Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to Conceive with IUI #2

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Default Trying to Conceive with IUI #2

This thread is for those members that are undergoing IUI to try to conceive.

If there is anything you would like to discuss about the thread or have any problems then please contact one of the moderators. All emails/PM's are treated confidentiality.

Your moderators of this forum are
    Sarah_H Admin
    Cailin Admin
    sushee Senior Moderator
    slyder

To contact any of the above, please see this post.

Hi Kaydee im doing well thanks. No symptoms which is great. How you doing?

Amy sorry to hear about your BFN Best of luck with your next cycle. Hope it is THE ONE!

Belinda sorry to hear AF arrived. Glad to hear however that you have made up your mind on your next step and its especially great that you can move straight in with the cycle and not have to take the pill and sniff etc. Trust me, this LONG cycle is a killer. Best of luck that you have success on your first IVF. Hopefully we will both be lucky first timers. :goodluck2:

Nicole how you doing? Hope your enjoying your relaxing break.

Fi, only one more sleep. How you feeling?

No symptoms for me so far which is fantastic (dont jinx yourself paula) Hopefully this cycle will be in full swing by early next week.

Have a great day ladies!

Hi Belinda, thanks for that.
    I that you only have to have one cycle, and lucky you that it will be a short one Very exciting!!

For the past few days I have been thinking 1 more iui vs. IVF, and as you mentioned there is a huge difference in chances with the two types of treatments.
    I am soo confused what to do I guess I still have time to decide.

Paula, glad to hear that your not suffering from any symptoms.
    Did your FS give you the option for a short or long cycle?

No he didnt give me an option of a short cycle and everywhere i have read the pill and sniffing or lucerin are common practice so Belinda must have a great natural cycle. It would be so much easier to do it the short cycle way!

Ditto on that....it would be so much easier to do it the short cycle.

Hi Ladies,

Had the call from the clinic and as expected BFN. AF is here in all her glory, she can gloat now because this will be the last I see of her for 9months!!!

Nicole, after posting last night I did some googling myself and got conflicting info to what FS had told me. So had a chat to the nurse when she called and she said that the short cycle is used with older women (??? I'm not that old!!) and it betters the chances of producing more follies in those older women. Also the nurse said the fact that my AF is extremely regular (almost always to the hr) and I got to see him before day 1 of cycle, FS was happy to attempt the short cycle. She did express that the success rates are the same regardless of the length.

Paula, looks like we will be cycle buddies. I am not looking forward to the meds. Had a chat with the FS and explained the moods swings on 50iu of puregon, so he is starting me off on 150iu for the ivf cycle. I then have to have another daily injection along with the puregon after about 6 days which will hopefully make me tame!!!!

Fi, good luck tomorrow, fingers crossed for your BFP!!

Hi to everyone

Hey Belinda, sorry to hear that your IUI cycle was not successful
    With the short cycle do you still have injections using the Pen?
    Is there much difference in cost?
    Sorry for all the questions, but am starting to favour IVF next cycle.

Hey Nicole

Ask away, I am exactly the same way, need to have alot of info before making big decisions!

As far as I know the injections are the same as we are using for IUI, it is just in increased dosages. Not sure about the antagonist injections, I think they may be preloaded syringes. As for the meds post ET, there is an option of crinone, which I think are pessaries or 3 injections of pregnyl, which you know is my fav (not!!). Pregnyl is in the form of a powder and a liquid solvent. You have to mix them yourself and use a normal syringe for administering.

As far as costs go, the cycle is the same cost as a long cycle $3600.00 OOP will be approx $700 if you've reached medicare threshold. The antagonist meds are extra, I think around $300. No medicare rebate for this although private health should cover some of the costs. Then you have the day surgery costs on top of that which if you have top cover with no exclusions you will be covered for IVF related treatments. Then if you need to freeze any embryos it is about $250.00 for 6 months. FS said the average OOP costs for a cycle like this would be anywhere between $1000 to $1600.00. DH and I were expecting to be OOP about $1600.00 so it came as no shock to us.

I think when it came down to the final decision for us, the success rates and the fact we have reached the medicare threshold made the decision to go ahead alot easier.

Hey Nicole

Just thought id let you know that with me through IVF Australia the costs are as follows:

IUI - $900
    IVF - $3600 ( But really only $706 out of pocket as ive reached the medicare safety net)

The Puregon is taken the exact same way "with the pen" as with the IUI cycle. The only difference between the IUI and the IVF are the Synarel and BCP and the egg collection as when they do the transfer its meant to feel exactly the same as the IUI. And just as Belinda's FS told her, mine also said that IVF more than doubles your chances in comparison to the IUI.

At the end of the day though you have to do what feels right. If your gut instinct is to do another IUI, go for it because it could just be THE ONE! Good luck with making your decision.

Belinda made more sense... hahaha

I have to say that the higher success rate was also what made my mind up!

Hi everyone,

Belinda - sorry iui didn't work. Glad you have a new plan. It has worked out well being able to start ivf straight away. Best wishes with your new treatment. I hope it brings you a BFP soon.

Fi - Good luck tomorrow. Hoping there's positive news!:goodluck2:

My ultrasound today showed 2 follicles left over from the last cycle. Unable to start a new cycle of oi-iui this month. Very frustrating and disappointing.

Thanks ladies, you both made lots of sense
    I pretty much came to a decision this morning about doing another IUI cycle and have decided against it even though after seeing FS last week we agreed to try one more time.
    The higher success rate was also what helped me make up my mind.
    I am soo scared of being put to sleep for the egg collection, but intend to look at IVF and break it up into small sections and only concentrate on what is going on in that particular time of my cycle.
    All that said I am at Day 14 today and will call the clinic once AF arrives (you never know she might not )
    I guess there is no more need for me to post in this section...where to now?

I just want to thank you ladies, my fellow musketeers and hope to see you both soon
    You have all been soo wonderful and wish you all the very best in your IVF Cycles.

For all you lovely ladies who are sticking with IUI and giving it another shot, I'm thinking of you and hope to see many BFP very soon

Hi Nicole,

I know it is such a big step to go with the IVF, and I too am a little nervous about the egg pick up. But you are right in just concentrating one step at a time.

It is so sad to be leaving the iui post....but there is always the LTTTC thread. I have already popped in to introduce myself. I will email you in the next week if you haven't pop into any of the threads, for a catch up and to see how you are going.

Kaydee, i'm sorry to hear you have left over follies and you can't go back to back. I only ever got 1 follie per cycle so i never had that issue. It must be very frustrating. Just BD the house down this month and maybe luck will be on your side and you fall on your own.

Well ladies, I too will be leaving the iui thread tonight, but will be lurking to check on your progress.

I join Nicole in wishing you all the very best of luck with your iui journeys and hope that the BFP fairy visits you all very soon

Hi Ladies,

Paula and Belinda I am so happy to hear that you are both starting IVF this month, I hope that it happens for you both 1st time!

Kaydee sorry to hear that you are unable to strat again this cycle. Enjoy the month off.

I am back on the drugs again from tomorrow, I was adamant that I didn't want to do it again but DH has talked me into trying again....it's him that has to put up with a cranky wife!!!

Fi any news?

Enjoy the long weekend

Nicole i too am really scared about being put under for the egg collection. Thats why i started an egg collection thread. I have never been in hospital (touch wood) or had an anaesthetic.

Join Belinda and i in the LTTTC & Assist Conception thread.

Fi

Any news yet?

Hi Ladies,
    Well its a BFN for me as well ! Just waiting for my FS to phone me to let me know what dosage i should be on this month, I was on 75 last month, but only injected for 6 days, I had 2 follies at 17 and 1 at 13, so the nurse said any longer I would of been cancelled. I don't want to run the risk of that this month so was thinking maybe having a lesser dose over a longer period of time would be less risky. still waiting for him to phone, guess he wont now as it is 5.30, just wanting some guidance as AF is arriving so wont be long till i have to start it all over again. I hate the not knowing especially when im feeling miserable.
    Good to hear Belinda that you are starting IVF, it all sounds very positive, bring on the BFP!
    Kaydee, sorry to hear you have to sit this cycle out, very frustrating, i feel for you, I hate waiting!
    Paula and Nicole, good luck with the IVF also sending lots of baby dust for this cycle.
    Amy, looks like we will be not far apart again, loo forward to our BFP next month!
    FI x

Hi Fi,

Sorry to hear your news. I hope that your next cycle is the one!!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast