Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: LT TTC Two Week Wait #4

Thanks Sweetie

hmm KFC jealous much, have been sitting here watching KFC adds tempted to send DH down the road LOL!

I had the embryo glue last time worked for me (but then ectopic, but I think I had a scarred tube from a previous miscarriage, sorry thats proably not helping, but it did work at least). No glue this time though as my new clinic didn't offer it. Its hard to know whether things help or not but my old FS just used to say "keep your bases covered and thats all you can do". Hopefully it will work for you! xoxo

hi ladies thanks for your support, feeling better today but i have decided im not happy with being off the crinone for a week before testing as if i do have a prog problem then i could miscariage if not on any support. Just a question does any one know there prog levels from current or previous cycles after a STIM? i know it needs to be above 30 which it is but how high should it be considering my body should be producing a fair bit from stimulated follicles and then im on the crinone?

Iv got a good feeling about this cycle but im too scared to let my self get all worked up about it just in case! im not usually a real big poas person but i think i will do one early next week, when i have done them in a few of my past cycles the 2nd line showed up 6dpt so im thinking if i am it should show up monday.

I hope everyone is going ok, Aimee i wouldn't worry about the liquid stuff, when my DR wiped my insides lol i felt something run down straight away so yours was prob just sitting in there. Iv never heard about the glue??? sounds like a good idea.

Clairesmummy: So sorry its just not fair sometimes..but hopefully the clomid will do its trick and 2011 is your year..not quite sure what Clomid does, can anyone fill me in..

Kaybee: I still like the idea of being put to sleep for 2 weeks rather than going slightly mental for 2 weeks...how are you travelling now,have you picked your day your going to test. I think I will test by Tuesday next week. But I'm sooo impatient..hope we ar eboth about to grow fat..I've never liked exercise much..

Sweetie: Welcome your story sounds just like mine, we lost ours in June to trisomy. I know I wont be happy until the NT scan..yay we can go completely bonkers together over the next 3 months...

Tima: 1200 piece 3D puzzle OMG that sounds like my life LOL...so glad your here to go nuts too

Aimee: My clinic used an ultra sound for mine..and the glue, but they called it something else.

Oneday: I do believe these people forget that there are people attached to the results and a little bit of tact and bedside manner wouldn't hurt. Don't feel bad, you have to do what you feel is right..its your body after all.. I would ring them back and get stuck in..but thats me I'm tough on the phone ..good luck..so glad you have a good feeling..when are you testing?

Tantee: Welcome to the dark side LOL...hopefully we can all go mental together.

AFM: I'm ticking away here, I get into bed each night and think yay I made it through another day..tick tick tick..not sure if its time ticking over or a bomb about to explode..
    Was a bit down last night, but then I got left behind everyone went skiing...but feel okay today... to everyone...

Oneday, I haven't heard of discontinuing progesterone before BT and was under the impression that it is sometimes even continued after a positive, sometimes until the 12th week. But then again, some cycles don't use them at all but use the pregnyl shots once or twice after ET to support a possible pregnancy. I don't mean to alarm you as I am certainly no expert. Perhaps call them and say that you want to speak to a FS to discuss the matter to put your mind at ease. I can't see why you can't ask for more bloods, even if you have to pay extra, it seems that sometimes people forget the huge emotional investment you put into a cycle. It is a large busy clinic I know, but you should still have access to speak to a FS about it to put your mind at ease, not only the nurses. Please don't let it get you down.

I just checked my last cycle info and only know that my progesterone was 295 3 days after ET but I did have a pregnyl shot on the night of 2dt (with no crinone or prog support) so imagine that helped it get to a good level. I'm not really sure though.

Springlola - glad you are feeling better today. When is your BT?

AFM - If I had of known about the glue, maybe I should have asked for it.... Tarzan grip strength.. as I have had a stupid crazy cough for 8 weeks now and it has decided to freshen up again since ET - I'm talking coughing at least every 5 mins. Great, how is my embie going to stick if my every time I cough, my insides are like a trampoline! I know it is probably not the case but it feels like it.

Hey Ladies,

Congratulations on your transfers ladies for yesterday!

Tima - maybe I should get a puzzle or something too, my cupboards are getting very organised at least - how sad! Hope your bubs are getting cozy!

Clairesmum - sorry about AF, but at least you have a plan of action for this month. FX

Tantee - hope your little trampolining emby is making itself at home in there.

Oneday - I can't believe what a ***** your nurse is. It's just a bloody blood test, she didn't have to do anything. These days, especially with a big clinic, you have to take charge of your health care. I would have thought your FS would appreciate that. Anyway, on the prog thing, my understanding is that once pregnant on a STIM cycle or naturally (not a FET) your body produces its own progesterone. My clinic told me that if you have very low progesterone it's more a sign that the pg isn't going to last. So, the pregnancies don't fail because of the low progesterone, it's more that the low prog was a sign of an already failing pregnancy. Not sure if that makes sense (as usual) and I desperately hope that you won't need to worry about any of it :-)

Sweetie - so sorry to hear about your loss. I completely understand you not being able to relax until after the NT scan. Lets hope you get there very quickly

Aimee - How is your tummy going? Still bloated? I had a woman at work last week ask me if I was pregnant for the same reason. When I said 'no' she didn't even apologise or anything, she just said 'well, you look pregnant, your belly's really big'. Tactful! I'm glad you have lots of distractions this week.

Springlola - how's the wwwwwwaaaaaaaaiiiiiitttttttiiiiiinnnnnnnngggggggg going?

I feel like AF is coming. Yesterday I had this really heavy feeling all afternoon. I wanted to put myself out of my misery before the end of the week, so I POAS this morning and I nearly fell off the loo when I saw a very faint second line. A second line!!! I am trying to stay very calm and collected as there are so many possibilities and so many hurdles still ahead, but I still can't believe there was a second little line! I'm one step closer

Just popped in quickly!

Kaybee!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is sooooo goood and your BT is still 3 days away! such awesome news, so exciting to hear other people's BFP's

So excited for you, praying everything goes well from now on!

Hi Ladies
    Just popping in to wish you all BFP's and to send on some Goodluck and FX'd for you all!

Kaybee ~ congratulations on your BFP! that he or she snuggles in nice and tight for 9months

Hi girls- I'm not in the tww (but hopefully will be in a few days) just popping in to firstly say

WOOHOO to kaybee- sticky ones for you mate

Oneday- just want to share my thoughts on progesterone with you as I investigated it after my last cycle when I told mine was low. I agree with what Kaybee said, there was a study posted in another thread that looked at women doing ivf, some had progesterone supplements for the luteal phase only and the others took it for the whole 1st trimester, the only difference appeared to be the the ones taking it for longer just had later miscarriages. The jist was that low progesterone is a symptom of a failing pregnancy not a cause and the supplements will just delay the inevitable. So- don't stress about finishing the crinone before your blood test. For the record my my level was 36 and I m/c, the normal range I could find was anything over 20. I hope this helps, it made me feel less stressed abut the progestoerone level as something that will either work or not rather than something that is my 'fault'. Best of luck to you ( your level sounded good by the way)xx

Good luck and everywhere to you all

Thanks so much for your support ladies, your all truely angels one of my main reasons for concern about my prog level is because with my 1st STIM cycle my nurse tested my prog level 7dpt and my level was something like 13?? it was very low i had a small amount of HCG in my system which the nurses wern't sure if the embie started to take or if it was left over form my injections? but because we naturally produce prog on a STIM cycle plus i was on pessaries this really worried me and each other cycle my prog level has only ever really been around 30 or 40. But im going to POAS mon/tue i think so if i do get a positive i think i will ring the clinic for a blood test, im not going to let them tell me what to do im paying them money and its no sweat off their backs, some ppl are just plain rude!

Kaybee thats fantastic!! congrats and i hope you get a great HCG level, can you ask for an earlier BT?

Tantee your little embie will hold on nicely in there so don't worry

Saffy i hope to see you in here real soon xxxx

****sneaking in*****

Kaybee - Congratulations!!! I'm hoping that little embie holds on nice and tight for you.

**** sneaking out*****

Hi everyone!!!!!

another quick one from me am running late already!

Kaybee, that happened to me last night too, when out to dinner for a family birthday, a very polite lady asked me if I knew the sex of my "baby", I politely said no, my stomach is sooooo round I can't believe it, hoping it goes down soon.

Hi to everyone else hope you tww's are going well and time is passing quickly!!!

xoxo

ooohhh awkward question (embarrassed smiley). What are others thoughts on DTD during the TWW?
    Last edited by Aimee; December 8th, 2010 at 10:37 PM.

Kaybee - Congrats!!!!!! What great news and what a lovely Christmas present for you! When is your BT? How are you feeling - are you having any symptoms? How rude of your co-worker, some people are so inconsiderate.

Aimee - You poor thing re dinner last night - I never ask anyone if they're pregnant until it is absolutely obvious. I didn't ask the lady across the road until she was about 7 months pregnant to be sure!
    I was advised by FS to DTD on the night or next day of transfer which we did. Apparently it creates a good environment for implantation. I'm not really too keen to do anything more until BT but that is only 8 days away. Obviously DH thinks that DTD more often will be even more beneficial but me thinks this is not his main objective lol.

AFM - Am starting to stress and obsess over signs of implantation. Gotta get a grip!

Hey girls! aimee i dont DTD after only because with my first Stim cycle we did it 5 days after transfer and i started to spot so i did a POAS cause i freaked out and i got a faint 2nd line, when i went for a blood test the day after i had a small amount of HCG in my system they wern't sure if i was pg or not but i blammed my self for possibly lossing a baby because we DTD and to make matters worse my DH didn't want to do it as thats what he feared would happen. But dont let that stop you i just feel more comfortable not doing it just incase xxx

Congrats kaybee

I'll be back here soon have my transfer on Friday

Hi everyone!

Oneday - I know I spot after DTD too and it always freaks me out. Not sure what my progesterone levels are though as I've never had a bt for it but I do have much much less spotting when I'm on the progesterone support so that must mean it does work for me and I have also continued to take it up to 10 weeks pg before. That said with my DD2 I wasn't on crinone and I had a lot of spotting so much I thought it was a period and I still managed to carry her full term, so try not to be too hard on yourself. I don't think I'll ever understand how this process all works for different people!

Tantee - thanks for the advice, this sounds really really dumb as I know most women who are TTC naturally would probably not even know when their embie is in utero but there's no possibility of "flushing it out" is there? I always have a tonne of fluid come out afterwards. OMG anyone would think this was my first transfer I feel like such a newbie!

Trishy - look forward to hearing from you soon

Hi to Springlola, Kaybee, Saffy, Loops, and Lisa B!

Kaybee: Thats fabulous news.. your little embie snuggles in tightly. And the waiting is killing me..surely time goes slower for me than other people Tick Tick Tick...

Saffy: Hope to see you in here soon

tantee: My BT is Friday the 17th...about 17 years away it feels. Its not a glue as such, it was explained to me as a gel they keep the embie in with progesterone in it to start the embedding process. Some say its good to have a cold TTC because your immune system is fighting those bad bugs and doesnt notice the embies...happy bouncey baby vibes LOL..

Aimee: I guess the womans response after she asked is more hurtful than her asking. I am guilty as charged, I always asked people that aren't pg and then ones that are get offended because I don't ask..but then I've always just taken one foot out and put the other in...sooo many time foot in mouth.

Oneday: Progesterone or using Crinone was explained to us as what the body makes naturally by its self in a 'normal' cycle to prepare the uterus linning for implantation, but because our bodies are manipulated to shut down there is a chance the body does not produce it itself so this helps the linning until it kick starts itself. From what I could understand that the body only uses what it needs...hope this helps, what what a nasty witch of a woman your nurse is.,....I love my nurses, but have horrible FS'S..and if you want to argue to set your mind at rest..YOU DO IT GIRL, its your body you embie and your emmotional welfare that you need to take control of..Good Luck..go get em!!!

Tima and Sweetie hope your travelling well
    Loops: Thanks for popping and your well wishes.

AFM: Had a great day yesterday shoppping for christmas, have all my major presents but need to shop for the nick nacks now. Have my oldest DS here since Tuesday and staying until Friday so thats been nice...DH has been an absolute dream this past week, everytime I go to the loo he gets a funny look on his face like I'm checking for AF ..which ofcourse I am LOL.
    I've been a bit lost the last couple of days, thinking that a 2 day embie can't possibly work for us..but feeling better today and a bit more positive, not only about a possible pg but also all the things I'll do if I'm not...

Well thats my rant to everyone

Hi Ladies,

How are we all coping with this wait. I feel like a bit of a cheat because my BT is only tomorrow - one itty bitty day away.

Tantee - you're right - the 17th is a lifetime away, and I can't believe they told Oneday to wait until the 23rd!!! That's crazy. I bet there'll be some POASing going on with you guys. Any symptoms yet? It's such a horrible mind-game isn't it.

Springlola - sounds like you're riding the rollercoaster of ups and downs (there's no way it'll work, this one will work for sure....). I'm glad DH is being lovely. Mine was so much nicer after I'd had the transfer too - it's funny.

Aimee - I can't believe that woman asked you that - was it someone you know? As for DTD I don't think it affects it. If you're trying naturally they say to DTD every second day of the whole month incase you O early or late. So, it wouldn't be much different to that I'd think. The crinone has put my libido way down below freezing zone, which I know must be annoying for DH, but hey, he'll get over it!

Trishy - good luck for tomorrow.

Lisa B - thanks for checking in!

Saffy, Tima, Sweetie and anyone else - Hi - hope you're surviving.

AFM - dying for tomorrow's BT. I've POAS twice since Tuesday and I think the line is getting darker. Yay. I'm very excited, but trying to hold back in case hcg is low or prog is low or any one of the other million possibilities. LTTTC takes a lot of the excitement away and replaces it with fear. I have no symptoms other than being tired, but that could just be the weather. DH thinks my boobs are bigger, but it's just a new bra that actually works.

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast