Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - Nov 2007

Oh good luck BW, will be watching your progress with all the best wishes in the world.

Hey DW. I know how good is it. I just hope there strong little buggers.

BW I just read you TTC journal and that is wonderful news. Your on your way. Well done

Oh BABY BLISS thanks so much. Im sure they will be fine. Here's they do. With your injections is it the pen one or other. I give myself them and if I can do it anyone can. Awww good luck anyway with it. Hope all will be fine.

Missy, just the pen. I once had to give myself that awful trigger that you need snap the vials open and mix it all up. If I did that, I can do this blindfolded. Well. Possibly not blindfolded. Looking forward to your update!

scorpio Guest

Hi everyone. If been lurking around reading threads for the last month or so and have found the info here a great help. I am at the end of my first TWW today. We had 7 eggs, 4 fertilised, 1 to blast and none to freeze The cycle also involved a surgical sperm collection and we had no swimmers for the freezer either. The TWW has been hell. Crinone has affected me more than any of the drugs (headaches, cramping, bad joint pain causing knees to lock, broken sleep ... I've had just about evey side effect listed on the leaflet).

I had bad cramping on Sunday and Monday and was sure AF was on the way. But no spotting and then the cramps eased. yesterday I had left ovary pain. Today nothing ... but spotting started this morning. I immediately feared the worst and fell to pieces (was at work so that was just wonderful). We went to the clinic and they took some blood as I was due for my blood test tomorrow. They will call with the results but have prepared us for the worst.

Since this morning the spotting has eased ?!? ... its still there but hasn't increased in the way it was threatening to this morning. I have had no cramping or period pain. I am going to do a HPT soon ... I'm now fully prepared for a BFN and if it shows positive I think it may be the drugs. In any case we'll know for sure tomorrow. I hope everyone else has a nicer TWW than mine ... and may you all get BFPs.

hey scorpio, welcome and best of luck in your last week of the 2WW! i hear you on the crinone. wishing a BFP for you soon.

BW, yay on starting your stim!

kell, the pen is much much better than the trigger. take it easy, i tend not to push in it once i have pierced the skin but kinda let the weight of the pen ease it in.

Morning all

Baby bliss I hear you with the trigger. I had to do that one with my last cycle but this one was all made up for me this time. Thank god. You will be fine with the pen. Its so easly. Good luck!!

scorpio I really hope its just implantaion spotting hun. Sending you lots of vibes. Good luck.

DW good luck today hun. Cant wait to hear. Your not that far behind me. Sending you lots of luck hun.
    Last edited by Missy; November 2nd, 2007 at 07:16 AM.

Hi Everyone,

Im new here and new to the world of assisted conception ... I am on Day #3 of Lucrin injections through IVF, and am up for my blood test next wed. Today was also the last day of the pill as well (thank goodness I say - never really liked the pill).

Anyhow just thought I would pop in say hi and hope I can join you guys on this journey .... that this works for all of us ...

Hi all

Just thought id let you know where im at. Out of the 8 follies I got yesterday 6 of them fertilized. YAY Im now just waiting for them to make it to blasties and on Tuesday at 11.15am I have my ET. If all goes well ill have 2 put back. Im excited and scared at the same time. Hmmm waiting is yell.

Melsta hi, just want to say good luck with your IVF hun.

Hi everyone

well you may have read we are back on the TTC path after our beatuiful babies heart stopped last weekend. waiting for bleeding after D&C to stop and then have a 'normal' period and then back to TTC one after that. so probably in january. im happy with that as i feel like im having a mini breakdown still.

best of luck everybody wherever and whatever stage you are at

Oh Sonya I am so sorry to read that Wish I could say something of comfort, but no words sound right. Will be thinking of you.

Missy, thats great news - wonderful result! Grow little embies, grow!

My injection was fine, no problems at all.

Welcome Melsta, its very friendly here, I am sure you will find the support really helpful throughout your journey as I am.

Scorpio, hope your news surprises you. Take care.

Missy - hi and thanks for your welcome !! Congrats on the number yesterday and here is that things all go well for the next stage ... I totally sympathise with the waiting and I am not even there yet !

Miss C - I was just reading your post about teariness on the pill and I was the same although I had added mood swings as well, my poor DH didnt know what the atmosphere would be each night as I came home but we managed through and today was my last day on the pill thank goodness !!!

Sonya1 - I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I can see from this group that there is a great level of compassion, friendship and understanding so you have a great support network here - if there is anything I can do (even though I am new) pls just let me know ..

BabyBliss - Thanks for the welcome !! I'm with you on the injections my DH does them for me as I see it as a great way to keep him involved (even though he advises giving daily injections to me his DW is not what he imagined!!), but I also dont think I would be able to self administer. What injections are you currently taking? So you have already done the trigger that needs to be mixed? I think that is the one that we will be taking .. oooh I might be coming to you for question time

Tomorrow is our 9 month wedding anniversary so my DH and I are taking some time out just to have dinner and no TTC talk (well I will try not too1), but yes a nice relaxing and romantic dinner is on the menu ... I cannot wait

Hi everyone!
    Wow, there are so many new people. Welcome to you all, I hope your journeys are short.
    Sonya - I am so sorry to hear your news. I just don't know what to say, but my heart goes out to you.
    Missy - what a great number of fertilised eggs you have! We had a similar number & have 6 in the freezer ready for next time.
    Melsta - enjoy your anniversary dinner, i think its cute that you are celebrating the months!
    Hi to all i have missed - i really need to catch up on where everyone is at.
    Have a great weekend!!!
    xo

NAT025 Guest

Sonya - I am so sorry for your loss, look after yourself

Oh Sonya im so sorry for your loss. I hope your next cycle is a better one and things look up for you hun.

YAY on your injections Baby bliss. See all is fine. Good on you!!!

Melsta congrats on the anniv and I hope you and DH have a lovely time.

Peta Yes im very happy with the number of eggies I have. Im half way there...

Hope we all get bfp real soon.

Bye for now

Well my computer just wiped all of the things I had to say before posting it.
    Sonya I am really sorry to hear of your loss. Try to keep your chin up.
    I totally understand about the trigger. Our last one was awful as one broke and then the back up did also. We had to use it anyway! next time I am using the pen for sure.
    BW- good to see you are thinking positively, keep it up and goodluck
    Hi to everyone else.

Hi everyone

Sonya I'm sorry for your terrible loss. Please take care of yourself - rest lots and hug DH lots and your kiddies lots and may your beautiful angel bubs be on each shoulder to help you now and in your future journey.

dusty I really hope your scan went well today and that everything is on track for EPU for you. My fingers and toes are crossed - lots of positive vibes.

BW I haven't introduced myself to you yet, but I've spent time reading your journal and marvelling and your strength and courage in the journey that you are one. My heart is full hearing your story. I hope the cycle is going ok so far and that the side effects aren't too much Many many best wishes and thoughts for you this cycle. May it be the last

Kell I hope your first stim inj went ok today on your own without DH. I'm pretty scared about having to do it on my own too for the first time in a few weeks (if all goes well!) Courage to share for us both!!

Scorpio I'm new here to BB as well, but welcome. I've found the support I've received in two days to be almost overwhelming and so helpful, I'm sure you will too. Hang in there with your TWW. I remember TWWs before I started AC and they were hell then - we have so much more invested again when we've gone through hell to get to fertilisation stage. My thoughts are with you. Grow, precious embie, grow!!

Melsta Hey there! My DF just goes with the flow, but I so get what you mean. He knows he's in for pot luck when we get up in the morning!! Hallelujah for getting off the pill, I say!! I can't wait - I'm off it on Monday - 3 days to go! Good on you for getting through that bit so far. Happy Anniversary too - I hope a wonderful night out creates lots of good vibes for the rest of your cycle.

Missy Such wonderful news! what a great result from the 8 eggies! Babydust babydust everywhere for their growings. Hang in there with the waiting. DF keeps telling me focus on one day at a time and it helps.

Well, I've just realised yesterday in full terms that DF is going to be away at the time I probably start stim which means I have to do injections on my own and be brave for a while on my own during the stim phase. I was upset, but I'm looking at it being a opportunity to really get my courage-guts going as I don't think I've done that enough so far since I've started. I've got a little stuffed lion soft toy called Leo that DF bought me recently, and we've turned him in to the mascot for AC. He's very keen to be mascot to anyone who wants some courage vibes

Synarel is making me stupido tired, and the headaches in the afternoon are no good, but Leo and DF says "hang in there Miss C - one day at a time".

Hope everyone is ok

Lots of warm squishy hugs

Miss C
    Last edited by Acacia; November 2nd, 2007 at 04:16 PM. Reason: incorrect term

Melsta, you're a day ahead of me. I'll have my second lucrin injection tonight.

Sonya, it is good to hear from you again. Hang in there, get some councelling if necessary (did wonders for me), but most of all be gentle with yourself.

Was in the worst mood at work today, but feel happier than I have in weeks now that I've got home. Don't remember lucrin having any impact on my mood before, but it's been a while. Perhaps it was just ratty students as a result of exams, Friday, last period and RAIN! Yep, we've discovered how to break the drought - buy a motorbike!

So many new people, and I'm really struggling to keep track of who's who... my brain is fried!

BW

Melsta, the vial mixing one is a bit scary, but it was fine the 2 times I did it. This time, the clinic has an all in one thing - far easier when the time comes. I am currently on puregon, 250iu. Today was the first day, and DH had an early start so it was DIY time, it went fine though. Scary how quickly it all came back from the IUIs 2 years ago! Congratulations on your anniversary, an evening out sounds wonderful, enjoy!!

Thanks Missy! When do you get more news on your embies?

Missc, you will be fine, its very easy - the first is the most daunting! Your little Leo sounds gorgeous, thats a very cute idea, I hope he is lucky for you (and if so, send him this way :P ) He and DH sound very wise, one day at a time is good advice. The headaches are no fun, I agree.

BW - Sorry the lucrin is giving you troubles. I read about your motorbike in your journal last night. I not long got my Dh OFF one after he had a relatively mild (thankfully!) accident with a tram one day. As a fun thing to ride on a weekend hobby - wonderful - as a form of commuting - not so much!!

Happy weekend all

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast