Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How long did it take you to conceive?

Question How long did it take you to conceive?

Hello,

There has probably been threads on this before, but I thought i'd start one up anyway to ask how long did it take you to conceive your first baby??

I'm onto cycle number 4, and now I know that it can take up to 12mths for a healthy fertile couple to conceive, I am just wanting to hear other's stories!

Is it possible that this baby might take a good 6 months to conceive, whereas our 2nd baby, we might conceive FIRST GO? I hope the second bub will be easier for us!!

Is there usually a pattern when it comes to conceiving?? I mean, if a couple takes 5-6months to conceive baby #1, does that mean it will take that long for baby #2 and baby #3 to be conceived aswell?!? Or not necessarily?!? Even if we dtd every second day for every cycle!?

Thanks girls!

Hey Ren, bub #1 we conceived first go - but I'm on cycle 2 now, waiting for #2

Yasin was conceived in my second month off the pill but because I was away for a lot of the first month the second month was really the first month of TTC.
    After Yasin was born we never used any contraception but nor did we actively TTC until he was about 6 months old. We conceived Imran in our third month of proper TTC.

ETA - I think second babies can sometimes take longer because there aren't so many chances to DTD.

I should probably make a point too, that I conceived first go but that ended in an early miscarriage so i think that hasn't helped me in the last 2 cycles either...even though my cycles are back to regular 30 day cycle which is good.

My DS was conceived in our 5 cycle of active TTC. I dont know if it took this long because I was so obsessive about it. I hope not, because I am just as anxious this time around.

I hope you get your BFP this month. I'd say you are in with a good chance.

I think I'm one of the lucky ones - conceived DS in first month trying.. and conceived this one first month trying... so far so good !!! :-)

First go of TTC - MC in May 2007.
    Did not try next cycle - June 2007.
    Next go of TTC after MC - BFP in July 2007.

Good luck.

i wasnt trying with my first as i have pcos and was told i would need ivf, I think they were wrong, took a good 2 years for # 2 and again for # 3.
    Not to bad for someone that was told they would need IVF, by the way first and second was with no assistance, third was with metformin.

First Pregnancy (miscarried) this took us 3 years
    2nd pregnancy (Olivia) 10 months
    3rd Pregnancy (Charlie) 2months
    4th Pregnancy (oooopsie, wasn't trying...was fully BF'ing Charlie and on the mini pill. Go figure!)

So for me, each time was quicker.

BUT, I have a gf in the opposite scenario.......her first baby was an oopsie, her 2nd took oonly 2 months, and she is desparately trying for a third, but it is taking its time......(16 months so far.)

So I honestly think it varies SO much between different women and varying circumstances (age, fitness, stress levels etc.)

Hi Ren (I was in the ttc 1-6 a few months ago)
    First bubs was an oops pill baby (sounds horrible but true) and well second took three goes.
    If you've been on the pill or had the rod in for a while that can really affect how long it takes to conceive I have a friend Who is on her fourth cycle of trying for her first as well I really hope you catch your eggy soon sending you lots of

Natalie was conceived on our 5th cycle TTC. (Though one of those DH and I were cross with each other around O time, so I don't think that cycle counts as such because we weren't BDing.)
    Haven't started TTC #2 yet, so can't help with your other q's. Though my brother was conceived fairly quickly, then my sister took my parents 5 years and I was another 4 years after that... So subsequent babies aren't always quickly conceived.

we weren't planning on ttc till about Jan 2008 (about now actually). had unprotected sex once in the first week of Jan 2007 and BINGO! oh well, just happened a year earlier than planned and we're absolutely loving it!

Hi Ren

I hope you get a sticky BFP soon!

Our DD was an oopsie first month back on pill after a 'break' from it. A very pleasant surprise though!

Hi Ren,

Our first took 3 months, then I had two miscarriages, then told my DH I will fall preg this certain month!!! & did and #3 took 1 month! So all over the place for me!

sounds like lots of you girls have conceived quite fast!!! that's really great...

We went off the pill in March 2007 so that's now 10months of NOT being on the pill.... I thought my body would have well and truly been over that by now?!? Perhaps it was just the early m/c i had that has knocked my body around....

Hopefully it will be our turn soon then!! It's scary not knowing if you will ever conceive!!

i'm sure it will be your turn soon Ren. best of luck

Hi Ren! Well, I went off the pill in March 2005 after I had my endo diagnosis. So, I guess you could say it took 2.5 years to conceive. However there was a gap in there between splitting up with my XH and meeting DP so you could also say a bit more than a year and a half!

In any case, according to my endo diagnosis I was never meant to conceive naturally with both my tubes being blocked and riddled with endo. So it was a HUGE surprise when I did conceive I hope this little munchkin has cleared the path for number 2 when the time comes!

I hope you get your very very sticky BFP this month!! Good Luck!

i came of pill New yrs day though we didnt start TTC until our wedding night 20th of feb and i fell in May so 5 months off pill and 3 of actual trying. DD2 took 3 months however i did have a chemical pg in that time also.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast