Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: LTTTC & Assisted Conception ~ January 2006 #2

Sorry to be nosy Skye .... did you take Clomid for the entire 15 months you were TTC with your first? I thought I had read somewhere that it is a drug that loses it's efficacy after a few cycles, which has been worrying me a little.

Good luck Skye fingers crossed for a great result.
    LOL Cherie its not all that bad, well maybe for my DH who use to try and give me a run down on the drive home about the tube and the noise...lol As long as I had my bucket I didn't care, not too good with the sedation.
    Hi everyone else, starting to get my head around the fact that my appointment is just over a week away. Sheshhhh must shave the legs.
    Post later had a mamoth week and trying to catch up with everything
    Bec

Hi Leis,
    I sure hope they do give you something stronger than panadol. After I had my lap last year I was given morphine - best stuff..... And my op wasn't quite as extensive as yours.
    Best of luck, I'll be thinking of you!

Leis - wow big op but good to know you are in such safe hands. I would have pml at them had I been told a couple of panadol for pain management!!! I love your attitude about what direction you are headed. Since I have joined these boards I have found what you have to say to really have given me a bit of stength back that I thought I had lost. Thanks for that.

Shan - I am in the 2ww with you hun. I am feeling the most confident about this month I have felt in a very long time. I know (well I think) we got some bding in around the right time and both our starsigms on a few seperate occassions have said a new arrival around October?? Got to hang on to something don't you!!!!!!

Cherie - My dh was tested a few years ago and came back with a result of low sperm count, no solutions offered (just the do you want the ivf referal now). When I switched gynos early last year he wanted dh tested again and sure enough the test results came back all normal. When it comes to the whole ttc journey I have learnt that 2nd, 3rd and 4th opinions don't hurt.

skyelar Guest

Hi Cherie, nope didn't use Clomid at all for my DD. Was on Clomid for 8 months TTC number 2 though before I was referred to the IVF clinic.

Skye

sararms Guest

Good luck Skyelar. Retrieval isn't as bad as it sounds. I was terrified, but I was so sedated I felt nothing. I ws lucky I had 18 eggs, out of 20 follicles, so I was extremely dore which made embryp transfer very difficult for me. I don't know about you but I didn't find the process of IVF bad, just the 2ww really.

As for me, still waiting for AF. She's officailly late now, but after a negative test yesterday. I'm not ready to do another test yet!

If it's not here tomorrow, I'll do a test, which I expect will be negative again...I'm not that lucky. ](*,)

Skyelar, Good luck with your egg pick up. As the others have said there really isn't anything to it. You will be sedated and will not feel a thing, you will wake up and be told how many eggs were retrieved have a snack and be send home. I wish you all the luck. Keep us all updated.
    I so [-o< that you have a very possitive outcome from all this.

Good morning to all I hope and trust that you all have a Fab friday.

Chat later today, Hope to do a few personals then.

suzy Guest

HI Skyelar,

Good luck for today. I look on EC, with a bit of a grin on my face, as a really good morning nap!!!! (my ds has been up at night teething, so I'm really looking forward to that enforced sleep - will try to prolong it to get the most out of it \/ )

I've been stimming for ten days now and had a scan today. I've got 18 follies, much the same as last time where I had 17 and 13 eggs from them. My EC is scheduled for Monday. I've come to the conclusion though, that quality not quantity is the most important thing.

Suzy

Hey gals!
    Well still no sign of AF :fuming: but two later Im ready to commit murder I hate this so much, I dont know what to think Ive never had this happen before I can usually predict AF within 2 days every month, not even after my surgery in Sept was she late. Maybe I o-ed later but I truly dont think so, I OPK tested right up until CD20 and went from + to - . We are getting prepared to jump on the IVF bandwagon, we've had enough of trying to do it ourselves. My Dr isnt giving us a choice anyway.
    Hope everyone else is having better luck than I am ](*,)

Hi Skye,
    How'd the OPU go today? I've been thinking about you throughout the day.
    I have all my fingers crossed for you!
    Best wishes,
    Didge

Anna, Please dont give up and please please dont commit murder you will never be able to get pg in prison. (lol) I am so hoping that you o'd a little later than anticipated this month and that you are testing just a tate to early. Best of luck, keep us updated. I can totally understand how you must be feeling however

~Jane~ Guest

I have been a bit quiet with shocking period pain. AF appeared this morning, but yesterday the pain really set in. How did you go Sararms, did AF appear yet? You're right we still have one more shot at it before we head down the IVF path but to be honest I cannot handle the pain anymore. I am going to give my gyno a call on Monday and see what we can do. BD is painful as well so it not helping things at all.

Must ask everyone who has used herbs how long did they take to work well, I see Leis yours worked really fast, I have been on mine for 2 months and I my pain is as bad as it ever was. I must say though, I have had less sore BB's and less headaches but other than that....grr ](*,)

Sorry to keep moaning every time I post, endo is driving me mad though

Skye, I hope your EC went well today

I hope everyone else is well, I am terrible with the personals, I get onto typing and forget what everyone has said LOL

Jane, I am sorry to hear that AF is treating you unkindly. I hope that she eases off and you go on to enjoy your next cycle with a BFP at the end of it all. Keep your chin up sweet stuff.

skyelar Guest

Hi everyone! :smt039 it is so lovely to get on & see that many of you thought of me today, thank you so much.

Things went ok, we got 5 eggs. I am a bit disappointed but can't be too greedy I guess. The scientist will call in the moring to let me know how we are travelling. I am [-o< we get at least one fertilised to go back.

My Dr said I hadn't gone as well as he'd hoped, said there were quite a few smaller follies but too small to do anything with

How I would have loved to have woken up & seen a nice bug number on my hand, but it just wasn't to be. The GA was lovely! After a rough night with DD I was glad for a nice rest too Suzy I really hope you get a nice big batch of eggs!

Thanks again for your lovely well wishes
    Skye xo

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Skye - hope you are feeling okay [-o< for 100% fertilisation for you and a very sticky bubba - rest up now

Sky honey

Always remember it is not the quantity but the quality that counts ok. DH and I only got 3. One was very immature, and the other two eggs perfect. Thankfully we got the two mature ones to fertilise beautifully but unfortunately we got a BFN! You will be fine and remember to stay positive.

love and hugs

leis xx

MrsMaloo Guest

Hi everyone - was hoping you wouldn't mind if I joined in - I've had a read of this current thread and attempted the previous one but it is huge!!! -I promise I will do my study and get to know you all asap

Name - MrsMaloo (Jen)
    State - NSW
    My Previous Cycle Length - 30
    Cycle Type - IUI with injectibles
    FF Link - sorry - gave up on it!
    Months of TTC - 18
    Medications - Puregon injections
    Important Dates - 14/1 CD5 start Puregon injections

Looking forward to getting to know you all

Jen

Hi Mrs Maloo *waves*

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast