Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: TTC & Taking Clomid &/Or Metformin ~ Jan/Feb 2008

well af now here full on so I have decided that today is cd 1 so I guess it's back to the clomid tomorrow. Have decided I need to do something else to try and help my short LP so am going to try vitex. It's natural so surely it wouldn't clash with the clomid? Any thoughts. Sorry if I have been overbearing with all of my posts today but it's really been a struggle today. Bumped into a colleague from my old work (who doesn't know my ttc history or even than I'm ttc) but all she did was talking about who's pregnant, blah blah blah. I'm really happy for them but hearing "she fell straight away" didn't exactly help considering the frame of mind I was already in. Ok off to the supermarket now to get some vitex - going to turn this bad day around. Hmmm, might get some Thai take away and a bottle of wine on the way home. to you all.

Mel, here's some more .

I generally count the first day of red as CD1. Big to you, I don't know anything about vitex, but I generally call OB on those things. God luck I hope your Clomid symptoms are few and easy.

Well, I caved this morning. . It is only 12dpo so AF is due between tomorrow and Tuesday. (LP has never been regular) Will wait untill i can't stand it any more and do another test or AF turns up. Good sign though, Temp went up again today. \
    So hope is not lost.

Temp rise speaks louder than a BFN at 12dpo. probably too early.......showering you with tonnes more

Just googled vitex & clomid and apparently they're not recommended together so I'm going to get B6. I already take blackmores conceive well gold which has 50mg of B6 but you can take up to 200mg per day so I'll try & find a 100mg supplement or something.

Have also noticed that since I cut back on the exercise my cycle hasn't been as good. Back in Dec/Jan when I was at the height of my fitness craze my temps were outstanding and LP 14 days. Needless to say I was up early and walking this morn. I only slowed down with the exercise because all of my clothes were becoming too big on me. Bugger it if I lose more weight I'll just have to buy more clothes - I want my good LP back.

More and hugs for everyone. Twomums, how you going?

hey girls,

sorry been so busy with work and my new scooter... nothing is happening... kim is now 9dpo and is having zero symptoms... complete opposite to last cycle. She had that sicky feeling by day 9 and tired and also very sore boobs etc, but alas BFN... This time she feels completely normal... no sore boobs, not tired and not sick. Be interesting to see what happens. She normally gets AF on 12 days post IUI so if there is no AF on 12 dpiui we will test on 13 dpiui... hope everyone else in the tww is hangin in there...

AJC - Sorry that witch showed up, good on you for being proactive about it tho...

MelA - We got a BFN on day 12 and a BFP on day 14 the time Kim got pregnant...fingers crossed big time for you!!

DrGirl72 - Hows the clomid treating you this cycle??

Still waiting........... This is the longest TWW I've ever had. Temp stayed up again so still good news.

OK, I need a vote do i go and get a blood test? (to put me out of my misery)
    Or do i wait till i get a BFP when I POAS?

Also can the bloods come back negative this early?

Everything my body is doing tells me i'm pregnant. I'm 98% sure, it is just the HPT that keep comming back negative that are making me unsure.

your thoughts

Mel - oh the agony. I hope that second line starts appearing very soon. A blood test will show up a positive this early so if you need that to put you out of your misery then get one done. With high temps it is still sounding very promising despite the stupid pee sticks saying No. Good luck - sending lots of positive vibes your way.

Twomums - Good luck for this cycle.

Docgirl - hope your temps are stable now.... good luck.

Thanks for the thoughts twomums and AJC. CD10 today, sore breasts/nipples and very hot at night...assuming these are clomid related. Temps still up and down, a bit odd, if it was clomid then would have thought BBT would have always been up rather than all over the place... fell free to have a squiz at my chart and comment. Saw my fertility accupuncturist today, she was puzzled by my temps and in the end thought it was prob clomid as there was no other explanation! Will start OPKs tomorrow and have USS next tuesday.

I'm not very good at the whole personals thing but to all of you.

1b8da8 Ovulation Charts

Man this journey is frustrating - had ob appointment for this afternoon, been cancelled. Called out for c-section which I understand totally but GGGRRRRR - I'm already cd6 and still don't know what my response was to the first month - I already O on my own so my guess was that he wouldn't increase my dosage anyway but what if - this month could be a waste. Appointment rescheduled for Thu morn I get to this one.

Sorry - rant over.

Mel, two mums - how you doing?

Docgirl, temps look like they have stabalised a little over last 3 days. GL this month.

Bugger!
    Temp dropped this morning, and AF turned up, she isn't very heavy more spotting really but the cramps are here. So, i'm up to my eyeballs on Naprogesic and hotwater bottles.

It would seem i'll be with you all for another cycle. On to Clomid #10

and to all

Well we're out, Kim got AF after two neg HPT's on day 12 and 13 and straight after she tested on day 13 post IUI she got HER.... she normally gets them on day 12 so at least her LP was a day longer, although that got our hopes up...again. That was attempt no. 13.

Kim really wants to try again this month, if she does she would have to start the clomid tomorrow.... inseminate in 2 weeks (around 5th May) and we would be testing 2 weeks later (around 19th May).. If we got pregnant, we would get our 7 week viability ultrasound 3 weeks after that (around 9th June) and we would leave to go to Malta for 5 weeks 10 days after that (on the 19th June).

Thing is last time we didnt even get to 7 weeks without some spotting and ultimately lost the heartbeat at 8w (after seeing it twice at 6w6d and 7w3d).

If that were to happen again I would hate for it to happen while we are on holidays and also at Kim's sisters wedding and while overseas without our Dr.

So i guess I have just spelled out why we shouldn't try again until we get back from Malta on 24th July.

Guess we are now on a 3 month break. So in the meantime we are going to ring our dr and schedule a Laparoscopy to check for endometriosis and also check kims tubes with the dye test. But before that Kim needs to have CD3 bloods done to check her FSH levels. Thats never been done before either. She has been checked for ANA and ACA's because of the miscarriage. Is there anything else you guys can think of that we can check in this forced break??

Two Mums and Mel Sorry about af, she's a b!tch isn't she?!?!

Twomums - I hope you both relax during the break and have a lovely holiday. At least if you can use your 3 month break for something productive then that is one good thing.I had my first m/c 3 days after I returned home from 2 weeks in Canada - I was so glad it didn't happen while I was away (especially because it was work so DH wasn't with me). DH and I had a 4 month break after my second m/c last year, this was so we could do some tests before we tried again. Plus ob discovered that I wasn't immune to chicken pox so he recommended I have my shots for that which meant no ttc for 3 months anyway. Also did a hysteroscopy to look for septum, fibroids or polyp. Other than that I've had fasting glucose (check for insulin resistance/pcos). I also went to the genetic clinic to get tested for cystic fibrosis carrier status. Good luck.

Mel, another cycle for me too. cd6 today so tablet No 5 went down with brekkie. No symptoms yet this month. I thought for sure I'd be sick again today but not so far. Good luck this month!

I hadn't checked in for a couple of days (computer playing up) and am very sorry to hear everyone's sad and frustrating news...

AJC- at this very moment I am meant to be having my CD14 USS but got a call from obs office saying he had to do an emergency CS...understanding your frustration. At least my ob is going to try to fit me in later, sorry that you are having to wait to see your dr. I hate not being the one in control of things!

Mel A and TwoMums, so vewry sorry that AF arrived

TwoMums, I imagine I would be torn re trying this months vs waiting until after Malta but agree that runnnig into problems while OS would not be a good thing and very stressful.

As for me, OPK yesterday still negative but last evening had a heap of EWCM (sorry if TMI) which was surprised at as thought clomid dried things up and I didn't have any noticeable CM on a lower dose! Meant to be having USS today to ensure not too many follicles. My biggest concern is that I have not been able to contact our donor, I am probably worrying over nothing! He was going to melb for the weekend and only due back today but I SMS him last night re. starting inseminations tonight and haven't heard back which is very unusual for him. My overactive imagination is having him hurt or deciding to give the donor thing a flick, which i think is incredibly unlikely but can't stop my mind going there! Hopefully he'll turn up by tonight.

to you all!

DrGirl72 I'm sure he'll call today, Melbourne is a busy place.
    Me well, my feet are peeling lots. (last time the first sign i got was brown tanned feet when i'd been wearing walking boots and jeans for about a week) It happend again so i was sure it was my turn. Never mind, on to this cycle, and the long weekend.

Ho hum

Thanks Mel, you were right. I actually posted last night but it seems that something went wrong!
    Had USS on tues and have one dominant follicle on left ovary which measured 17mm so ob thought that ovulation prob about 2 days away. Got first positive OPK for this cycle yesterday (CD15) and did first insemination last night. On the down side, our donor again went to melbourne this am, gets back on sat lunchtime. Was hoping to do next insemination friday evening but will have to wait until sat afternoon.

On a different note, how many cycles of clomid have people done/are planning to do/ have been advised to do. My ob initially suggested 6 months of clomid. I think I read that if it is going to work, its most likely to in the first three cycles (but I could have got this wrong), at the same time, I see those on BB who get a BFP after a larger no. of clomid cycles. I said to DP last night that perhaps after three cycles we should at least make an appt to go and see a FS (currently just seeing regular O+G). What do others think?

Docgirl - good to hear you have a good follie and +opk. Donor better be on time, am sure all will be fine though GL. I am going to be taking clomid for 4 months - this is my second month. I too have read that if it's going to work it does within 4 months but one of the other ladies that I met in this thread got BFP on her fifth so I guess the answer will vary depending on who you ask and their circumstances. If the issue is just ovulation then I would perhaps stick it out a little longer than 3 cycles.

We are only going to have another two goes at clomid because DH's swimmers are plentiful but not many of them are that healthy so we will be referred to IVF if we are not pg within the next few months. OB has ordered repeat of test for DH just to make sure. I may also have to go and have a laproscopy done (& probably a stack more)....if we get to the IVF stage. I'm still digesting that info so I'm ok about it at the moment, I just trust my doc so much I really feel he's doing the best thing for us. I feel so much better after speaking to him - he's worth the wait. Did get some good news in that my progesterone level was 64 so that detected good strong O.

Mel - GL this cycle!

DH and I still going to give it every shot for the next few months. We've fallen pg naturally twice before & ob actuallly commented that it's usually when you're in the middle of something bigger that you fall pg and wonder what you were worried about.

Sorry this is such a long self absorbed email but I just needed to get that off my chest.

Hi everyone,
    I also have POS,
    I fell pregnant with my daughter Britney on clomid 1 tablet a day 1st month.
    Joshuah my son took longer 22months, 8months on clomid 4 tablets a day.
    I fell pregnant last year on metaformin (know one told me I could possibly ovulate while on metaformin) but I miscarried at 6.5 weeks.
    I feel pregnant naturally (well almost had to take drugs to bring on period)this February and I'm due in October, a nice surprise as we where planning to start again in a couple of months.

To all those trying Hang in there!!!!!
    Best of Luck to you all!!!
    Kelly

AJC, way to go with a progesterone of 64! Highest mine has ever been is 21! I think I have progesterone envy , not sure if there is such a thing!

Snoopea, thanks for sharing your experience, its good to know that it may be worth perservering!

We are also waiting on donor's swimmer test results as that may obviously make a difference to how long we stick with clomid for.

Evening all. Would love some input re. whether how much use us doing an insemination tomorrow afternoon will be. If you look at my chart you will see that I am CD17 today and had positive OPKs CD 15 and CD 16. I think I probably ovulated this morning (friday). We did an insemination on wed evening (CD15) but the donor had to then go interstate and is not back until lunchtime tomorrow (sat, CD18). Thus a second insemination would, at the earliest, be saturday afternoon. This, I think is greater than 24 hours post when I think I ovulated. I think there is therefore little chance that an insemination tomorrow would help with a BFP for this cycle. At the same time the thought of doing only one insemination in a cycle is a little scary (we usually do 2-3). Part of me thinks we have little to lose by doing it. However, if its not going to add anything then I think its better to not inconvenience the donor and I personally do not really enjoy the inseminations especially the smell of the swimmers! (sorry if TMI). Lastly, would very happy mamage that if it would help a BFP! Any thoughts???? Thanks Girldoc 1b8da8 Ovulation Charts

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast