Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - May 2007

Lou - are you taking oestrogen? That does all kinds of weird things to me..like that. Palpitations etc I think progesterone should be ok

Feeling pretty shattered after yesterday just feel like getting back into bed and come out again Thurs. I know I should be positive but I am really struggling with this. I haven't felt this low in our whole journey. I don't think it helps that I am now analysing every twinge and paranoid it is AF coming.

Hopefully I'll snap out of this mood when I leave the house

It's all rumours and hearsay, but i'll write it anyway...

Smudge - i have heard that blastys start really low too - just what Lou said.

Lou - i have also heard of women who get a +ve blood test but still get nothing on a POAS.

So what i'm saying is - stay strong ladies...it must be very hard, but we are all and for you.

Shannon - no-one told me to lie down - should i have been lying down?? Hope it works for you guys this time.

Jo

Good Morning everyone!!

Just thought I'd pop in and say hi - wanted to see how Lou & Smudge were doing!!
    I can't offer either of you any advice, but I'm feeling & hoping everything I can for you both... keep positive
    Lou - I remember you've mentioned before that you are a patient of Antonia's - I would love to talk to you more about her, I'm extremely excited about seeing her, but also very nervous, too... What if she says "I'm sorry, I can't help you"... aaahhh!!!!
    I've never PM'd anyone from here before, but would love to hear about anything you can tell me!
    We were originally flying down for the soccer, but its been postponed.
    We had made the app with Antonia & I wanted to keep it so we are still going down for a few days!!
    My app is Wed 6th June & she also made me an app for Thurs 7th too.. we fly home that night.
    It would be amazing to run into you!!!

Anyway, hope everyone else is doing great, my thoughts are with everyone for whatever stage you guys are at...
    Shannon - So glad to hear you had an embie to transfer!!! Keep well, and do as little as possible now!!!

Talk soon,
    Holly
    xxx

Hi Girls, I hope you don't mind me dropping in, but I just wanted to wish Lou and Smudge the very best of luck for your results this week - I have everything crossed for you guys, I truly hope this is it for both of you! Not long to go now, hang in there girls!

Smudge, I'm almost positive that Sushee got a hcg level of around 75 when she was prg with Charlie (he was also a blast) and have seen her post lots of times that blasts often have lower hcg levels to begin with. I think she might be away at the moment, so I hope she doesn't mind me saying all this on her behalf!

Smudge, hope your feeling better hun - i remember reading something (and Willow, i think it might have been from Sushee) that blasts usually end up with lower HCG levels at first BT - hold in there hun

Nic - HAPPY BIRTHDAY hun!! hope you had a great day out with your family

Lou - how you holding up sweet? fingers crossed for some great news tomorrow - i know you're not expecting good news, but it will be all the more special. fingers crossed for you hun!!

as for me - still waiting on AF - was hoping she'd show and (as weird as this sounds) make my birthday better by letting me know we can kick off again - no such luck (well, not yet anyway!!). had a nice day at work - choccies from my best mate, flowers from the girls in my team - plus got spoilt rotten by DH. having a relaxing night at home tonight - was going to go and have dinner with SIL and her kidlets, but my little nephew isn't well, and the last thing i want to do is get sick or make him any worse by adding excitement to his day... will catch up with them at the weekend i think.

Hi All
    Two birthdays on the one day inteh same thread - what are the chances (I suppose about 1/365 but I am sure BW could tell us for sure!)

Happy Birthday Nic - hope that you had a lovely day
    Happy Birthday BG - hoping that all your birthday wishes come true.

DP has just told me that he can't come to the appt tomorrow because he has a meeting that was supposed to finish today but is going to go for most of tomorrow as well. His only saving grace is that he finally told me what has been taking up all his time recently and if it all goes through it will be a wonderful free additional heath service that everyone in Australia can use - finally our taxes doing some good - BUT doesn't make me any happier about having to go myself tomorrow! Suppose on the up side I can make all the decisions

hmmm, tough situation hun! sounds like DH is working on a great project, but to have to go to the appt yourself just sucks. my DH keeps me company every time - but having said that, last time we were there he was running late - and of the six of us in the waiting room, i was the only one to have my DH with me!

Sounds great, Taffy! I'm afraid the mathematical part of my brain has completely shut down today, so there will be no lessons in probability today (and everyone breathes a sigh of relief, I'm sure!). I'm sorry you have to go to the appointment alone, but remember that we'll all be there with you in spirit holding your hand. And yep, make all the decisions and DH won't be able to grumble!

Happy birthday to Nic and BG - hope it's a good one. Or been a good one, considering the time I'm writing this. It's so hard to keep up with everything that's going on here!

Me... rheumy appointment went pretty much as expected. I'm going back on prednisone, and I have my instructions to self-medicate. I have to do it, the pain is getting that bad... but I also think I should call the clinic and tell them. But then my phone phobia sneaks in - I'll tell them when I call to book on for the FET cycle...

BW

hello ladies holding up just.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO BGxx

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO NICxx

Holly i would love for you to PM me but you can only do that if your a plat member i think but i will put my email in my contact details feel free to email me and ill give you my number.

Nice to see your ticker flying by willow and thank you for thinking of us. i do check in on you all in paml keep going with thoese belly rubs hun.xx

HI Ladies

Happy Birthday BG & Nic!

Loula just wanted to say a huge good luck tomorrow with the BT

Hi to everyone else and good luck.

Very tired here went to acupuncture tonight feel a lot better... only 13 sleeps to go and tonight will come very easily i am exhausted!

Work is hectic... who would have thought Shop-a-dockets could keep me so busy!

S

Lou - i'm really hoping things go better for you than expected today

fingers crossed for you hun

Morning Ladies,

BG and Nic - Belated Happy Birthdays for yesterday! Hope you both had lovely days.

Lou - Good luck with the BT today, I will be thinking of you.

Smudge - Good luck with your BT tomorrow - hope those levels have increased.

BW - Hope you are feeling a little better.

A big to everyone else

A general question:
    Do all clinics offer IUI or is it only offered by certain clinics? We have registered with Monash IVF and are having our preliminary tests next month.
    We were looking at treatment at our regional Monash Centre, however they only offer full stim or FET cycles.
    BG - I know you are trying IUI, was this option given to you, or was it something that you requested?
    I think I would like the oppurtunity to try IUI before going onto a full stim cycle and I am happy to go to Melbourne if thats what it takes.
    Is this something that I will have a say in?

Hope everyone has a lovely day.

HI ATT - our FS is one that works out of Monash IVF at our regional clinic - and as yet, we haven't been offered the option of IVF! i'm not sure whether it's just something our regional clinic prefer, but they're very keen on doing every different IUI protocol before moving on to IVF. i've had a friend go through the same FS and clinic, and they used IUI for both their babies!

i'd be asking them what their protocols are for IUI vs IVF if i were you - if your regional clinic only does full stim or FET i'd definitely query what other options you have.

has your DP had an SA and were the results ok? i think chances of using IUI are increased if DP's SA shows strong results.

HTH

Good Morning Ladies!

Just wanted to pop in and say hi -
    Lou - I hope everything goes better than your expecting it to today... sending all of my love and positive thoughts your way xxx
    Nic & BG - Happy birthday to you guys for yesterday!!!
    Smudge - Sending positive thoughts your way, too - Hope you haven't gone insane with the waiting xxx

To everyone else, a big big

Had a very bitter sweet day yesterday -
    Whilst in the line at Coles yesterday, I ran into a lady that had her transfer the same day as me when we did our cycle in 2005.
    It was her 2nd stim cycle, BFN on her first.
    She ended up with a BFP on the cycle she did at the same time as us, and when I ran into her yesterday, she had her 2yr old little girl with her.
    It was a bitter sweet moment for me - I couldn't be happier for her, but it makes you think, and here I was in Coles thinking I could have had a little person the same age
    When I was talking to her, she said they had just started everything for an FET for next month (from the same cycle her daughter was conceived).
    You couldn't be happier when you see people who have finally made it through this TTC journey, but it broke my heart to look at her little girl!
    Anyway!!!!

Hope everyone else is doing great - Lou, thanks for your email address, I will write asap !!!

Talk soon,
    Holly
    xxx

Unhappy naughty, naughty me!

well i guess i should have followed my instincts but....

2 days after my transfer i did a hpt hoping for a negative result. this i got which showed my trigger shot was out of my system. i have been desperately trying to hold off till friday for my bt but this morning i succumbed to temptationand i got a BFN.

so now i am feeling a little sad, but know i wont know the truth till friday arvo... so im trying to get into the frame of mind that i will probably be diving into the freezer in hope for a strong snowbub!

DH thinks i pregnant coz AF hasnt shown, but i tried to explain the crinone gel can keep it away. i have a small burning feeling in my tummy and i hope its only a side effect from the gel too.

im not depressed just starting on the slide down. i have an empty feeling inside. i will just have to wait and see and hope my levels are high enough for BFP but too low for the hpt to pick up. anyone else had a false positive?

So sorry to hear about your result Sonya - i have heard of a number of ladies who've not got a positive on a HPT until after confirmation through BT - so it's not over yet! fingers crossed for you hun

holly - i can so understand the bittersweet thing hun - it's nice to see success stories, but so hard when we haven't been through that same positive experience ourselves.

Smudge - fingers crossed for you tomorrow hun

Hi all,
    Belated birthday greetings to all you ladies - i hope you were spoiled and treated like princesses (or at least didn't have to cook for the night!)

I know i'm a bit late, but Lou, I was keeping positive vibes for you all day.

GL for tomorrow smudge - come and tell us that they have risen lots in the past few days

Sonya - i hope your result changes by Friday - there is still hope for a BFP.

We are going away tomorrow night for the weekend and i am worried that I will be missing out on everyone's news in here!!! Can't take the puter!

Hi to everyone else

Just ducking in quickly to see how Lou got on.

Be back later!

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast