Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - March 2007

Well after having an extremely bad night's sleep last night my Dh came in before he went to work & said 'happy pregnancy day' (something silly we often say) so I guess after sleeping on it he's daring to dream.

I went to have my b/t this morning & on the way there I heard our wedding song on radio which you hardly ever hear because it's an old one & I couldn't help but think everything was coming together for us.

So I have just phoned for results & it is I am just so excited after all this time it's finally happened.
    I just didn't think it ever would, so there is always hope!

The ladies hadn't even had a chance to let my f/s know yet but she said there was no way she could not tell me the fantastic news.
    So as soon as I got off the phone I had a bit of a cry, boy have I been emotional & moody the last few days!!!

So my levels were 67 (which she said was great, but I have no idea) & that usually you have another b/t in 4 days so I guess I just have to hope that this little one will stick!

I can't wait to officially tell Dh when he gets home which is another 3 hours away.

So I know things may still not work out but I just want to say thank you to all you lovely ladies who have supported me throuhg this tough time, I really don't know how I would have survived without belly belly.
    Thanks to Nic, Boo & Megan who have been on here since I began & their thoughts & advice have been greatly appreciated & I just wish that I could make all of your dreams come true like mine have today.

Nic - had the cramps all last night & thought for sure af would be here this morning.

Jo - 27 (treated endo)
    Dh - 33
    TTC #1 since June 2005
    First chlomid / IUI Jan/Feb 2007 - BFN
    Second chlomid / IUI March 2007 -

JO - that's fabulous news hun - i'm so happy you were able to confirm it. sending you lots and lots of sticky vibes and wishing you all the best for your follow up BT.

Jo, I am so happy for you!!!
    It's so lovely to hear fantastic news like this, especially after the week I have been having. You've made my day now that it's all "official".

Great news Jo - must be hard not being able to tell DH straight away.

Alex Guest

Jo, Congratulations! It's really great to hear some good news.

I've been swamped at work and have not had the chance to even pop in and read what's been going on. I hope everyone is OK. I'm finally finishing next week and tying up loose ends this week. I am really looking forward to concentrating on my health and trying to get pg.

I'm going to start temperature testing again, and see if it gets me anywhere this time. My acupuncturist is full of positive things to say, but I'm not so sure. Still, it's worth a try.

2 weeks to go until the genetic blood tests results.

OMG OMG ive not been able to get on for a few days (dont ask!!!)and looky what happens congrats Jo im hoping its the stickiest ever for you too now keep those legs crossed.well done (i did have a feeling for you this cycle)

Megan im so sorry to hear of your news i read it in your sig and had to look back through all the post to find out what happened. xx please pm me when ever you like.

Well i went to my old FS at monash and it seens that things over there have come a long way in the last 12 months we talked about everything !!and really felt like i got my money's worth when i walked out of there!!lol

Anyway i dont know if'll get this all right so please bear with me......some of the things he told me were that they (his clinic) are now prefering to grow all embies to blasties as the success rate is 60% whereas day 3 is 40% and i said well i have 8 embies in the deep freese and he said thats not a problem as we can thaw all of them and re freese in a 'new' culture medium that will not damanage the little embies i said i wasnt sure so in going to do a day 4 Tf (never heard of that either!!!) and hopefully they will have made it to blastie by then anyway!

he also said if i do a blastie tf i dont need to start taking the P4 untill the day of Tf where i always believed that it was a coulple of day before for day 5?

gosh my brain is really fried at the mo so need to go and make lunches then chill out DH is working late

Lou, I've been wondering were you were!
    Maybe I will see you in the waiting room at Monash one of these days!! Who is your FS there?

Just checking in again... I'm really struggling with headaches at the moment and being absolutely petrified of my levels being wrong again.

Jo, so happy to hear that you've got it all officially now. Sending truckloads of sticky vibes your way.

Lou, I've been missing you! I'm glad to see that you seem so much more positive about the old clinic and what's ahead. I'm hoping it works out.

Megan, I'm so very sorry your two little snow bubs didn't make it. I really can't imagine how it must feel. I hope your next cycle is a lot more successful and those silly nurses start to listen to you soon!

BW

BW, I have everything crossed for you that Friday's results will be what you need them to be. In the mean time, I hope you can find the time to relax a bit in the hope that your headaches will ease up.

Ooooh! Megan, I think you may have just hit the nail on the head there! You just suddenly reminded me in a weird kind of way about the stress headaches I had at the end of 2005. I've recently reduced the dose of the anti depressents that were keeping them in check, so I'm now wondering if I can't blame it all on the lucrin and I need to stay on the higher dose a bit longer... nobody can say IVF isn't stressful! I think I'll give it a go for a few days back on the higher dose and see how I go.

BW

YAY Jo!! I'm so happy for you I have tears in my eyes
    How did your DH react when you gave him the official news?
    Sending you lots of sticky vibes

Nic

Nic - Dh was so excited when I told him the 'official' news, men are just so different to us.
    I mean we can hold on to the tiniest thing clinging for hope & they seem so cool about it all, which is just as well I guess with our emotions.
    He just couldn't actually believe it until he had a confirmed result.

Just got back from telling my parents which I was a little nervous about doing so soon but I just needed to tell somebody & they were over the moon as this will be the first grandchild.
    I just pray that this little bubba sticks like glue!

Lou - things are sounding + for you, I will be keeping an eye on you.
    In fact I'm going to start stalking you all until you get your most deserved BFP's.

Bw - hope your headaches are starting to a least ease if not gone alltogether.

So I'm off to see my cousin tomorrow she had a baby boy a couple of weeks ago.
    Not sure how I'm going to react, if I wasn't pg I would probably cry when I hold him but with the way my emotions are right now I'll probably cry anyway.

It's just nice after the couple of deaths we've had in our family over the last 6 months that finally there is some good news & we can get together & have a smile & a laugh, I wont be telling anyone for awhile yet though.

Jo - 27 (treated endo)
    Dh - 33
    TTC #1 since June 2005
    First chlomid / IUI Jan/Feb 2007 - BFN
    Second chlomid / IUI March 2007 -

Jo - i'm so so happy for you! I had tears welling in my eyes when i read your post this morning. It's been a long journey but you've finally got there - i'm sending you a truck load of stickyvibes. Congratulations xx

Sammi Jane Guest

Jo - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

I am so happy for you! You must be absolutely over the moon. I can only imagine how exciting it must be after so long trying... I'm hoping I won't be too far behind you.

Sending you loads of sticky vibes! Enjoy your great news.

Jo, that is such great news!!!! Sending plenty of sticky vibes your way. Congratulations!!!!!

Hi all,
    Bit peeved now so i'm going to have a rant...
    Just found out that we have to do ICSI now as well. DH has had 3 SAs which he has always passed with flying colours (he loves to tell people). Well now i have to burst his bubble (so to speak). Turns out they have poor morphology.
    This just peeves me off as we have been TTC for soooo long now, and we spent the first 2 years thinking i had PCOS (which i DON'T have) and wasting time and money on Clomid cycles. And the masses of endo that i had were completely missed. So after the lap was done and endo removed, we waited to conceive naturally - now we find out that that was probably never going to happen either.
    How do these things get missed??!!
    And ICSI is just more money too, when we had always budgeted for just the IVF cost.

Sorry guys - rant over.
    Hope everyone has a good day - thanks for listening

DJTT Jo - Congratulations - how wonderfully exciting - and how wonderful for your parents - their first grandchild - sending you loads of stickvibes.

Kotare Jo - So sorry that you are being mucked about. I am starting to wonder if there should be a public service announcement on TV that says "if you are going to start TTCing we suggest that you both go and have every possible test under the sun to work out what is going on" it would save so much time in so many cases. I know with me at each hurdle they said "Ok that is fixed - go BD" and then when nothing happened we would discover the next 'problem'. DP and I are down to ICSI too so sending you loads of cyber hugs.

gina Guest

Hi Jo,

I am so happy to hear your fantasic news that i cried. I am also awaiting my results from blasto cycle on monday. You are so lucky and you are blessed with sticky sticky vibes. Let us know of your progress. CONGRATULATIONS

Hi Kotare,

Dont be disheartened. I had probs with the docs telling me one diagnosis and then doing something completely diff too. I was told i had tubes and then told they were severley damaged and had none. Who do you believe? I know how you feel. Poor thing. I really understand how this is stuffing your hope. If you want to talk anytime send me a message darling. I think that if you stop trying you will feel like your missing out. Dont give up!!!

xoxoxox Gina

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast