Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - March 2007

Hi Kim,

Just wanted to say that I know exactly where you're coming from...
    SIL had her first baby in August last year, and is already 3 months PG with baby no 2..... that will be 2 babies in a year!!!!!!!!!
    This is a woman that was never going to have children - wasn't interested, and is still suffering quite badly with post natal depression (her baby is 7 months old).
    She had a baby because her DH desperately wanted it...
    It truly makes you wonder about the sense of humour of the universe sometimes..... I often look at people that have children & either didn't want them, had them for the wrong reason, etc and are able to fall pg at the slightest thought of doing so... its just heart wrenching.
    DH & I have been TTC before SIL even met her husband... and they have gotten married & conceived 2 babies and we're still stuck in the same spot as where we were 5 yrs ago
    I ended up in a big fight with DH a few days ago because when all of this got a little on top of me (2 friends also giving birth in the last 2 weeks as well) I lost it a little, and his response was that he couldn't see my problem... we're not in competition with any of these people so why do I care.... theres just no point even arguing about it with him because he just doesn't get it
    Saying that, though, I was FURIOUS with him at the time!
    But what can we do....
    I did what you are doing atm a few days ago... cried for the larger part of the day, and it just stinks because nothing can make you feel better.
    Sending lots of hugs and wishes your way and hope you feel better soon....

Holly
    xxx

BG - hope you have recovered well from your surgery!
    One hurdle out the way, now for the next.

EJE - good luck in your tww.

Shannon - sorry to hear of your Dh grandfather's passing.
    I am in the tww as well & it's dragging for me too.

Megan - wishing you all the best for wednesday!!!

Kim - we all know how you feel about others getting pg so easily, we all know someone close to us that has absolutely no trouble & it doesn't seem fair.
    If it makes you feel any better, I'm willing to bet her life isn't perfect!
    She may be able to have kids but I'm sure she is lacking in other things that are important in life.

Well I am 11dp IUI & I am just too scared to do a hpt.
    I am so scared that it is going to be another bfn, I think I will just wait till Thursday to get my b/t.

The wedding went well & no one directly asked me why I wasn't drinking but the couple I was sitting next too said to my Dh 'Jo' pg isn't she'.
    How rude some people are but I'm just glad they didn't say that to me.
    Another person asked me where my little ones were so people just expect you to have children, so that was kinda uncomfortable & Dh was in bridal party so I was pretty much on my own with these statements.
    Oh well other than that it was a beautiful wedding.

Jo - 27 (treated endo)
    Dh - 33
    TTC #1 since June 2005
    First chlomid / IUI Jan/Feb 2007 - BFN
    Second chlomid / IUI March 2007 - fingers crossed!
    this will be the year!

Holly Your arguements are mirrorred here as well. Guys really do have different brains to us.
    Jo Im glad the wedding went well but BLAHHHHHHHHH to all those nosey people. Some people just dont get it to mind their own business. I hope everything goes well, whether this is when you do as HPT or hold you to your BT

Jo - Hope all goes well on Thursday for your B/T.

Holly - Summer said it all...Guys really do have different brains to us! Sending you lots of hugs.

Nic

Hope your going well Nic xoxo

Hi Girls

Hope everyone is well...Well its another goer, we had the ultrasound and bloods on saturday and Kim had a pretty strong response to the clomid this time. 1 x 16mm on one side and 2 x 14 on the other side, estrogen was a massive 760 and it was only day 11!!!! They like to see levels of 200 -600 per mature follicle so by tuesday it should be well and truely, considering they still have a few days left to grow. We triggered last night at 6pm and the IUI is tomorrow morning which will be day 14!! Pretty close to perfect i'd say....Fingers crossed xxx

Megan, I hope everything continues to go perfectly for you guys this cycle!

Hi Girls,
    Had a bit of a meltdown today. I was Godmother to my best friend's girl yesterday. It really was lovely to be asked and I love that I got to do it but it was really hard standing up there with them and then all day with everyone oohing and aahhing over her all day. Happy and sad over the whole thing which didnt come out till today. (I tend to melt down just after the stressful situation) We had a hit of tennis, which I totally suck at and I got in a downer at myself and decided to walk home while DH had a hit with friends. Anyhow it is 8km I think and I was walking along wondering why he didnt come get me and when I got home I found he had been home and then went out looking for me, without his phone! So then I stressed about how bad I was thinking all those nasty things about him when he was doing the right thing. It turned out he went a different way which is why he didnt see me etc etc. When he got home I was in tears. blah blah blah. I am such an emotional idoit!!!and this is BEFORE the drugs!! Cant wait till next week when I have hormonal hell as well.
    Enough about me, I hope everyone in the TWW is coping ok. Hope all you girls are going wonderfully and growing those sticky little embies in there. Wishing the days away for you so testing gets here sooner for you all.
    hi to everyone else.....
    Big hugs from Sazz

Megan Time is certainly flying, I cant believe its time for IUI tomorrow. for you & Kim
    Megan How are you going?
    Sazz Hun, Only a guy would have taken the other way to look for you! Dont be too hard on yourself. I hope all goes well for you next week and the drugs dont have too many side effects for you.

Bit of a weird question here... not sure if I want to post it publicly in a new thread... but lucrin - aching boobs and slight nipple discharge is normal or not?

I know, call the clinic and ask... but I'm flat out at work for the next few days, and I'm not sure if that's a question I want to ask from there - even behind closed doors I'm paranoid that others will hear. I'm going in there on Friday for a blood test and will ask then. Unless someone tells me this is something I really should panic about.

BW

Sammi Jane Guest

BW - I'm not sure about the discharge but I've had swollen tender sore boobs since starting the drugs.

Well I had my EPU yesterday and they got 17 eggs. Waiting very anxiously on the call to say how many fertilised. I feel sick with worry. I only have to wait till 10am but it's going to drag... and then they might not call on time... arrghhh!!! I'm in more pain than I expected. I'm back at work today, but feeling very fragile.

I hope everyone else is well, I can't think straight to write personals.... sorry.

Sammi- Ive been wondering how you were going? I had my transfer last Fri. out of 10 eggs only 4 fertilised with ICSI and only 3 made it to day three so Ive transfered 2 and frozen one! A bit disappointed with the ferilisation results- i now think my eggs are getting old- God im paranoid!

I dont feel any different though! I just think you would get some sort of different feeling, but I havent!- im extremelly negative too!

All the best with your fertilisation and tranfer let me know how you go!

Sammi Jane Guest

Hi Kim,

Well, only 7 of my 17 eggs fertilised. So about the same % rate as you. I am very disappointed too. I was hoping for more, obviously. The scientist explained that by day 5 you should have about a third so I'll probably only have 2 by Saturday. I know I only need one, but I guess I'm already thinking that if it doesn't work I have to go through the whole thing again instead of a FET.

I wonder if it is our eggs???? I asked the scientist about that and she said they can't really tell if it's a sperm or an egg issue if they don't fertilise. Not much help really?!

So now I have to try to stay positive and not stress for the rest of the week and wait for ET on Saturday. This is going to be a very hard week....

Fingers crossed for you - I hope it sticks!!!! Try to stay positive, try to picture your little embie implanting itself into your uterus - make it happen!! Are you on Crinone?? I have to start that tonight and I'm really not looking forward to it!! Apparently it's yuck!

Sending lots of positive vibes your way.

Sam x

Hi there Sammi!

Looks like your in the same boat I am! Ive just gotten the bill and its HUGE! because my DH had to have a testicular biopsy as well which was an additional $1500 and like you if this doesnt work I have 1 embie left and the back to square one! and Im getting older by the second!!!

Im taking pregnl injections 4 times after transfer and im also taking clexane injenctiona everyday for my blood because apparently on one of the millions of BT's I took it showed something that could make me misscarry!- GREAT!

Ok lets hope for the best! hope your transfer goes OK, make sure DH is there to hold your hand!
    me and you!

Twomums - good luck with the IUI!

Sazz - big hugs to you, hope your feeling better today.

Sam - sorry your a little dissapointed but like you said you only need one, fingers crossed for you.

Well this morning I caved & did a hpt - OH MY GOD there was a line!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    This is the first time I have ever had a second line does this mean it's a ?
    It is definately not as dark as other line but it is as thick & came up straight away, I keep going in every 10 minutes to make sure it's still there.

I don't no what to think, I think I'm jinxing it by just posting about it.
    I have read where you can get false + so I'm a little cautious atm, I just feel totally sick because I want it so bad but what if it's wrong?

I am 12dpo today & supposed to be having b/t on Thursday but I am thinking maybe I should go tomorrow.
    I also think maybe I should go & buy another hpt just in case, I used a crystal clear this morning.

Oh my god I don't know what to do, I am such a wreck atm, lucky I'm not at work today.
    The only inkling I have had this month is that at 7dpo I had a pimple break out (I usually only get 1 pimple say every 6 months) & my skin was just not right.
    That day & the next I didn't have cramping but my tummy felt weird, not sure if I can explain it but it definately wasn't cramps.
    I also noticed a bit darker blue veins on boobs but thought that was because it was hot.
    Do I dare believe it could be true?

Jo - 27 (treated endo)
    Dh - 33
    TTC #1 since June 2005
    First chlomid / IUI Jan/Feb 2007 - BFN
    Second chlomid / IUI March 2007 -
    this will be the year!

OMG - Jo - that's awesome news - i'd definitely be doing a follow up tes just to check, but sounds really promising. fingers crossed that this is it for you!!!

TwoMum's - good luck with the IUI.

tow everyone else - huge cyber hugs and hope you're haivng a good day. still can't seeem to keep track of everyone at the moment!

Sammi Jane Guest

Jo - wow, that sounds really promising!!! I hope this is your BFP!!!! How exciting!!!!

Kim - let's hope that you won't need that frozen embie! The injections sound like a better option - I've got pessaries of gel that sound yuck! Oh well... only another 2 weeks of this hell journey.... How was your transfer?? Is it ok?? I'm trying not to think about it, but I'm not looking forward to it. Let's be really positive that we'll get our 2007 babies. for the both of us!

Hi Ladies!!!

OMG Jo..... How exciting!!!!!!
    12dpo sounds great, and a second line is a second line!!!!
    Go and get another HPT if you like but it sounds like this is it to me!!!!
    The pimples and the dark veins were my first positive signs when I fell pg with Luke... how exciting!!!!!!

Sammi and Kim - I had the same problem as you guys my first few cycles... I know they found the reason about fertilisation % being so little was because a large majority of my eggs were immature.
    Our clinic only does EPU one day a week, so they have suggested we go to Sydney for EPU next time so we can go an extra day or two and let the eggs develop a little more.... not sure if this would be the same for you guys??????
    I'm presuming with ICSI they wouldn't have injected into an immature egg (but I don't know, really! ) but it might be worth asking out of curiosity???!
    Anyway guys, stay positive, as my DH is forever telling me... you only need one!!!

BW - I haven't been on Lucrin before, but have had aching boobs and slight discharge when I was on crinone... it was such a false hope, as the only time I had ever had nipple discharge before was during my pregnancy with Luke.... I did ask them about it at the clinic though, and they said it was just another side effect of the drugs... call if you are worried though xxx

Megan - Good Luck for tomorrow, is it tomorrow for your transfer???!!!
    There are too many personals, and I didn't go far enough back to read all of the posts Good Luck anyway!!!!

Hi to everyone else.. hope you guys are all great!!!!

Me - DH and I had a fantastic day yesterday - his first day off in weeks, and we just spent the day together, as I didn't have any lessons until after 2pm!
    We had a big chat about our never ending issue for next cycle - whether or not to change clinics... we agreed to go one more cycle with our clinic and then change if no luck.
    I feel really great about this decision... I know the FS who did my lap in Jan was adamant about us changing after 4 failed cycles, but I just feel like I'm not ready to give up with them yet!!!
    I really am comfortable with them all, and they are all just so supportive... plus if we do get a bfp, it would feel right for them to be sharing it with us....

We will be doing EPU and transfer at the Chatswood clinic rather than here on Central Coast (due to the fact that we need to do EPU a day or two longer than usual - see my message to Kim & Sammi!!!) so that might make all the difference, and actually give us some frosties for the first time ever, so we'll see.....

On another note, I can't seem to be able to get an avatar... have looked through the FAQ but still no use... I'm thinking I haven't got anough posts yet???!!!!

Hope everyone is great, and good luck and best wishes to you guys on the 2ww.....

Love Holly
    xxx

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast