Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC, Infertility & IVF - August/September '05

Blue Sky Guest

Hi Trish -
    it all seems a bit unreal. I thought I may have mozzed it (ie celebrated too early) last night as I had some spotting. Had a BT this morning and IVF nurses have increased pessary dosage so am hoping its nothing to worry about. Will find out (and post!) after 3pm. Until then, I'm on "light duties" so to speak.
    Have you got a nice day planned with DH?

Hi Blue
    I'm thinking of you. Am sure the spotting is nothing to worry about. A friend of mine had spotting at 12 weeks and was put on light duties. She hasn't had to do the vacuuming for almost 30 years now....
    Sue

Hi all

Keen- It was kate Foster what a small world! She lived next door to my old boss and we spent many a night drinking and laughing with her and rex. Have you heard anything about baby Rose all i have heard is that she is still in the same condition.

If you hear anything else please let me know and i shall do the same.

Take Care
    Racheal

ONE SLEEP TO GO!!!!!

Blue Sky Guest

LOL Humphrey - is that until you have a MIL free house again?

Thanks Sue. My levels have gone up to 906 and they say that I should only worry if the flow is heavy and bright red. But yet, I just have that feeling that I'm not out of the woods yet. I saw your post - so you're going to give it another crack? Good for you!

Kelly - well done on the 1st injection!! It doesnt feel like it right now, but it does get easier.

Keen - I'm a believer in omens too. I had my transfer on the same date my Niece was born. I say date because in Aust time she was actually born the day after.. anyway, I think it was pretty cool!

Cheers
    blue
    :bluestick:

Hi Blue
    I'm more ignorant about pg levels (obviously) than the drugs I mentioned in my separate post! I guess it will be normal for you to feel nervous/anxious considering what you've been through. You'll be fine.
    Giving it another go? I think so, just need to decide whether to change clinics or not. It took this one 4 days to phone after I left a message AF had arrived. Then the nurse suggested donor egg as well as sperm. Not sure that's what I want at this stage. Time will tell. Still have a lot to consider. But all these lovely success stories restored my faith!!!
    Love
    Sue

Cazz, sweetheart I am so very sorry. I really hope they do a good investigation into things so they can be better prepared next time around.

Its interesting how many of you have had omen type things happen with pregnancies - perhaps its my turn for one.... guess we'll see.

Humphrey - very excited for you!

Trish - :hugs: to you. So sorry to hear AF showed, and her timing was just awful. Hope you can take the time for you and DH as you need it tomorrow. Im a big believer in when one leaves this world, another is set to join.

Ness, I am IUI so no idea when it will be.

Cazz How are you doing tonight? Have been thinking of you.

Trish, its good to hear from you, I am sorry you're having such an awful time

Sue, I hope you get some resolution soon, be it at the current or another clinic.

I have just had shot #2 and it was a little easier. Got DH to do it again, I just can't do it. I have always had a real needle phobia, and fear of all things medical and clinical. I got over it with blood tests etc or so I thought, but this seems to be feeding it a bit. I had a couple of operations as a little little girl and it all started then. I remember I was so scared of needles after my operation that when it came time for the usual needle you have in the first year of school, I threw a massive tantrum in front of every student and teacher in the hall. I wonder - if I kick and scream on the floor tomorrow night do you think DH will give me a lolly to convince me to get it over with as worked in 1983...? :-k

Cazz - So sorry sweet. Look after yourself & know that I'm thinking of you.

Trish - I just don't know what to say.......... I was just praying so hard that this would be your cycle. I'll be thinking of you over the next couple of daysxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxx

Keen - Looks like you & I may be cycle buddies again!!! I'm doing a Clomid, FSH & Antagonist cycle which is like a flare and AF is due around the 4th so I'll be in good company in 2ww (assuming all goes right & I make it there.)

Blue - So Stoked for you, I hope you have a magnificent 8 months xxxxxx

Everyone else - I hope your all doing well & hopefully soon I will be able to post a bit more (shifts just haven't allowed the last couple of weeks.)

WELCOME to all the newbies too, may your stay be short & sweet!!!

Love

Ali xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Kel, Id ask for the lolly anyway - certainly cant hurt

Cazz and Trish

Just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you.

Love,

Mel

Keen - Good luck with that FET!

You too Ali.

To everyone else I've missed I will catch up in a few days time. Hope you are all well.

Love,

Mel

Thinking of you today Trish :hugs:

Wow awfully quiet in hear today.
    I had a scan this morning and that beautiful follicle is now 18mm so I had the trigger and have insem in the mornig after working all night tonight!!

Love and luck to all whether on the top of the loop, halfway down, easing into the exit, or lining up for the next ride!!

Good luck tomorrow Shezabelle.. i have everything crossed for you .. i hope you have everything crossed too... oh not your legs though

Firemangirl xx

amandaw Guest

Good luck from me too, Shez.

I have 3 days until I find out whether we've had any luck this (natural) cycle and then I'll be joining you on the AIH ride...

Amanda

hi ladies

Shezz- Good luck all fingers and toes crossed

Amanda- Good luck for three days time!! [-o<

Cazz and Trish- Thinking of you both

As for me 5 more days to go! I am feeling a little crampy so you never know!! [-o<

My husband's aunty asked me if i was preg on the weekend because she said she could smell it!!!!!????? What the hell is a preg women meant to smell like anyway!!! :smt102

Take Care Everyone
    Racheal

Ahhh hahahaha Rach that is so funny ... she could smell that you were pregnant.....yeah i wonder what a preg woman does smell like...?? They say that dogs can smell all the hormones in a pregnant woman??? so maybe she is right.. lets hope so.. good luck

firemansgirl

cazzoom Guest

Hi guys!
    I want to thank you for all your kind thoughts and hugs! know that they are returned!

Anyway the bloody spotting stopped as soon as it started yesterday ](*,)
    I just wish I knew what was going on!!! I so want to scream!!!

My blood test is tomorrow morning I guess I will know more then!!

Racheal~ that is so funny! I always stink to high heaven when I am pregnant. its because my temps go up and I get the night sweats and for some reason even my best body wash cant completely drown out the odour! I guess its possible to smell a pregnant woman!!

Amanda~ good luck!

Shezabelle~ good luck with the IUI

Kel~ I have a similar story to you.
    I hated needles even the thought of them really strange have no idea where it came from. when I was in grade 5 and we were supposed to have our triple antigen needles done I was so freaked out about it. I was the last in the line of grade 5's(deliberately on my teachers part) because I kept saying I was NOT having the needle. I kept saying I would cry and scream and hurt the doctor.
    Anyway come to my turn and I did exactly that, KICKED, SCREAMED, BIT the doctor, teacher, nurse lol. anyway what I did not mention was I did this in front of 2 classes of grade preppies waiting for their needles.
    I DID NOT end up having the needle that day and was put into counselling by the school for 6 months!!!!
    Anyway fast forward and leant to deal with needles(barely and always crying) and then I had to start having blood tests...that I could handle they were taking stuff out so it did not hurt so much right???
    Anyway then I had to do the injections. My need to get pregnant outweighed any need to be scared of doing the needle.
    The first time I did it I was going to be doing needles at 7pm.......by 9pm the needle was still waiting to go in. eventually I just took the plunge and stuck it in. I did not even feel it. It was so funny cos I looked and there it was in my belly I was dancing in my chair going "its in its in" then I pushed the top of the pen and it was over. It did not hurt one little bit and now I could do it with my eyes closed!!
    Dont worry. remember the outcome you want from the injections and it will help you overcome the fear!

Cazz

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast