Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: LTTTC & Assisted Conception ~ January 2006 #2

sararms Guest

hi ladies.

Mrs Mac thanks for your concern, I really appreciate it. I'm sorry to hear that ovulation wasn't all that successfull for you this month. what is the next step for you?

Suzy and skyelar Good luck with your egg transfers. Ske i know this is your first time. I was so nervous the first time. At my clinic you have to have a full bladder. I was so desperate to pee after the transfer and the 20 minute wait, but I was terrified to go incase they fell out!!!!

As for me, this is the lowest I have ever felt to be truthful. Even after the two failed attempts at IVF, I was able to pick myself up and look forward, but for some reason I am stuck after this natural attempt. I'm in so much pain. I do usually get achey periods but this is something else! I think it confirms to me that at some point this month I was pregnant. That makes it even worse for me. Maybe there is something wrong with my endometrium. that just makes me worry even more. What if it is something awful that takes ages to put right!?

this all makes me think: all along we thought it was my husband that was preventing us getting pregnant, but if I was pregnant this month (and I'm sure I was), then ultimately, it's my fault I'm not pregnant now.

I've started taking Agnus Castus (vitex) in a hope to help organise my hormones ahead of our next attempt at IVF. I suffer from high prolactin when I'm stressed, so I'm sure it's through the roof right now. Taking vit B6 to combat that. I'm no longer drinking tea or coffee and am having royal jelly once a day. Chinese medicine says it helps boost fertility! Anyone with any more tips for me?? I need all the help I can get!!

Good luck to everyone else.

kirsty Guest

Daisy your details are all added to the front page.

~Jane~ Guest

Sararms - I am so sorry that you are feeling so low. I know it's hard not to, but blaming yourself when you lose a pregnancy is only going to make you feel awful and you don't know that it something your body did that made the pregnancy fail. Pregnancies fail for all sorts of reasons but it is easy for us as women to blame our selves in the absence of any other explanation. I hope that you and your DH take it easy and have some time to grive over this, it's a terrible blow. When I miscarried in '04 I had some time out from work and really took it easy and it did help. Good luck with your appointment at the end of the month and try not to be too hard on yourself

Good luck with your transfers Skye and Suzy

Mrs Mac - not long until Australia Day, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you

Leis - I am sorry about your news, I had a big lap a few years ago but not quite as big as yours is going to be and dont worry they give lots of morphine afterwards.

I hope everyone else is well.

Jen

Firstly Welcome!! In answer to your question,the trigger happens when everything looks ready. For some that is CD14 for some like me it is later. On average I had to stim for 16 days and I started CD 5 so it was CD21ish for me.

Good luck with the journey.
    HTH

sararms Guest

Thanks Jane..

I realise there is nothing I can do now, I just have to look forward, but it's hard to do when you're in so much pain isn't it. AF has never been this painful before. DH daren't even look at me!!! :fuming:

I really hope you get lucky this month. Thanks for the support

Well AF is still MIA but Im beyond caring now. If she isnt here by wednesday I am calling my OBGYN for something to bring her on. Ive decided to go on a holiday. I had organised a two week trip home to sydney to see family and friends end of nov/start of dec but with all the trouble with the baby my Dr banned me from flying so I had to get a credit. I feel I need to do it now rather than wait as I have a good friend who is due a little after I was, and I dont think I could handle seeing her heavily pregnant So if I disappear next week you know where I am 24th Jan-3rd Feb. Which means we will miss this next cycle which I guess is not a bad thing............

A big welcome to Jen & Ronniem.

Suzy - that's a bummer about the abcess - here's hoping it's gone in no time. Lots of luck for Monday. :flower:

Sara - so sorry to hear things aren't going well. Take good care of yourself and sending lots of positive vibes your way.

Anna - hope you have a lovely relaxing time on your holiday. Lots of luck for your next cycle. :luck:

Skye - fingers crossed for you today.

Didge - have fun on Thursday - hope the u/s is wonderful.

Shan - here's hoping for a huge BFP for you soon. I know what you mean about this website and forum - I would be lost without it!

Jane - hope AF is being a bit nicer for you - thinking of you. :flower:

Nola - sending lots of positive wishes your way too. :wave:

Cherie - good luck with your cycle. Take care. :luck:

Sarah - have everything crossed for you for some good news.

And good luck to everyone ttc this month. dust:

I'm just getting impatient waiting for my first appointment at Ballarat IVF which isn't until mid-Feb. (I had two failed IVF attempts with Albury in 2005). I know the Naturopath has said it will do me good to have a break for a couple of months while I'm trying to get healthy but I can't wait to have another go. I wonder how slow the next four weeks will go! LOL!

Take care,
    Marg

HI guys
    Well I had my appt this morning and all is go for FET. I am starting prognova today. The Dr has also started me on Metformin. I go back for a scan on tuesday 24th. I finally got to ask about the frosties and they are all 7-10 cells!! I am getting excited now!!
    Love and luck to all!!

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

great news Sheza [-o< - your snowbubs sound top shelf

Marg - hope it goes quickly for you and that new clinic is just the ticket to ride baby express

skyelar Guest

Hi all!!

Shez those frosties sound great!!

Thinking of you today Suzy, hope you are resting up!

I am back from my egg transfer. The 3 eggs had divided into a 4, a 6 and an 8 cell. We aren't holding out much hope for the 4 cell one but we will pop 6 cell in the freezer! So I have an emby on board & making a list of things to keep my mind busy for this TWW

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Skye congratulations with your embie on board - :bluestick: inkstick: to you - ask the moderators to update you with sticky vibes next to your name.

skyelar Guest

Thanks Trish, will do!

The clinic just called & that last egg got a wriggle on & is at 6 cells now as well, so yippee 2 in the freezer

Congrats skye.. see honey I told you.. it is not quantity but quality!!!!

love and hugs

leis xx

suzy Guest

HI everyone,

Skye - firemans girl is right, its quality that counts. Well done on your transfer. Glad you have some frosties.

Firemansgirl - you make me laugh with your extended family

Shezabelle - congrats on your frosties.

I had EC this morning and got 11. My abcess is a lot lot better, but now I'm paranoid that dh's sperm won't like my eggs as they "smell funny" - of the antibiotic or something. I know I"m mad and my dr said that an untreated tooth abcess is more likely to cause me not to get pg than the antibiotics.

Suzy

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

suzy,

I was routinely administered antibiotics prior to EC and always got good fertilisation rates, so don't worry, your eggs won't smell funny! Lol!

love
    sushee

Congrats Skye - sending you lots of sticky vibes for your litte embie. I'm glad to hear you've got 2 waiting in the freezer too.

Shez - yay for your frosties \/

Suzy - I'm sure your eggs won't smell funny! Fingers and toes crossed you get good fertilisation rates with them.

Nothing new here ... just gearing myself up for a BD fest in a week or so's time (DH is already rubbing his hands together in glee LOL).

MrsMaloo Guest

Evening all,

Thanks for the welcome MargOz :smt039

I’ve been happily (?) injecting myself for three days now and I have to say to all of you who are regulars to this routine – I admire your inner strength and resolve. Although I’m not experiencing any pain or sting from the Puregon injections, I can already see how emotionally draining this process is going to be – my heart tells me ‘how can this not work – for goodness sake you are giving yourself a needle everyday (something I would never have contemplated in my earlier years) of course it will work!’ However, my head says ‘steady on – this is early days yet’. I’d love to know how other people deal with the constant tunnel visioned thought process…It’s hard to think of much else other than the upcoming IUI.

shezabelle – thank you for answering my query – the information from our clinic seemed to suggest that everything would happen on certain days but I had a sneaking suspicion from my research that would not be the case – your input has helped me to understand the whole process a little more Good luck for your scan on the 24th

This website has already helped me so much so far so just wanted to say thanks everyone for sharing your experiences

Jen

skyelar Guest

Thanks Leis you were right hon, quality over quantity! I am thrilled with my 100% fertilisation rate. Thanks for your faith in me (well my eggs but ykwim)

Suzy~good job on your pick up! I hope you get lots of nice embys to go back! What day transfer are you doing? One or two eggs? Geez I seem nosy don't I

Jen~well done on your injections. I still couldn't do them on my own I had to get DH or my friend to do them for me! What clinic are you going to?

Marg~ I will join you on the wait, you for your appt, me to POAS. This is going to be a long couple of weeks for us! I hope your new clinic brings you much success!

I am so paranoid but after he did the transfer I didn't even want to stand up. My Dr looked at me & said 'Go on, it won't fall out you know'

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast