dose. Oh well what can we do now. DH and I are ok tonight after sleeping on it.

Tomorrow morning is my PU. Excited and nervous. Thankfully it is at 9 so we don't need to stress to long. I am thinking of having a massage on Sunday to relax for Monday.

Great to Hear that your follies are doing so well Jade. We will be in doing our transfer on the same day. Hopefully we will both have wonderful news at the end. I read about the 2 day transfer and some clinics prefer it due to the decline of follies surviving till day 5. It is so hard putting all of your trust in your dr's decision. All you can do is trust their expertise. I did read that once they reach 5 day transfer they do have a better chance of staying pregnant but what they are trying to say is sometimes the risks of waiting till they reach blast is better to go for the 2. ?????

Keen thankyou for your kind words. I really hope that now that you have taken your mind off falling pregnant that your little miracle happens.

I will let you kow tomorrow how everything goes.

Linda

Linda - I would be pretty sure that a few drops short of the dose will still be ok. I think the massage may be a very nice idea... although I would suggest checking with your doc first.

Jade - great news about your thriving little eggies!

Good morning everyone! I'm just back from a very yummy breakfast out and so having a good day so far.

Linda Good luck today with your EPU, I am thinking of you today.

Jade That's fantastic about all your strong little ones. Go embies go!

Me, My registration visit went well last week and I'm finding the clinic staff very nice and supportive. I'm starting my Synarel spray this evening but admit I'm feeling slightly apprehensive about it. At this stage I think I'm mostly nervous about forgetting doses and messing everything up. I am going to put an alarm on my mobile (if I can work out how) to try to help me remember.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Hi all,

Well I am back from my PU and they managed to get 10 eggs which is great. I don't remember anything besides a bit of small talk when I went in and then in recovery. I feel a bit sore but other than that all went well and we'll see what tomorrow brings.

Allie good luck with the synarel. I was a bit apprehensive as well but you get used to it. You are not far behind us.

Jade how is the wait going? I wish you luck for Monday.

I might go relax in front of the TV. Lots of Hugs to you all.

Linda

~Jane~ Guest

Hi everyone

Gosh it's been so long since I posted. Silly computer was in the repair shop for over 2 weeks.

I have lost where everyone is up to and will get caught up soon. I see there are a few new faces as well. I won't attempt personals today as I am a bit out of touch.

Well we had some good news. DH had his follow up with the andrologist and his varicocele procedure was a huge success. His sperm count is quite normal now (actually it spins me out how high it is) and he only has 50% abnormalities. So anyone thinking about getting varicoceles fixed I would give it a big thumbs up. But we are still not pregnant so I am off to see my new FS on tuesday still. So we'll see what happens there, at least we only have to worry about my endo which I always knew we would as opposed to his and hers problems.

I hope everyone is well. Best of luck to everyone having pickups and transfers this week, I'll be thinking of you all.

I'll check in after the next appointment with an update.

Yehhh for Jano and DH.......This is such a positive thing hun!!! Now it looks like you and I are both in same situation, our DHs are good it is just you and i with the endo..... wicked stuff that it is... I had my period the other day, (obviously no luck for us this month just gone) and wow, i only took two panandol!!! I can't remember how long it has been since it felt like this!! I don't think natural conception for DH and I will happen for a while, thats if it is going to happen, as my body is still healing... but i am getting there!!!!

All the best for your FS appointment and I will be thinking of you hun...

to everyone else.... love leis xx

~Jane~ Guest

Leis - I was thinking of you when we found out trying to remember how long you are going to try yourselves before getting help again. I think we should give it a good run by ourselves and see how we go but will wait to see what the FS says on Tuesday. Talk about blow me over with a feather I just about went into shock, DH made him repeat the results as we thought he was joking.

Big hi to everyone else, have a lovely Sunday everyone and take it easy

Jano, originally i thought about 12 months but now i am thinking 8... to 6?? I don't know the change??? I do think i have luteal phase defect. I ovulate and then 9-10 days later i get my period, which to me and according to my research shows my progesterone is low. So i am going to see me GP and get some day 21 bloods done. I was even thinking about going on clomid and met?? I will see how the bloods come back and go and see Coopsy again soon, he is back from his holiday so i will go and chat with him..I just really want to avoid having to go through IVF again, although i do know if we had to go there again, we would have alot better chance due to the endo removal. And if i am having no pain during my period that has to mean good things??? Any ideas hun for me???

Love leis xx

linda thats great!!!

Good luck to you girls having your transfers today!! My fingers and toes are crossed for you and i hope that you get a nice strong BFP in a few weeks.

Well you all know the story of me with my SIL and her pregnancy, well, she had a little boy on Thursday night, and he is absolutely gorgeous. All of the ill feelings i had at the start of her pregnancy have totally disappeared, and i am the proudest aunt on the planet. His name is Ryan Glenn and he was 7lb 9. He has a little blonde mullet and is soooo cute.

Well that's it for me.....it's time for ANOTHER visit i think...

Catch up soon

Hi all,

Well we are back from the transfer and boy is it weird. I don't know whether I should lay down or continue as normal.

The embryo that they put back in was multiplying well( 5 cells) so hopefully it will continue to. I felt a bit rushed though when I was there. While I was getting changed into the gown before the transfer he was telling me how many fertilised through the curtain where it would have been nice if he waited. Anyway he told me that 7 fertilised but 4 were abnormal which I heard DH ask why and all I heard was sometimes that happens. I would have liked to talk to him about that because it might shed some light on why we are having difficulty falling pregnant. Well I got on the chair and we saw on the screen our little embryo so I was distracted. It was all very quick and now it is a waiting game. I am excited and nervous.

How are you Jade? We will more than likely be doing our pregnacy test on the same day. I am crossing all my fingers for both of us.

Well it's back to the couch for me.

Linda

Shan - Thank you for your kind words.

Linda - I have my fingers crossed for you Linda. Were they able to freeze any of the remainder?? I am having my blood test on 28th July. When is yours?

Well transer went well we had two blatocysts and they also think that some of the others will make it to blatocyst stage as well. We opted to transfer one blatocyst. I was very emotional through the procedure and it seeing the embryo on the screen made it all so real. I am ok now I think it was just such a build up to get where we were today. So as DH all we can do is wait and I said what's another 11 days when it's almost been 2 years. I am aiming to keep myself busy for the next 11 days.

to everyone else.

Jade

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast