Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC, Infertility & IVF - August/September '05

amandaw Guest

I too have started writing down some thoughts - it helps getting them out of my head and on to paper.

One of the gorgeous girls I supervise asked why I seemed so sad lately so I gave her the 60 second humourous version of the situation (people seem to cope better if you can see the lighter side of things - you don't laugh, you'll cry, right?)...she left a little gift on my desk last night...a beautiful notebook with the mesage "hope the blank pages of this journal inspire you to start writing about your "Turkey Baster Times and Trials and Tribulations"...bless her.

I'm a little way into a poem, which I thought I'd share with you guys...it's not finished, but neither's my journey, hey?! It's about the rollercoaster of emotions that goes with pregnancy, miscarriage and long term unfertility...

Rollercoaster

The sight of two pink lines on a pregnancy test
    Month after month of just one

The butterfly flicker of your baby's heartbeat on the ultrasound
    The sound of the doctor's voice as they tell you it's gone

The look on your husband's face when you find out you're pregnant
    The anguish in his eyes when it's all over

The secret joy you hold within yourself as you spread your hands over your still-flat belly
    The private pain of every failed attempt

Blue Sky Guest

Amanda, your poem is touching. Had me in tears. Thank you. I hope it ends with something rhyming with "big fat positive"

Trish - am thinking of you.

Sue - how are you holding out? Have you had your appt yet? Sorry I've lost track.

Cazz - I feel for you pet. :hugs:

Hope everyone is doing okay. my love to you all
    blue

okay Girls i am offically going crazy!!!

Only three days until af is due and all i want to do is Test!!!

I have been a little crampy and i have a sore back but then again i fell over the other day so that may be the back problem.

I went to the fertility doc last night and he said try naturally for the next few months and then onto iui.

I hope you are all going alright i am sending you all my love and best wishes

Lots of love
    Racheal

PS Going to buy a hpt now i can't stand the wait!

Good luck Racheal [-o<

hi everyone
    Blue, hi!! How's everything going? Reality hit home yet? Relaxing???
    My appointment is this Thursday. See what miracle rabbits he can pull out of his hat....
    Cazz, I can't even imagine how you must be feeling. Take care.
    Hang in there Racheal and everyone else on the 2WW - aaaggggghhhhhh.
    Kelly, Keen, Shazz, Sheree how are you all?
    Good luck to everyone out there - wherever you are on this journey. I've lost track too #-o
    Sue

Blue Sky Guest

Hi Sue - Sorry to be a downer but I got some bad news yesterday. I begged for a repeat BT to give me peace of mind and it showed that the levels have dropped down to 236 (from 906). Repeat test on Monday/Wednesday but the prognosis is not good. Am hoping for a miracle too!! Hope all goes well for the appt!! I read an article in the paper the other day about donor fathers & urging men to consider. I hope it drummed up some business!

Rach - fingers crossed for you sweetie!! Hope AF stays away from you.

take care everyone
    blue

Blue.... sh*t, sh*t, sh*t. I'm crying typing this. still.
    I'm sorry if you posted that before and I didn't see it.
    As much as I'd love us to be cycle buddies again, I really hope we won't be.
    Chin up.
    Sue

Cazz and blue, youre both in my thoughts.

Not a lot happening at my end. Just stimming away. BT Monday to see how its going.

cazzoom Guest

Ahhh Blue Im sorry! I definately understand. If you need anything please email me [email protected]

Cazz

Blue & Cazz, sorry it isn't your month, maybe we can make it a double whammy next time! Rest up.

Racheal, good luck on your testing, will keep an eye out for your results.

Sue, hope you get lots of info together for your appointment & feel good about it. And hope there are lots of guys out there donating.

Amanda, will definately be keeping an eye out for more of your poem. It is soooo hard emotionally that I think it helps to see it out on paper & relate to it.

Humphrey, glad MIL is gone, time to get down to the serious baby making/cooking.

Keen & Ali, cheers to a new start again, hope for success.

Had my Oestrogen shot today, have to have another tomorrow, have to go to the clinic to get them done so bit of a pain on Fathers Day but am going to make a family picnic out of it for DH. Nurse sat with me & we went through my results so far explaining benefit/reason for HRT FET. Feel a bit more knowledgeable now. ET will probably be Monday week

Take care & hope everyone's weekends are enjoyable.

Blue - I was so sad to hear your news, you must be feeling so cheated.

Good to hear you're giving it another go Sue - don't let it beat you!

Zap - good luck with the testing. I know how you feel, I'm a sucker for the early POAS.

Had another U/S and BT. Gee, you think they could at least heat that gel for me on a cold Saturday morning. My lining is good (9mm) and oestrogen levels good. Another BT tomorrow and hopefully the last. We're going to be pretty close together Tam!

Hope everyone one else is enjoying their weekend and give your soon to be fathers a big hug tomorrow.

Tam - why did they say you were on a HRT FET? I've been wondering why I'm on a natural cycle.

Humphrey, was wondering what day embies you have & how many you put back, mine are blasts & will have 1 put back.

Nurse said I am HRT FET because my hormone levels have been borderline throughout all my previous attempts. Though my lining is ok, 8mm, my oestrogen is low and then in my leuteal phase my levels have been a bit iffy as well (I had to have both oestrogen & projesterone support for a few cycles), so I guess it's a case of taking total charge of every aspect.
    So I need a second oestrogen booster tomorrow & then BT & scan on Monday to see how it's all going.
    And to think I felt like I was doing nothing!!!!! Not now, lol.

hi all i did the test last night

I did the test again this morning

The :af: must be on her way this tue or wed.

Oh well back to the drawing board.

Take Care
    Racheal

Don't forget, they've been known to be wrong before.
    Hang in there Racheal.
    Sue

Blue Sky Guest

Hi and thanks everyone for your thoughts and support. Sue - I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to upset you. (Although I also get teary when I hear bad news on this forum so I understand!). I loved your reaction though - it summed it up beautifully!! (tee hee!) I think I'm okay with it? I've had my cry. I was holding out for a miracle but I think the chances are very slim. But, who knows. Maybe some work experience kid mucked up the test... Anyway, its all a learning process. Next time I'll be more prepared.

Has anyone heard from Trish? I miss you sweetie and hope you're taking care of yourself.

Rach - dont give up hope sweetie. Its only early days yet. Nasty sticks are known to be wrong!

Good luck Tam and Humph!! I'm so excited for you!

have a pleasant valley sunday all,
    love
    Blue

Blue, sorry to upset ME? You're a wally.
    So, where to from here (after you do the mourn/storm thing properly)?
    Sue

Blue Sky Guest

He he Sue - yes, I should be more sensitive! Where to? The IVF dr said to have another BT on Wednesday but I have a path referral slip thing from my GP - I might go have a BT tomorrow. (Whats another needle?) I still have more embies in the freezer so next cycle will likely be another HRT FET. Was thinking of taking a few months off to a) give the old body a rest from all the drugs; b) lose a bit of weight; c) concentrate on school; d) give the bank balance a rest.. but I might be better off financially (given I've already gone over the medicare threshold) to keep trying? Just thoughts. I guess health of mind body and spirit are more important than the financial side. But I havent discussed it with DH yet. But am sure that he'll say to do what I think is best and support whatever I decide.
    Thats enough about me. Are you back at work yet? Hope you're taking it easy anyway.
    Cheers
    blue

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast