Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: LTTTC & Assisted Conception ~ April 2006 #2

Jane - I just read yor post and gave the recruitment company a call. He said I am glad you called, we are almost there, I'll be in touch before 4pm. I am unsure what this means?? Well I guess I will before 4 pm.

I feel great about not putting myself on hold anymore. Don't get me wrong I think I want this baby more than ever, but I cannot sit around waiting for it. The reality is we are going to need IVF but before that we need our break and our trip next year.

~Jane~ Guest

Yay Chookie, I have everything crossed for you. It's very liberating knowing that our life isn't on hold. I totally agree with you, we're allowed to have a life and that doesn't mean we want a baby any less. Now I am hanging out to hear how things go for you.

chookie- im with you! i work for my mum and i spend hours and hoirs every day sitting in an office all by myself....I certainly know what its like to have too much time to think about ttc!

i am hoping to keep my eyes peeled for a good paying job in the near future---am hoping i remember how to impress at interviews etc

Danni - it comes back to you, I was a litle worried before I walked in but I actually surprised myself with what came flying out of my mouth!!! How are you after your holiday?? Are you feeling all rested & relxed??

Jane - Thank lovely, I'll jump on here as soon as I hear something.

ooohhh good luck Lil-chookie....i'll be waiting to see how you go...

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah_H
    Cherie how did the trigger go last night?
    It went absolutely fine I dropped in to North West Private Hospital, and the Nurse Unit Manager on duty did the injection for me - he was very gentle and I didn't feel a thing. Yesterday my abdomen felt a little bit tender and heavy, but it was actually less painful that the first few days of the Puregon injections.

I had my EPU this morning, in at the QFG Day Theatres in the city (not the North West Medical Centre where I have been going for everything else). I came out of the anaesthetic really quickly (that happened with my last anaesthetic too) and nobody told me that I said anything embarrassing lol.

We got 18 eggs :eek: Honestly, I had said to Gareth on the way there that I would be happy with 8-10, so I'm so surprised by this result. Bob (the OB) said he was thrilled with it, but quite concerned that I'm now at high risk of ovarian hyperstimulation and also that I'm going to feel very nauseous and in quite a bit of pain for a few days, because it can be worse with a higher number of eggs retrieved. He gave Gareth lots of instructions for making me comfy this weekend (who's been such a darling so far) and he's going to ring me tomorrow to let me know how many fertilised. So far, I'm not feeling at all nauseous, although my belly is pretty painful, but I have Series 5 of McLeod's Daughters on DVD to keep me occupied while I rest in my comfy recliner

Sorry for no other personals, but I'm going to head back to the couch and rest some more. I'm thinking of everyone, and hoping that you are all doing OK *mwa*

Oh Cherie - I'm so glad that you got heaps of eggs. Thats great news. I'm positive that you'll get heaps and heaps of fertilisation happening and that in a few weeks you'll be telling us that you've got a bubba in side of you. Fingers crossed for you my sweet and sending you lots and lots of sticky vibes and babydust. xxxx Rest up

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Cherie,

what a marvellouys result! I've been waiting to hear how you went, and what a success your first IVF cycle has been!

Rest up my sweet!

lil_chookie, I can relate to feeling like you're putting your life on hold. Yu end up sacrificing so much time, emotion and money into TTC that it's crazy that anyone could think you won't obsess about it every minute of the day, and that's so draining. Take care of you first!

love
    sushee

baby_love Guest

Cherie,

So glad to hear that your EPU went so well - sounds like you are travelling really well with your first IVF cycle. I hope that all goes Great and you can announce you BFP to us all really soon....Best of Luck to you
    Love Alex xox

Alex,

I just read in the other thread that you're a Concept girl! I went there too!

love
    sushee

I have an interview with the director of the company on Tuesday morning, yay!!!!! The recruitment consultant I am dealing with rang me back again to ask if I would take my piercing out if came to it to get the job (I have a little diamonte above my lip on the left) and I said NO!! I said it's part of me & it comes with me (I love my piercing!!). He said good on you, I have told him about it and I do not think it would be an issue but I just wanted to know where you stood in case after the interview he came back to me and said I would want her to remove it!! If they asked me to remove it I would not want to work for them anyway, they would be to much behind the times for me, this is 2006!!!!

Cherie - Yay for all the eggies!!!!

Chookie - Congratulations...i'll have my fingers crossed for you on Tuesday. Good on you for taking a stand with your piercing. A few years ago when i moved to Melbourne, i started going for job interviews etc, mainly in real estate as that is my families business and i've worked in the office on and off for years, plus i have my agents rep. certificate. Anyway i kept applying for property manager positions, but they kept telling me that i didn't have enough experience. Anyways...i was telling my mum and her therory was that they didn't give me the job because of my nose stud, which was a tiny diamonte that you could hardly notice. I told her that was crap and just coz she didn't like it doesn't mean that everyone else was going to judge me too. I told her to get with the times etc. After that everytime i went for an interview (but this stage i'd dummed myslef down for receptionist) i asked the people if they had any objections to my nose stud, and 100% of the time they said 'no...that's fine, in fact we hadn't even noticed it until you mentioned it'. So there you go. Most people don't care, and seriously, it's not like we've turned punk or anything with 20 peircings over our faces. You go girl....

PS. I did get the receptionist job and ended up practically running the whole office including property management and a little bit of sales....that showed them what i was made of.....:nana:

I got my job with a tongue stud! I thought it was so cool that govt could be so 'with it' Turns out no one even noticed it until I'd been there nearly 6 months! It's gone now (took it out 2 years ago) but I'm still working for the same place, 15 tattoos and all!

~Jane~ Guest

Yay Chookie - good luck with the interview, at least you have the weekend to get all prepared for it, nothing worse than when they ask you in the next day. Good on you about the piercing too, I work in a very conservative industry and heaps of girls have piercings, no-one ever bats an eyelid.

baby_love Guest

Hi Sushee,

Yes, I feel like Concept is like my second home at the moment LOL !!!
    How did you find them?? Any problems at all with anything or all good?? Personally I have not had any bad experience with them at all.
    Well I'm off to phone for todays blood test result lottery hee hee.......
    Love Alex xox

baby_love Guest

Hello - Me Again

Results as follows............
    Oestrogen now at 4000 (YAY!!)
    Another blood and U/S tomorrow and then EPU Monday or Tuesday Yehaaaaa!!!
    I'm actually really excited about this whole thing now.....Chat soon
    Love Alex xox
    (Grow little follies - Grow!! )

Yay Alex, how good is that!

Yeah, I really liked Concept and would recommend them without problems. The ladies there rock!

love
    sushee

Thanks Lovelies for Tuesday!!!

Shan - I used to be a Property Manager. I gave it away when I was working in an inner city Real Estate office and dealing with rich up themselves executives who gave me no respect because I was a young female. My assistant was a guy and it became very frustating going to meetings and having them direct conversation to them. My DH works as a Real Estate salesman and he loves it!!

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast