Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: TTC & Taking Clomid &/or Metformin ~ October 2006 #2

Hi Willow. DH gets home tomorrow - he's too tired to drive safely tonight. I will get the blood test tomorrow but I am stressing tonight. I know cramping can be normal but mine had gone away and now it is back tonight which is a worry. No bleeding (and I *think* I have evening nausea already) but still ..... I just don't want to have the result come back low tomorrow and for it to be all over again.

BW - I am so pleased AF is finally starting to make and appearance.

Deb - if you are around it would be good to *hear* you. But if not I am wishing you all the best for Thursday.

Hi to everyone else.

I am sorry to be such a misery guts and to whinge. I hope I am not offending anyone by posting here I just need my girls around to make it all better. So I'll go and dry the keyboard and wipe away the tears and try to get back on the track of thinking positive.

Michelle, I can only imagine how scary this must be for you. I'm sure everything will seem much better tomorrow when your DH returns home and you get lovely big high numbers on your blood test! Feel free to post and cry and lean on us, we aren't going to stop supporting you just because you managed to see that wondrous double line on a pregnancy test! In fact... it's starting to seem to me that that's when the real support is needed.

I'm a little worried that AF won't show tomorrow... there's just the faintest of faint pink tinges to my CM... last time I had this I was convinced that AF was going to arrive the next day... and now I'm over a week and a course of provera later and I'm still waiting. I saw my rheumatologist today (after forgetting about the appointment and luckily finding the appointment card an hour before hand!), and he nearly had me collapsing in tears in his office. The first question he asks me every visit is "Are you pregnant yet?" And it seems we talk more about my fertility woes than about my arthritis these days... I've been lectured about my desire to have a name for my arthritic condition (I had to laugh when he said he could call it Zimbagers disease if I wanted him to, but it wouldn't change they way we manage it one bit, and that after four years he's pretty certain that it's not going to progress into some sort of joint-destroying form of arthritis, so I guess I'm pretty lucky), and he's got me half convinced not to change gynecologists... but I'll go along and chat to my GP about all of it again on Thursday. my GP should have the results of the blood tests my rheumy ordered then - will be nice to know if my liver is still holding up as well as it was last time! I'm just babbling!

Willow, a final reminder to you to THINK POSITIVE!! We can beat this!

BW

Thanks BW. It does feel like the positive pregnancy test is the time when you feel the most vulnerable. I am sure DH being away for 5 days at the time we discover we are pregnant has been the main reason why I am feeling so vulnerable tonight. But feel free to babble all you like. Looks like Thursday will be a busy day!!!

Trying to keep everything in my brain here... Thursday is Deb's ultrasound? Very big day all round it seems!

BW

Yep - Deb's u/s too. She had the bloods done today and the NT is Thursday. all is well.

Oh Princess.......big hugs.

BW, I have fiddled around so much in the past I've grazed myself and caused some bleeding (!). Hope AF arrives soon for you.

Michelle, don't you dare go anywhere! I'd be lost without you and Deb to talk to.

I hope you are feeling better today. Don't ever apologise for feeling the way you do, if I ever manage to get prg again I am going to be a mess with worry! And Deb absolutely understands what you are going through.

BW, thanks hun, I am trying to stay positive but failing miserably. Had my bloods done this morning and am just so sick of it all. There's no light at the end of the tunnel anymore, I think it went out last month....

Thanks Willow - I'm staying. I just don't want to make others uncomfortable. Cramping has gone this morning which is good - less stressful anyway. Off to be stabbed in a few minutes so that should be fun .... NOT!!!! Need to insist on getting my results rung through today otherwise they will have to call me tomorrow.

Keep your chin up (you are talking to the women who has got pregnant on cycle 4 and 6 on clomid. It is a tough and frustrating road). The light is there, you just have your eyes closed at the moment. Let me know how the blood tests went.

Michelle, you do NOT make us uncomfortable! It's good to have a reminder that this drug we are forced to take to achieve what come naturally to most women actually works! It's a reminder that clomid works, a reminder that we too can overcome this.

BW

Good - then I'll happily keep whinging And yep - the drug can work (eventually!!!!) And you will get there too. You will make a wonderful mummy

Woohoo! I think my ticker says it all!

If I was to be proper about things, I would probably still consider today to be spotting... but there's something psychological about hitting CD80, I don't want to hit CD81! But, there's enough blood now for me to know that AF is coming and I haven't just scratched myself. So, I'm off to do some grocery shopping and get my clomid script filled!

And funnily enough, even though this is the day I've been hanging out for... the thought is enough to make me want to cry.

BW

Firstly big for you Princess. Just remember that we are all here to help you through this. Hang in there precious.

BW- Woo hoo!!! Now you can get started on your Clomid you must be feeling excited. Lets hope you never have to endure another long cycle like the one you just went through.

Well I am just plodding along. Waiting for O to come around. I think this TWW is as bad as the one after O.

Hope everyone else is well.

YEEEEEHAAAAAAAA!!

Sarah, you are an angel! You've fixed my cycle days on the front page and my medications! Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou!

Yep, back from picking up my clomid and I'm hitting the chocolate... peppermint aero... yum! I very nearly had a meltdown at the pharmacy when I realised I'm getting a prescription filled which not only proclaims to the world that I'm trying to get pregnant, but also screams very loudly "I'm infertile!"... such a weird feeling. I've been hanging out to start it for so long, and now I'm petrified of it... and the full significance of what it all means is starting to sink in... Have others gone through all this when starting out?

Now, I'm going to share my chocolate amongst you all, because there seems to be a few of us feeling very down, and what's better than chocolate?

BW

Hi Michelle, Willow, Butterfly and all the others.

:hugs: for you Michelle. I so understand how you are feeling and it is awful. Remember cramping is really normal. I have had it with all 9 of my babies! Of course before I lost any babies I just took it in my stride. Now it sends me into a state of absolute terror - so I can imagine what you are going through.

I am sending out so many positive vibes for your levels to be just beautiful Michelle. I wish I could give you a hug and make you a cuppa so have a cyber hug and a cyber cuppa from me....

Butterfly and Willow you are going to get there. YOU ARE!!!! I wish I could take away all the obstacles for us all ... Sometimes the fear, uncertainty and pain seem too much. Know we are here and even though we are at different parts of the journey we are still doin it together. Okay?

Well, I have had a rotten day. I have had a yellowish discharge - not brown but not clean yellow either. I think it's a tiny bit of old blood mixed with the usual cm. I am so frightened. I have called George but he's at a birth (Message to God: "Please let me feel the joy of giving birth to Eggbert healthy, whole and live...). I am thinking he will ask me to come down and he will do a check. Even though my nt is tomorrow I dont' want to do a 3 hour round trip to the city if something is *wrong*. Say a little prayer for my Eggy if you can...

I will try and come back later and let you all know...

We couldn't have you sitting on CD 80 could we

Deb, praying really hard for you and little eggbert.

BW

Oh Deb, sorry I didn't notice your post there when I did mine. Praying to the sticky gods, that little eggbert stays put for much much longer.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast