Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: TTC & Taking Clomid &/Or Metformin ~ Jan/Feb 2008

Hi Ladies

Since my last post, I had my appt with my FS yesterday. I am booked in to have a Hysteroscopy & curette next Thursday (had this done about 3 yrs ago as well). He seem to link that I may have polyps in my uterus which would explain the continual spotting. He explained that these can occur when you don't have a regular cycle ie: no O no AF. Which is me to a tee....

So once this is done, will leave to settle things down for a couple of weeks and then back to the clomid for 2 more cycles to see if we get any follicle growth. If it is unsuccessful, then we will be on the IVF path. He told me this would probably be the better option for me as on 25mg clomid I generally get nothing and on 50mg I get too many follicles (5/6) and as I'm now 35 time is against me. So at least with IVF they will be able to manage the number of follicles grown and hopefully the number of embryo's put back.

So this may be goodbye from me from this thread as I may be on the move shortly to the IVF thread. If it is good luck to all of you and hope to see some positive news from you all very soon.

TwoMums I hope it all went wel with the scan today and you ave a couple fo good growth follies to use.

Kelly I have everyhting crossed that this lap will be the one to result in a pregnancy for you. I hope you dont have to go down the ivf path anytime soon but i understand that soetimes it's the best and only way. You will be in my toughts next thursday - take care.

Me well the rib pain has dissappeared and it's horribly cold here atm. I am making a huge batch of chicken soup for dinner. I am not so optomistic this cycle anymore - dont ask me why, i'm just not feeling it atm, well i'm not feeling anything really. I'm only 8dpo and this tww is going so slowly....why????lol. One more cycle of clomid after this then i am having a month off as we are going to thailand for a holiday and i dont want to take it with me. Fingers crossed for us all that this cycle is the one xo

Hey Ladies

I need some advice I came home and had a message on my answering machine from my fs's admin saying i need to repeat a round of clomid tonight and i just had my 2 bloods yesterday and today to see if I am o'ing atm and I had O pains 2 days ago and I am just wondering has anybody had this at all before ?? the other thing is I finished taking tablet number 5, 6 days ago so :S I am just a tad concerned and she isn't back till monday

Good morning all, wishing you all to be that one day closer to a BFP!
    Miss K- that does sound unusual but being new to clomid i don't think i can help you out, hopefully someone more knowledgeable will post soon.

I was hoping for some opinions/comments of my own.... This cycle was my first on clomid (25mg CD 3-7). Was already ovulating but have short LP (9-11 days) and low progesterone. Have been having serial progesterone levels done. On sat 29/3 (2 DPO) it was 10, tues 1/4 (5 DPO) it was 21 and on thurs 3/4 (7 DPO) it was 20.3. Yesterday the clinic midwife who gave me the results said she thought this meant it was on the way down. In my pre-clomid cycles the highest it ever got was 21 So it seem at this satge that clomid hasn't done what we hoped this cycle. Prior to getting the blood results I was hopeful as my temperatures seemed a little higher than normal (can someone please tell me how to put the link to my FF chart in so i can ask you to look at my BBT????)

Anyway today I'm feeling flat. My DP says not to assume its all over this month until temp drops/AF arrives etc but I feel like it already is as I didn't think a pregnancy could be sustained with such low progesterone.... Any thoughts, ideas, suggestions welcome and thanks for wading through my thoughts

DrGirl I was under the impression that clomid wouldnt increase your progesterone but i dont have a progesterone problem so that was never bought up with my FS. If you do have a progesterone problem you will more than likely be prescribed pessaries to help. I find that my pre O temps on clomid are higher and when i was charting i had a higher coverline. I am also getting some serious hot flushes as side effects so that might have something to do with it. As for putting a link for your chart in your sig, you just need to cut and paste the code from FF into your sig. i havent done it for a while but it's pretty easy.

Hopefully the clomid for you will lengthen your LP giving any fertilised eggs a chance to implant before your lining starts to go.

As for progesterone levels in pregnancy, it is the pregnancy that supports the hormones and any artificial hormones wont magicaly make the pregnancy stick if there is something wrong with it - if you are going to miscarry you will. Progesterone will help if you have a viable pregnancy until the placenta takes over. I'm sure your FS will look into this for you, obvioulsy you are being looked after well.

Thanks for that.. I'll try the cut and paste thingy now

1b8da8 Ovulation Charts

This doesn't seemed to have turned into a hyperlink, maybe I have done it wrong?

Will see what people say

Wow, it worked once I posted... thanks again

Hey Girls

Well we went in for the bloods and scan on Friday morning and Kim was a bit slow growing this time, there was one 17.5mm follicle on one side and a couple of 10mm ones on the other side, what our doc called an uneven response... Her E2 was 600 which is pretty good but the doc thought we should hold off triggering until they were a bit higher and see if one of the other smaller follicles would grow. It must have worked because we went in for bloods today and her E2 was 1200 (on average its about 500 per follicle) but she was still pre-ovulatory (no LH spike) so he said to trigger today at 5pm and we are going in for the IUI on Tuesday morning.... Here we go again girls the dreaded TWW!!!

DrGirl 72... our doctor gets us to have a 5000iu HCG injection to trigger ovulation.. then about 3 days after the IUI we inject another 3000iu to keep kim's progestrone levels up.. she tends to have a 12-13 day LP with the booster... the HCG doesnt obviousy have progestrone in it, but it helps support the corpus leutum in producing your own progestrone... if your progestrone drops and shortens your LP, it may be that you have a corpus leutum problem, rather than progestrone suppositries or injections, you could have HCG injections to support making your own progestrone....
    Last edited by Megan&Kim; April 6th, 2008 at 07:50 PM.

Hi All, hope u are all well. This is my first time posting on this thread, just to tell u a little about myself. DH and I have been trying on and off from Sept 07 after having 2 m/c's previously, have been on a tracking cycle this month as i have not been ovulating every month on to discover that the Clinic called me Fri to advise that they are stopping tracking and for me to go and see my FS as he will have to prescribe me a drug. I was so upset, rang DH crying, but a close friend advised that more than likely he will give me Clomid.

How have you girls that have taking Clomid find it, i am worried about it as i am quite thin, do you think it will affect me alot. I would love to hear your opinions, thanks so much and hopefully my stay is short and sweet.....

Welcome Rosa - I'm sure you will find good support in here. I have taken my first round of clomid this cycle, 50mg from cd2-6. I have been ok apart from one day which was cd6 the day I took the 5th & final tablet. I felt nauseous and had vomiting that evening and hot sweats. Other than that I've been fine, no bloating, no dry CM I feel lucky to say that. I only ovulated a day earlier than usual but I usually have a gradual temp rise but this month it was quite a quick and obvious temp rise. We all react differently though so I would listen to what the other girls have to say too - and your doc. Good luck, I hope Clomid works for you. There are some good success stories in here.

TwoMums - GL to you for this month. I have just entered the tww too so we can go through the anxiety together.

MissK - hope all is ok with you and that you get your answers today. Medical staff don't realise that a day feels like a month when you are ttc!

KellyD - GL to you. IVF would be a tough road but I know if we are ever referred to IVF I'd do it without hesitation. Hope you get your BFP real soon!

MrsB26 - yummo chicken soup. Thailand holiday sounds lovely!

Docgirl - sorry I can't help with your progesterone Q. Your chart is looking good though - I see you are going to test today?! GL!!!

Me - well as mentioned to twomums I am now in tww. I didn't ovulate as early as expected but my temp rise was not as gradual as it usually is. I can only guess that my ovulation this month was more powerful. Here is hoping anyway, dy 21 bt on Wed and doc on 21 April.

for everyone !!!

hey girls. hope u are all doing well..Im hoping to hear some of them BFP'S soon!!!

good luck and take care! xoxo

Rosa Welcome, there are all sorts of side effects that clomid has, I have trouble consentrating and have sweeping mood swings. It is a bit of pot luck, let us know what you get. I'll cross fingers for none.
    AJC I'm on the same cycle as you. day 21 blood test on Wednesday then we wait.
    DRGirl72 I'm not an expert, so i'll tell what i've found out/expierenced Although clomid does effect Progesterone in a small way, it's main function is to trick the body into producing follicular stimulating hormone (FSH) it does this by supressing estrogen. This then gets the body to nautally do it's hormone triggers thing for ovulation. Progesterone is produced after ovulation. I found that my progesterone leaped up (I think it was about day 16-17) when i moved on to 100mg d2-6. Hope this helps a little.
    Me We DTD every 36 hrs day 10-18 we've moved that out to 48 hrs till the day 21 blood test comes back + for ovulation. So I'm just waiting and that this is my cycle.

for all

Mel

Morning Ladies

AJC & TwoMums i hope the tww flies by with spectaular results

Rosa Welcome, i was prescribed clomid after m/c also. Its not as scary as it seems. Hopefully you wont have too many of the nasty side effects.

DrGirlHTH with the chart link

Me Well ususally i dont have much to say about myself lol. Anyway for the last 3 days my bb's have been really really sore and combined with my rib pain i was starting to wonder maybe this is it. Af is not due til friday and i am normally pretty good about not testing but last night i ad this vivid dream of taking a hpt and came out so positive that there were 3 lines instead of 2!!!

I took it as on omen and this morning i POAS and BFP

I cant believe it. I am super excited but very weary of anything atm. I have an appoint for bt on thursday and i will go back for results and hopefully ob referral on friday. I need bucket loads of please if you can muster them. If this one ends in m/c i will probably have to take a break for a while.

I am remaining positive, only positive thoughts will enter my mind, woooohoooo

Yeah! Congratulations

Multiply this by millions of buckets.....

Congrats Mrsb26 I wish you a H&H pregnancy hunny !!!!!!!!

Congrats Mrs B26 - wishing you all the in the world for a happy & healthy pregnancy! Hmmm - perhaps the 3 lines means twins?!?!?!

awwww congrats hunni, welcome to the pregnancy wagon!!!! sending you lots of im so happy for you.

for the rest of you xoxoxox take care all

Thank you so much ladies for all your well wishes. I feel very loved. It's been a long and bumpy road for me so far but i have a really good feeling about this one. I'll be keeping an eye on you all and praying you get your bfp's really soon xoxo

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast