Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: LTTTC & Assisted Conception ~ April 2006 #2

Alex - YAY for your oestrogen levels. I hope everything goes well for your EPU next week.

Well, I'm feeling a bit disappointed, after the high I was on yesterday. Only 6 eggs fertilised. Dr said that DH's sperm didn't survive the ICSI preparation process very well, and they found it difficult to locate healthy sperm to inject. The Dr couldn't tell us the grading of any of the embryos yet, but we're still going ahead with the ET on Monday, so I'm just keeping all my fingers and toes crossed that our embies stay lovely and healthy for implantation. I know I'm silly for not being happy with 6, but I was sort of expecting more after yesterday's result.

skyelar Guest

Hi Cherie, just popped in & saw you are in the middle of your ICSI cycle. Chin up hon I can totally relate to feeling dissapointed. I got 5 eggs on EPU & 3 survived/fertilised.
    A very wise women here on BB told me it only takes one...& she was right
    Stay positive sweetie & I hope to see you in PGALTTTC really soon xo

baby_love Guest

Hi Girls,

Cherie - So sorry to hear you are feeling a little down.....I truly have my fingers crossed for you that you have all excellent embies - good luck for Monday sending you heaps of let us know how you go xoxox

As for me - I had a great result this morning at U/S. I am booked in for EPU on Monday morning at 6.60am (what a time) So good old Trigger shot tonight (eeewww).
    We shall see what Monday brings.
    Hope everyone else is doing well and having a relaxing weekend.......Chat soon
    Love Alex xox

Ooh Alex & Cherie, I'll be thinking of you both on Monday

All the best for Monday Alex & Cherie.... hope to get you guys outta here!

Hi Cherie,
    Just wanted to pop in and wish you all the best for monday pet. As Sky said it takes only one and at least that puts you in with a real chance. I only ever did single transfers and wallah. Put your feet up today or have a wonderful coupley day with DH...hehe I know its hard not to stress.
    Hi everyone else.....I have been mia, guee this TTCing is stressful
    Bec

~Jane~ Guest

Cherie - good luck tomorrow

Janee - hope you are going well too and all went well yesterday

I have everything crossed for both of you

janee Guest

everyone. Hope you're all OK today.

Alex and Cherie - good luck for tomorrow. I'm just in front of you guys.
    Thanks for your wishes Jane.

Well, after thinking we may have no blastocyst, we did - yay, and had our transfer yesterday. All went well. We had one frozen yesterday, and another make it today from blastocyst - so have two frosties now....however, I remain optimistic that we will not need them! Weird thing is though, I am still incredibly bloated - look like I'm 3 months gone already - would it be normal to be so swollen up still?
    Anway, just relieved all went ahead, and now the dreaded 2ww for a resounding success! for me and everyone else here!
    Take care everyone.
    Love
    Janee

Cherie & Alex, good luck to both of you for tomorrow. Sending you loads of sticky vibes.

Janee, I have everything crossed that you will get your BFP in 2 weeks and you won't need your snowbubs!

Nothing new here, I will be booking into the IVF clinic in July to get the ball rolling so I have maybe another 2 natural cycles to go before then. So, just more waiting!

KBaby06 Guest

Default Going away for a bit....

Hi girls
    Thought I had better jump in again! I've not felt like posting much for the past few days... dreaded af arrived on Wed 17 May so now am on 7th cycle of 50mg Clomid... I guess we will see what this month brings!!
    I will be mia for a while as going on holiday for 7 weeks... will be renovating and camping... travelling to Karratha & then Darwin to work on our properties... so that will keep us busy and hopefully distracted. I feel I need a break from concentrating on tcc ... just enjoy some time out and see if that helps.

Just wanted to wish everyone here all the best for this cycle... hope when I next pop my head in there are heaps of BFP to celebrate
    Janee all the best for your 2ww
    Alex & Cherie - good luck for tomorrow.

to every one else
    ciao Kate

Morning everyone. Hope you all had a great weekend.

Janee - I really hope this TTW goes so quickly for you. Sending you out lots of sticky vibes.....

Cherie & Alex - I'm sitting here thinking about you both, so can't wait to hear that everyone went well. GOOD LUCK...

Kate - have a great time away....you never know, by not thinking about TTC you could quite possibly get a little suprise. Wouldn't that be great....Have fun camping and with the reno's...

lil_chookie - where abouts did you work in the city and how long ago. You are in Melbourne right. I was inner city too during 2003 but quit coz i was practically running the place and getting paid a receptionist wage and we moved out to NarreWarren Sth, and it was way to much of a train trip in for me. 3 hours a day just on a train. Hated that....

Hi to everyone else...hope you all have a fantastic day...i gotta go light the fire..it's soooooo cold here at the moment and my house is freezing. We've got blue skys and sunshine, so i might just have to go and sit in the sun to defrost....

Shan - I finished up in Real Estate in 1999, I was working right in the middle of Melbourne city in Londsdale Street. I then moved onto to Mortgage Sales for one of the big banks for 4 years but when we moved to the Outer Eastern Suburbs the travel was too much.

Cherie & Alex - Thinking of you lovelies

Well my interview is tomorrow, the recruitment company called me and prepared me for the interview. It is now down to me and soemone else

DH & I had a really great talk on the weekend, we are done with TTC for now. I am half way through the 2ww but I feel just as I feel every other month so its just a matter of waiting for AF now.

We will have our first IVF appointment probably about April next year. But for now I need a break, I am drainied emotionally & physically, I need some time. I am off to join the gym as my goal by April is to be in the best physical shape I can be to give us every chance of IVF working. I am still going to continue with my kinesiologist as I feel is is really helping me, I have so much more clarity with my decisions since I have been seeing him. By April I shall be healthy in body & mind!!

After several years I am happy for now to say bye bye to temping, OPK's, CD's, DPO, pre-seed, Bding on the right days, essences, herbal concoctions, HPT's my list could go on.

The last 12 months have definatly been the most hardest in my journey and I thank you all so very much for being here to pick me up a little when I have been down. I really do thank you from the bottom of my heart, you have given the level of understanding that I needed so very much.

This is not goodbye, I will still pop in. I want to be around to celebrate when you all get your BFP's!!

So I send all my positive energy & baby dust for you all.

xox

hey guys...well i have had bright red spotting since last thursday.... very weird indeed. I am hoping its a good sign? im a bit worried though and will be bringing it up with my FS tomorrow.

Im scared of what he is going to say. I am going in alone and telling them that dale could not produce his semen sample after his third attempt and we are refusing for him to keep trying. He will not do it as he cant function under pressure (lucky he is not female!)

so hopefully there is another avenue we can persue. i hope he doesnt send me away-- i think we are ready for our next step...maybe iui?

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Cherie,

I can relate to being down about only havng 6 eggs fertilise. It's not silly to feel that way. We want to best results and each hurdle is so stressful. I'll be that your 6 do really well for themselves.

Alex, good luck for your EPU, hunny!

lil_chookie, yes TTC is really a hard road to travel when you're having difficulties. It's a good thing to take time out to think about you, and look after you. And you're right, you'll then be fighting fit for April!

Danni, Good luck with your appt. I feel for poor Dale. It's a lot of pressure, really. Poor thing. I don't know if I could do it if I knew everyone was outside knowing exactly what I was doing in that room!

Janee, yay on the transfer!

love
    sushee

Thanks Sushee ... after my initial disappointment at only 6 fertilised, I started to feel a bit greedy lol. I guess there's no right or wrong way to feel when going through this process.

Danni - good luck with your appt tomorrow. It sounds like you've got a lot on your plate at the moment. Poor Dale - I hope that you both find another option that doesn't leave him feeling so pressured to perform.

Chookie - well, I'm glad it's not goodbye, but I'll still say best of luck for all your preparation over the next 12 months. It must be an incredible sense of relief to let it go for a period of time ... especially all the TTC paraphernalia that goes along with it. I was soooo glad to stop temping, after doing it for about 12 months or more. That in itself actually reduced my stress levels enormously, because I didn't have expectations of my body every single day that were actually out of my control anyway. Don't be a stranger

Shan - how are you doing? Hope you've defrosted a bit today. Up here in Brissy, we're still using fans at nighttime, and air-conditioning in the car. I'd love a bit of cool weather for a change.

Kate - sorry to hear that AF showed up I hope you have a great time away with the camping and renovations .. sounds like a break might be just what the Dr ordered.

Megan - hope the TMW (two month wait) doesn't drag on for too long

Janee - glad to hear that your transfer went smoothly. I'm keeping everything crossed that you'll be announcing a BFP in a couple of weeks time. Re: the bloating, I'm still so bloated that I can't even see my own pubic hair anymore lol. I've always had a bit of a tummy, but nothing like this.

Well, we had 2 embies transferred this afternoon. The Dr said that both were very good quality, and the 4 we are freezing were also very good quality, so I'm feeling much more positive now. Why did nobody tell me how undignified the whole process was going to be LOL. I knew that I'd have my legs up in the air, but the way I was positioned ..... I spent the entire time worrying that I was going to pass wind on the Dr's head Next time, I'm definitely shaving my legs and having a brazilian wax before I go in there lol.

hehe cherie. i ALWAYS forget to shave my legs before these things and i am so embarassed there. But yet i always remember to do my brazillian hehe.

last week i had a pap smear and colposcopy done and they have these new microscopes that they use with a video camera. So i can see my cervix up on a screen. OMG when i saw i had stubble hahaha

Oh Danni - you crack me up...good luck with your appointment tomorrow....

Lil_chookie - How good does it feel when you can let things go and make that decision not to worry about it any more. I did that a few weeks ago, hense not have any bt's or scans or anything with this cycle, and if it doesn't work this time, DH and i too have decided to take a break for a while and get ourselves in tip top condition before we go back and they tell us that we will have to do AIH or anything like that. I'd much rather be in the right frame of mind and be ready physically if we take that next step. Good on you and good luck for your interview....

Cherie - My fingers are crossed for you that you get great results and that you announce a BFP in two weeks. Well done on your two embies.....i've only just started to defrost coz we've just shut the shop and DH had lit the fire in the house this arvo (which happens to be here in the sunroom where i've got the computer set up) so it's nice and toasty....

Hope everyone else is doing well....

just pasting from another thread guys--hope you dont mind but my head is spinning right now. Im gunna need heaps of support from you guys- im hoping you can help me!

juat got back from fs appointment. Saw John Mcbain and he was lovely!! he said we need ivf and he was in a pickle cos normally they tell women to wait until they are 25 before referring to ivf.

He sat there staring at the window for what seemed like an eternity then turned back to me and held my hand and said "Im just gunna pretend I dont know you are only 21. I can see how mature you are and I can see in your eyes how much you long for a child of your own just like older women out there".

i teared up and i thanked him immensly for giving me chance and not using my age against me. We have to see him at the freemasons next week for our first ivf appointment and dale needs to produce a sample so they can freeze it next week.

i guess its all positive from here. Wish us luck for our first cycle! as much as i knew this was coming: its still such a shock...and im upset in a way...

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast