Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - Nov 2007 #3

Well has the FS the result BT's Lap @ the end of Feb and March cycle hopefully

Oh tigger Hope the lap answers some things for you hun. Thats a while away and hope all goes well.

Thanks TL and Missy
    I rang the clinic back and was a bit more assertive (a difficulty I have sometimes!) about the situation and my concerns, and they organised to call my FS, instead of giving me no information like earlier this morning and hence making me panic. They rang me back just before after contacting my FS who says it's all ok. She thinks I am having AF (11 days after stopping the pill, mind you), but as my lining was very thin on scan on Tuesday, it shouldn't be much. She says the stims will reverse the loss in the next day or so - I should be back on track soon. It not what normally happens, but it's ok, she said. I still scan on Monday for follies. Yay Why won't this stupido body of mine do what it's supposed to though? Argh - *needing pulling the hair out emoticon now* Frustrating-and-scary-unknowns Rollercoaster stopping for any other passengers...

BW, thank you so much for being there this morning to give me information and give me the nudge to be more assertive with my clinic You were spot on about AF and the stims stopping it.

TL, I've been thinking about since you posted back to me last - I hope you're ok and the appointment with FS was positive. Added note: TL, Good on you for getting through the appointment, sweet. I hope it's the news you wanted to hear. I certainly don't mean it as a consolation prize, but now that this is confirmed, you can hopefully relax for Christmas now that you know what is happening in the new year 100%. Hugs
    Last edited by Acacia; November 15th, 2007 at 01:08 PM. Reason: extra note to TL after her post

Hi all ... this thread is moving quite rapidly. Thought I'd pop in while eating lunch to read up and say a quick 'hi'. dont have time to get into personals but am thinking of you all!
    Looking forward to going back to clinic tomorrow for 1st BT!
    Wishing u all the best

Afternoon my sweets ...

BG - Congrats on the green light Excellent to hear everything is exactly where it should be, GL for your stims tomorrow hun

Peta - I was the same on the pill and on 2 occasions rang my FS nurse in tears cause I couldnt figure out what was happening re AF always coming and going, unfortunately it is all normal and part of the process ...

Blackduckies - these FSH Fairies are in full force - I had to order catering and got the days mixed up so yesterday no lunch for the meeting, today no meeting but lunch ...

Kell - Yay that you have embies on board and that is all that matters now hun, your body is the best incubator and it will do its things to help them stick no matter the grade ... here is wishing you all the very best for your 2WW ... and yeah do you have more info on that CD ?

Dusty - how are you and BOB doing today? I think it is so sweet that you and DH are talking to him .. awwww !! I am sending many many positive vibes and thoughts to you, your DH and BOB !!! And yep I am taking very very good care of your FSH fairies ... they are ALL around me today ...

Miss C - I think that I am the Queen of Spotting I am still spotting now and on my 4th day of FSH but they have advised it is normal but I can totally relate to how you are feeling hun ... chin up though if in doubt call them and have them alleviate any fears you have, that way you will know from their point of view that everything is a ok ... Dizziness ok of sorts but am still headachy which I believe is all part of this process ... but hey we are trooping through albeit making work mistakes and all .... oh well ce la vie !!

Wannababy - welcome !! This group of gals (and guy) is so supportive, I wouldnt be where I am in the sanity I am without them !!

BW - OMG that bruise is massive - YOUCH !!!!!!!!!! Good luck to your DH, but I have been doing the frozen peas on the belly for the past cpl days and it makes such a difference, I dont even feel the injections now ...

Missy - praying that AF stays away for you hun .... hope you are feeling ok hun ...

Shan
    - good luck with it all hun, I dont have any advice on provera but I still hope you do ok ...

TL - hope that the lap goes to plan and you get the answers from it that are needed ...

I am waiting on the phone call from the FS with results of my b/t from this morning .... man they should be calling any minute and then hopefully I will have a bit more information as to where from now ...

Hi to everyone else I have missed ... hope you are all doing ok ....

Melsta

Just got the phone call ... FSH dosage isnt high enought (at 100 for FSH currently) sooo I have to take another 25 tonight and then the dosage increases from tomorrow to 125 and another b/t sat morning .. I feel like the past 4 days have been for nothing and I said to the nurse so is this bad that i have hardly responded and apparently it is only early days yet ... hmmmmmm

Melsta, the first cycle is always a bit of an experiment. They have no idea whether you'll respond to a low dose or whether you'll need a higher dose. If they start too high they run the risk of OHSS, better to increase slowly than to go too high too quick and get sick. Been there, done that. Not fun!

Hang in there! It's all a matter of learning how it works for you and getting things underway from there. There's quite a lot of people who have gone in for their first blood test in their first cycle and found no response. Yes, it does freak you out (and has done to every single one of us), but it will be ok in the end.

BW

Hi Melsta. Hun I'm sorry the news is not great. From the glass is half-full perspective: you are not overstimulating, which means you are well and not in danger of getting sick. I know it means delays, but it sounds like your clinic is taking things slowly and carefully in order to look after you well in this first time for you. Are you on Puregon or Gonal-F? The four days haven't been for nothing hun, at least it's four days that have helped the clinic work out how to get closer for the right dose for you. I know that the delay is probably killing you, the side effects and the unknowns and just wanting to get on with it... but there are many people here for you to vent/chat/get more info if you need it. Hang in there sweetie. I really understand the frustrations and concerns of not knowing how your body is reacting to this first time cycle as well, at the moment. :hugs:

Hi everyone,
    miss c I am glad you got some answers, when is EPU for you?
    Dusty that's so cute talking to BOB you know you will get so used to calling him that it will end up his name or his nick name, if you have a girl you may have to extend it to BOBBIE?????. lol
    Kell, I am glad that you go to transfer, as you know Dusty's little one was'nt "looking good" and they ended up with a lovely little Blastie.
    Missy, I hope you are wrong on the AF front.
    Wannababy, hi. My EPU is around the 26th and transfer a few days later, so I hope everything goes smoothly and find ourselves in the TWW together.
    BW......OUCHIES!!!! Hope DH gets his head around it.
    Hi BG, not long now.
    Hi to everyone I have missed and good luck.

Melsta, they will get you on the right dose, they have lots of people who don't respond as hoped.
    Thanks for the laugh about the meeting/lunch thing hopefully no one was too upset???

Thanks girls, it is just the thought that things arent going to my little plan and to think hey what the, but I know they started me off low as they had no idea what was going to happen, I guess I can take reassurance in that the nurse and my FS are actually both very competent people who have done this a thousand times over !!!

Thanks for the positive reinforcement .. I am normally so yep ok surging on with this but i expected to be given a time for an u/s not this he he hence why I think I was taken aback .. but onward and upward !!!

I am on Puregon, Miss C, the sexy little blue pen !!

So much for a sleep in on sat we have to be at the clinic at 7am now for a b/t then I have to be back home by 930am so I can make it to my nieces dance concert ... that i am looking forward too ...

Thanks heaps sorry for the blah and me post !!!!

blackduckies - yes well next time re lunch I think I will be re-reading things again .. it was only for our Snr Mgmt Group lol no one in particular not, but the staff, well I am in their good books today for providing free lunch lolol

ahhh the things we do !!!!

Hey all

Awwwww I dont know what is happening with me. I feel like im getting AF and then I dont. Dont want to read to much into it but BB feel alittle and I mean A little sore. Been abit sick off and on today seemed to ease when I ate. I think I might be talking myself into it. Arrggg no let it be pg PLEASEEEEEEEEEE.

Sorry no personal but hope you all well.

Take care!!

WOWIE the supportive vibes and genuine interest and concern in everyones progress and help being so generously given in this thread are blowing me away. i just have to give you all a huge big !!

you all are amazing people. it is a pleasure to be spending this time with you all.

BFPS all around i say!

ETA: in my spontaneous outburst above i of course mean that seeing we all sadly are in this position of needing to be in this thread it is a pleasure to spend this time with you all. hope that sounds better! just got a spurt of love and affection that i couldn't suppress out loud!
    Last edited by dusty; November 15th, 2007 at 06:19 PM. Reason: ETA

Hi everyone! Just thought I'd pop in to let you all know how the BT went today. I was surprised to get the results this afternoon (but pleasantly so!).

My hormone levels are apparently low, which is good, so the Synarel has been working, and they want me to start the Gonal F injections on Sunday night - I'm so excited!! Apparently all my FS's "ladies" start on Sundays, for some reason.

So I have my little baggies with all my goodies, ready to go on Sunday. Next BT is on the 23rd, so fingers crossed that it all goes to plan.

I can't tell you how elated I felt when I got the phone call this afternoon (well, you all probably know how I felt coz most of you have been there done that lol). I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high, as there are so many variables that could go wrong, but I really do feel one step closer to holding that longed-for baby in my arms

Dusty - good to hear it's all going to plan with BOB. I'm following your story with interest.

Missy - I reeeally hope it's a BFP - would love to hear that you are PG.

Melsta - At least you're on the right dosage now...I hope it doesn't prove to be a hiccup.

Miss_c - good on you for being assertive. I have the same problem in speaking up when I'm not happy with something and it's so upsetting coz not only are you annoyed that you're not getting the info you need, you're also upset at yourself for not having the guts to say anything! No-win situation!

OK, well that's it from me. Had a pretty sleepless night last night with the anticipation of this morning's BT, so will hopefully sleep like a log tonight lol.

See y'all tomorrow!

Vicki

LOL DW your so sweet hun.

YAY Vicki that is great news hun. Awww dont you just love the little bags....lol

Hi everyone. I haven't posted here since my first pregnancy in April last 2006. That was an ectopic and I have had two ectopic pregnancies since then (Nov 2006 and June 2007). I have found a haven at an English message board that is for ectopic pregnancy survivors; but I need the help of other Aussies at the moment.

I have one tube left after two surgeries, and it is blocked. I hoped to start IVF two cycles ago, but was told to my shock and dismay that I have an issue with my ovaries and follicles. My ovaries are small and my ovarian function is down and seems to be decreasing even though I am only 37.

My FSH levels for the last two menstrual cycles have been too high to start IVF. I can't even get off the starting blocks....my grief about that is for another post. What I would love is some advice on Chinese herbs. I am getting a lot of advice about the use of Chinese or Western herbs to help with hormonal inbalances. Has anyone here heard any success stories about the use if herbs in lowering FSH levels? My doctor won't start IVF unless that are around ten and they have been over twenty both times. He only wants to give it one more try so I am starting to feel a bit desperate.

Any help or advice would be great, I have found the community here very supportive in the past thanks so much for your time!

Hi Rae.

Im sorry I cant help but just want to say sorry and hope some one can help you. Im sure there will be some one that knows some thing. All the best hun.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast