Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: LT TTC & taking Clomid/Metformin #5

Mollie- I did 12 rounds of clomid this time and now I've moved on to injectables (FSH) which is the next step after clomid usually. I had bad SE my first round but after that not too bad, although as Clairesmummy said bad o pains usually, but at least it helps you know when you o! GL, and definately take it at night!

Clairesmummy- GL for your testing in 4 days! I hope it's a BFP for you!

AFM: Still the same, stil feeling yuck, but I'm trying to be philiosphical- either AF will come or it won't, at least I had a chance this cycle. I'll keep you posted

Bec XXX

Bec - 12 rounds! HOLY S&@!... I hope that you get a BFP !! I'm been monitored very closely because of my PCOS. Ultrasounds, blood tests, my FS does NOT want mulitples.. and neither do I.. 1 healthy happy baby will be fine for us!

Clairsmummy - I have been told by a lot of women to take it at night, that why if i do get any SE then I will hopefully experience them while I am sleeping.

I hope you all have some fun plans for New Year's tonight!!

Hi all,

It's been ages since I have posted. Been flat out with the lead up to Christmas and had a rotten cold for the past few days Feel lousy for New Year's Eve lol!

Oh well! Seems like there has been quite a bit of activity around here lately...

Rai - congratulations on your BFP! I hope your HCG levels keep getting better. I sympathise with the gallstones btw. I had one about 10 years ago and it was vile. I had my gall bladder removed in the end, which brought much relief.

Bec - Good luck for your next POAS. Hoping that second line comes up nice and strong!!

Clairesmummy - I found the symptoms varied each month. Some months hardly anything. Other months, much worse. Also, my period was all over the place in terms of "severity". A couple of light ones, then some really heavy ones. I think there are no hard and fast rules with clomid. What happens one month might not necessarily happen the next. Good luck!

Mollie - I think most of us have PCOS in here! (along with a myriad of other issues!!) My understanding is the risk of multiples isnt huge on clomid. Even if you have more than one follie, usually only one becomes dominant and releases an egg during ovulation. Good luck for your first cycle

AFM - Started my 6th round of clomid yesterday. I am not holding my breath for a BFP though. All the reading I have done says if you are not pregnant within three cycles of clomid, it is highly unlikely it will result in a pregnancy. There are always exceptions though!! Anyway, I start IVF/ICSI in February so I think this is my last clomid round. Fingers crossed it will end with a BFP!!!

Wishing everyone a happy, safe and joyous New Year!

Praying for a BFP for all of us

take care x

n2l

welcome back n2l: I got BFP's on my 1st, 6th and 11th round of clomid, but unfortunately not stickies. My DS was conceived in my 6th and final clomid cycle in 2005, so you never know!

Mollie, I'm glad they are monitoring closely it makes it much easier to track your cycle. Apparently lots of women are just put on clomid and either they fall pg that month or they don't, but don't scna or do BT or anything! They'll know in your first round how you respond to clomid, like n2l said, the risks of multiples aren't too bad, and neither is hyperstim. but it's good that they check.

AFM: Well I'm hopeless and I POAS again, and the second line came up straight away and much darker, with pm pee and not even holding on for that long. I'm cautiously optimistic that I can say BFP! But given my history, I'll wait till I see how BT goes to be sure. I REALLY hope this one is for real!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Bec XXXX

Bec - A HUGH CONGRATULATIONS YOU SO DESERVE YOUR BFP. WOOOO HOOOOOO. What a great way to start the new year:-))

AFM - The DR at the hospital when she gave me the results of 528 said your numbers start at 500 and go into the thousands and i must be just pregnant. Then i found the papers she gave me in my bag and my HSC was 28 which apparently means positive they ran the pg test twice. Then the blood test i done yesterday which was 2 days later its up to 58 which i think is low??? My doctor did say my progesterone on the test from yesterday was 61.4 and my oestradiol is 2438. My last cycle started on the 30-11-2010. I ovulated on the 12th which means i cant explain why its so low or maybe i O'd again later without knowing. Can anyone please give me your advise. Thanks xxx

Bec - How far along were you when you m/c when your hsg was 68? Sorry if too personal you dont have to answer if you dont want to.

n2l - thank you. Its strange to find that so many women have PCOS, when I was living in the NT no-one had even heard of it.. So its nice to have support, and be able to get questions answered.. good luck with the last clomid round, I hope it brings a BFP and you dont need to go ahead with IVF!!

bec - I hope this BFP sticks.. Im a little bit of a worry wart, so having the monitoring has calmed me a bit.

I have a question that hopefully someone can answer for me... Since I have come off the pill, and started TTC my AF has always been irregular, I had to have some provera to bring on AF, anyway my question is... How does AF work when you are on Clomid, when you have previously had irregular AF, how will you know when AF is due? ... Im a tad confused... :? TIA

rai- I think I was about 14DPO ish. The number was not bad for then, but the problem was that it didn't double in 48 hours. if you have a level of 20 but it doubles it's usually going ok. I don't mind you asking at all

mollie- my af was non existant after coming off the pill (which didn't agree with me at all!) and clomid regulated my cycles providing that I o'd that month. My cycles were still long, but they were always 30 days even when I was regular. HTH

Bec

Thanks Bec that helps alot, so I shall see how things go im kind of excited!

Wow Bec!!!!! Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you. When is your BT?

Hi Ladies

Bec I'm going to quietly congratulate you on your BFP. Will wait for your BT results though. I'm crossing my fingers that this one is your sticky. To answer your question I'm 22 weeks 3 days today. I can feel bubs move quite often now and I have been feeling her since 16 weeks. DH can feel her as well and he has been feeling her on and off for about a month as well. Just have to time it well lol.

Hi all,

Just popping in to wish you all a very Happy New Years & hope you have an awesome 2011!

Rai - Congratulations and wishing you a happy & healthy pregnancy! Thanks for your thoughts. x

Bec - Congratulations to you too! I so hope your BT confirms the POAS. Will be stalking for the official update.

Porsche - Thanks hun x

To everyone else, I hope your BFP's are just around the corner! Enjoy the rest of the night & enjoy tomorrow - 01/01/2011!

xx

Hi guys
    Just a quick happy new years and update
    Firstly congrats Rai hopefully you start a run of bfps. Bec fx'd that the bt confirms.
    Hi to everyone else and good luck with wherever you are in your cycles.
    Afm I am cd4 and taking the dreaded clomid again. Was meant to ring dr Wednesday morning but was busy doing cattle work and forgot. He doesn't go back til Tuesday so will have to wait til thenvto see if I ovulated last cycle. He assures me that this will be the last clomid cycle and if it doesn't work lap and ovary drilling are next step. Flushes and moods have already started ( earlier than usual). To top things off my friend announced that they are 13 wks pregnant. First try. Have tried to get drunk to avoid crying until I get to bed as I don't want to seem bitter but that was halted when they decided to leave pub and I no longer have an alcohol supply. Sorry to be so bitter but needed to vent and you girls seem to be the only ones who understand.
    Anyway hope every one has a happy new year. Talk to you in 2011. Look forward to seeing more bfps soon

Vent away Shan! It's such a kick in the face when people announce that they're pregnant and they fell first go like they are so amazing that luck fancied them. But hang in there, this cycle might be yours.

Thanks Porsche, Jules, Pumpgirl, Shan and everyone else. Will ring FS on Tuesday cause of course they're shut til then, or just go to my GP to get the BT. Providing AF doesn't arrive by then. WIll keep testing to make sure that line keeps getting darker. Early days...

Rai- When is your next BT?

I'm off to bed. I made it to 11.24 but I'm gonna pass out I'm so tired! Have a good one ladies!

Bec

OMG Bec, ok so I'm with Porshe & will quietly congratulate you, as I know what you have been through many times before! Everything crossed that this is a very very very sticky one for you Hun! I'll still be stalking!

Bec, congrats! FX for you! Happy New Year to everyone too!

Line is darker today! Good sign! How was everyone's new years?

ShanShan - Thank you and yes praying there are lots more BFP to follow. I understand your vent within in the 30 months ttc my really good friend has met her husband got married had a baby and is 5 months pregnant again its devestating when it happens especially when there not even trying like my girlfriend.

Bec - Wednesday is my next blood test. So happy for you its fantastic news the line is darker sending you lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of sticky vibes. Congratulations

AFM - I made it to 10.00pm and that was enough needed my bed. Hope everyone had a great night and wishing you all a HAPPY NEW YEAR with LOTS of BFP this year:-))

Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast