Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: LTTTC & Assisted Conception ~ February/March '06

Sam - sending a virtual hot cocoa and sleepy dreams for you. I hope your flu clears up quickly. I'm glad to hear that you're feeling OK about AF showing up, and best of luck for the 29th. My first IVF appt is the 10th April, so I'm doing the same as you ... trying to stay physically and emotionally healthy in preparation. Best of luck sweets.

Sarams - how are you doing hun? Glad to hear that you're not minding the jabs too much.

Meredith - YAY for you and your low hcg levels finally! I hope this cycle is your lucky one.

Jane - LOL at your TWW delusions ... I know the feeling ... despite me not ovulating and DH's spermies not cooperating, I still get that hopeful feeling for every day that AF doesn't show up. I hope your optimism pays off

I'm up to Day 12 of my third Clomid cycle ... I ordered some pre-seed and OPK's this time around, so that when I go to the IVF appt next month, I know that I've pretty much tried everything else possible. Unfortunately the pre-seed is quite expensive, and I'm still not able to pinpoint my O date (since I haven't O'd on the Clomid before), so DH are thinking we might have to take a deep breath ... and use eggwhites for a couple of days, until the OPK's show that I'm O'ing. OMG ... I truly never thought I would resort to using foodstuffs to get pregnant, but you've gotta do what you've gotta do hey

~Jane~ Guest

Sararms - hope it's all going well for you, glad to hear you go into everything with a positive attitude as well

Well I am still tww-ing, yesterday was good as I had uni all day so I didn't really have time to think about it, mind you the girl I sat down next to in the lecture theatre was a midwife LOL so I have been over on the hospital recomendations forum all day planning out my imaginary pregnancy LOL I think well at least I am organised. I am amazed by the number of people who seem to pick a hospital and then chose the doctor, I would have thought it to be the other way around, or perhaps I have been going to gyneas for too long for all this endo and infertility stuff where you tend to pick the doc and then they tell you which hospital they work from.

Inspiration - I am thinking of getting pre-seed for next month. I am starting clomid and a bit worried as I never get the EWCM now. I am also going to be 100mg of clomid which sounds more than everyone over in the clomid buddies forum (i have been lurking around).

Meredith - LOL at your comment, dont worry I too have thought I could be pg even though we hadn't DTD and DH laughs and asks me if there is something I am not telling him

Hope everyone is well. I am going to have to get offline now as I have a shocker headache and I dont think the computer screen is helping things

sararms Guest

Hi ladies!

Not much to report here. husband hurt with the jab this morning and yesterday morning! I think Imay have to trade him in for some kind of medical person who can give me pain free jabs. It's not a good way to start the day, with a sharp pain in you arse!! If you don't laugh about it you'll never get through it right?

Still managing to stay relatively calm. However, the last two times I thought I was calm but when it's all over you realise you were by no means calm at all. I can't go to reflexology while I'm down regging because reflexology stimulates your system. I think I will go and get some relaxation CD's or someting so I can mentally shut off.

I'm avoiding doing what I usually do, and scour catalogues in the internet for maternity and baby clothes, pick names mentally prepare the baby room. Don't do it, don't do it!!! I'm telling myself.

jane I hope the TWW is too torturous for you.

Inspiration If this cycle of IVF doesn't work for us, I too will be using food to try and get pregnant. There is no dignity in being a woman trying to conceive.

Hi Girls, just dropping in quickly.

Hope you are all doing very well.

I'm off to the clinic tomorrow for a scan to check my follies, so i'll do a good post tomorrow and get some personals done too.

Best of luck to everyone.

LOL Jano about your imaginary pregnancy, i picked out my hospital and Dr before we even TTC, now i have gone one step further and yesterday i was checking out the private school websites..... LOL!!! Bugger that the one my mum went to no longer takes boarders!!!!!!!! Don't worry honey you arn't the only one!!!!
    :wave: to everyone else...

love leis xx

sararms Guest

oops sorry for the multiple posts. I have no idea what happened!!!

Sorry

~Jane~ Guest

Well PMT is here so I guess good old AF is not far behind. Thinking of having a "mental health" day tomorrow, I have been really stressed this month and had the worst tww on record,. I dont know if I mentioned on any other ocassion that I have a bit of a problem with anxiety and it's not good at the moment to say the least. At least there is a long weekend in sight, although after Uni tonight it looks as though studying will be top of the list of things to do.

How is everyone?

Sararms hope the jabs are going well and DH is perfecting his technique

Leis - LOL about the school, dont worry DH has all that worked out for us

Hope everyone is well

Popping in as haven't had much time to post lately.
    Hope everyone is well and looking forwrad to some better news in here very soon
    Leis - Hope you are recuperating well. you have such a great sense of humour considering what you have been througn -and still another major surery to go!! Hope you at least get that cathter out soon and a least some time to feel vaguely "normal" before the scalpel is back on you -lol.
    Shan -how did the follicle scan go -hopefully there are lots of ripe ones ready for picking
    sararms - How long till your scan, BTs?
    Jane - Sorry that AF may be on the way -I hope not! I say have the day off.!! This whole TTC can really take over your life and brain space. We all know we shouldn't worry but how can you not? Why is something so "natural" so darn hard? Enough of my winging - I hope you are feeling better soon. At leats the IVF appt is not far away.

sararms Guest

Hi there

Meredith My next blood test is 16th of March which happens to be my birthday by the way!!. It is my suppression scan to make sure all systems are down and I can start stimmulating. It's all pretty harmless at this stage. The worst that can happen is hot sweats and sleepless nights.

I've decided to take up pilates to help with relaxation. I can't go to reflexology for a little while do I thought it would help. Well it takes your mind off everything alright because you have to be as supple as a nine year old. I've never been i such positions outside of the bedroom

Anyway, my head is staying kind of clear this time. My last cycle was a frozen attempt. Straight after the embryo transfer I was convinced it had worked. I mean, I picked out names, baby clothes, maternity clothes, baby room furniture and car seats!!! So I'm trying to keep a perspective on it all whilst staying positive. One of the last statistics I heard was that 95% of couples conceive within 3 attempts of IVF. So this is my third attempt!!

Jane I know all about the TWW and how stressful it can be, thinking every twingge must be implentation and then the very next second knowing it is AF on the way. What can I say? I suppose we all have to go through it, and ho[e that one day it will be implantation pains after all. when do you go down the IVF road?

Where have all the other ladies gone. Did that big crash get rid of people or have we just lost all the pregnant ones do you think?

Hi Lovely Ladies,

Just wanted to pop in quickly and thank you for all your lovely thoughts. I am feeling much better & in a better head space now. Onwards & Upwards for the chookies!!!!

I am still going to take a break from here for awhile, sometimes I feel posting on here is so wonderful and the support is fantastic and other times I feel it makes me a little crazy about the whole ttc thing iykwim. So we a just going with the flow for now. I have starting see a wonderful kinesiologist in warrandyte (for those of you who know melbourne), I had my first session on monday night. It was fantastic!!!

Thank you all again & I hope to see lot's of BFP's next time I pop in.

xox

Hi Everyone....hope you're all having a great day....

Well i had my scan yesterday. There was a 13-15mm follicle. The nurse was hoping it would be a little bigger for CD 12, so the plan is that i will do OPK's. Two today, two tomorrow and 1 on Friday morning, and if no positives then i'll have a pregnyl shot on Friday lunchtime, which will make me ovulate on Sunday.

They were happy though with my lining on my uterus. The old lining, which had been building for ages is gone and the new lining is looking good, so fingers crossed that this is my month.

If not (but pray that it is), then we'll do 2 more rounds of clomid back to back and if that still doesn't result in a pg, then we'll move onto AIH. They just want to do 2 more to see if doing 3 rounds in a row will get me into a regular pattern and hopefully result in a pg before AIH.

Well thats about it for me. Got a heap to do today, so i'd better get started. Much love to you all.....

lil-chookie - I missed your post. Great to see you are feeling much better now. Good luck with the kinesiology. It is fantastic. I had some last month. Also look into Bowen therepy too. I've had two sessions now and my therepist is also giving me herbs and tonics and stuff to correct my ph levels and to assist with conception (she consults with her naturopath for these). I should get them this week, so i'll let you know how it goes.

Take care of yourself and drop in every now and then to say hi. We'll miss you around here.

Much love to you and big chookie.

~Jane~ Guest

Argh, early post from me, I have been up all night with the most horrid reflux. I am seriously turning into my Father LOL, come to think of it that is probably where I get it from. So after joking that I would chuck a sickie yesterday (which I didn't even though I was stressing like mad) now I am sick :smt102 I guess its my own silly fault, I stopped taking my reflux tablets which I am pretty much supposed to take forever now beacause I want to be all free and easy in case I am pg. That combined with a tandoori chicken wrap and I seriously need to stop drinking coffee and diet coke, then 3am Whammo exruitiating pain.

I was convinced I was pg yesterday after thinking maybe it wasn't pmt, now I am in the "dont know" category. I felt sick all day, had the metallic taste in the mouth (yet for some reason had a chicken wrap? it did seem like a good idea seriously), I am up to day 27 now so it cant hurt to wait a few more days and then test. I dont keep HPT's in the house now so I might get some on the weekend.

Chookie - so glad that you popped in and that you are feeling better

Sararms - DH is seeing the andrologist on the 23rd of this month about his swimmers to see if there is anything that they can fix, which is freaking him out a bit, cant imagine surgery down there would tickle then we go back to our new doctor after that to discuss IVF. I will be taking clomid in the mean time, his theory is that if he can get me ovulating more regularly we might catch an egg seeing that I vary and DH does have some sperm there

Good to hear everyone else is going well and thanks for the kind words during my tww, it's nice to know it's not just me, DH thinks I am insane most of the time when I talk about it.

sararms Guest

Jane that is good news, even ifyour husband doesn't think so right now. My husband didn't have to go for anything like that because he was producing sperm and over here they seem to be under the belief that if there is some sperm, then they can work with it. I kinda felt that was a bit dismissive, but my consultant maintains that the actual quality of an embryo is determins by the quality of the eggs, and pregnancy isdetermind by that plus the uterus condition.

I believe there is some hoemonal treatment to improve sperm count so your husband may not need to worry yet. I know someone who had tissue removed for IVF due to a vasectomy, and he said it wasn't too bad because of the anaesthetic, but that it was a bit sore afterwards. I really hope it goes well. xxx

As for me, the buserelin is going ok. Getting a bit PMT like, but not too bad.

Hope everyone is doing ok

Hi Girls..... Well no positive OPK for me, so i had my pregnyl shot this arvo, so 'o' day should be Sunday. Have to BD tomorrow, sunday and monday, then hopefully in a couple of weeks time we'll get our BFP. I know it's a long shot, but if i wasn't positive about it all, then i would probably say that there was no point going through all of this.

SOOOOOOOO FIngers Crossed for me and everyone else that we ALL get BFP's this month.....

good luck Shan and happy BDing to you and DH...

love leis xx

Thanks Leis.....hopefully it's third time lucky. I can't wait for the day that i can hold my own little bundle in my arms and not have to worry about giving it back before i go home.

~Jane~ Guest

well, another month out for me. My Gp did some blood tests yesterday because my reflux was really bad and he did a pg test at the same time. He just rang me to let me know that I am all well and not pg. Poor guy, he sounded like he didn't want to tell me that I wasn't pg. So tonight I am sitting down with a rather large glass of wine and waiting for AF so I can start the clomid.

Good luck this month Mrs Mac, I hope it works

Sararms - thanks for the kind thoughts, DH is trying really hard and is willing to give anything a go. Sometimes I think he is cluckier than me.

On that note I am about to have a cry so I am off to get stuck into this glass of wine

Have a wonderful weekend everyone

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast