Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception ~ December 2006

Default Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception ~ December 2006

Hello all!

New month and a new beginning! Here's to many BFPs this month! Remember, every new cycle is a chance at achieving your dream...

Your Moderating/Admin team for this forum are as followsIf you have any issues/problems with this forum feel free to email any of the above moderators who will be happy to assist you. All emails will be treated confidentially

Your old thread can be found
    here

Love

Finally....AF arrived overnight. I feel like crap and can't wait for it to be over lol, but I'm so glad that cycle is finished. I had been feeling quite sick and bloated for most of last week. From what I have read, it is quite normal to have longer cycles straight after an IVF cycle but I hope it goes back to normal quickly!

macca27975 Guest

Thank you to all for your positive thoughts and support. I have just gotton home from my BT so I should be getting my results sometime after lunch for an early chrissie gift. I am doing well with the thought of either result, however I would just love a but if not we will back on the horse again in February, so who knows. The clinic this morning did say that it is not uncommon for AF to arrive after the BT but it is also a good sign that it hasn't arrived as yet, so we will see.

Megan - Sorry to here AF arrived and I believe 2007 will be a big baby boom year. They do say to expect a longer cycle after a treated cycle and I think that is the reason they say to have a months break between cycles, but atleast now you can plan you next step. Hope you are feel better soon and all the best with your next cycle, send you and for luck

Hi Macca - just wanting to wish you all the best with your BT today.

Megan - sorry AF was late and so confusing for you. Are you starting day 1 again now? or waiting for January?

Sari - im so so sorry honey, I too have had this happen (twice) and just when you feel youve finally got there. keep your chin up and were here for you xx

To all others hurry up and get out. (i mean that in the best possible way)

macca27975 Guest

Well got my results back and as I thought it is a , but that is OK, cause I thought it would be, I guess you get to know your body really well through this whole process and I was kinda prepared for the Negative, so not really having a bad day today, had that on Thursday.

I would like to say thank you to everyone for your support and best wishes through this process it has been a great help and I couldn't have done it as well as I have without your support, thank you

Anyway having a break and planning on enjoying christmas and new years then we will be back on the horse in February for our second go. I have a feeling 2007 will be our year and it will also be a good year for a big baby boom.

Thanks again and to you all.

Macca, so sorry that it was a BFN for you.

Megan, great that AF finally arrived for you and you aren't wondering what she's doing! But wish it was a BFP for you instead.

BIG hello to everyone else. Lou, how are things with you?
    getting ready for some BDing action here, so will see how we go this month.

Nic

Hey guys,

Macca - sorry hon to hear of you bfn, happy for you that you are dealing ok with it.
    Like you said it will be nice to have a little break to enjoy the xmas period without any other pressure.

Megan - glad for you that af arrived although like Nic said I was hoping like hell you were pg.

Sari - hope you're feeling better soon.

Well still having stitch like cramping here, not so much today but every other day this week I have had it.
    I figure I am probably 6/7 dpo so another week to go, should find out just before or on xmas whether it's a yay or nay.
    Either way I'm going to have a really fantastic xmas or a sad one (I will try not to be too sad though because I do love xmas).
    I know what I want from Santa & yes I have been good this year!!!

Jo

Hi Ladies!

Macca & Sari - Big big hugs to both of you..hoping that you both are feeling ok soon.
    This just doesn't get any easier, my thoughts are with you xxx

Megan - Bummer about AF, I was a little convinced for you!!!

Not to worry girls, we will all have a better year in 2007 - we just HAVE to!!! We will be reading about BFP's here before you know it.
    I guess for all of our sakes, Christmas is so much of a distraction Jan/Feb will be here in no time, and we'll all be back ready to go again.
    Thinking of you all,

Holly xxxx

macca - so sorry about the BFN, bummer!!

Sari - keep your chin up, it has to happen sooner or later!

megan - I guess you have to have xmas off with most of us, damn, well at least you can try and enjoy your xmas!

nic - good luck with your b'ding action!! LOL

Jo - how are you feeling? Got my fingers crossed for you!

Holly - Here's to 2007, things can only get better!!

Now that i've had time to digest our BFN, kim and i have talked and have decided (yeah right that always can be undecided) that if i dont fall pregnant by my 35th birthday (aug 07) that kim is going to start doing IUI to try and have a baby for us! So exciting, i've been digging her baby photos out and although kim has NEVER felt the urge to be pregnant, she says she guesses she wont know how she feels about it until it happens, she might like it once she is pregnant... goals are good right??
    Last edited by Megan&Kim; December 20th, 2006 at 03:01 AM. Reason: forgot to add the word NEVER, changes the whole story...

macca27975 Guest

all thank you for your kind words and support, however I am doing well, had an up and down day on Saturday but I guess that can only be expected, but my DH & I are doing well. My AF arrived today and I think my hormones are all over the shop, been feeling a little nervous/anxious at times, but I guess that can be expected with all the medication and the emotional rollacoaster, but I am sure all will settle down soon.

Getting back into the old routine, start my rowing again in the morning, not looking forward to the 5.00am starts but it helps with keeping fit and keeping the mind occupied and not thinking about baby making all the time. We are looking forward to Christmas, finally finished all the gift shopping, need to still buy some food, but we are waiting til Friday for that, don't really want to buy it all now, might eat it all.

I would like to say congratulations again to all those who got their what a great early chrissie gift, I am so happy for you! Those of us that are trying again in 2007, I really think it will be our year, it will be a good year for a baby boom!

Anyway I would like to wish you all a very merry christmas and a happy and safe news years.

Hi Guys

I hope everyone is doing well, (or as best they can under the circumstances) Thanks to everyone for your wishes is nice to have people who truely understand what it feels like, and Macca you hit the nail on the head, thats exactly how I am feeling so at least I am being 'normal'.. woo hoo I am normal for once !!! heh heh

Jo - good luck with your wait what a wonderful pressie this would be. I really have all my fingers and toes crossed for you.. even the piggies. Sending lots of sticky vibes

Nic - fingers crossed - and have fun ?!!!

Megan - good luck with this round, I hope it all goes well.

Two mums - August is a long way away, so much can happen between now and then. Heres hoping that you dont need to be making that decision.

Good luck everyone and I hope that you all have a fantastic xmas and that next year is THE year for all of us.

Blessed be

Sari

Hi Everyone

I just wanted to say thank you for everyone's support while I was TTC. It was great to have others who understand. I have my fingers crossed that its BFP's for you all next year.

Macca: I am really sorry this cycle didn't work out for you. Its great you can be so positive. I am sure that will help you with your next try.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Hi girls,

well, I'm back from holidays and anxious to catch up on where everyone's at! Will be reading up over the next few days, but wanted to let you all know I'm back and to feel free to contact me about anything you wish to discuss!

love
    sushee

macca27975 Guest

Fig - Thank you for your kind words, but I think I put on a front most days, but you do what you need to do to get through this process and try and get that end result. I need to keep busy otherwise the mind seems to wonder off on its own I couldn't of gotton through this first cycle without the support from all the lovely ladies in this forum, it is great to talk to people that understand. I am in two minds about if it will ever work, I want it too and I am trying to do all I can to make that dream come true, but I guess after 5 years you always have that thing in the back of your head asking why, how come and when will it happen. I hope that 2007 will be our year and I am trying to stay positive, but it is hard as you would know! I wish someone could tell me that it will be true and when. How are you feeling and how is it all going?

Sari - I am glad you have posted I have been waiting to see how you are doing. How are you doing and how are things going? I understand your feelings and it is never easy. Please know we are all hear from you anytime if needed. Sometimes it is nice just to get things off your chest and this is a perfect place to do that.

Hope everyone else is doing well and counting the days down to Christmas, I am counting down the days til work is over for at least 2 weeks.

Hi there,

Twomums - hopefully you wont need to take up that option but it's nice to know that it could be a possibility.

Macca - Glad to hear you are doing ok, but I know what you mean about putting on a good front.
    We even fool ourselves sometimes.
    Good on you for finishing your xmas shopping.

Sushee - hope you had a wonderful holiday, sorry you couldn't come back to some BFPs.

G'day to Sari, Holly & Nic.

Boo & Zap - how are you girls?

Well I think I am 8/9 DPO but my stitch like cramping has been gone for a couple of days now & I don't have any other symptoms so I'm thinking I am probably not pg.
    This means I will be heading off to my spec. in a couple of weeks & I am just wanting to know something from you ladies.
    For anyone going through ivf etc. do you work?
    I am aware that these things take a bit of time out of your life & I'm wondering how that interferes with work.
    You see no one really knows, especially at work that we are ttc & I am guessing that if we decide to go ivf that I will have to tell them & get certain days off work.

Jo

Jo - Here's hoping that you won't need that appointment.

sushee - welcome back! How was the holiday?

Have missed out so far with the BDing action DH is on nightshift at the moment, so will probably miss the egg this month. I'm pretty peeved actually...we were out the other night at a party, and I asked if he was coming home with me for some babydancing, and he said for me to go home and he wouldnt be far behind!
    He come home at 4.30am! Not a happy camper here at all..but anyway, nothing I can do about it now hey.

Big hello to everyone else.

Nic

Morning ladies just popping into say a quick hello - sorry for no personals. Been really busy in the lead up to Xmas - can't wait until Friday afternoon is here and i'm on holidays!! We're spending Xmas in the NT this year, really looking forward to it.

Jo - good question i'm in the same spot as you and have been thinking about how i'm going to get around work, really don't want to tell them what is going on I'll be interested to see the girls answers.

I'll try and come and come back for personals before Xmas but just incase i hope you all have a fantastic Xmas and an even better New Year - 2007 is going to be the year for all of us!!

Sushee, welcome back!! Hope you had a great holiday!

Jo, I work full time and I started a new job about 2 months before we started going down the IVF path. I really didn't know what to expect in terms of number of appointments etc so I decided to tell my boss what we were doing and that I would need some time off. Initially I took a couple of hours on a couple of days for the counselling session and the first meeting with my nurse where you get all of your drugs, instructions etc. All of my appointments for for BT's and ultrasounds I was able to make early morning before work.
    It took a couple of days off for EPU and my transfer fell on a saturday so that was ok. This time with the FET, I will take a couple of hours the morning of the transfer and then head straight to work as it's so straight forward and painless. I found it quite easy to fit it all in. The hardest part I found was being extra hormonal at work (I was so sensitive to everything!)
    I do think I could have quite easily gone through the whole process without telling work and if I was in my last job I would have. However, I didn't want to look like I was going to interviews or being sneaky as I am on contract and want to stay where I am!

Nic, bugger about DH being on night shift! It's so hard isn't it? The first 12 months we were TTC my DH was on night shift, so it was a bit tricky. Now he works days, but get's up at 4.30 so he's too tired at night! lol can't win!!!

Boo, have a great time in the NT. I haven't been back there for so long and would love to up for a holiday.

Spoke to my nurse a couple of days ago and we are waiting another month before doing the FET to try and get my normal cycle back. So, more waiting here. So, I think I will try and chart properly this month and try again for a natural BFP!

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast