Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception ~ October 2006

That's great news Jane! Hope you're ready to go on Monday so you can get it over with and get rid of any discomfort you're feeling at the moment.
    I had my scan today as well. I have 16 follies at the moment but they are all a bit small. The biggest measuring at 11mm and they need to be at 18-20mm for pick up.
    So, I have another BT in the morning and they will decided whether to change my gonal-f dosage and then another BT and scan on Monday morning to see how they have progressed. Hopefully then we will have more of an idea whats happening. Jane, do you know how big your follies were??
    I'm quite sore today and doubt I will be doing alot over the weekend either!

Congrats Jane

Hoping it is monday for you as then its one less day with any injections

Wishing you all the very best i cant wait to be in the tww wait with you and Megan

Dont worry Magan they just want nice and juicy ones and you must be pleased with 16 wow thats great

~Jane~ Guest

Hi Megan - they were 20mm on the left and 19mm on the right, so he said I was well and truly ready to go. They are just organising the theatre schedule and letting me know whether I will be on the Monday list or the Tuesday list.

Lou - I am hoping it's monday too, one less day of injections and I feel like cr@p to be honest, I am really bloated and sore. I can't wait for the tww as well.

Mel, Sush and Leis - thanks for the kind thoughts, the support in here really has been fantastic

Jane, no wonder you're sore! I can't imagine all of mine almost doubling in size from what they were this morning! lol I've read that they can grow up to 2mm per day so I'm hoping mine are almost there on Monday.
    DH doesn't want transfer until Thursday. A while ago we bought tickets for Jimmy Barnes and that's on Wednesday night and he really wants to go!! lol For that matter, so do I and its a fully seated show so I should be ok (unless I happen to have EPU that day) But, he's planning it all out and talking to my follies, telling them to wait until thursday!! lol

~Jane~ Guest

Megan what are the odds your tickets would be the same week as your pickup lol, one of the fun parts of IVF really isn't it, all this suspense of when it is going to happen (tongue firmly planted in cheek)

Well pickup is Monday, we are triggering tonight, thank heavens. I am feeling pretty rough at this point, I feel a bit blah and am quite sore so I am not surprised we are all ready for pickup. It's funny we haven't told our family or friends what is happening, I did tell work (after all the dramas) so that I could organise the time off, it was going to be too hard just to call in sick with the way they have been monitoring my every move, so I am having a few days off. So now any time I talk to my fam or friends I feel like I am hiding something. I think it is better than getting quizzed everyday about whether I have news or not.

I am off for a snooze and then finish my assignment I have been procrastinating about - that should keep my mind off things
    Last edited by ~Jane~; October 21st, 2006 at 02:30 PM.

Jane, hope it all goes well on Monday
    IKWYM about telling family. I had only told work and one friend and some online friends. I normally only speak to Mum every few weeks and she lives a few hours away so it was quite easy not to tell her. I told DH I didn't want his mum to know because she doesn't know how to keep things to herself. Last weekend my mum left a message and I had this huge wave of guilt wash over me so when I rang her back I told her. I felt such a huge relief after I told her, and I know she wont tell anyone except her partner and that's fine. However, the next day MIL came up for a visit and DH wanted to tell her so now she knows too. She's been told not to tell anyone but I think she would have been on the phone withing 30 seconds of leaving here. The main thing I guess is that no one has called all week! lol I really don't want a hundred phone calls after pick up/transfer and during the TWW!
    Last edited by Megan; October 21st, 2006 at 06:15 PM.

Jano, i will be thinking of you tomorrow... can hardly wait to hear how many.. i think you will get double figures... have been thinking of you over the weekend... love and hugs leis xx

Jane, how was the trigger shot??

~Jane~ Guest

Megan - I am happy to admit I was packing at the thought of it, but it really wasn't that much more painful than my puregon shots. I did feel the drug making its way in more but nothing compared to say an antibiotic job in the bum. DH said it was a tiny bit harder to administer, he thought the actual needle was slightly thicker but other than that all went well. They really are quite tame as far as needles go, that being said I am really glad that DH is doing them for me, I am sure I would hurt myself more as I would definately hesitate.

Good luck with your scan in the morning.

That's good to hear because I am really dreading it. i did my own injection on Friday night as DH was running late and I thought I would give it a go. It was much easier but he feels like he's been sacked and is a bit sad! lol
    THanks for the wishes for tomorrow's scan. I'm hoping it's all going ok. Feeling more twinges in my lower belly and quite a heavy feeling.
    Have you lost your appetite at all??? I have been struggling to eat the last 2 days. Even a glass of water leaves me feeling full and bloated.

~Jane~ Guest

Yep, my appetite is woeful at the moment, I felt so sick yesterday and didn't feel like eating much, I think I am sort of all over bloated. I just had some lunch before and didn't feel like finishing it either....bring on tomorrow I say.

It sounds like you won't be far behind me Megan

hi girls hope you are all doing well! hope all the jabbing and pick ups over the next week goes well for everyone.

Had my IUI last Thursday all went well. I did post that morning but I think my post got a little lost in amongst all the IVF going on.

Oh Well so offically in the tww. We will see how it goes. If this doesn't go well Am thinking of giving this whole ttc a rest for a while way too emotional. I find myself overreacting over the tinest thing these days.

Enough about me

Take Care
    Racheal

Hi Racheal....so sorry I missed your post. I just went back and realised we posted at the same time which I would say is why I missed it. I hope the TWW goes quickly for you. It's completely understandable having a break from TTC if you feel like it is getting too much emotionally. IKWYM about over reacting at small things because I have been doing the same and some times I just feel completely out of control.
    But.....with a little bit of luck and lots of baby dust you will be celebrating your BFP in a couple of weeks and moving to the land of preg buddies! Good luck!

Good luck for the morning Jane. I hope Lyndon gets a good number of super dooper eggies and they all fertilise for you!!

~Jane~ Guest

Thanks Mel, I am soooo nervous.

Will be back online tomorrow or Tuesday to let you all know how many we get.

Oh Zap, how many IUI's have you had now?? I am about to embark on the road of IUI's and i am trying to not set myself up for dissapointment every month, so am giving myself 12 months to get pregnant before looking at IVF again. So instead of having a TWW i am looking at a 12 month wait. I picture myself trying to get on with life as usual, just every month going in for the IUI! Like going to the dentist every month or something and forgetting about it. HAH! Probably wont turn out that way as soon as i get the first BFN.......Hope this one is a BFP for you!!

Jano .. any news yet.. I am sure you will get some great quality ones... leis xx

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast