Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: LT TTC & taking Clomid/Metformin #5

HI Mollie, and welcome. The ladies here are awesome, so awesome that even those of us who have moved on from clomid onto injections are still here. I second Liz, the first months SE were the worst. Take it at night it minises the hot flushes. And don't let your FS talk you into taking ity for too long. I did about 12 cycles, had 3 early m/c and am now doing gonal f injections (not as bad as they sound). I have 1 DS after 6 months on clomid in 2005, and many, many ladies on here have gotten then BFP's.
    HTH,
    Bec
    P.S. Still forgot to get my BT results girls!

Thanks Ladies for the warm welcome, and the bit of info. I have been talking to a few ladies, who all have recommended taking it at night. I have also googled it. Probably not the best idea but I am a complusive googler lol.
    I have a whole list of questions to ask my FS, and I think I may have to have provera first as I am on cd65.

p.s Im still new with all the abbrevs so I will probs ask what some of them are like SE and a few others... ??

Default My third day on my first month of Chlomid, couplea questions

Hi all!

I am only on my third day so I'm just curious about a few side effects I think I am having, but trust me I am not looking for any problems, just wondering if they're related.

First, swelling yes, and I've been taking them at bedtime. First night I did wake up sorta crampy. The swelling has gone down but it's there!

Initially I felt sorta euphoric, kinda high actually, the first day or two, but as all things hormonal change now it's headed a bit toward feeling disconnected, I wouldn't say depressed but perhaps it could head that way.

Also, is there any reason that I can't take panadol and/or panadol with codeine (obviously, I'm not pregnant now so I'm talking about drug interactions). I have a back problem that seems as aggravated as it is when I'm PMSing right now. It helps in the mornings, but I completely forgot to ask my doc if there's any drug interactions.

Thanks!
    Bumbumg

Hi Mollie89 and BumBumG, welcome.
    I am just finishing my first cycle on clomid. So far no side effects for me. I did have minor discomfort with ovary pain round the time i ovulated, but thats it. Should be starting my second round in a few days.

Mollie89- SE means side effects. There is a sub-forum that lists all the abbreviations i think. Good luck with your appointment.

BumBumG, i wouldn't worry about feeling strange. as long as your not in a lot of pain or anything like that, in which case i would see your GP ASAP.

I wish both of you best of luck and don't be afraid to post any Questions you have, the ladies here are more than helpful.

Porsche thanks for the advice on the HPT's. With the blood tests, I was going to see our FS every 4-5 days having ultrasounds and I had BT's 3 times to see if I o'd as my eggs kept disappearing, so he wanted to know if I o'd or not.

Mollie it is always good to be prepared and have the questions with you, so many time I have had a question on my mind and forgotten to ask our FS. Just one thing with the provera to bring on AF I found that AF has quite alot heavier and I had more painful cramps, but hoping that it isn't the case for you.

BumBum, a few answers for you with my experience. I got a little bloated as well, but it did go away once I stopped taking them every cycle. My hormonal swings were quite eratic. I had to take cold ad flu tablets that codiene in them and the pharmasist said that it would be okay.

Hope everyone else is going well, I'm on the count down only 5 days to go YAY

Hi all

Sorry, I have been lurking over the past few days but havent had time to post. Got lots on at the moment!

Welcome to all the newbies...bumbumg, mollie, and anyone else I have missed! I am sure you will find this thread very informative. Most of the women on here are old hats at this clomid business ; - )

This is my fourth cycle and I think the only real side effect i am still getting is anger coupled with a bit of depression. I have been feeling so antagonistic, and everything is p***ing me off. I am currently CD 19 (about 4 days past ovulation). I agree with the advice not to stay on it too long. It seems the jury is still out on the potential long term effects of taking clomid for longer than 12 months. I will stay on it for another two cycles until i start IVF in Feb.

Speaking of which, I am excited to say we have booked all of our preliminary IVF appointments for Jan 13. I am still hoping I will get UTD before then (especially as it's going to leave us $4000 out of pocket for the first cycle!)

Tammara - A BIG CONGRATULATIONS on the birth of Dylan. You must be thrilled! I hope the surprise of him being a boy hasnt caused you too much grief in terms of having prepared for a girl (remember, boys look good in pink too!) Enjoy the first few weeks, they will go by so quickly and it is such a precious time. Enjoy x

Bec - hope your random BDing pays off!

I cant remember where everyone else is up to (d'oh!) and I cant look back on previous pages without losing this post before I send it....sorry gals!!!
    I hope everyone is doing well though and that we will all be blessed with BFPs in time for Christmas (what a lovely present that would be).

Take care all x
    n2l

Thanks Tasha I did have a look at that when I first started on BB, and then when I saw SE I went back to it but couldnt see it.. Hmm must be blind lol

epayne.. last time FS mentioned provera, after a cycle of 234 days AF decided to show up on her own so there was no need for me to take it, but I am glad to say I know all about painful cramps, and heavy flow. The story of my AF life!!! I dont think I have experienced it any different, even when I was on the pill.

I feel like such a nerd, because I have been writing down all these question to ask my FS, because I dont want to miss anything especially as DH wont be there with me because he has to work... So im counting down the days, which will be 6 tomorrow til I see the FS!!

Hi Ladies

Bumbumg - I never had the "off your tree" feeling or the swelling either. I would be calling your Dr to see if it's part of the "norm" for S/E it doesn't sound normal to me. Panadol or codeine are fine to take in conjunction to clomid.

Quote Originally Posted by BumBumG View Post
    Hi Ladies,

I joined this thread a few months ago, and it took me this long to start on my Chlomid. Which I did yesterday, at night as recommended. Just jumping back in to follow along.
    Hi & welcome back! Hope your stay is short & successful I didn't have any hallucinations or those type of side effects on Clomid & I did take panadol on it, so not sure why you have been advised not to? What dose are you on? I was only on 50.

Quote Originally Posted by ShanShan View Post
    AFM CD 58, day 5 primolut. Had Dr's appt on Thursday and seeing as my chart was all over the place he did and internal US. Right ovary covered in lots of little cysts and a huge cyst in my left ovary. Started me on Primolut for 10 days to bring on AF, upped my clomid to 150mg for last try. I ahve an appt on the 23rd December to see if the last try worked. If not the next steps are Laparoscopy and needling my ovaries and if that doesn't work it is IVF. Dr didn't sound very hopeful either after doing the US.
    Went to Brisbane for the weekend (Powderfingers last concert was awesome) and of course every where I turned there was pregnant bellies and bubs. After Thursdays appt it was a bit depressing and I was glad to get home.
    Sorry for the gloomy post but if I can't vent to you guys who understand the gloom then I will just keep it bottled up until I lose it.
    Thanks for the feedback on Primolut Bec, really not looking forward to AF now though, it is painful enough already and I don't know how I will function if it is worse. Doesn't help that i have had crampy stabbing pains for the last 2 weeks already and they keep getting worse. Also did you get a constant hot flush from it? I don't seem to be able to cool myself down.
    Will be interesting to see if the increase in the clomid dose increases my SE. It did las time so if it happens again noone will be able to even look at me without getting their head bitten off, lol.

Long post sorry but it has been a while, (sorry it was mainly about me, lol)

GL to everyone in their TWW and anyone about to O. We really need a BFP in this thread.
    Hey Shan, sorry to hear you are not travelling very well. FX the lap & drilling will help and there will be no need for IVF.

Quote Originally Posted by Porsche View Post
    We did the annoucment over the weekend. Started by sitting the kids down and putting the ultrasound DVD on and asking them what they thought. So they are excited. We then went down the coast and told the BIL & his wife. And as predicted she wants to do the baby shower lol.

We then told DH's Grandma and one of his aunts and now the whole world knows lol. We hadn't even walked in the door at home from telling them and we were getting TXT messages lol. Cat's out now. Who's idea was that??
    Woo hoo! Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Mollie89 View Post
    Hey Ladies..
    I hope you dont mind me joining the thread.

Ill give you a little background.. My DH and I have been TTC since June 2009. I have been diagonsed with PCOS, and have an appointment with the FS next Tuesday. At this appointment I am going to talk to her about starting Clomid...

I was wondering who is on clomid? and how you are finding it.. How long you have been on it?

Hi Mollie & welcome,

I did about 7-8 rounds of Clomid & has no success, so am doing IUI. I just hang out here cos I love all the gals Side effects were: hot flushes, insomnia, headaches, night sweats & mood swings (bad ones) - sort of like going through menopause for me :/

Quote Originally Posted by epayne View Post

AFM I am half way through my TWW. To fill you in on my assisted cycle this time, I was jabbing for 4 weeks and went up to 150iu per injection. during different times through the cycle I had 2 follies that disappeared and thought that it was going to be it when I went back last tues for my scan as I still had no follies. The FS got me to do another blood test and when I rang that afternoon he had said that I ovulated OMG I OVULATED BY MYSELF. And then I thought oh crap it had been a couple of days since DTD, so off home I went and jumped DH (sorry TMI). Also as my LP is short I am on progesterone pessaries nightly until I go back for a BT next Mon. I am half way through my TWW and am starting to anylise every little thing, which is starting to make me a little batty and I know I am going to give in and do a POAS test, but as a POAS test might not be accurate with the pregesterone I'm having will just have to wait and see.

Well sorry for babbling on a bit, looking forward to more BFP's on here.
    That is soo good to hear that you O'd on your own, I hope you caught that egg. Best of luck in the tww, I hope you have a BFP announcement for us

Bec - You must be flat out atm - report time :S My sister is really busy.

Hi to anyone else lurking around or anyone I have missed. Been a few posts to catch up on

AFM - Blood test next Thursday for pg but I am not hopeful today. Bbies are not really sore like they were and I have continually lower abdo cramping. I will possibly get AF Sunday, thereabouts so will know if I am pg or not probably before Thursday.

So im just going to hang low until next week after I have been to see my FS..

Default Hi Everyone

Welcome all the new girls everyone here is just wonderful and so helpful.
    Sorry i have not been on for a while. My computer is finally fixed thank goodness. I did not take clomid this month so not sure where i am. Just really depressed and over it so i thought i would take a break this month. My weight loss is not being very successful i really need more motivation i'm just being really slack. Even though all test have come back normal and i'm regular and i ovulate they dont understand even with this many rounds of clomid why i'm not falling pregnant. My mum's hassling me about my weight i'm about 20 kilos heavier than i was when i fell pregnant with DS2 so if any one has any motivational tips please let me know.
    Lots and Lots of Baby Dust to everyone we need some BFP's Good Luck

Rai, I know you're pain. I have lost 9.5kg so far, and I've found I just was ready to shed it and move forward. Belive me, I've tried and failed about a billion times, but I've just got the right head space at the moment. Incidently, it's given me something else to focus on aside from TTC. I hope you find the motivation you need,
    Bec

Thanks Bec usually when i put my mind to something i do it but not this time which is driving me crazy. That's fantastic you have lost so much weight you must be very proud of your self cause its just not easy congratulations. Thanks again

Rai I find it easier to exercise with friends. I need the social aspect to keep me going. I always say that I am the most unmotivated personal trainer ever, lol. Good luck with everything and my other tip is to vary your workouts so they don't become boring.

Oh and Bec congrats on the weight loss. That is great. Your right in saying that it helps to be in the right headspace. Keep up the good work. Any news yet?

Bec - Awesome news on the weight loss front - you go girl!

Rai - I agree with Bec, you have to be in the right place - I was there about 6 months ago but I have since lost the plot....

I still haven'r rung Shan! This is so unlike me, but I just figure I either am or I'm not so I'm not worried. I don't think I am incidentally!
    Jules- You've had a lot on your plate lately. The wagon never goes far, you can always get back on!

Rai, don't get down to much hun, we all have that much going on with our bodies with TTC and weightloss. And not to put a downer on your mum, but sounds like she needs to support you, not being on your back about things. (hope that doesn't sound too nasty)

Bec wow, that is great news about the weightloss, wooo hooo

Mollie you aren't a nerd for writting down the questions, it's great to be prepared.

Well I'm out for this cycle, AF decided to pay me a visit today and it has already started to be heavy and painfull We are going to the FS next thurs to start our last IUI cycle before IVF. We have decided that if we aren't pg by xmas we are going to have a break, and save our $$ for IVF.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Babydust to everyone

Thanks for your wishes for me and Dylan.

Yes it was definately a BIG surprise when the dr said HE is a big boy lol but not dissapointed in any way he is happy and healthy and doing great.

I forgot who asked but we were told definately a girl - just a bit wrong there DR. Luckily we did the nursery neutral just had to take all the clothes back that we had bought.

Just fed my boy and now i think its time to sleep.

Hope your all doing great fingers crossed for you all xxoo

Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast