Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: LTTTC & Assisted Conception ~ December 2005

Hi Chris,
    I hope you are both ok. Sorry to hear about the test result.
    Here's to a fresh start for you and your DH in 2006, Best of luck!
    Love,
    Deirdre

Chris - so sorry for your BFN. But please reconsider giving up your embie, as there are other options to doing a HRT FET. Have you considered a low stim FET? All the best

Melinda Guest

I'm so sorry about the BFN Chris.

Bel - good luck for your appt tomorrow.

Hi Chris, so sorry to hear about the bfn. Sending lots of positive vibes and cheer your way for 2006.

Take care,
    Marg

Hello, can I be added here please?

Name - dragonfly
    State - NSW
    My Previous Cycle Length -33
    Cycle Type - natural
    FF Link -
    Months of TTC - 15
    Medications - ayurvedic herbs
    Important Dates - 17/12/05 AF past due

Current from 7/12/05

Hi girls,

I posted and then I have been really ill with a cold and havent been back, so im sitting on couch sick and reading all the posts now!..

Thanks for the lovely welcome girls , Skye thanks for introducing me to this.

Leis - My doc at Sydney IVF is Dr Mark Bowman - im sorry to hear your treatment was unsuccessful hon. Im very anxious about meeting him tomorrow and finding out where to go next.

Will come back and say hello and let you all know how I go.

Bel
    xxx

I just finished reading the beginning of this thread and instantly I knew I wanted to be here!
    On theweekend we had a family get together with my DH's side.
    Out of no where his brother announces they are pg with #2. Then WHAM just to knock the wind out of us his other brother announces that they are also pg with #2. We barely made it out of there without cracking....but not before being lobbed a couple of "your turn will come" balls. Thanks for that!!!!!!!!! #%**#
    The worst of it is that the whole family are fully aware that we have been TTC for 15mths with no medical explanation for it.

Anyway that's my cringe story for this week.
    I'm just glad I can share it with others who won't judge me.

Dragonfly

Sorry about the BFN Chris

Welcome new posters!

Dragonfly, that had to hurt. I find it even more difficult when people I feel should know better make comments like that.

I am just in my 2ww, keeping busy, waiting for xmas eve to get my result. Hoping we have an extra merry xmas this year... 8-)

Love that the smilies all have xmas hats!

Welcome Dragonfly! :flower:
    Good to have some new *faces*.
    Family and friends can say some really stupid things...I've been surprised by some comments, particularly at the lack of thought behind them. At least here you can express yourself and you know that we get it.
    Best of luck!!
    Cheers,
    Didge

How's it going Kell?
    I hope you and your DH get a lovely surprise for Christmas!
    I'll be joining you on the 2ww this Sunday.
    Best of luck!
    Didge

Hi Bin

don't be to nervous, i know alot of ladies who have been through Dr Bowman and he is apparently extremely nice and very caring.. you are making the right choice by going through with him and SIVF they are just tops.. expensive but i wouldn't go elsewhere...

good luck and remain calm, you will be fine...

love leis

ps hope that cold disappears soon...
    xx

Hi Bel - sorry to hear you've been sick. Good luck tomorrow with Mark. Don't be scared about what he'll say. There's so many options available to you still, think of it as a step forward and closer to holding your baby in your arms. Good luck, I'll look out for you tomorrow on msn.

Hi there!
    Well, I have my very first OPU tomorrow morning and ET Sunday (if all goes well) and I'm feeling a bit nervous/anxious/excited about it. Any advice or suggestions/experiences?
    Thanks.
    Didge

Hi didge, lots lof luck with the OPU and ET. :luck:

I haven't had any major problems with either so far. I had a general anaesthetic for my OPU and I always find 'going under' a bit weird but after I woke up and sat for a while I felt fine. Did have some light cramping for a couple of days and took some paracetamol but nothing major. The ET is similar to a pap smear - not pleasant but bearable! After the transfer was done they left me alone for 10 minutes, in the dark, with classical music playing! Not sure how much of a difference that made! :-k

Hope it all goes great for you. :bluestick:

Marg

Thanks Marg,
    Which clinic do you go to? I'm with MIVF. Was wondering if they allow you to rest a little after the ET...after all the legs in the air bizzo with ttc, I'd feel a bit ripped off

...and classical music? Wonder if I can take in my ipod..... 8-)

Hi didge, I went through Albury (RMA). They've been fantastic but have run out of donors (that was a shock to hear!). I've now made an appointment with Ballarat IVF for the new year - I'm hoping they'll accept me, otherwise I'll make some enquiries in Melbourne.

I found they were much more strict after the OPU than the ET when it came to resting and recovering - I guess that's coz of the general. And then I didn't want to go to the loo for hours after the ET - just in case!

Actually the iPod sounds like a good idea - I might remember that for next time!

Marg

Hi Girls,

So, my appointment went well. Dr Bowman is lovely and reassuring. He he wants me to up my dose of metformin to 3 a day and take clomid again for next 2 cycles and do cycle tracking through SIVF Clinic so we can understand if clomid actually is producing enough eggs and folicles because it hasnt worked so far since my M/C. If not we will do IVF in around March next year we think.

So girls, whats involved with with cycle tracking? is it just blood tests and ultrasounds throughout the cycle? when do you usually have them? any info appreciated, I will also read the SIVF for more info. We have a chat booked at SIVF Clinic early Jan to discuss but any info now would be wonderful so we can prepare ourselves.

Hello to everyone, I havent had time to read all the posts so will do that after work as Im madly trying to get lots of work done as boss has made appearance in office today! yikes, so I apologise I havent done any personals. I will do tonight. Thanks for all your support.

Bel
    xxx

The things we do eh?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast