Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception ~ October 2006

~Jane~ Guest

hi everyone

All went well, we got 7 eggs which I was pleased with, although a bit surprised as there were 17 follies. As I said to DH, 7 is my lucky number (my birthday) so I am taking it all as a good sign.

It was nowhere near as scary as I thought, I was fairly nervous going in, but they sedated me nice and good, DH said at one point I looked over at him and then went straight back to sleep. I have been snoozing all day and feel pretty sore so will be having an early night tonight.

Leis - let's hope they are good quality, I won't know the fertilisation rate until transfer on wednesday, so thinking lot's of calm happy non-worrying thoughts until then.

Jane - seven is good and you only need one really good one (though of course I hope you get seven good ones ... enough for frosties). I've been hanging out all day, dying to know how it went. Now I'll be on tenterhooks until your transfer day. Rest up ... you've done well.

Hello to lovely Leis, Melbel, Rachael and others. Good luck everyone.

Love,

Mel

Seven is great Jane.......one for the oven and some to spare...hehe.....now we wait with baited breath till wednesday.

Well done Jane! Hopefully you will get a few frosties out of this cycle!
    Well, I am ready to go as well. Had another scan this morning and have 19 follicles, of which they think 12 are a good size ranging 18-20mm.
    So, I am triggering in 20 minutes and pick up is Wednesday. I just want the trigger over with!

~Jane~ Guest

Melbel it sounds like baking, one for the oven and the others straight into the freezer for later on LOL

I am hanging out til Wednesday and hoping like mad I get a good fertilization rate, it would be nice not to have to do this every time and I take my hat off to all the lovely ladies that don't get frosties, it's a big process to have to go through.

~Jane~ Guest

Megan - we posted at the same time, well done with the scan today and good luck with the trigger, you will be fine. Hope you get lot's of eggies on Wednesday.

Good luck with the trigger Megan I hope your EPU goes well on Wednesday.

Thanks Cherie! It wasn't tooo bad. Probably would have been better if DH got the needle in the first go! lol He went to jab it in and it just bounced off my stomach!! The look on his face was priceless! lol Second time lucky though and all was ok. So glad it's over

wow look what happens when i dont post for a few days - its all happening in here!

Congrats on 7 Jane you must be thrilled - i know its confusing when you have so many more but they only take so many (does that make sence?) was dh in with you when you had epu? at monash they fully sedate you but i read somewhere at Melb they only sedate you as much as they need to? and now ive changed clinics its all like starting anew PS Sending you very sticky vibes for your tf when is it by the way?

Megan i hope the trigger went well and that your all set for 2morrow - when do you start the horrid pesseries ? Hoping for lorry loads of eggies for you

well im going for my scan today to see how many follie i have so hoping i can have pick up thursday as my gyn is away sunday and im really wanting her to do the tf

girls are you having day2,3 or blast tf?

Ive tryed all three i was hoping to have day three but i think gyn can only squeese in a day 2!

BBL to let you all know how i got on

And a BIG THANKYOU to SEZ for coming with me today and getting up early on your day off.Your the best

Megan- LOL about the needle bouncing off your stomach!!

Jane It only takes one good egg so I have everyting crossed for you!

Cherie Nice to see your bump growing!

As for me i have to have another trigger injection again tomorrow. Dr Gronow said it was to make sure I do not bleed early. Does anyone know if it helps thicken my linning??

Take care
    Racheal

~Jane~ Guest

Megan - DH cracked up about the bouncing needle and said he wasn't surpised at all, apparently he thought he was going to do the same thing, I got him to do mine in the rear so I didn't have to watch as I am sure I would have put him off. Good luck tomorrow, sending egg-filled vibes your way.

Racheal - not sure if the trigger shot helps with thickening the lining, from what my FS said the other day at my scan he sort of indicated the lining was the right thickness for me so it wasn't something I asked.

Lou - it is confusing with the number of follies vs number of eggs. DH did come in with me and apparently the dr talked about what he was doing the whole time but poor DH must have been a bit freaked because he can't remember what the dr was saying. He did say it was cool when they took the eggs into the lab, he watched them on a big plasma screen as they checked them under a micrscope and said they looked like grains of sand so that would have been good to see. They gave me the option of as little sedation as I wanted and I opted for as much as possible without a general anesthetic as they make me sick usually, plus I wanted DH to be involved as much as possible as I think it's important that he doesn't feel like it's all me and he doesn't have an imput. Good news is I didn't feel a thing, I was fairly out of it, sort of felt like a was dreaming and floating.

Well only today to go and tomorro I have my transfer (day 2) and will know in the morning how many fertilised, I get the transfer time after lunch so I am going to find a nice distraction this morning. Perhaps a little retail therapy might be involved.

Big Hi to everyone, have a great day.
    Last edited by ~Jane~; October 24th, 2006 at 09:17 AM.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Yay Jane on the excellent number of eggs, though I know it's a little wierd having 17 follies but only 7 eggs. They likely didn't all mature at the same rate, and some came up empty. But 7 is a lucky number indeed, so will be watching for your transfer tomorrow!

Megan, my DH never did bounce off me, that's coz he always seemed to relish making sure he got the needle in nice and firmly. I suspect he enjoyed it a little too much.

Rach, if you're doing another HCG injection, it's likely as support for your lining!

Hello everyone! Sounds like loads of cycling going on here! Very exciting!

Dear Megan and Kim,
    Congratulations on not throwing in the towel. I think it is wonderful that you are both so dedicated to this plight and to each other. When this blessed babe is sent to you, it will be luckiest babe alive to have such devoted parents.

Pauline

Well ladies i have just had my scan and will go in either next mon or tue looks like i have about 8 - 10 eggs that are good to collect which the gyn is happy for.

One prob - DH is on antibiotics for an infection in his finger so this may affect our outcome. they are dicloxacillin 500mg hes on 4 a day so if anyone knows what effects may be caused pls let me know.

Now feeling very sad and not wanting to talk to anyone sorry sez if i was alittle away with it all b4 you left but it does make me feel like it may never happen and finding it hard to hear everyone elses pg worries and joys right now.

My nurse just called back and she said that it shouldnt be a problem. she said its sometimes a worry when partners start meds with steriods but that antibiotic should be fine

Great to read that your husbands meds will not effect the ivf loula.

Take care
    Racheal

hooray for jano.. 7 is a great number matie.. with any luck you will never have to stim again, as this 7 will be your whole family... can hardly wait until tomorrow to hear the news.. leis xx

~Jane~ Guest

lou that is great news, I had a feeling it would be ok, but didn't want to give out un-founded advice, sometimes a little bit of knowledge is a very dangerous thing and I would hate to do that to you.

I am being so slack, I told DH I would finish my uni assignment and I have been @rsing around all day, I even scrubbed the shower to get out of it PMSL, I should get back to it and stop day dreaming about baby related topics.

Oh yeah forgot to tell you all - transfer is tomorrow morning, I can't wait to hear how we all went.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast