Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - Nov 2007

slyder Guest

Mel, I forgot to mention that I have been following your story on the other thread that you've been involved in and I too am sorry you've had no luck this time. I know you've suffered the loss of Nicholas, but I really think you'll have more children and that things will get better for you. It just takes time, but when you get there the end result will be all the sweeter. I hope you don't mind me saying this.

Dusty, I read a story the other day about a 48yo woman who had a successful IVF pregnancy (albeit with donor eggs due to a pre-existing condition). I know 38 isn't 28, but neither is it 48. If a 48yo can do it, you and DH can too.

slyder Guest

Just don't burn down the love nest, BG

Quote Originally Posted by slyder View Post
    Just don't burn down the love nest, BG
    ROFL!

we have a double block (one house block behind the other) - the fire is burning on the other block - way, way down the back!

Thanks for all your wishes guys! It is appreciated. At least we have Melbourne Cup next week to distract us. Are any of you into horses? I am not so much, but my work always has a Melbourne Cup bash so its hard not to get wrapped up in the excitement.

Quote Originally Posted by Peta View Post
    Thanks for all your wishes guys! It is appreciated. At least we have Melbourne Cup next week to distract us. Are any of you into horses? I am not so much, but my work always has a Melbourne Cup bash so its hard not to get wrapped up in the excitement.
    i'm not into the horses as much as DH - but i don't mind having a look at the big race meets! last year we fluked the Cup trifecta - and me being new on the TAB website at the time, i managed to put it on twice (not that i'm complaining!!)

havent looked at the field for this year yeat, but i'm thinking i'll have to have a sticky in the next few days...

slyder Guest

What I know about horse racing is that the horses wear saddles, the jockeys are small and the horses run around a track being cheered by lots of sozzled people. That's about it!

i choose my bet based on the colour of the jockey's silk... and i haven't done too badly....
    we just had a new annual public holiday declared for the first tuesday of November. they are calling it Family and Community Day. noice coincidence...

hehehe - i choose horses based on their silks or the name - if it's a nice name, then i'll choose that horse!

dusty, are you from canberra (i heard something about that public holiday today at work...)

yep, in canberra, i think lots of people are planning to take the monday off too. with my regular wednesday off i get a 5 day long wknd. but will have EPU somewhere in there.

i also like to choose according to name and number - makes it more fun for me. i should look at the odds too i suppose....

my hubby is part of a punters club - so he looks at EVERYTHING - and the average weekend, it's me picking horse by name rather than him with all his itty bitty technicalities!

Hi everyone
    If possible I would like to join this forum too!
    There are some familiar names here but I have not been online much for months as I had an endo op and have been busy with work.
    I am starting my synarol this weekend for our second round of IVF.

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome

Welcome to the thread Lauz - best of luck with this cycle

Slyder - Thanks for your comments, I dont mind you saying that. I totally agree, it will be all the sweeter for everything that has happened. I am sure all of our future children (whenever they arrive) will be better off for their parents greater appreciation of them.

I will try and read back and learn about everyone over the next day or so, so that I can be a little more friendly LOL

Take care all.

welcome and hi Lauz
    so good to see you in here, i was wondering how you have been. i hope you are feeling good about your cycle. are you with CFC or SIVF? i can't recall. i haven't heard from chez. she used to be in this thread i think too before moving to canberra.

slyder Guest

I was only thinking about Chez tonight. Wonder how she's going?

Welcome back, Lauz!

NAT025 Guest

Hi Rols
    My DH and I feel completely the same. We are not expecting this time either, I suppose after so many let downs you dont expect to get good news. I think people who have gone through a few IVF cycles or have been TTC for a while lose a bit of faith in becoming parents. Myself personally have become a little bitter towards pregnant people, which I know isn't fair on them but I can't help it.

We have learn't now to to read too much into the symptoms as it could be the progesterone playing mind games with your body. I wish that no signs would appear unless you are pregnant.I had a bit of a melt down today as I don't seem to see the light at the end of the tunnel and feel as if our dream may be getting further and further out of our reach.

I seem to be having the same symptoms as your wife with the bigger appetite but I am also feeling nauseas and a few stomach cramps. I am currently taking crinone gel also which I dont enjoy.

I read in one of your othe posts that your BT should be Sunday but its now Monday but the nurses have advised you not to do a HPT. If you BT should be Sunday why can't you do a HPT, especially if your
    DW has had no HCG injections.

I really hope that you and your DW get the happiness you deserve on this cycle.

slyder Guest

Thanks Nat. Re the HPT question, basically the conclusion that I reached, along with Sushee, is that it's bollocks. DW had no hCG boosters therefore a HPT is just as valid as for anyone else who may be wishing to use one. They (the clinic) just worry that they'll cop the flack if the HPT says something different to the BT. Plus they probably get calls all the time from people thinking they've seen a line, etc etc.

I can't claim to be blasť because I am embittered by the process, I just don't have a big feeling about ths one. I guess it's because a stim cycle is a big whoop and gets you right up there in terms of emotions and procedures, whereas the FET is pretty much a non-event so you don't really build up to the same level. As for the progesterone supplements, it's a cruel thing that's for sure. Like tonight, DW said she started feeling hungry again and that she felt the only way to get rid of the queasy feeling was to eat. Classic pregnancy sign. Also probably indicative of raised progesterone levels via artificial means thus creating the same response as a pregnant person may have. This is what craps me off, and this is why we've trued pretty hard to let most of the symptom analysis go by the wayside.

As for you, give it time. Your first cycle had no transfer, your second produced a blastie for transfer which is excellent and your third is underway. Statistically the best is yet to come!

Wow, busy thread today.. will try my best to do some personals.

BG, I had a chuckle at your bonfire to clear out the backyard, how awesome! Wish I could do one in my backyard (and inside the house) to clear out some junk... Only a week to go until your appointment isn't it? So very excited that for you

Slyder, hoping that you and your DW get a nice surprise whenever it is that you test (either HPT or B/T)

Peta, So sorry about this cycle.

Welcome to the new girls Hope your stay is a short one.

BW, hope everything goes smoothly tomorrow for your appointment.

Ok, onto me. I did a HPT yesterday i think? without FMU and it came up with a faint positive. Am going to do another one tomorrow morning and see if it is the same. Tomorrow morning is my last Crinone WooHoo..and the progynova and provera tablets as well. It will be nice to be drug free after 4 months!

Big hi to everyone that I missed
    Nic

Gosh lots happening in here!!!! So much to catch up on .. have read it all and really quickly b4 I jump into bed as have early morning flight wanted to say 'hi' and good luck to those about to find out there results (Nat, Slyder ... who else have I missed?)
    And then to those cycling ... dusty, missy, and every1 else about to start and welcome lauz and mel!
    And a big hug Peta and TL - so sorry to hear the bad news!!! really upset for you ... it sucks! Can only offer you the comfort of a cyber hug and hope that you will continue on when you are ready!
    Look forward to catching up in a few days when am back in town!
    Mon

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast