Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - June/July 2006 #2

Hello Girls

Twomums & DJ - Wishing you all the best for your next IVF cycle.

Cherie - I am not too sure but I am positive one of the girls here will be able to answer your question. Have a great time in Sydney.

Megan - Good luck with all the tests. Could be a implant dip I will check your chart.

Linda - How are you going?

Well a week from today I have my blood test. I am not feeling overly confident at the moment I do not feel any different and maybe I am just trying to protect myself IYKWIM. I would like to test before the blood test any idea when I start to POAS?????????

to everyone else

Jade

DJ Guest

Hello,
    Thanks for all your welcomes ladies.

Thanks for your advice Sushee & Leis about the synarel. AF finally showed up - a week late. yahoo! How could anyone be excited about her actually showing up!!!!

Hey Megan - my last IVF cycle only had a short LP too. I started spotting at about day 12 too and then almost too the hour of my ET AF showed up. DOH!!! I don't think that cycle was to do with the synarel though - cause I have started synarel in prep for another IVF and AF showed up 7 days late. So I think that my cycles are messed up because of the drugs in general....perhaps other ladies have had the same problem as yourself!!

Jade - I heard that the trigger injection or the crinonne can give false positives??? Don't know which.....sorry can't really help. Good luck though!

Cherie - It only takes one more little sperm to meet with one little eggie! Hope it goes well...have a good time in Sydney

Sari - I secretly have been keeping an eye out for your postings too!! Please don't confuse me with a stalker...LOL but I had seen that AJ & Skyelar had all gone onto the pregnancy forum and had wondered if I was the only ex-clomidian left. Oh well - its kinda nice to know someone from the "old" days...hehehehehe Looking at your cycle for FET we will be going around the same time.

Cheers guy Deb

Quote Originally Posted by DJ
    I heard that the trigger injection or the crinonne can give false positives??? Don't know which.....
    I'm pretty sure it's the trigger injection, which is hcg, and the same hormone that pregnancy tests test for. It's only really a problem if you test too early .... which was good for me because it stopped me spending a fortune on HPT last cycle

janee Guest

all...I have been mia for some time now, as I didn't want to bring everyone down...fell into a bit of a slump after our first IVF attempt failed....well, back up there now. Doing a natural FET cycle, which is soooo much more sane and less stressful.
    I wish all of you well. I have faith that there will be at least a few BFP's here soon!
    Take care

Janee

Hey there Janee
    Nice to have you back. I know what you mean about falling in a bit of a slump - it's sort of a letdown when you've had all your hopes built up around the first cycle working. I wish you all the best with your FET cycle.

janee Guest

Thanks Cherie..yes you're right. I thought we were being sensible about IVF working first go, but then boy did I tumble. Interestingly, the dr also thought that we would have had first time success, although, he didn't say so until our review appt afterwards. So, back on the rollercoaster that is assisted conception! I feel more accepting of the reality that it very well may not work, and then we face a decision about where to from there? For us, the end of the year is my deadline.....then what will be, will be (says me now, but surely to change my mind a hundred times over!)
    Hope you're all having a good weekend.
    Take care

Janee

Morning everyone....

Sorry i've been MIA for a while. I haven't had much time to jump on lately, with all my aunty duties etc.....hehehe

First of all....hello to all the newbies if i haven't said hello before. There has been an influx in here lately, and i can't remember who i have welcomed and who i haven't. Glad to see you all with us however, saying that, i hope you all clear out of here quick smart and into the pg threads.

Deb - Good luck with your 2nd round of IVF. I hope that this one is sucessful for you.

Jade & Linda - I have everything crossed for you two. GL and i'll be waiting for that PG announcement.

Megan - Hi I hope that i was an implantation dip that you had and that you'll be announcing a BFP along side of Jade & Linda...GL

Cherie - Good to see you back hun.....Bummer about this cycle, but i hope that the IUI does the trick instead...Fingers Crossed & have a great time in Sydney...

Janee - hi sweetheart. How are you holding up? I'm so pleased to see that you are going again and i know in my heart that this is the one!!! Good luck

To everyone else..... and i hope you are all choofing along nicely...

Me - well same old same old here. Nothing new to report. Am now up to CD90 (why do i have the feeling that this is the longest one yet?). What's the bet that AF shows up on Saturday when i have a huge Reunion Dinner to go to for our Footy Club. That would be just my luck hey....and being one of the organisers, it's not like i can just go home coz i feel like crap!!!. Oh well....the way it's going, i don't think she'll show her head. I'm refusing to buy any more HPT's, but i sent off for a lullaby one, but am still waiting for it in the mail, so i might use that when i get it.

Hope you are all enjoying your weekend, and i'll catch up soon...

baby_love Guest

Hello Lovelies,

Firstly a big hello and welcome to all the newbies....all the very best to you all and I hope you don't have to hang around in here for too long

Hi to all my old buddies, sorry I have been MIA bur I have had sooooo much going on with work etc. It has gotten totally out of control. Well, self inflicted really cause I'm trying to keep myself busy so I don't think about this whole TTC thing all day every day lol.
    Shan - hi honey, IKWYM in regards to AF - mine has not shown itself either, I'm on cycle day 50 or something to that effect!!! Waiting patiently though cause we want to go ahead with our FET when AF finally decides to make an appearance.

Janee - Sorry about this cycle. I hope that the next cycle goes well for you. Sending all my love.....

Jade & Linda - Good luck to both of you - keeping everything crossed....can't wait for those announcements!!!

Quick question: If AF does not show up in the next 3 weeks or so...what happens if I want to go ahead with my FET. Is there an option of bringing on AF (ie; with provera or similar) and will that have an effect on the FET cycle, or do I really have to wait until she shows up herself, because that could mean I have to sit here for another few months lol !!!!
    Anyways hope all is well with everybody and I will promise to check in more often and keep myself updated !!!!
    Lots of Love,
    Alex
    Last edited by baby_love; July 24th, 2006 at 11:47 AM.

Hi Alex...i can't see how bringing on AF would effect your FET. I know when i had to take Primolut to bring on AF, I asked if it would effect my cycles or anything, and they just said that the primolut mimicks the last 7 days of your cycle with hormones etc, and once you stop it after 7 days, AF will arrive and it will just shed your lining like in a normal cycle, so i don't think it will effect your FET (but someone please speak up if i am wrong!!!)

ok guys...i was being all patient and sane seen as how i had to have a rest cycle for July, but I"M REALLY STARTING TO GET NERVOUS... I am day 26 and can feel AF coming. Last cycle in June (which got cancelled because i only made two eggs) i was on 150ui of GF and this time i will be on 300 ui... how many eggs is usual on this stuff??? i mean i want plenty of eggs this time. I've been searching the net and some women get 16 eggs on 150 ui and i only made 2!! So now i'm wondering if i will only make 4 or was it a once off and i will make 50 eggs because i am going on such a high dose!! Please girls i need to know how many eggs others made...

Sorry Megan....can't help you out with this one. Hope the other girls who have been through it can...

Megan - it is absolutely impossible to say how well you will respond and how many eggs you will get. I am an over-responder .... never any less than 40 follicles on 75ui (mind you that doesnt mean an egg in every follicle), the most eggs I have had was 26. But one thing to keep in mind, having so many can often reduce the quality of them - so to have 10-12 is apparently more ideal.

Hope it all goes very well for you.... feel free to ask any other questions, anytime!

Just popping in to say the temp dip wasn't implantation....it was damn AF! How dare she show up days early?
    Oh well, DH has his follow up SA on Wednesday and I am booked for an ultrasound on 8th of August.
    We also registered today for an infertility seminar/info session at Monash IVF which is on Aug 15th. Just wondering if anyone else has been to one of these and is it worth going along? I just don't know how much it's going to cover and if I have already researched so much myself that I might be falling asleep in my chair?! At the very least, I guess it will be good for DH.

Hi everyone,

Well Like you Jade I am having mixed feelings about the success this month. I have been cramping on and off for a few days now and I never take that as a good sign. All I feel like doing is laying in bed all day but that won't help. I am trying to stay positive but it is getting harder. There is such a lead up with all the proceedures and then you get into a bit of a slump. I don't know how others do this continually. I am feeling a bit drained.

I hope that I am wrong.

Linda

Good morning ladies,
    Was wondering if you would mind if i joined you in here? I've been hanging out in the TTC 6months+ thread but think it's time i moved on from there. I see a few familiar faces in here but for those who don't know me DH and i have been TTC for almost 15 months with no luck (although we have had two chemical pregnancies). All the tests we've had so far have showed no reason why we haven't been succuessful - we had our last lot of tests a few weeks ago and go back tomorrow night to find out the results.

Look forward to chatting to you all.
    Boo

hi girls,

well i have deceided after more than two years of ttc i am going to move over here. The ttc 6+ thread is way too crowded and lets face it I have been trying a little longer than 6 months!

Hope to catch up and get to know you all soon!

Racheal

Hi Girls,

Megan - sorry to hear that AF turned up for you....big hugs

Boo and Zap...welcome, and yes, it is crowded over in the 6+ months. Much quieter in here, and you'll get to know everyone in no time...The 6+months thread did 4 pages in 24hrs...it's hard to keep up, but i try my best....good luck to you both and i hope you get your BFP's soon...

Hi to everyone else....mwah..

Boo & Zap, welcome! It's nice to have you here. IKWYM about the 6+months thread. I just can't keep up in there so don't post there often. I have been in the TTC threads with both of you girls this entire TTC journey so far. Lets hope we can all have a happy ending to it soon.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast