Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - Nov 2007

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Default Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - Nov 2007

Your Moderating/Admin team for this forum are as follows
    Sarah_H - sarah_h@bellybelly.com.au
    Cailin - cailin@bellybelly.com.au
    sushee - sushee@bellybelly.com.au
    tiggy - tigga_m@hotmail.com

If you have any issues/problems with this forum feel free to email any of the above moderators who will be happy to assist you. All emails will be treated confidentially.

Just a reminder to all: all LTers love seeing a fellow LTer achieve that longed-for BFP, and we all find hope in one of our own having success in this difficult journey. But please remember that there are those who cycled with you who may not have received good news at the end of their cycle. Please do not post baby/child/pg tickers or pg related signatures (eg blinking BFP icons) etc in this forum out of respect for them.

ETA: I know it's sometimes easy to forget to turn off your signature - I too am sometimes guilty of it - so can I just say now that I will edit your child/baby/pg ticker out of your post should you accidentally post with it. Might be simpler, is all.

The old thread is here

Last edited by sushee; November 4th, 2007 at 12:38 PM.

here is to November being full of for us all xx

slyder Guest

I second that.

NAT025 Guest

Oh I third that!!!
    Slyder - When is your DW's BT? Any symptoms?

slyder Guest

G'day Nat,

DW's blood test supposed to be Sunday, so it can't be done then, and Monday is also no go, so sometime after that I guess, which is a bit annoying! We're not really doing the symptom analysis thing as it makes it too hard if things don't work out (for us) and plus the progesterone supplements (pessaries) basically mimic pg symptoms anyway, which is really really annoying! But I can say that on the surface she is very tired like she was last time (prog. side effect). No nausea, no dizziness, no metallic taste, but her appetite has increased and she reckons she is starving lately. Probably another prog. side effect, who knows. And she had a bit of a stitch feeling the day after transfer.

We're not feeling very confident this time around and have pretty much resigned ourselves to the belief that it hasn't worked. Dunno why, just the vibe. But that's OK, we're both alright with that and will probably go with two embies next time, and failing that it's another stim cycle. There's no immediate hurry, a baby will arrive when it arrives and that's that really (I'm not into the whole destiny thing, don't get me wrong, but that's how I'm thinking).

Wow, that was rambly.

PS. Nat, where are you at? I haven't been in the TWW thread much so I'm out of touch. Sorry. How you feeling etc?
    Last edited by slyder; October 31st, 2007 at 11:46 AM. Reason: addition

Wow, that was rambly.
    Only you would think it was rambly.

I hope I didn't dash all hope for you, slyder, with my reply to your pessary thread. I can be too blunt for my own good sometimes. All those symptoms may be the P4 but it may be her body doing all the right things too. Don't you two give up hope.

November is a good month to clear this thread out, so hopefully this place will be a ghost town soon with all the BFPs that are coming!

TL - I am so sorry.

Slyder - Its taken me THIS long to work out its you in disguise, all the best for the next little while. I really do take strength from your ability to seemingly take it all in stride.

Am trying for another down reg scan after last weeks showed the lining still at 10 and too thick to being the injections. Given I am STILL spotting today (yes tahts 12 days of AF, thank you very much!) I think I may not even have a uterus left, let alone a lining! Geebus! Not fun. So, hoping we can get on with it tomorrow. PLEEEEASE.

Hi Everyone
    TL - I am so sorry to hear about your bad luck. Looks like we are in the same boat. My AF has come in force too now, so am out but also have to wait for BT on monday. Then I guess its onwards & upwards with the next cycle.
    Slyder - good luck for BT & to DW
    Good luck to everyone, I will have to try to catch up with where everyone is at.
    Have a great day!
    xo

slyder Guest

Sush, no way, it's not you at all, and your reply to the other thread was very helpful. I very much appreciate people getting straight to the point and you gave me exactly what I was after. No, our attitude (and I don't mean that in a negative way) has been there from the start. I can't quite put my finger on it but I just don't think it's going to happen on this occasion. I think it will happen eventually but it may well involve another stim cycle, and beyond that who knows?

BB, sorry - I did leave my old name up (where it says Platinum Member) but took it down after a couple of days. I was hoping not to confuse anyone and because my avatar/user pic is still sitting in the queue (designed and sent when I was still Rols) it probably made it hard for people to realise I was still me as there was nothing else to identify me by! As for me taking stuff in my stride, I certainly seem to with the big things in life, but the small things do my head in regarding worrying. Anyway I hope you can finally start your next cycle soon.

Peta, sorry this one didn't work out. Keep chipping away at it.

Thanks Sushee,

I havent posted in here before (didnt want to intrude ) so hopefully you can all put up with me as I get to know what is going on with everyone - I already know a few of you, but not enough.

Mel

Aw Mel you'd never be intruding! This threaad is here specifically for those in your situation. Welcome!

Mel, I'm so glad to see that you've made it across here

Not much happening at the moment for me... on the pill, spotting as per usual... see FS tomorrow and hoping that it will all work out for another stim cycle...

Not feeling too chatty as I have a stinker of a headache.

BW

slyder Guest

Hi Mel and welcome!

BW - Good luck with your appointment (cant believe its November tomorrow :O). Hope your headache goes away!

Slyder - thanks so much for the welcome

TL and Peta - so sorry to hear AF has reared her ugly head

Slyder - hoping that your BT results (well, DW's - but you get the meaning!) are more positive than you're feeling at the moment - sometimes it's hard to have a "this WILL work" attitude, and self preservation kicks in a little - still have my fingers crossed for you

to everyone else - sorry for so few personals - i'm jumping on the puter for a few minutes cos i've just come home from work, but DH has decided we're having a bonfire tonight, so i can't hang around long!

timnik77 Guest

Hello everyone, just a quick post.

TL & Peta - sorry to hear about AF, chin up.

Today I had my first scan, everything went well. My ovaries are 'quiet' as they should be?? Officially start the cycle on Saturday and am a bit scared about the FSH injections but I'm sure after a couple of goes I will be a pro at it.

Synarel is making me moody and headachey, guess that is what is supposed to be happening. Anyway I hope everyone is doing ok, will keep you all updated.

peta i am so sorry hun. i hope they learn lots from your cycle and that 3 is your lucky number
    welcome mel, i saw your other thread and am sorry that it wasn't the cycle for you this time.
    slyder i think i know the space you and DW are in. i am holding out hope for you two.
    nicole the syneral suppresses (at least that is what i believe) your homones so things should be quiet. it is like a mini menapause. then they hit them with the stims to get things moving and growing i haven't had syneral but have heard that headaches are a side effect. lucrin seems to work well for me.
    kell, how frustrating for you. i hope you can start as waiting can be annoying. try and go with it if you can, hopefully your body will kick into gear soon. i presume your clinic does the thursday cycle start day?
    BW, hope your headache was knocked on the head, so to speak.
    BG, are you having a bonfire for halloween?
    Nat, fingers crossed hun.
    shannon, nic, holly, smithy, missy, mon, TL, thinking of you all.

i downloaded a pod cast today from ABC Local Radio Perth on a recent (6/9) discussion between two women who have recently authored books on the IVF journey, one of them is Invitro Fertility Goddess and the other is Making Babies, Personal IVF stories. it was an interesting listen, much of what they said resonated with me. it is sooooo good to hear these stories and discussion getting out in the media and wider public.
    being a 38 yr old people sometimes just think i have left it too late (for selfish reasons seems to be the implication), not realising or acknowledging that it isn't as simple as that. if anyone else hears interesting stories (i love podcasts) i would love to hear about them.

Quote Originally Posted by dusty View Post
    BG, are you having a bonfire for halloween?
    nope - just trying to clean up the back yard! we've taken down a few trees and things to make room for vegie patch, so had a pile of old trees to burn and needed to get it down before fire restrictions... it's been overcast today, hardly any wind, so perfect for controlled burning...

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast