Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - Nov 2007 #2

ok, only a quick post as I'm being picked up to go out fairly soon...

Kell, I'm glad you get to go ahead with EPU. It is a shame about the no transfer, but having been there done that, I believe this is the best way to go. Stock up on gatorade now. Feel free to ask me anything - it is scary, but you can get through it. Just a couple of things - the pain of doing #2s will be excruciating because of your enormously swollen ovaries, and you are lucky enough to not have to use the crinone. AF will arrive earlier because of it, but the sooner the better, as that means levels are dropping and returning to normal. I'm a little scared of having to transfer this time and needing to use the crinone, but I'm sure I'll manage!

Miss C, my first cycle started with horrendous bleeding problems, so we will ignore anything that happened that time. This time, I also had AF arrive a little later than I expected. Just when I was starting to think she'd give it a miss as it had only been 10 days on the pill, she showed up. The day before, I had an incredible killer headache... all has been fine since AF started. Perhaps it's a sign that things will get started soon? Anyway, my clinic has assured me that bleeding at the wrong time (or not at all, or too much) isn't really going to mess up the cycle if it's at this end of things. They can adjust, don't panic.

BW

Hi.
    miss c I stopped the pill on the 5th and AF has just shown up, I started to feel crampy yesterday, so I reckon give it a day and you'll have yours.
    deni, your baby's breathe idea would be a nice way to annouce a BFP as well. If you don't mind I may borrow your idea. Lets just hope the opportunity comes our way.
    Melsta, had a little laugh love the idea of the boys just casually picking up chicks with no effort.
    Baby Bliss, I am glad you get to pick-up. I hope everything goes smoothly and you don't get sick. I am sure you doc has your best interests at heart.
    Hi to everyone else, hope all is well.

Hi to all! My ears were burning - LOL!
    Glad my story was used as inspiration. Our BFP was a lovely surprise after being told we'd probably only get 2 or 3 eggs, & then we got only 1 embie out of the eggies. SO, to all of you who need a little inspiring, then I hope that helps. You just never know what's going to happen, so hang in there, and keep your chins up!
    Dusty! Again - so excited for you hun.
    Missy - thinking of you LOTS and LOTS! big time stickyvibes hun.
    TL - how you travelling?
    Slyder - so sorry to see things haven't worked out this time 'round for you guys. I hope you and DW are ok. I'm glad you've still got a couple of frosties waiting for you. Wishing you better luck next time.
    BW - how are you going? It must be getting to crazy time of year at school for you (my mum and bro are teachers, so I hear ALL about it).
    HB - how are you hun? You're always so great with the support and advice. Such a treasure to have around!!!!

Everyone else - a big hello & wishing you MUCH luck on your journey.
    Have a lovely weekend all!!

Arielle

Hi Everyone,

So glad its Friday and the weekend is upon us (albeit a wet sydney weekend unfortunately - but hey if I aint at work I aint complaining!)

Well one week till I start stims hopefully! Go in next Fri for BT! So fingers crossed! BG I noticed you also go in on the same day! Yay - we'll be cycling together.

Havent had a chance for personals but have been reading over the week so here goes:

Missy and Deni - Sending you lots of sticky vibes as you count down the 2WW. Hoping to hear about your BFPs!

Dusty - so happy to hear about your 3 embies! What an accomplishment! Your little baby is coming!

TL - Congratulations on your little nephew! I love my new little nephew to bits and get withdrawal symptoms if I dont see him for a bit. I could eat him every time I see him! You'll love the bond you'll create!

Hollybolly - Hope all is well hun! Love the avatar! Hope your wedding plans are coming along nicely!

Babybliss - Glad to hear you are going through with EPU. BW has some good advise. Try to take it easy and dont push yourself! Have my fingers crossed for you!

Mel - so sorry to hear about your FIL! I hope everything else is OK.

Melsta - good luck with the ICSI. Its comforting to know that the olympic swimmers get chosen for the marathon!

Miss C, Blackduckies and BW - hope all the injections are going well! And that all is going well with where you are at in your cycles! Sending lots of baby dust to you all so that those follies grow nice and healthy.

Shan22 - hoping AF hurries up so that you can squeeze in a cycle b4 for your FS goes away! Gotta love AF - so rude at times, not knowing when to show up or not! he he!

Hope I havent missed anyone ... ahh ... ah Slyder ... hope you and DW are doing well! Any idea when you'll go back for another FET? Are you having a break this side of Xmas.

Arielle ... great to see you pop in! Havent figured the blog thing out ... need to go find yours again! Am hoping all is well and that you have no morning sickness and that little bubs is growing nice and healthy! Will come and visit.

Hi to anyone I have missed! And all the best!! Off to find some Fertility firecrackers for NYE so that all our BFPs go off with a nice big loud bang!

Mon

Arielle - congrats on your good news!

Dusty - congrats on your embies and all the best for ET and a stress-free TWW (yeah right ).

Babybliss - Good luck with EPU and I hope everything is ok afterwards.

Miss C - My last cycle AF came about a week after I stopped OCP and pretty much just before I was starting injections. I had a really heavy AF too which went for close to a week but I still had everything work out good and had a great EPU result... and they also told me that some people dont get AF afterwards. Good luck!

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Well its really frustrating on my end atm. After analysing two tests I decided I had a pos LH test yesterday (dark yesterday, light again today), went for my scan and BT today and the nurse who scanned me said it looked like I had just o'd cause the follicle was flat on the top - YAAAY!!!... then the clinic rings and say the bloods are back and I have a prog level of 4.2 and they look for at least 5 for o - AAARGH!!! So they dont think I will o until maybe tomorrow so transfer may be Monday now. I have to have another blood test tomorrow morning and I will find out for sure what is going on then, still could be Sunday but just dont know. And all this after they rearranged things to fit me in at 10.45 on Sunday to fit in with my niece's christening.

(sigh) why are things never simple? LOL

Yep, certainly a crayz time of year for me right now! I'm really not sure which twit thought that cycling so close to Christmas was a good idea - the family stress is enough without this on top! But to think that the very same twit also thought that cycling while marking exams, writing reports and writing programs (because our school is up for registration next year, just to add some more stress to the pile!) was a great idea... I guess my alternative was to start when the school year ends, but that brings me even more scarily close to Christmas, or wait until the start of next year, but that stuffs up the safety net and also means that if I hyperstimulate I'm not going to be well for the beginning of the school year. As bad as it all seems at times, I do know that it's the best option.

So tired... night out with friends from work, freezing cold and wet. Which bright spark thought Katoomba would be a good place to be on a night like this? DH still isn't home from work, so I'm going to try staying up a bit longer...

BW

Hi all

Hope your all having a lovely w/end

Melsta yes hun it was a lovely claim. Im very happy with it. How you going hun. Hope your well.

Baby Bliss I really dont know what you can or cant do hun But id take it easy hun. Just in case.

arielle thanks so much hun. Hope your going ok too.

Mon yay everything is coming together for you hun. Good luck with your BT. Thanks for the good luck and I hope ill have a bfp to tell you all.

Mel1977 im sorry things are not going the way you want. It so frastrating sometimes. Good luck hun.

BW good luck with what ever you do.

Well all better head off. Callum asleep so trying to get some things done.

Take care

Well when is ever a good time I say! Unfortunately life is stressful that adding IVF on top of normal life just adds to the stress regardless of when. I was cursing yesterday when I found out that our planning days had been pushed back to the 1st and 2nd wk of december! Here I was thinking that they'd all be over with by first wk of dec, we'd go away for work xmas party, and then the following week in I'd go for epu, take some time off for that and then work till xmas and jan (as we need to present all our strategies by end of jan - conveniently when client comes back from holiday! gotta love it ... not!). I was going to try and avoid telling work that I'd be doing another round of ivf, but now that the planning days have been pushed back, I almost have no choice! My luck the day I need to present will be the day of EPU, so will have to tell work as director will have to cover for me!!!! Well what do you do! I want kids more than anything and nothing is going to stop me! Nothing in life is smooth sailing, so am going to have to go with the flow and roll with the punches! If I didnt have to work life would be so much easier, but you know some one has to pay the mortgage and the ivf cycles and then you want to spend time at home when baby finally arrives! unfortunately we are not really that lucky a country as maternity leave isnt enough if you cant save up to take mat leave! Why the government doesnt provide $ support whilst on mat leave is beyond me! We are one of the worst in the world! That sux but that is a whole other argument!
    sorry for digressing! hope all is well with you all! sending you lots of baby dust!
    Mon
    Last edited by Mon; November 10th, 2007 at 02:47 PM. Reason: sp. error

Mon I understand not sure if it is true bute everytime we go into cycle things seem to go wrong to add the extra stress but bubs will be worth it

mon i hear you hun. one thing we all learn with IVF is you really can't plan it exactly. things crop up, our bodies don't always respond the way we want them to etc. telling work always helps me. i just have to say 'things are tough with our cycle ATM' and i have instant understanding. i still have to do my job but I feel i have relieved my own pressure on myself, if that makes sense.

i know i have mentioned the book Sex at 6pm a bit on BB but reading Annarosa's story made me realise that we are in a unique situation with IVF and we all undergo similar experiences while the other part of our lives are expected to go on as normal. it really made me realise i am just doing the best i can and that i can't be exactly the same as i am when i am not doing IVF. funny enough people around me at work don't seem to notice much of a difference. i think because they are all so wrapped up in their own lives and selves.

and on the issue of mat leave support in Australia (with the US we are the only OECD country not to have universal paid mat leave) i too am not sure i want to get started on this topic in this thread, probably best for a vent in the Boo Hoo Room!!!

carla, arielle thanks for the good wishes

Hello everyone!

I've been hellishly busy this week, so haven't had much time to post. But I've been popping in now and then to read everyone's posts.

Dusty, congrats on the embies - how exciting for you and DH!! I look forward to hearing how the next step goes.

No real news from me: still on the Synarel, and have my next appt on Thursday to do BT and find out how the hormone levels are. Funny story: when I had my first appt with the FS he said that he won't ring me unless there is some problem with the scans and BTs, so no news is good news. Well, yesterday I get a phone call from the FS! My heart dropped and I thought 'oh no, what's wrong" and he said he was just ringing to let me know that my ultrasounds were all fine, everything looks healthy and normal, and he just wanted to let me know!! I could have screamed! But it's good to know that everything's in good working order.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend.

Vicki

vicki, ah the dreaded phone calls where you always expect the worst! i am glad things are all going along well for you. you are lucky your FS gives you such personal attention, it doesn't always happen with IVF.

mel, i hope you have found you O time. nothing is ever simple with this game unfortunately. and best of luck for either today or tomorrow.

well i am jumping up and down, spinning around, freaking out and generally am excited! our 3 embies are going strong, all are 8 cell grade 1!!! we are going for 5 day blastocysts on tuesday and to see which ones are the strongest. we are in unchartered territory here.
    i have full on urges and desire to have my embies back in me ASAP. funny i have never felt this protective and strong feelings for my embies before. in fact i really am wanting all three inside . overwhelming emotions of love and anxiety for my embies well being.

YAY! That is wonderful news Dusty! Am so happy for you too! Yay Bring on Tuesday!\
    Vicki hope the synarel is treating you well! gotta love that feeling sliding down the back of your throat! I'll be back at it next week! bring it on!
    Mon

Well done DW that is the best news hun. Im so happy for you. ** jumps up and down **

Come on little embies, Be strong and keep growing.

Not much happening here. Have not sore BB today so dont know what was happening yest. They were very sore. Oh well we will just have to wait.

Hi all xx

Dusty fantastic news on your 3 embies !!!! Keep growing strong little ones!! Will be thinking of you Tuesday !!!

Dusty great news!!! Glad they are all doing so well, good thing you can't have all 3 back it's sounding very promising and triplets would be on the cards. Looking forward to fantastic news on Tuesday. I am so happy for you enjoy your high!!!! Hugs, hugs and more hugs.
    Hi to everyone else, I will try to catch up tomorrow.

Off for EPU tomorrow, feels sort of nothingy because there will be no transfer. Feels all odd.

Kell - as much as it doesn't have the same degree of anticipation as an EPU followed by transfer, this is still a huge thing for you - EPU means a chance for you to be a mummy in the future without another round of stims - soooo much better than a cancelled cycle!

this is the point at which we're all behind you, wishing you the best of luck for a large number of healthy eggs, a great fertilisation rate, and some fantastic strong little snow bubbas in waiting for you. hoping that you come out of EPU healthy and happy, and it won't be long til your first FET.

good luck hun

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast