Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - May 2007

Well said BW, i'd like a recliner when i get there with a heat pac waiting thanks.lol

This site helps me to stay a little sane!

One more Q before i head for bed
    Can p$ make your veins on you BB really show?

Thanks girls

i've not been on the p4 following tranfer, but have just had 6 days out of 10 on provera - so fairly high dose progesterone - and the veins on my bb's don't appear to be any more noticable atm...

oops i didnt even know provera had p4 in it isnt that HRT pill to bild up linning or am i thinking of prognova

Sorry BG pls help

Like BG, never been there myself... but it is starting to sound like your boobs are being sneaky and misbehaving! I'm not giving up on you yet, Lou, and I'm staying very firmly pretzelled until we get the official result.

ETA: Lou, provera is progesterone. I think it's progynova you're thinking of, to build up the lining, from what I've picked up from the protocols listed in my clinic's handbook.

BW
    Last edited by butterfly_warrior; May 6th, 2007 at 10:10 PM.

Thanks again, i wont be doing any more HPT thats a promise (well for today anyway.lol)

Get too disapointed when they are not BFP

provera is progesterone - increases the progesterone level and then once you stop taking it, the drop of progesterone causes AF - the p4 that you take with transfer (from my understanding) helps to keep AF from showing up until an embie can catch hold and start producing appropriate hormones to keep AF at bay.

and yeah - i just googled prognova and it's a HRT drug.

i'm with BW - fingers, toes, eyes - i'm keepin them all crossed til we hear for sure. your bbs really do sound like they're misbehaving - aren't veiny bbs an early sign of pg?? a lot of people don't get positive HPT's til well after AF is due hun....

take care, and good luck sweet pea!

Hi Ladies!

Just a quick pop in to say hi and send my best wishes to everyone with things happening!

Smudge - Good luck for today, hope you stay sane waiting for that phonecall!
    Shannon - My thoughts were with you after reading last night - I hope your embie made it for transfer today xxx
    Lou - I have every part of my body crossed for you for this week!!!
    Jo - So sorry to hear about everything - its devastating your first time round, regardless of how well you think you've prepared yourself for everything.
    Our first cycle went very similar to yours, however we didn't even get to transfer the first cycle.. on the day of transfer none of the embies had divided enough
    You have one, though - carry it with pride, sweetie!
    And if nothing else, at least they know what to do for next time in regards to meds for more follies, eggs, and embies xxx

To everyone else - hi!!!

Nothing much going on here, just counting down the days until we fly to Melbourne & see Antonia... we're going to wait and see what her suggestions are until we book in for another stim cycle.
    The new herbs my acupuncturist gave me last week after my house call (!!) have been amazing.... I feel 300% better than I did.
    Have dropped a few kgs which must have been fluid, but am expecting them all to go back on as AF is due for a visit on Mothers Day (hows that for a slap in the face!!!! And, being the 28day girl I am, she will arrive on time... lovely) Thank God for a positive mind, I'm starting to work on it today so I'm there by Sunday

Hope everyone is great, talk to you soon!!!

Love Holly
    xxx

hi girls, ive been a bit quiet...i have been stalking you all and reading the many posts, but nothing is really happening to me yet.

Lou - in my mind, wouldnt your body be going through changes (eg bb's ) if you WERE pregnant rather than if you werent? i mean i feel absolutely no different except tired, but i think thats the whole IVF and TWW dragging me down a bit. also did you have day 3 or blast? (sorry cant remember!) apparently blast cycle are a lot harder for hpt to pick up the hcg levels. i have spent at least 2 hours a day googled a thousand different things about ivf, blasts and implantation!

Shannon and smudge- all my best wishes for today and hope you both hear good news!

Sazza - if you still peeking - congrats again hun and hopefully some more of us will make the BFP for may thread..

BG and BW - you girls have been my mentors, inspiration and whenever i fell down or sorry for myself i read your journals and posts and realise just how much some people have been through and yet you are strong, empowered women who keep battling on and facing every challenge and diversity!!! I am in awe!

Thanks for your story Holly, I was gutted and had not prepared for the results to be that low. I'm not sure how you coped with none making it. I am now proud of my one - but not very expectant. DH was gutted too. It was so hard. He looked at me so desperately and sadly. He had his hopes a lot higher than mine. And then, for the very first time, he told me how much he wanted kids, and how this whole thing sux and is unfair. He's never ever ever said anything like that before. He has always kept his super positive attitude and tried to keep me afloat.

I have already booked an appt with the FS for as soon as possible (3 weeks away), even though the receptionist said we should wait a month if we get a BFN. I insisted!! Waiting is not my strong suit! I just think we can review my protocol and make it better next time.

Hope everyone has a great day. I'm still sending all the positive vibes that i can muster for you Lou.

Hi Ladies

Just a quick one DH has me tied to the mattress on the lounge room floor and gets cranky as soon as i get up to do something...

Well we transferred this morning one hatching blasty so now just fingers crossed it all goes well.

Good luck today smudge!!!

Gotta go DH is beconning.

good luck shannon

Quote Originally Posted by sonya1 View Post
    BG and BW - you girls have been my mentors, inspiration and whenever i fell down or sorry for myself i read your journals and posts and realise just how much some people have been through and yet you are strong, empowered women who keep battling on and facing every challenge and diversity!!! I am in awe!
    You're making me blush, Sonya.

I'm glad my story is helping you, but it is simply a matter of continuing to put one foot in front of the other day after day, because I can't see that I have any choice. And the strength to do that has come from the support of people here, so thank you, Sonya, for being one of the people who has enabled me to do all of that!

BW

What a day. Seems we're a little bit pregnant. HCG levels came in at 84. We were all geared up to hear "I'm sorry or Congrats" not, "the result has come back positive but the levels are low, we'll need to do another test on Thu"

Seriously this is just doing my head in now.

Shannon - sticky vibes for you!!

Smudge - i have my fingers toes and everything else crossed that your levels have progressed where they should have by your Thursday BT so that we can give you the huge congratulations that you so obviously deserve (for now i'll just give you a little congrats to go with you're being a "little bit pg") - it's not over yet and i have so much faith that this will be a good result for you

Quote Originally Posted by sonya1 View Post
    BW - i'm with you in the blushing department (must have been bad, DH noticed and asked what i was reading!). i don't see my journey as particulalry brave - it's just what we have to do - i guess in some ways being a red head is paying off - the stubborness factor is working in my favour - i refuse to give in!!! Keep your chin up hun - you have a lot more strength than what you realise!

Jo - fingers crossed that the embie you're carrying is a sticky little vegemite and that you're giving us great news in a couple of weeks!!

as for me - i'm still waiting on AF so nothing new to report

OM Goodness Smudge that is great news. be happy darlin, did you have blastie as i know that the levels start really low and i have heard of lot of ladies getting there levels between 70 - 80 and having wonderful pg continue. i have all my hopes that this is it for you hun

Holly - when do you see Ant? im a paitent of her too did you know? im there on thursday this week, maybe ill see ya?

Shannon - i wish my DH did that a few times, ive only ever got a BFP with IVF if ive been bed ridden! but cant afford to keep doing that .lol

Sonya - i believe it is the P4 that makes all these changes with my bb's. having had one ectopic in 2002 and being on ivf for 4 years with two IVF pg i kinda know whats to come IYKWIM? hope your well though hun.

I havent been having any af pains which i dont think is good as every time ive heard someone getting a BFP they have always felt like af is going to visit, IYKWIM? im really not making any sense tonight.

Still i did ANOTHER hpt i really am addicted, and no second line still and im about 16 dpo, 11 dpt. so you would think that it would SHOW up by now hey?

I did read a thread ages ago telling the longest time b4 a hpt showed and i know that some ladies didnt even get them uptil well after a bt confirmed but i think that was natural conception no ivf or anything so they may not have o'd when they thought they had and just got their dates wrong IYKWIM? wish i could find that thread now

Sushee - any ideas?

Yay Smudge! I too have everything crossed for you! Thursday must seem like a lifetime away...hang in there...retail therapy...whatever it takes...hang on to the hope that there's something going on in there xxx

OK feeling really off now, pulse raising and feel like ive od on p4!

Lou, you seem so stressed at the moment. I wish I had answers for you, but I'm such a newbie at this... You're the veteran that we turn to for answers. I do wish I could help, though, but all I can offer is hugs.

BW

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast