Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: LTTTC & Assited Conception ~ May 2006

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Oh crap Shan, I'm so sorry. Did they give you any indication of what's going on with your cycle?

Nup...the plan now is to just wait for AF to come along, but i'm taking an extended break from the AC for now, as the next step would be AIH, but i want to lose some weight and get myself mentally prepared before jumping into it. I know that my weight is an issue, so i'd rather get fit if i'm going to be spending money i don't really have and giving my self the best chance at concieving.

I spoke to the nurses at the clinic about this, and they actually commended me on my decision, as they said that they have soooo many people that don't accept their weight as an issue and won't believe that this could be a factor in why they are having so much trouble with AIH, IUI and IVF.

So thats the plan....we're out of the shop on the 20th (10 more sleeps...YAY!!!) so when DH's first pay cheque comes in from his new job, i'll be off to join the gym and spend the next three months in there for about 4 hours a day. Hopefully i can get rid of at least 10kg....and by then, i'll be loving the gym and the feeling that i get from excersising, that i'll have no problem keeping it up. Maybe not 4 hours a day, but at least a couple of hours every second day etc....

Well that's what i'm telling myself anyway...hehehe

Shan - Lovely we are very much in the same place. I am really into my gym routine now and I don't think I have ever enjoyed exercise so much in my life! I go 3 times a week for an hour to an hour and a half. Tuesday & Thursdays straight from work and Saturday afternoons. It's been 3 weeks now and I have not missed a day, so proud of myself. I haven't weighed myself since my initial appointment but I know I am sure to have lost a couple of kg's already, I think I might wait another month before a weigh and measure. I have tried the gym a few other times in my life and just hated it but this time it's different. Because I know if I keep this up it's all for the greater good and when we go to IVF I will be giving us every possible chance of getting pg. I accept that my weight could be an issue with us not being able to fall pg and I am determined to take that out of the equation!!

everyone else!!

I just went and brought the Lonely Planet guide to Europe, only 10 months until our trip, time to start planning what we are going to see!!

xox

Hey Chookie.....good to see you. Let me know how you go with your weight loss. We are definately on the same wavelength, and you will be my inspiration....xxx

Shan & lil Chookie, I am doing the same as you guys at the moment. We are planning to try IVF around August and I am madly excercising and have joined WW. If I have to go through IVF I also want the best possible chance of it being successful. I am about 20kgs overweight so I am really focused on this at the moment. I have to give us the best chance at a family and becoming fitter and healthier is an added bonus.

Welcome to the club Megan...we'll all have to go and join the health and fitness threads with all the other girls down there....best of luck to you and i hope you reach your 20kg loss goal soon...

Awww Shan :hugs: I wish your BT had come back with different results hun.

And well done to Shan, Chookie and Megan for your weight loss efforts ... I am determined to lose some weight before our FET in July, even if it's only a couple of kgs, I figure that should make a difference. I have started going to the gym again (it kind of went by the wayside during my last cycle).

Yay Cherie... Welcome to the club.....

~Jane~ Guest

well done everyone with working on weight, this has been a pet project of mine this year and I have lost 7 kgs so far, I have not lost much the last month or so because I have been sick and studying so much. I was doing WW and found the counting was starting to do my head in a bit. I am going to see a dietician on Wednesday to look at my diet and re-jig things a bit so I can keep losing weight and not feel deprived (I have a lot of issues with food and dieting) They say a loss of 5% of total body weight is often enough to get things moving, which I have managed to do. So I have 7kgs to go. You have all inspired me to pull my socks up, gosh comfort eating doesn't help does it.

Hope everyone is well.

Congrats on you loss so far Jane....i have always been under the impression that it is 10% of body weight that can make all the difference, but 5 sounds good to me...good luck with the remaining 7kg....

~Jane~ Guest

Shan, that's what my dietician said to me, she does a lot of work with PCOS girls and I was 89 kgs when I saw her last (before I started to lose weight) and she kept saying "there's only 5 kg's in it for you". (which is roughly 5%)

Like you say 5 is a good start, perhaps she says it to get people started? 10 can be a huge difference can't it?

My dietician also does work with the Big GIrls Group through the Royal Womens Hospital here in Melbourne, if anyone wants her details let me know, I think she is great.

New thread here girls.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789